• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Somnium

Cushnik

World's Slowest Dev
Days
    • he/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Description

Made with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1

Your father takes up the Gym Leader position in Lacusora Town of Ruawen region. It is on S.S. Blue, a ship taking your family to Ruawen, where your journey begins. At the same time, forces hiding in the shadows begin to put their plans into motion. Yet another villanous team, disorganised criminals or something else? Prosperous at the first glance, the region's hidden actors are ready to shake it to the core. Join forces with your Pokemon to defeat the Gym Leaders, become Champion, discover the mysteries of Ruawen and lead it into the future... or don't. It's your choice, afterall.

Features
    An assortment of Pokemon frrom Gens 1 to 9
    Sidequests!
    Player outfits
    Shadow Pokemon
    Power of Friendship!
    Following Pokemon EX
    Speed Up
    Unreal Time System
    Mid-battle Functionality
    Multiple Save Slots
    Level Caps

Collage 1.png

Collage 2.png

Notes
    Pokemon Somnium strives to provide an experience similar to classic Generation 3 style games expanded with Shadow Pokemon, Megas, a greater degree of freedom, and heavier focus on exploration and questing.
    Beta version is about 1-2 hours long
    There's one gym in the Beta version
    Thetver Cave - 2F is the latest location accessible
    Game's in an early stage so bugs might apeear
    Some assets are temporary/placeholder
    Save often!
    Some quests can have multiple outcomes based on your decisions/actions
    Occasionally talking to people multiple times leads to stuff happening
    Level Caps progress when advancing through the region, rather than beating Gym Leaders
    Some quests/characters/rewards are permanently missable if you advance too far

Known Bugs
    Missing footprints in Pokedex for Gen 1-8 Pokemon
    Talking to Isven (package quest guy) with a full party breaks his quest

*Planned Features*
    8 Gyms planned total + e4 + Champion
    Multiple endings
    Gyms and story quests that can be tackled in any order
    New Mega Evolutions
    A new Legendary Pokemon
    Non-trainer boss battles
    Side questlines

Download Link
    Spoiler: Link

Credits
    Spoiler: Credits

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    can we have the PBS files? Or are they still being made? Figured I would ask since I'd like to know moveset info and encounters, as well as what gift pokemon one can expect.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Sorry for the doublepost but are there nature changing mints or some other nature change mechanic in this? I got mega lucky and got a shiny Nymbal as soon as I began exploring the island forest after I get off the boat, and it has perfect IVs almost in every needed area, and while its nature is Serious and not something detrimental like Naughty or Quiet, I figured I would ask if I can change it at any point in general.

Cushnik

World's Slowest Dev
    Days
    • he/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Thank you for your replies and showing interest in my game!
    Can you make a discord for this game?
    I currently do not have the energy nor want to host and admin a discord server.

can we have the PBS files? Or are they still being made? Figured I would ask since I'd like to know moveset info and encounters, as well as what gift pokemon one can expect.
    Here are the Pokemon and encounters PBS files. As the game's development progresses these may change and encounters are only up to the areas available in the Beta version. As for the gift Pokemon, there aren't any at moment or in the near future plans.

Attachments

• encounters Somnium Beta.txt
      9.5 KB · Views: 4
    • pokemon Somnium Beta.txt
      1.3 MB · Views: 5

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wasnt sure if there was that much development or not to be fair so fair enough thank you all the same.

Cushnik

World's Slowest Dev
    Days
    • he/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    There actually are mints in the game! Few are in Beta, though. But more will definitely be available later in the game!

Attachments

• mint.png
      mint.png
      29.3 KB · Views: 3

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    There actually are mints in the game! Few are in Beta, though. But more will definitely be available later in the game!
    I'll keep my eyes open then, I at least need a jolly mint for my Nymble so this helps a lot

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Having some trouble with the packages, stuck on the pillar one and ive no clue where it could be since they only pillars for a balcony have nothing. id appreciate any help

EDIT: found it nevermind. now im stuck trying to find the next point in the story. i beat the gym leader but i dont know where to go from there

Last edited:

Cushnik

World's Slowest Dev
    Days
    • he/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    How many badges
    There's one gym in the Beta version. 8 planned total + e4 + Champion.
    Having some trouble with the packages, stuck on the pillar one and ive no clue where it could be since they only pillars for a balcony have nothing. id appreciate any help

EDIT: found it nevermind. now im stuck trying to find the next point in the story. i beat the gym leader but i dont know where to go from there
    One gym is in Beta. The latest available location is Thetver Cave - 2F.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    One gym is in Beta. The latest available location is Thetver Cave - 2F.
    ah so i beat the beta so far, neat. its really good so far, did find a bug with the package quest that if you dont have any room for the reward, you lose out completely. it looks like he talks to you but there is no dialogue box. def keeping my eye on this one for more content. the ONLY thing that bugs me is that i cant toggle running.

Cushnik

World's Slowest Dev
    Days
    • he/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    ah so i beat the beta so far, neat. its really good so far, did find a bug with the package quest that if you dont have any room for the reward, you lose out completely. it looks like he talks to you but there is no dialogue box. def keeping my eye on this one for more content. the ONLY thing that bugs me is that i cant toggle running.
    Thanks for your kind words and pointing out bugs! I don't really know what you mean by toggling running. Running shoes are given to player at the start - does it break after a certain point or..? There's also a default movement type setting if that's what you're referring to.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    theres an autorun setting in the options.

Back