• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - The league stands strong IC (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Michael Sheranto- Thinking ahead
    The girl was very clever, she got her espeon to bring her bag and got out flygon's pokeball. "Very clever" Michael said to himself. The girl then said "I just need to get Espeon up close enough to Flygon so she can use Psychic on him long enough to move him down towards us so I can get him back in his pokeball. Do you have a flying Pokemon, or perhaps a one that knows vine whip?" No sorry but your are thinking ahead of me Michael chuckled. "Go on do your thing." Michael said to give her some encouragement.

Years
    Tabris-Plot to Retrieve

Tabris narrowed his eyes, at the suggestion of a flying Pokemon or more so one with Vine Whip. Putting his hand under his scarf he felt the Pokeball that held his Ivysaur. He didn't really want to reviel his own Pokemon, rather see what everyone else had in store. "I'm sure that Metagross knows Psychic as well. You think your Pokemon will appreciate you forcefully returning it? Flygon seems rather peaceful." Tabris added looking back up to the sleeping dragon.

"My name is Snease," She replied to Tetra watching her trainer and a small group of others trying to come up with a plan to bring down a Flygon, she knew she couldn't play a part so continued to conversate with the Gardevoir. "Truly? I had no idea your connection to humans was that adept."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "I don't want to just leave him there," Skylar frowned, "But I don't really know what to do." She sighed and rubbed her head. This was really stressing her out.
    Flygon glanced down at the group below him. He snickered; now he was finally getting some attention compared to the smaller Pokemon that seemed to always have the spotlight. He stood up and stretched, then casually jumped off the beam and hovered over the group's head. Skylar's eyes narrowed.
    "Come here Espeon," she murmured, picking up the psychic type. "Use Psychic on Flygon so he can't get away, but don't hurt him."
    Espeon nodded to her trainer, and the orb on her forehead began to glow. Flygon was engulfed in a blueish-purple light. He panicked and tried to escape, but to no avail, and Skylar held out his pokeball. "Flygon, return!" she commanded, and soon the large Pokemon was tucked safely away in his pokeball. She sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Sorry everybody."

Years
    Tabris-Question on Flygon

Tabris removed his hand back out from his scarf to again be at his side. "Don't appologize, you took the matter into your own hands and accomplished your goal." He spoke glancing at Snease across the room then back to the girl. "You said your Flygon had never acted like this before?" He questioned. "We are in a competition, and I'm sure you want your Pokemon to be in top shape. Physically and mentally. Maybe you should try to figure out what got into it." He suggested. "Oh, and I am sorry for not lending my assistance." Tabris was a little caught off guard by the last statment that just blurted out, being he usually never said much to anyone.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Michael Sheranto- Back to normal

Michael watched as the girl made her espeon use psychic on the flygon and then return him. She apoligised for all her troubles and then he stranger said "Don't appologize, you took the matter into your own hands and accomplished your goal." He looked at a sneasel and said "You said your Flygon had never acted like this before? We are in a competition, and I'm sure you want your Pokemon to be in top shape. Physically and mentally. Maybe you should try to figure out what got into it." Michael then spoke up "Wise observation, Your flygon seemed very stressed so i think it needs something that can calm it down. Maybe give it a game to play, it cheers mine up."

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    The Base - Part 2

"Sol!" Absol jumped onto the bed and landed on Justin. "What is it?" Justin sat up and rubbed his eyes. Absol lifted a paw at the door. "Hmm.....", Justin grabbed his pokeballs "Return! All of you!" After returning his pokemon he put the pokeballs in his pocket then walked out of the room with Absol.

