• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Stadium 2 and Pokémon Trading Card Game Now Available on the Nintendo Switch

Years
  • Pokémon Stadium 2 and Pokémon Trading Card Game Now Available on the Nintendo Switch

As of today, both Pokémon Stadium 2 and the Pokémon Trading Card Game are on the Switch. Pokémon Stadium 2 requires the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership while the Pokémon Trading Card Game only requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.

I like that Nintendo added the Trading Card Game to the Switch and I hope Nintendo adds the Pokémon Puzzle League to the Switch soon.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • There ain't no point in playing Pokémon Stadium 2 on the Nintendo Switch if I can't transfer my Pokémon from the Virtual Console. No way am I playing that entire game using just rental Pokémon. No can do.

Years
  • Stadium 1 and 2 are both amazing - I would want to play for the minigames alone lol. Been ages since I played TCG too so am looking forward to that, but… can we get the main series games already?! Or are they waiting to release them in paid bundles? Which I guess I'd not be surprised by given their popularity but it has been forever. :x

Years
  • Well I just completed the Trading Card Game. This is the first time ever that I completed a Pokemon spin-off game since with spin-offs I usually lose interest very quickly but somehow I really enjoyed the Trading Card Game. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it much and find it fun to play at all because I'm not a TCG player (never played actual TCG) but I decided to try it since the game was free and I ended up actually really liking it. Went with Bulbasaur starter Deck since that's my favorite starter and later added Venusaur, Butterfree and also Alakazam, then my second deck was Fire with Charizard but Rapidash and Snorlax ended up being the main Pokemon I used from that deck because they were easier to set up and use. So I ended up beating the Elite 4 and Champion with these 2 Decks on my first try despite losing a lot during the Gym portion of the game. Now I might have to look into trying the actual TCG since I found this game so fun to play.

Now I just hope they'll also add some of the main series games soon.

Back