• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

Years
  • I recall the last time the 15th fell on a Sunday was last November. But I didn't recall much of CoroCoro that time so I can't easily speculate on how late or early this next issue will leak.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • https://mobile.twitter.com/HeroOfTime125/status/727619681532575744

Joe Serebii seems to think it may be worth watching out for, since he had re-tweeted it. Do they really do that kind of thing for a Direct, close a whole floor down?
    Perhaps to prevent eavesdroppers from hearing it during recording, or the Nov Direct coming 2 days after they closed the floor down was a coincidence, nothing more.

I do expect a Direct soon, as it's been a long time now, plus I expect them to drop the next bunch of FE Fates DLC, the last one was announced during Direct irc.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really think we'll be getting a Direct before the CoroCoro news. If we get any real info, why wouldn't they broadcast it via Direct, so everyone can see it at once? If they reveal it through CoroCoro, they know Japan will be the ones to get the information first. With some new Pokémon or NPCs, sure, but if this is gonna be our mascots? Our starters, perhaps? That seems like something they'd want to show everyone at the same time. That being said, if it does turn out we get a Direct or some other kind of YouTube announcement, I feel the CoroCoro issue will either just reiterate the information, or just add some minor info such as a small overworld map illustration. I think the most they would add would be protagonist art, but I remember waiting a long time for the X&Y protags to be given official art, so we may have to wait a while for these, too.

Years
  • I recall the last Direct we had relating to Pokemon was when Sun & Moon were first announced, so maybe we might get one coming up and we weren't expecting it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I recall the last Direct we had relating to Pokemon was when Sun & Moon were first announced, so maybe we might get one coming up and we weren't expecting it.
    At least when it comes to main games. Though, irc the first Direct of 2014 to feature the main games was June's E3 direct which showed off stuff on OrAs. I think that was also the case with XY in 2013 outside of the reveal (which had been in Jan), where E3 revealed Fairy types. So it's kind of hard to see a Direct with info on the M.Gs considering that's been reserved for E3 outside of reveal Directs (a.k.a. Pokémon Directs), at least in recent years.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Years
  • Hoping this month brings us the starter and mascot reveals. Anything else would be icing on the cake. Praying this generation has more than 10 new Pokemon (cough Gen 6 cough)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    So we're not getting anything from the official sites? I thought they would leak the mascots.

It seems we need to wait to 11 May to the Corcoro leak. But box legends ever leaked like this?

Years
  • So we're not getting anything from the official sites? I thought they would leak the mascots.

It seems we need to wait to 11 May to the Corcoro leak. But box legends ever leaked like this?

Looking at some of the recent new-generation games and how they leaked their mascot legends (and also the starters), I recall these from reading old Bulbanews articles.

Dialga and Palkia were revealed in June 2006, while Diamond & Pearl were announced back in February that year. The Sinnoh starters Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup were revealed in the September 2006 CoroCoro issue, which was the last issue released before the games came out.

For Black & White (announced in April 2010), the mascot legendaries Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed on both the English and Japanese Pokemon sites on May 28th, 2010. The Unova starters Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott were first shown as silhouettes on a Pokemon Sunday episode earlier in the month, being revealed in full the following week.

Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed alongside the Kalos starters Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie in an announcement for X & Y and game trailer in January 2013. So far the only time the mascots and starters were announced at the same time as their debut game.

So, if we're not getting anything on the official site at this rate it appears we'll likely have to wait for the next CoroCoro issue to leak.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So we're not getting anything from the official sites? I thought they would leak the mascots.

We still got several days to go before the earliest date for CoroCoro leaks(right around the 12th), so we still could get something from them. If it's anything like BW's and XY's situation, they'll want to reveal the boxart mascots worldwide through the Internet before CoroCoro leaks.

Years
  • I could see the legendary mascots being revealed on both the Japanese and English sites before CoroCoro gets released, and as for the starters I could expect them to either be revealed alongside or after the mascots.

I don't want a situation like DP where their starters weren't revealed until the month the games were released, but given how long that wait took back then it was the reason why many speculated the Dark/Fighting/Psychic trio.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The idea that we're getting a direct this month and that May's CoroCoro will be covering news from that direct could explain why there won't be an NX reveal at E3, as the March Direct we had marked the new bi-monthly schedule for the Directs themselves, so they may be saving that reveal for a July Direct. That means a May Direct may be the ideal spot to finally give us gameplay footage of Sun and Moon. The fact they're closing the second floor like they did for the November Direct could indicate two things. The Sun and Moon gameplay may be one of them (the other could be new Smash Bros. DLC, despite the recent ones being the last batch, like the November Direct with Cloud's reveal).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Maybe we'll get a video only on the 13th? After the corocoro leaks.

That'd mean the legends will be around the net for about 2-3 days. Pretty amazing, last time was in 2006 with Dialga.

Back