Justin and Absol stood outside the door watching the commotion. So this girl also has a Flygon, and another trainer has a Metagross.... there's a lot of psychic types here... Absol started to run out to the group when Justin called it back "Let them be Absol, I want to see what kind of strategies they come up with". The girl finally got her Flygon put away. Justin looked down at Absol "Go scout the area, see if you can find a secluded space where we can train, I'll get some food for the other 3." Absol ran off and Justin walked over to the food table and started tossing stuff in his bag.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki

What was all the comnmotion in the main room. Yuki who was now curious, stood on his feet and trunged out of the room, through the battle hall and into the main room where he noticed quite the scene going on... and the boy from earlier was there too. What the hell was he doing here the reckless... wrench? Yuki couldn't really think of an insult as that was the most mad he had ever been at someone, and never really had use for insults. Now he knew what was happening he thought it would be awkward to just leave, so he passed the small crowd and sat on a bench near to the food table and picked off a strawberry, ans started slowly chewing. Out of the corner of Yuki's eye he noticed something yellow at the door to the room, it was ampharos!
    Ampharos sensibly walked over to Yuki after he had acknowledged he was at the door, and was closely followed by eevee and riolu, which tended to be quite a popular pokémon among this group. The two younger pokémon were both clinging to ampharos's side as they ingored everything beside them and walked over to Yuki, who gretted them all with a smile. The ampharos ten went about gathering bits of food for the younger pokémon to eat since they couldn't reach the high table, yet. Yuki had though about this a lot actually, considering Lucario will be tall, and all of eevee's evolutions are small, but perhaps an umbreon or an espion will be able to use it's psychic powers instead, which gave Yuki a base on what he wanted eevee to evolve into, but he still wanted to know what eevee wanted, he was just clueless as to how to retrieve that information... picture cards? Yes that was an idea, but not now, maybe later when there's less going on. Yuki sat watching the Flygon commotion with great interest as to why the pokémon was being so arogant. I mean it was quite big after all, so if it was angry it would have crushed something by now. No this pokémon was feeling sadness or even jealousy, but what reason would it have to be jealous. Yuki had always wanted to train a flygon after he saw how they looked in an old magazine, he never dreamed of seeing one up close.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar put Flygon's pokeball into her bag, and lifted it onto her shoulders. Espeon lept up into her trainers arms. She looked at the boy with the lime eyes, and smiled slightly. "Yeah, you're right. Thanks for the advice And it's fine, we got the situation worked out," she shrugged then turned to listen to Michael, who had suggested playing games with Flygon to put him at ease. She nodded, then said, "That's a good idea, I've never really thought of that. Flygon never really spent much time out of his pokeball, so maybe he would like to have some fun."
    She blinked. Flygon never really spent much time out of his pokeball...
    "Well, er-" Skylar coughed, then looked away embarrassingly. She'd finally realized how many people were watching, and she didn't particularily like the spotlight. "I-um-I think I'll be going back to my room now, if anybody needs me. If not, I'll see you all later."
    With that, she turned and walked swiftly down the corridor to her room, her face burning red. When she arrived at the door, Skylar stumbled inside, and promptly returned Squirtle and Riolu to their pokeballs, and ran to the bathroom. After locking the door, she stared at herself in the mirror. Her eyes had dark circles underneath them, her hair was messy, and she just looked like an overall...mess. For the first time in a long time, a lump stuck in her throat.
    What if I'm not ready for this...Heck, I couldn't even realize that Flygon was angry at me for not being out of his pokeball enough...I never gave him the attention he deserved. Everyone else here is so much more experienced. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just some poor homeless kid from the streets of Goldenrod...I don't deserve this...This chance should've been given to someone more qualified...
    Thoughts like these kept rambling through Skylar's mind. She sunk to the floor and rubbed her eyes. Espeon put her paws on her trainer's knees and stared into her eyes, and concerned look on her face.
    "Oh Espeon! I'm not ready for this!" she cried, and grabbed her purple Pokemon. She sat on the floor of that bathroom, hugging her first Pokemon, and broke down for the first time since she'd left her home three years ago.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
    Years
    Derek Stonemason - Inside Rocket HQ

Tetra nodded to Snease, and said, A nice name for you. It fits. Anyways, I must be going. Perhaps I shall meet you sometime later. Until then, farewell! She gave a slight nod to the Sneasel, and began walking to where Derek had found a room.

