• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Sors - The VytroVerse Part 2 (Full Game, v1.3 Available Now!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    i'm playing the demo and i'm really enjoying it so far, the story is cool and the pokémon sprites are really done well. But I have a question about the game, will evolution by trade be like in normal games, or will it change, like a unique stone for those evolutions or will pokémon simply evolve through level?

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    No, there won't be fakemon, I don't wish to have any because I feel like they would turn the game's world building upside down, and not really, fakemon doesn't improve a game by itself, and it's very risky rely on those, because in that case the execution needs to be almost perfect

So glad you said that. Some of us get turned off by fakemon (like me).

Vytron

Just an ordinary Romhacker
    Years
  • i'm playing the demo and i'm really enjoying it so far, the story is cool and the pokémon sprites are really done well. But I have a question about the game, will evolution by trade be like in normal games, or will it change, like a unique stone for those evolutions or will pokémon simply evolve through level?

They are all altered to special methods (like onix leveling up and knowing iron tail for example)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hi, im really looking forward to playing this hack when its finished (i cant play it when it isnt, i have a weird quirk about playing unfinished games). Im wondering though, how big is the game exactly to incorporate all 807 species...by incorporate i dont mean having them in it, but using them in way that theyre not oversaturated? Because usually i find when im playing some hacks and they have too many pokemon, sometimes it gets convoluted and catching pokemon becomes more chore like than fun.

Vytron

Years
  • Hi, im really looking forward to playing this hack when its finished (i cant play it when it isnt, i have a weird quirk about playing unfinished games). Im wondering though, how big is the game exactly to incorporate all 807 species...by incorporate i dont mean having them in it, but using them in way that theyre not oversaturated? Because usually i find when im playing some hacks and they have too many pokemon, sometimes it gets convoluted and catching pokemon becomes more chore like than fun.
    Well I can't specify how big the full game will be and but it's gonna be big enough for them, the plan is that all 807 species will be obtainable ingame (probably some will become exclusive to the postgame due to this)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Well I can't specify how big the full game will be and but it's gonna be big enough for them, the plan is that all 807 species will be obtainable ingame (probably some will become exclusive to the postgame due to this)

Great. One other small thing is, the pokedex...i find that many hacks neglect the pokedex information. Which makes it impossible to catch all the pokemon without a guide. So like, as long as the pokedex has all the the relevant information, i.e where pokemon are located on the map then i'd be a happy man.

Years
  • No it doesn't use CFRU, it uses JPAN as it started development before CFRU, still I'd highly suggest playing the demo, it's a lot of fun.

The CFRU had already started before Sors (early 2019), and no, it does not use JPAN's engine, it uses the old Leon Base.

Vytron

Years
  • Great. One other small thing is, the pokedex...i find that many hacks neglect the pokedex information. Which makes it impossible to catch all the pokemon without a guide. So like, as long as the pokedex has all the the relevant information, i.e where pokemon are located on the map then i'd be a happy man.

The pokedex itself won't tell you the exact locations, however I do pack wild pokemon guides in the .rar (at the download's section) which includes the patch

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • The CFRU had already started before Sors (early 2019), and no, it does not use JPAN's engine, it uses the old Leon Base.

Oh ok yeah true about the Leon base, I don't know about the hack engines that much but what I do know is that I was talking about Sors not having CFRU as from what I heard, CFRU wasn't out when Sors started development, like the early stages of Dev.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    The pokedex itself won't tell you the exact locations, however I do pack wild pokemon guides in the .rar (at the download's section) which includes the patch

Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version mentioned there come out ?
    Pls also tell me some Rom Hack similar to yours (Good Graphics,All Pokemon, New region and story) to play untill Full version comes out.....

Years
  • Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version mentioned there come out ?
    Pls also tell me some Rom Hack similar to yours (Good Graphics,All Pokemon, New region and story) to play untill Full version comes out.....

this one isn't complete yet, but if you haven't played Pokemon Saiph, go check that out. it's complete and by Vytron still.

Vytron

Years
  • Is this game complete or not ? If not complete , upto which point does it go ? Also, when will the Full version mentioned there come out ?

Yes it's not complete, the demo available goes up to Round 2 (around 9-10 hours of gameplay without speedup), the full game is planned to come out early-mid 2021, also, yes, as Roni mentioned, you can try Pokémon Saiph, it's also my romhack and it was finished last year, fun fact, sors is in the same timeline as Saiph, it's not a sequel though, but playing it first might enhance your experience with Sors

Charzar

Fire Dragon
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2023
    How is the difficulty/levelling curve in this compared to Saiph? I just finished Saiph E4, but I wish it was more difficult and with higher level mons.

Vytron

Years
  • How is the difficulty/levelling curve in this compared to Saiph? I just finished Saiph E4, but I wish it was more difficult and with higher level mons.

The level curve is much more balanced, and so far seems to be way higher by the end
    Difficulty wise, Sors is definitely a harder game

Vytron

Years
  • I found a bug in Pokemon Saiph,When I defeated the Champion I enter the hall of fame and my gen 5 and 6 pokemon was turn into gen 1 2 3 pokemon.

Umm, there's literally a whole thread for Pokémon Saiph... (incase you didn't notice, this is Sors' thread)
    But thank you for reporting

Back