• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - The league stands strong IC (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    The group was herded off of the submarine and onto land, where Champion Cynthia was waiting for them. She scolded she soldiers, remarking that the trainers should be persuaded not taken against their will. Oh well, it was done and over with now. Skylar looked around. This place didn't look very good, with the buildings crumbled to the ground in ash and rubble. Her hands began shaking. Cynthia told the group to rest up for a few hours, and Skylar quickly followed Yuki. She didn't know why, but she felt safer around him. Maybe because he was so level-headed it seemed.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Kanto

Cynthia walked into the room, oh great, another champion, what's this one gonna do?, Justin thought as he balled his hands up into fists. He listened to what she said, then followed her and the group off the submarine. Justin looked around and the Viridian Ruins "So this is Kanto.... not as amazing as people made it seem." he knelt down and picked up a sharp looking rock then put it in his pocket, "But it's still better than Johto". He walked with the group for a few minutes then broke off to look for Cynthia, noticing that she had disappeared.

Years
    Tabris- Arrival in Kanto

Tabris glared at the guards as they ruoughly removed him, Tsuya, and the others out to the surface. He watched wickedly as Cynthia, the Champion of Sinnoh, grabYuki's chin and told him (them) to get some rest before joining up with the others again. He led his sister behind Yuki and and Skylar who moved into one of three houses that still stood in the town, well they weren't in the best of condition, but still stable from the looks of it. The sight of Kanto was a shock to Tabris, and he was sure it was to all the others as well. He paused at the door to the house for a moment then pressed over to a second one next door. He watched Justin trail off from the rest of the group as well.

Entering the building Tabris sighed, the place was a dump, it looked as though it had already been through a war. Fortunatly there was a couple chairs, and both he and his sister decided to each pull one up. Continueing to ponder his thoughts, Tabris didn't say anything, but then neither did Tsuya. 'This is so messed up.' Tabris thought putting his head into his hands to think.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "I wonder what's going on here," Skylar began, sitting on the hard dirt floor of the broken down complex. "I mean, obviously we were tricked from the start. Those battle coins are probably useless, since we're already here and all." She looked down at her hands. It was such a complex plan...so why were they a part of it? Skylar thought of each of her newfound friends individually. They must've each possessed a strength that this anti-Proven army wanted. But how did this army find them? There was a surplus of trainers back in Johto, Skyar knew it. She hadn't gotten into any bad mishaps with the Proven, so there was no way she was a very well known trainer. Sure, her grandparents were filthy rich and had many unknown connections, but she was just a normal girl. Nothing stood out about her...So why her? Why her friends? She had so many questions, which might never be answered.

ElBurrito

Years
    Kanto - Absol's Story

As the guards broke into the room and grabbed Justin, Absol leaped up and used razor wind to knock one of them down, in response the guard pulled out a clubbed and beat Absol down, the dark pokemon fainted seconds after watching his trainer get dragged out of the room. Hours later Absol woke up in a dark room, he looked around trying to figure out where he was, and where his trainer was. His crest began to glow black and began slashing at a wall, trying to break out. Lights came on, a door opened, and Absol tackled someone who walked in, then ran out. Finding his way out of the building, Absol took off running to find it's trainer.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki sighed at is surroundings, everything was a mess, there was nothing to look forward to as everyone was a lie. He looked around the room and noticed skylar tabris and tsuya, and justin was somewhere after his absol. Out of all the people it's us five that get the bad news, I bet dad's worried, all Yuki could think about was his dad's reaction, what he would be like. Cynthia then reappeared in the room.

"Sorry about earlier, I guess I better fill you in on the political view and the military view of things." She paused for a moment to make sure everyone was listening before slightly crouching over.

"We are in Kanto, across te mountain is Jhoto. Now we've wanted Jhoto for a while because it would provide us with more military and resources, after all this place doesn't provide much in the cause of food. Even worse we aren't aloud to trade with other places around the world, so life here is tough for the people on the east. Living conditions are getting gradually worse as the proven threaten to take more and more lives each day. Thats why we needed you, to help us. After all you lot are the best of the best, or as some say, the 'créme de la créme,' although I have no idea what it means. Anyways, as I was saying, if we have you as trainer fight with pokémon then we have a good chance of winning, why? Because the proven don't expect that!"