The room was quite nice, not exquisite, but still much more decorative and organized than Derek's own room. The beds were extremely comfortable, and Derek would have fallen asleep right then and there had Tetra not arrived. Derek brushed a bit of hair out of his face, and grinned up at her. He then asked, "What do you think? Pretty nice, right? Of course, we might have to share with someone, but it's not that bad, really." Tetra nodded her consent, and was about to sit down when Derek's stomach rumbled. He looked suprised, and said, "Cripes! I forgot about food!" He then dashed out the doorway, Tetra following at a much slower pace.

The table before him was glorious. Laden with all sorts of food, half of which Derek didn't even know the name of, it stretched around ten feet long. He spotted plates, and went down the line, grabbing a good portion of whatever appealed to his eye. Then, plate covered with food, he found a place to sit, and wet his food down on the table.

Tetra, on the other hand, was much more conservative, only grabbing a salad and a bowl of Clam Chowder. Of course, there was food for Pokemon too, but Tetra had taken quite fondly to the human palette. It was true, her allergies to cashews got in the way, but other than that, human food was quite enjoyable to her.

[Oi, Sheraku. You should have Snease lead Tabris over to meet Derek. I think she's taken quite a liking to Tetra.]

ElBurrito

Years
    The Base - Part 3

Justin finished putting food for himself and the pokemon in his bag, closed it, and threw it over his shoulder. Absol came running up to him. "Find a good spot?" Absol shook his head, then looked over to the room with the battlefield. "Well, not surprising. Wasn't sure there would be a good place to train without being seen, but it was worth a shot." Justin took a bite of an apple he grabbed then tossed it to Absol, who gladly took it. "Alright then, we can do some training on the field."

The two walked over to the entrance of the battle hall and glanced over the field. "Seems a bit plain... but maybe it's one of those changing fields." Justin found a bench and sat down, setting the bag beside him. "Ok, it's been a few days since our last run, what do you say we warm up?" Justin jumped up and stretched his arms and legs. "One lap oughta be good, race ya", Justin took off running, Absol close behind.

Absol sprinted past Justin then lept to the finish, landing next to the bench. "Ok, good warm up" Justin reached into his bag and pulled out two metal bars. "You know the drill." Justin took a few steps back, Absol mimicking it's trainer. "Sol!" Absol's crest began glowing white and it shook it's head, sending bursts of air at it's trainer. Justin quickly blocked them with the metal bars, "C'mon Absol, if you want to win you're gonna need to move faster than that". Absol growled then launched five more bursts of air, Justin blocked the first one, deflected the next two, barely dodged the fourth, then got hit in the chest by the fifth. Justin dropped to one knee holding his chest. Absol ran up and put a paw on Justin. "Good job, you've definitely gotten a lot better." Justin pulled some pokemon food out of his pocket and handed it to Absol.

Years
    Tabris-Dinner Time

Now that the commotion had ended Snease ran along side her trainer and clawed gently at his leg directing her other towards the table filled with food. "Hungry Snease?" Tabris asked looking up to the table, where one boy had filled a bag before heading toward the battle hall. There was also the male trainer and his Gardevoir, and the first boy that Tabris had spoken to on the bus already sitting there getting food for themselves. The girl with the Flygon had already said her temporary goodbyes and headed back to her room.

Snease tugged on Tabris' orange colored shorts once more persisting that they go and join the group. It has been awhile since he had a full on decent meal, knowing that he pressed over to the dinner table, Snease sat across from Tetra, motioned Tabris to sit next to her. Doing so Tabris locked eyes with the boy across from him. "So, it seems as though Snease has been tagging along with your Gardevoir since the bus. Gotta say it's pretty rare for her to open up to any Pokemon especially one of the psychic type." He informed looking over to Tetra, "No offense." he added as he started to fill up a plate of his own.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki

Yuki currently had very mixed emotions, the fact that he was un-noticed, and the fact that he was... un-noticed. He very much preferred not to be noticed but deep inside he desperately wanted to be unique, to stand out of the crowd and be someone different, but he never had the guts, and these next days would probably be his only chance to prove his worth. He wanted to go last in the battle scheme so no-one would know his tactic, but he wasn't too bothered if he went first, they would still be surprised right?

