• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    I have a question...

What if the starter is in the PC and a giant Wailord is following you instead?

Still, I love the images! Graphics are like Pokemon Platinum!

P.S.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I have a question...

What if the starter is in the PC and a giant Wailord is following you instead?

Still, I love the images! Graphics are like Pokemon Platinum!

P.S.

Seeing as they showed the Starter following us, I would think that they would only allow the starter to follow you like in Yellow. If stored in teh PC, then nothing might be following you.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I doubt they'd allow you to have your starter Pokemon follow you for eternity. Like everyone said, it might only be for the Mr. PKMN quest, cuz the Pokemon's not technically yours.

Those guys on PKMN Sunday are overreacting... Don't imitate anime-style plz.

well if you can´t migrate, what if you are able to go to HONNEN that would be awesome to have 3 regions in 1 and challange Brendan and May to a double battle!

*Takes out DPPt + an extra DS*
    I heard DPPt is compatible (?) with HGSS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The starter apparently won't follow you everywhere like how we saw in the show, as the new CoroCoro scans contradict them.

Relevant

PACT;; applejuice & nytkoi
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    At first, I thought this was a hack when I saw it in naoi.'s signature xD;.

Well, it looks great! I can't believe they're bringing back the pokemon follow program; it was awesome in yellow. I also like the new sugimori art.

Again, it looks very impressive!

-MetalGardevoir

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If the starters follow you even after they evolve then give the game props, because it will indeed be a favorite feature of mines.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    Ohhh just soo much anticipation!!!! :D
    I for one hope the pokemon following you thing is a option, I mean, I really don't find it that apealing. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to buy it either way, just a hope thats all.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ I'm sure even if it follows you all the time, there will be moments when it is brought back in its Pokéball such as when you surf or ride your bike for instance.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    ^ I'm sure even if it follows you all the time, there will be moments when it is brought back in its Pokéball such as when you surf or ride your bike for instance.

Most likely yes, unless a Totodile uses surf it'll still be out of its pokeball.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I'm guessing. It'll probably be like Platinum where we recieve the info gradually until the release date draws near, when we're suddenly bombarded with a huge amount of information.

The day it's released you get home from school and your like OMGAWESOMEZ DKSFJS:DKLJFDKSLF. lol :P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So if the starters follow you, what happens when they evolve? Do they change the OW?

It isn't confirmed what happens as yet as they only showed us the three OW sprites at their first stage.

Back