"And the proven use energy that is ineffective against pokémon to kill their enemies, therefore using pokémon will mean they have less weapons to use against us," Yuki said butting in. He was starting to believe that Kanto is the right place, but the proven have made it torture even for those that aren't trainers.

"What about Mt. Silver," he added, "surely if we had a flock of flying types we could surprise them, or if me and Skylar were to go up there with flying pokémon and attack from above, pinpointing the main locations and proving to Jhoto that we aren't the enemy, perhaps we might have a bit more, luck, on our side."

Cynthia considered this for a moment, probably attempting to figure out the consequences and dangers, "I'll talk about it with the generals," she said. She stood up.

"Any more questions?"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar let everything Cynthia was saying sink in. They were going to claim Johto now..? Her heart pounded. The Proven were strong, could the five of them really even make a dent in their huge army. She gulped and raised her hand, indicating that she had a question.

"Um yes, Cynthia?" she stammered, her face brightening slightly. "Aren't we going to need more Pokemon to accomplish this? I mean, I think Yuki, Tabris, Justin and I each have four or five Pokemon, but Tsuya only has Eevee..."

She frowned, hoping the Champion wouldn't hate her for asking. She was kind of nervous, since Cynthia was so highly respected and all. She didn't want to make a bad impression on someone like that on the first day.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Cynthia laughed at Skylars question. She noticed she was nervous so tried not to be to strategic about the sentance, so there wasn't a long wait between her next sentence.

"Well for a starter we wouldn't even dream of putting the girl out on front line, but eevee's are useful in other ways. She may not fight, and for that matter she doesn't hacve to help at all, but if she wants to she -" Se was cut off by a loud boom. She turned around and shrugged her shoulders. She sighed, iritated and agitated.

"Right, before I leave to go sort out Alder, does anyone else have questions?" SHe turned back to Skylar and remembered her other question

"Oh, and we have plenty of pokémon, I'd say about 100 strong fully trained ones including yours, and the rest are medics, and helpers, so in total about 200-300 pokémon are contributing, and some wild pokémon of their own will." She frowned at how that sentence sounded, 'at their own will' as if everyone was forcing them to do it, because tat wasn't the case. She didn['t try and correct herself, just stood there instead.

ElBurrito

Years
    Kanto - Part 2

"Yeah, I have a question" Justin said walking into the room where all the others were. "Where did you put my pokemon?". Justin crossed his arms then leaned against the door frame, staring at Cynthia. "Because if you want my help, knocking out my Absol and taking my other pokemon from me isn't the best way to persuade me". He brushed some dust off his shirt "And one more thing, aside from getting our pokemon back, do we get any weapons for fighting the proven? I could use a new one since I lost my knife."

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    So Tsuya won't have a high chance of getting hurt, Skylar thought, relief flooding through her. Cynthia added that they had other Pokemon helpers, and wild ones would help as needed. Skylar frowned slightly; it didn't sound right, but she wouldn't dare correct the Champion. She began wondering what kind of Pokemon were helping out...Hopefully some legendaries! It wasn't very likely, she knew, but it made her a little more excited to be here. Besides, she'd always wanted to see an Articuno or Suicune in real life...Perhaps Cynthia could persuade them too.

Skylar snapped back to reality as Justin demanded to know where his Pokemon were. Her eyes narrowed slightly. Right! We can't exactly fight without them... she almost blurted the thought out, but bit it back just in time.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    "Your pokemon?" Cynthia blurted out almost as if she was clueless, which she was

"I thought they were given back to you all?" She then looked around furiously.

"ALDER!" She shouted before storming off. After about 10 minutes she brought back four belts and two pokéballs tat belonged to Tsuya, she chucked them in everyone directions, although she didn't really know who's was who's. She then stepped forward and pulled out a sword, then she handed it to Justin.

"Just because you have a sword don't get cocky. Train a bit, get used to it, because I don't doubt it might prove useful." She then found a bag and then pulled out several objects that might 'help' the group. Several torches, two saddles for Yuki and Skylar, although Flygon was probably a lot bigger than the saddle, and for Tabris, she pulled out a strange looking gun.