After nibbling on a roll and watching the girl leave he could tell she was going trough some emotional pain. Perhaps she hadn't noticed her Flygon's jealousy, or perhaps she noticed and then got teary about it, either way, for once, Yuki wanted to help, to say something. He could always think of a million things to say in situations like these, but not once had he ever said anything. If there's any time to lose his dignity, it's now, in a small private area where no word of this event will be spread if something went wrong. He stood up and tapped Ampharos on the shoulder then gazed into it's eyes. It nodded back, knowing it's responsibility and gathered Riolu and Eevee and started to head in the direction Yuki was heading in. They all passed the several trainers at the buffet and the ones a little bit off centre just standing there talking and heading into the battle hall, were he ignored the boy training is absol there. He then realised perhaps now was a good time to train too, but first...

As Ampharos led the other two into Yuki's room, Yuki trotted down the coridoor. The doors were all previously closed, and not all the trainers had a room yet, so I guess one of the ones with an open door... Yuki spotted a door wide open and stood outside the door.

"Er hello?" He called there was no answer, but there was a faint noise of, crying. Yuki entered the room and slightly closed the door. He walked up to the door that lead to the bathroom which he'd failed to notice in his room, and knocked on the door.

"Erm, sorry to er, intrude on you like this... miss... but... erm, you seem a bit, well upset. I just wanted to see, if erm, you were, a-alright?" he almost wished that the words came out quicker and more fluently, but he was so nervous. he hadn't talked like that to anyone before and felt like he had just been shot by lightning, but he felt proud that he'd done it, that hopefully his words might make her feel, not alone?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Michael Sheranto- Helping out
    Michael watched as the girl ran off into his and her room in such a sad way. Michael felt sorry for her and decided to go talk to her. He ran in the main room and said "Hello? Skylar? It is me Michael please talk." Michael walked into the bathroom to see the girl sobbing while holding her Espeon. "Skylar, don't worry, I will help you out with your pokemon as they are really cool." Michael said in a comforting voice "You and your Flygon was like me and my Kingdra. They have a mind for their own and they need to trust. That is what all dragon pokemon are like. Look, I will help you because you will do well but need a bit more play time and then you will win. Please Come out." Michael watched as the girl sobbed. He then realised another person was there too trying to talk so he waited for her answers.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar looked up as the two entered the bathroom, and stood up quickly, rubbing her puffy red eyes. She cleared her throat, and listened to what each of them had to say. "Guys, it's fine. I'm okay," she gave them a halfhearted smile. "I just...I don't know if I'm ready for this yet, you know? If I can't even get my Flygon to trust me...I don't know." Her words were becoming a jumbled mess. She took a deep breath. "Don't worry about me. We all need to focus on the future ahead of us." She looked over at Michael. "I'll take your advice and give more attention to Flygon, thanks."
    She bit her lip, and attempted to change the subject. "So, er..." her face turned bright red, "If you guys wouldn't mind...I uh...was gonna get ready so we could go eat?"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki

Yuki stared at the boy who had ignorantly barged in to check if the girl was alright. It was the same annoying boy again... Yuki was going to have some fun with this guy in battle, if he even makes it. Yuki was laughing in is mind at his comment. He took a step back and was slightly embarrassed, was she asking him to dinner? No, she was asking two boys to dinner, more of a friendly compromise than anything close to romance. Yuki didn't really want to go, with his mother being around and all, she'd probably think it wasn't him at a table with a girl and a boy, making friends... Yuki sighed lightly and tried making it unnoticeable with a slight breath through the nose. Making friends...

Yuki felt like he had gotten himself into this question so he'd have to accept. Who declines a crying girls plea for company in her time of need. Saying that almost sounded like some stupid fairytale to Yuki. Once he had figured out the consequences of his actions for both scenarios he responded with something he wished he hadn't said.

