• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    From what I have heard in the video, it's not my ideal remix of New Bark, but four seconds of a song is not enough to start talking about a soundtrack IMO XD

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Wow! I know its only a small addition, but wow! I'm really liking the idea of the Starter following you around. ^^

The updated artwork is pretty neat, too... though why does Cyndaquil look exactly the same, no matter how many times people draw it? Its always in the same or similar position! XD

I'm also happy that there isn't much difference in style from D/P/Pt, either. Though I don't know why, because no matter the style, I'd end up getting used to it, anyway. XD I'm just really excited that they're finally remaking probably one of the best Generations of Pokemon games. ^^

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    How bloody excellent is it that the starter follows you? :P I'm totally getting Feraligatr to walk beside me. The final stage Sinnoh starters walked with the player in Amity Square in Platinum, so I can easily say I think Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr will follow aswell. Elm's 2nd floor looks awesome. Really like the idea of the stairs at the side of the house/lab. Silver's hair looks lighter and shorter; I really hope there's more of a story to him this time around.

On a side note, how amazing is Goldenrod going to look? :P And Shiny Gyarados for everyone. They'll be spamming Wi-fi teams for sure. I can't wait till I'm soft resetting for the nature I want. :P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I really like the new Sugimori art, and it looks really cool how your starter follows you around. I never got Yellow version, so that'll be good to see in GHSS. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the New Bark Town remix too much, but when they went back to it a second time, it sounded a lot better. I can't wait to hear Route 27, the Kanto gym battle theme, the Champion battle theme, the credits and so many others ~ I have no idea what I will choose as my starter, though.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The updated artwork is pretty neat, too... though why does Cyndaquil look exactly the same, no matter how many times people draw it? Its always in the same or similar position! XD
    I think its cause Cyndaquil is the most simplest yet always adorable starter. I call it Kawiiquil. XD
    I really like the new Sugimori art, and it looks really cool how your starter follows you around. I never got Yellow version, so that'll be good to see in GHSS. At first I wasn't sure if I liked the New Bark Town remix too much, but when they went back to it a second time, it sounded a lot better. I can't wait to hear Route 27, the Kanto gym battle theme, the Champion battle theme, the credits and so many others ~ I have no idea what I will choose as my starter, though.
    The Kanto Gym leader music for sure will be pure win.

Last edited:
    Years
    I can't wait for more Info to be revealed. I like the idea of my Cyndaquil following me but I hope you can turn that on and off because after a while it'll get annoying. I also wonder what will happen if you talk to it.

I wonder what will be in the upper floor seeing that's new maybe an extra lab, which can only be accessed after the elite 4 or Red.

●๋•รђเвเ●๋•

¤=๋●๋•๓אร? ?เςเ╬א เ๓קlเƹร Ŧ๏гςƹ
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Wow!

That's gonna be so goodie! if our starter walks with us :) i mean that's truly awesome and yeah New Bark Town looks cool.

Years
    Is it only me who doesn't particularly like the idea of any Pokémon following you about? With Yellow, fair enough, because it had always set out to mirror the original anime series, but even so I found it fairly annoying at points.

I should probably be more excited than I currently am, given the reactions of most members of PC. I mean, sure, it's a new game in the series, and I'm excited for that reason, but I'm not all "OMFGGGGG YES" over the fact that it's a remake of the Gen II games. They are going to be so overhyped by the time of their release, if this continues. =|

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    LOL. Overhyped. Just slumping over their keyboards, slowly typing in a few letters at a time.
    Sure, the sprite might get in the way, but other than that I really like it. It's just a nice touch to make it better.

Years
    Pokémon Sunday's big reveal (10th May) - discussion

Summary:
    - The starter follows you!
    - New Bark Town has a slow, homely musical theme
    - As we can see, the art style and overworld map resembles Diamond/Pearl

What show was that first screenshot from, anyway?
    I can see...people. xD

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
    yyeeeessssss i knew it!!! thank God im gona go try and fly now! wwwhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Is it possible that the Pokemon only follows you for an event in the game though? Or has anyone official stated otherwise? Just wondering, but I hope not.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
    Does anybody know if someone somehow translated the video really quickly and has it up yet? I'm just trying to find one with something to clear up questions I had that may have been answered by them.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Is it possible that the Pokemon only follows you for an event in the game though? Or has anyone official stated otherwise? Just wondering, but I hope not.
    We don't really know much. We're just making assumptions from the video. It's a possibility.

Back