"One of the best we have, shoots weak plasma that stuns enemies, doesn't kill them, although if you hit them twice they don't have much chance of living, three times definite." Se then stepped back and viewed Tsuya, then gave a expression of concern. She pulled out a pokéball from her belt and revealed roserade. She then chucked the pokéball at Tsuya carelessly.

"Good healer and battler, use her wisely, and don't let her die, she's one of my oldest friends." The roserade gave a smile back to cynthia before trotting over to Tsuya, it's expression bright to avoid her feeling guilty on any way.

ElBurrito

Years
    Pokémon Returned

Justin caught the belt as it was tossed to him, he counted each pokeball then put it on. Now if I could just find Absol..... He looked up and watched as Cynthia pulled out a sword and handed it to him, "Don't get cocky" she said as he grabbed it. He turned it around to see all sides of it, ran his finger along the blade to see how sharp it was, then slid it into the side of his belt, "Thanks" he said with a nod. Maybe this place isn't too bad, an army fighting to defeat the proven. This is definitely the place for me, He thought as he walked completely into the room and leaned back against a wall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar grinned and grabbed her belt back from Cynthia, muttering a quick "Thanks!" before clipping it back into place. She grabbed the first pokeball in line and released the Pokemon within. Espeon appeared in a white light, looking very frightened as her shape came into form. Skylar frowned and crouched down, touching the purple Pokemon's long silky ear. "Espeon? Are you oka-"

Espeon jumped back from Skylar's hand, her fur on end. She looked at her trainer, eyes bulging, until she finally realized who it was. "Peon! Espeon!" she cried gleefully, leaping into a stunned Skylar's arms. Skylar looked at her Pokemon blankly for a second, then a small frown appeared as she turned her head up to glare at Cynthia. "I'll be outside," she spat, her words full of venom. She shouldered past Cynthia, feeling the least bit of regret, and walked out of the hut.

The cool breeze felt relaxing on Skylar's skin, however she was still angry. This army held their Pokemon captive, and didn't inform then of anything. They must've felt so fightened and alone in their pokeballs...Skylar looked down at her belt, her bangs falling over the left side of her face. She glanced behind her, then released them. One by one she sent out her Pokemon, and one by one they appeared looking terrified. Squirtle was in his shell, shaking. Riolu sat on the ground, looking stunned. Flygon's wings were pressed against him as he tried to make himself as small as possible. Even Combusken looked afraid, with his crossed arms and hunched posture.

"Guys! It's me, Skylar! There's no need to be afraid anymore...Just let me explain..." Her words trailed off as Flygon turned his head. There was a wicked look in his eyes. "Flygon...Listen to me, I didn't want-" she was cut off by a snarl as he unfurled his wings and flew slowly toward his trainer. An orb began glowing in his mouth...Hyper Beam?

"Flygon! No!" Skylar gasped, covering her face with her arms. I didn't mean it! This isn't my fault! Alder kept you cooped up! This wasn't suppose to happen! she wanted to scream the words, to make her distressed Pokemon understand. But no words came out, she just stood there covering her face with her teeth clenched in horror and regret. She heard him release the move, and braced for impact.

...But it never came. She opened his eyes and lowered her hands to see the white beam produced from Flygon's mouth fight against...She didnt know what it was...until she looked down.

Combusken was using flamethrower, which was the base of the beam. Twirling around it was Squirtle's hydro pump. Riolu was shooting off aura spheres, which came from either side of the beam. Espeon's psychic held it all together. Skylar relaxed, and smiled at her Pokemon. Flygon stared at her, the fiery look in his narrowed eyes diminishing. His hyper beam slowly weakened, then faded away altogether. The Pokemon before Skylar also halted their moves, looking up curiously.

"You guys are all so strong, strong than I'd ever thought." She sat on the ground, and her Pokemon surrounded her before she continued. "If there was any league to battle through, I'm sure we would've won. But...There's not." The confusion worsened. "You see, we're in Kanto now. And the sight isn't pretty. We were called in to save it. Each of you will be helping in a war against the Proven. I really am sorry about your transport here...Ours was also against our will." She stopped and looked at Flygon. The big Pokemon was looking down shamefully. "I'm not mad," she spoke directly to him, "In fact, I should've suspected you would get angry with me. But it's okay. It's all okay now..."