"Sure, whatever!" Why did he say 'whatever?' although his voice sounded as cheery as he could make it he was still self cautious over if she would hate him for saying that, or wouldn't notice. He hoped for the second idea. He didn't want to answer back and plea for her to reconsider his answer and say sorry for saying that and make himself look weak. He tried to forgot and hoped it didn't sound rude to the girl that is too focused on the replies of the two strangers to hopefully not notice small remarks, or hopefully she's clever enough to know what he meant... Oh for love of Arceus!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Michael Sheranto- Dinner?
    The guy he saw was the guy that he wanted to talk to but he shuffled off. Michael despised that guy because he knew what he was thinking 'That guy will, if he battles me lose because my pokemon trust me.' Michael thought. "So, er..." she looked rather bright red, "If you guys wouldn't mind...I uh...was gonna get ready so we could go eat?" Michael thought for a while 'Wow, she wants to make friends with us alright. Well, as she is my roommate i think we should have a friendly talk at dinner.' The guy then said "Sure, whatever!" The guy then looked a bit stupid for saying whatever as it does sound a bit rude. Michael then said "Sure, it will be good for all of us. We can relax and actually have something to eat. I am quite hungry so maybe i will meet you there... yeah i will see you there." Michael walked out of his room and went through the corridor leading to all the food, Michael was quite satisfied.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar's nervousness melted away as they both agreed. She took no note of Yuki's 'sure, whatever,' and instead just turned around and closed the bathroom door. After returning Espeon to her pokeball, she began running hot water in the shower to clean the tangled mess that was her hair. Fancy shampoo and conditioner bottles lined the walls of the bath. She picked out a pair of matching scents - they smelled like strawberry, her favorite! - and began working through her knotty hair. Once the tangles were gone and a brush could be pulled through without hitting a knot, Skylar turned on the blowdryer and got to work.
    It didn't take long to dry; her hair wasn't that thick initially. But she smiled as she pulled her fingers through it; for once it was actually soft and clean, and the blow drying did add some volume. So now, it fell naturally in lose waves down her back.
    Next, Skylar had noticed a bag on the counter. She unzipped it carefully, unsure of the contents. Is that...Makeup? she thought curiously. Sure enough, the bag contained all the beauty products a girl could dream of. There was mascara, eye liner, eye shadow, concealer, foundation, blush, lipstick, lip gloss...Skylar was mesmerized. She'd never really worn makeup before, but what was the harm in trying it out today? She picked out a sparkly peach eyeshadow, and applied it to her eyelids. Next, she fished out a black eyeliner, and carefully drew a line above her lashes that thickened as it swept toward the outside of her eyes. She topped off the look with mascara on her lashes, lip gloss on her lips, and a bit of concealer to cover any blemishes, then inspected herself in the mirror.
    Skylar stared at herself in disbelief. She looked like a completely different person, not the ratty homeless girl she used to know. Now she seemed...elegant. Like she had a place in society. And she liked it.
    Skylar pulled off her oversized red sweatshirt and replaced it with a tighter-fitting white sweater, then swapped her black shorts for black leggings. She'd taken both of these from the department store back in Goldenrod just in case she needed to actually look good for something. It was a joke at first...But hey, they actually came in handy, Skylar thought with a smirk. She pulled her bag onto her back and pulled the door open with a flourish of confidence. "Okay...One final 'accessory'," she murmured, and pulled out a pokeball. "C'mon out, Flygon!" she called, and the dragon-type popped out next to her. "Ready to eat?" she grinned at him. Flygon stared at his trainer in disbelief, then noted that he was the only Pokemon with her, even Espeon was in her pokeball. His face lit up. "Flygon, Fly!" he answered in agreement, and the two made their way to the main room.

ElBurrito

Years
    The Base - Part 4

Justin got up off the ground and walked over to the bench. He sat down, grabbed his pokeballs, and released the rest of his pokemon. "Eat up guys" He said as he reached into his bag and tossed food to the pokemon. "Ok guys, we have a big day tomorrow" Justin took a bite of a sandwich, "Our first battle is coming up, we need to be ready. Absol, I want you to attack Spoink who will do his best to dodge your attacks. Haunter, launch shadow balls into the air, I want Marowak to destroy them with his bonemerang." The pokemon nodded then went back to eating. Justin looked out the door and saw three trainers and a flygon at a table. Is it really a good idea to be making friends with the people that you'll most likely be sending home, while you move on to a better life? Justin thought as he finished eating.

"Ok, you start training, I'll be back". Justin got up and left the battle hall as his pokemon began training again. He walked into his room and looked around. "Where did I put it.... aha!" He pulled a notebook and a pencil out from under a pillow. "Don't know why I took this out of my bag." He walked back to the battle hall while looking at the notebook.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar watched Justin holding something that looked vaguely like a notebook as he walked back to the Battle Hall. She frowned slightly. There's such a distinction of trainers here... I don't know why some of them won't just loosen up. Sure, we're here to battle, but what's wrong with making friends? Flygon seemed to be watching the other trainer too. "Say Flygon, how about we go train after we eat?" Skylar looked up at her Pokemon. "We need to work on your accuracy. You're speedy, but how many of your moves are gonna hit with you moving that fast?"
    Flygon narrowed his eyes and nodded in agreement. The pair walked up to the table that the boys were at. "Hey guys," Skylar grinned, "I'd like to formally introduce you to Flygon."
    "Gon! Gon!" the said Pokemon smiled. He seemed much happier now that Skylar was giving him attention, and he held back his aftermath of bitter feelings as his trainer promised some one-on-one training.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki

Yuki and co (pokémon) gathered in the main room and sat at a round table. Michael had obviously came first, and then Yuki and his pokémon. Yuki felt a bit more confident with Ampharos around, as if he could tell it something or share his secrets with it, which he knew was stupid since pokémon can't talk anyways, but Ampharos was learning... slowly.

Truth is, Ampharos had been learning to talk a whole year, and only got the hang of pronouncing sylables nearer the end due to his differently shaped tongue. Yuki had to learn about Ampharos's tongue in order to teach it the actions necessary to perform these vowels, but it took some time...
    Eevee jumped onto Yuki's lap, and Riolu sat on it's own chair whilst Ampharos sat on the floor in between Riolu and Yuki. Skylar, at least that's what he thought her name was, entered the room with quite a bit of glamour. Before she looked kind of scruffy, almost homeless, but he would never say that out loud, but she had definitely made an effort to impress. Yuki didn't speak a word to Michael, there was too much tension between the two that Yuki couldn't even be bothered to argue with him, not with Skylar needing some company. Yuki thought about that for a bit.

It was a friday evening one night, Yuki's mother and father were divorced back then, but had a good friend that enjoyed meeting them both, and was unaware of the breakup, yet both my mother and my father went and didn't want to ruin the night so they acted like a married couple to impress and realized that they were still in love, and re-married. Obviously him and Michael were probably never going to become married or even friends, but that fact that he had to pretend brought a slight shiver down his spine, but if his mum could do it so could he... No he couldn't, Yuki had never even had any friends, he didn't have any idea how to treat them, how close they were, what they were supposed to do for one another. This was all one big crazy get-up, a stupid idea, why did he ever get himself into this...

As Yuki was having doubts, a friendly face popped up with pink hair. It was a young girl, about the same age as Yuki, perhaps older who hovered over to the table.

"Hello, my name's Whitney, and I'm the gym leader of Goldenrod city!" Se said in a cheery voice.

Yuki had to reply before anyone else, he didn't want any more fuss.

"We, are, um, having dinner, please excuse us." Yuki looked down knowing that someone was going to interveen and welcome her to the table, making Yuki sound more ignorant than he already sounded. He hated being shy for some reason, and he looked up to those people who were unique and different, and wished he had the guts to do something different. He thought about this again before quickly shaking his head once and looking up.

"I-I'm sorry, you, I, just, erm."

"So that's a yes then! Yeay! Partaaay!" She sat down and swiveld on her seat. Wait these chairs were swively? Since when? And since when was swively a word. Riolu wich was next to Yuki done a quick facepalm, resulting in force palm, yet he didn't even care. It looked like it hurt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back