Years
    Tabris first returned his necklace to it's proper place under his scarf, then examined the strange gun he was given. He swiveld it around then took false aim, before putting it on one of his many belts. "Thanks, Cynthia" He muttered though there wasn't much sincerity in the tone he said it in. Indeed she seemed kind enough, but then so did Alder, he figured to just hold his opinion on the Champion for now, good or bad.

Tsuya gleefully took her Pokeball back, and recieved a second one that would hold Cynthia's Roserade. The Pokemon neared the girl with a illuminated expression. "Don't worry, nothing bad will happen to you." She spoke kneeling down to the Grass Pokemon.

"Snea! Sneasel! Sne sne sne!" Tabris heard his Pokemon outside the hut. Without hesitation he rushed to the source. He saw Snease violently pressing through the guards heading the direction of the small house. "Snease!" Tabris called as the Dark weasle's eyes gleemed upon seeing him, safe. She ran over leaping into his arms. "I'm sorry Snease. They didn't hurt you too bad did they?" Tabris questioned. "Sne-hehehe" She laughed pointing in the direction of the submarine with a few of the soldiers on the ground. Tabris couldn't help but laugh a little as well, they deserved it. "Good job, but don't do that any more. Apparently there was a misunderstanding and they're still on our side." He informed.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki rested is head against the wall and shut his eyes. What next. What happens to us? What happens to Dad. He pondered the future, but didn't regret doing anything, and decided that perhaps this was his future, his destiny. Although stupid the idea stuck in his head. He had made his mind up, and he was going to fight. Cynthia walked out the room and from far off shouts could be heard as Cynthia scolded her soldiers. Yuki ran is finger along is belt because his eyes were closed and found the fifth pokéball, pressing it firmly to release skarmory. He stood up, opened is eyes, and flung the saddle over skarmory's back, then tested it out, although no flight was taken. It was surprisingly comfortable, yet it had a slight formality to it. Skarmory was a good choice. Skarmory didn't object as Yuki tried to find a suitable place for the saddle, which took at least five minutes. He then found the right one and then returned skarmory to it's pokéball.

A sort man then entered the building but stopped at the doorway.

"If you or ya pokémon need armor, come see me in that house over there." He then left suddenly. His tone wasn't too friendly, a little dull. He looked kinda bored, so Yuki guessed it was Cynthia who asked for this. So far she was helping a lot. Yuki then released all his pokémon in order. He gazed at is pokémon for a second and decided that he would like Gallade and Ampharos to peraps have some form of protection, since these two were the brutal physical sweepers of the team, although Gallade had some special moves. He then looked at eevee, then remembered he had something. He also looked at Tsuya who had her eevee. He dropped his bag on the floor and dived in, looking for his case. Wa-la. He pulled it out and walked over to Tsuya.

"Do you want to evolve your eevee? I got five stones here." He pointed to the fire stone. "This one you get a fire type Flareon." The the thunder stone, "This one gives you an electric type, jolteon," then the water, and so on. After his explanation he nudged Tsuya and erged her to pick one for her eevee. He knew what he wanted already, but he didn't mind if Tsuya picked the one he wanted.

Years
    Tsuya meanwhile returned her new Roserade and sent out Eevee in it's place. She hugged the little fox Pokemon close and whispered something to it, more than likly her appologies. It was at that time that Yuki approached with a box in his hand. Inside was a variety of Evolution Stones, her eyes glittered at the offer. She examined the five stones and reached for the Fire Stone, her brother already had a Flareon, there wouldn't be much point to getting a second so her hand moved over to the far right of the box and hovered over a light blue glistening rock. Tsuya knew alot about Eevee, but hadn't seen a stone like this one before, it wasn't a Water Stone, and was incredibly cold to the touch. It had to be a Freezing Stone, the Ice type Evolution of Eevee, Glaceon. With that she lifted the blue rock from the box and knelt down to Eevee. "You want to Evolve? Your personality will change won't it?" SHe questioned. Eevee knew this to be true, but barked a happy reply, and comfortingly nuzzled her trainer before resting her head on the stone.

Eevee's body glowed and a frigid air swirled about the room as her shape slowly changed. Moments later the white light that enveloped her body diminished and in her place stood a graceful blue Pokemon. "Glaceon..." She whispered flipping her icicle like tufts of fur carelessly. Then with cold eyes but an expression of appreciation Glacion lick the tip of Tsuya's small nose. The girl giggled and hugged her favorite Eeveelution. She then moved her eyes up to Yuki, "Thank you so much, Yuki! I've always wanted a Glaceon!" She exclamed looking back to her new Pokemon Partner. "Together we'll do our part to help out won't we?" Getting a peaceful nod from the Ice type Pokemon she waved her tufts again and let the cold air continue to flow.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki pulled back the case once Tsuya had picked herself an evolution, which was glaceon. She thanks him for it an he nodded in response, before taking out the opposing rock, the mossy one, and holding it out to eevee, who happily agreed. The white flash occurred sending eevee into a new transformation, leafeon. The grass pokémon flicked it's tail and sat politely on the ground. It's attitude had changed a lot from the careless eevee it was to the new polite pokémon it is. Riolu now needed to evolve, but that wouldn't be too difficult considering the pokémon is always cheerful. Yuki stood up and started walking towards the door. He turned around briefly.

"I'm going to get some armour for Gallade and Ampharos just in case." He then took off shutting the door carefully behind him.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar looked up at Yuki as he exited the building. Her Pokemon were still surrounding her; it looked almost like they were having story-time. She stood up with a grin and dusted off her shorts. "Hey Yuki, where are you going?" she inquired. He looked like he was in a rush, but Skylar was bored and wanted something to do after Flygon's little mishap. Said Pokemon was staring at the sky, probably lost in thought, she assumed.

Espeon peeked into the hut while Yuki and Tsuya were still in it, and witnessed the evolution of the two Eevees into Glaceon and Leafeon. She grinned, glad to have more Eeveelutions around. She had always wanted to meet and Umbreon though, and wondered if one would be helping her and her friends out.

ElBurrito

Years
    Absol's Return

Justin watched as both Yuki's and Tsyua's Eevee evolved into their sinnoh evolutions, Leafeon and Glaceon. Wow, I think I'm the only trainer without an eeveelution, Justin thought as he reached into his pocket, pulled out the battle coin and began fidgeting with it, But I do have Absol. And he's just as good, if not better, than any eeveelution.... He looked outside as Tabris ran to Snease, "I better go" Justin said, pushing off the wall and placing the coin back in his pocket, "Absol is the only pokemon that hasn't returned yet." He stormed out of the room, visibly angry and impatient. If I know Absol well enough, which I should, he's already broken out of wherever he's being held and is looking for me.... He looked down and saw footprints going towards the treeline, "Absol.... and what looks to be quite a few people chasing him.." Justin began running to the trees.

Absol ran as fast as he could, leaping over rocks and pools of water, ducking under fallen trees, but the Kanto soldiers were still in pursuit. Absol jumped and landed on a tree stump, did a faint attack and tackled one of the soldiers from behind, then ran back the way it came. He let out a howl and used razor wind on two more soldiers who were coming as backup. Absol stopped as he heard a more chaotic noise headed his way, he sensed something mad, and more dangerous than the previous soldiers, was headed straight for him.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    KWAAAAA! The roaring sound could be heard from behind Justin, a sort of bird cry, but so very loud. It sounded like an eagle, only more, screechy. As Yuki stepped outside he noticed Skylar following him.

"To get armour," he said before continuing on his way, untill he too heard the noise. He ran around so the forest was visible from where he was standing and up above the treetops came the a dazzling bird, red with a huge yellow beak and a rainbow assortment of coloured feathers. It was ho-oh. It landed in the centre and spread out its wings and let out another cry This pokémon was from Jhoto so why was it here? To help?

I guess that's what my dad's trying to find out. Yuki stared in disbelief as he saw his dad place a hand on the bird pokémon's wing. What?

Yuki stepped forward, angry and confused. His dad caught him with the corner of his eye before Yuki could speak.

"Don't come close, I need to find out what the pokémon wants... Yuki."

"Dad..." It's all that comes from Yuki's mouth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back