• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - The league stands strong IC (M)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar looked down at the card in her hands, a faint smile on her lips. "My grandma said to show any of the workers this card, and my wish was their command," she paused and brushed a piece of hair behind her ear, "So I'm assuming I can get others in too. Grandpa was very good friends with the resort's owner, so we often had dinner with him. He was quite fond of me actually." She bit her lip. Was she actually...missing how things used to be? No. she thought stubbornly. I'll never go back to that kind of life. It's not worth it. I'm only going to the resort to investigate. Nothing more.
    She sighed, cleared her throat, and looked up. "So my answer is yes. I can get multiple people in."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki sat emotionless facing towards olivine and only cuaght a slight glimpse of the card Skylar held. It was one that allowed her to gain entry to the resort. Hmph. e discovered that her grandparents had given it by listening in on Skylars conversation with Tabris. Might be good. A few wingull swarmed around, surprise to see many nowadays; wild pokémon are so rare now.
    She can get multiple people in eh? Perhaps a nice resort will be just what he needed... But he didn't have any money... Perhaps he should ring his dad, ask him to put some in his account. Yeah that would be good. He pulled out his pokégear and found his dad's contact details. he pressed the button to call and put the pone to his ear. He knew the two were behind him; he couldn't be bothered to move. Beep.

"Hi dad, it's me Yuki."
    "Yuki ah good to speak to you, how's it going, you winning." The cheeriness in his voice was something extraordinary, but of course he hadn't heard the bad news.
    "No haven't started yet, haha."
    "Well what ya waiting for?"
    "Well I need to ask for some money put into my account."
    "Why? What about your mother?"
    "because you've got my money at home"
    "That's for an emergency though"
    "This is an emergency, I..." Yuki almost snapped at him.
    "O-right, what's going on, please explain."
    Explain how?
    "Mum has lost her card and wants me to ask you to put that money on my account so she can take it out for us, and she's gonna pay me back when we return home."
    "Can I speak to your mum about this?"
    "No, she's at the.... massage parlor? Wouldn't want to disturb her. You trust me though don't you, I'm not lying."
    "Fine, I'll transfer the money, see ya." Stupid stupid stupid. I'm not lying, what kind of ending was that, now he's gonna be more angry when Yuki returned. The thought actually scared Yuki. he had seen his dad drunk before, and anger is no different, he guessed... Hm... Well that was embarrassing.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar heard Yuki on the phone with his father, and was curious about the conversation. She knew eavesdropping was wrong, but decided to listen in anyways. They were arguing about putting money in Yuki's account. Skylar felt a bitter taste creep into her mouth. Money could be tossed around so easily for some people...
    Stop. The thought boomed in her mind. She almost flinched. Yuki isn't like the stuck-up rich folk you remember. Besides, if you were really that jealous, I'm sure Grandma would take you back in. She was right. Jealousy was piercing her heart every time money was brought up. But none of the trainers here abused it like the wealthy society she used to live in.
    Skylar mentally sighed and listened to Yuki once more. He was speaking of...His mother? She swallowed hard, then pretended to pet Espeon's ears as her face turned pink. Why was he speaking of his mother like she was still alive? Surely he would've told his father of her death? Why wouldn't he? The thoughts raced through her mind.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Michael Sheranto- Olivine City
    Michael watched as everyone had chats and then all walked off into the abyss. Michael turned around to see a guard talk to the guy with an absol. He seemed pretty worried his abosol will be taken a way so he sees him talk in a different accent to trick the stupid guard. Looking around Michael spotted a guard who seems familiar... it is him. It was the guard at Olivine with the patrol herdier.The guy spots him and starts running, pumping up Michael's heart to max. Michael sprints through the cornfields with loads of plants hitting him but it wasn't enough to keep away from him. Racing for his life Michael thinks Oh god, OH god OH GOD! He passes Skylar and Yuki, who seems to be on his phone and jumps a metal fence. The guard didn't give up and was quite persistent but Michael knew he couldn't freerun. Michael finally got to a fence which blocked of a deep part and Michael jumped it without realising. He was falling really fast when he tried to forward roll the fall which made his shoulder really hurt. The adrenaline inside of him caused him to then run off and hide under the bridge.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar whipped around toward the cornfields as she heard two bodies crashing through the stalks. What the...? Her thought was cut short as she saw Michael tumbling in the corn while being chased by a Proven guard. She slapped her forehead at the trainer's stupidity. He was going to get them all caught! Espeon was quickly scooped up and tucked away into her trainer's backpack, as not to be seen by the officer. But he didn't seem to be paying any attention to them as he stumbled after Michael. Skylar breathed a sigh of relief, and Espeon's head popped out. The little purple Pokemon had an irritated look on her face. "Sorry," Skylar gave Espeon a sheepish smile and rubbed her head, careful of the red orb. She turned to look for the guard and Michael.
    The pair was lost in the cornfields. Their only trace was a few leaves still swaying from the collision with the trainer and officer's bodies. She wondered what had become of Michael. Had he been caught? If he did, he could give us away! Skylar groaned and looked at the others. "Should we follow them?" she asked, her voice dark. She didn't really want to chase down the two of them in fear of being caught herself. Besides, they had more important things they should be doing.

Years
    Tabris-Outskirts of Olivine Part 4 (The Chase)

Witnessing Michael race by Tabris flinched his hand instinctively hovering over his pouch. A Proven guard was hot on his trail, but didn't quite seem able to keep up. He watched the pair disappear out toward the town. Tabris listened to Skylar's question, "Should we follow them?" the tone in her voice gave her ansewer away. Tabris grunted, "Damn it!" he cursed, "Well I know where you two will be heading. the Resort, right?" looking at his sister then to Skylar. "If you would take Tsuya with you I'll chase 'em down. Our numbers are too small as is to let one of us get caught." He spoke with determination.

Not waiting for an ansewer, Tabris bolted the direction that Michael had headed. "Snease, C'mon!" He called back as the dark weasle raced quickly to catch up to her trainer. Scaling the metal fence as Michael had done the two rushed down the hill that led into Olivine. Tabris and Snease came to another fence that blocked a drop off. The Guard could be seen crawling over it cautiously to avoid falling. Tabris looked around. 'I don't see Micheal.' He noted standing up in the open so the Guard could see him.

"Hey! What you in such a hurry for?!" Tabris called out to the guard in hopes that his attention would be drawn to him rather than his hunt for Michael. Snease climbed quickly up on to her trainer's shoulder and commented her own. 'Dumb idea there, but this guy definately doesn't stand a chance....hopefully.' Tabris monologued waiting at the ready for whatever the guard may choose to do.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "Um, okay, we'll do that..." Skylar's words trailed off as Tabris turned and ran after the guard and Michael. His footsteps slowly faded into the field. Michael's putting us all in danger. I swear, if Tabris get hurt because of this... Her fists clenched. Nobody deserved to get hurt, or worse caught, because of another trainer's foolish actions. Deep down she really did hope that Michael was okay, but at the moment all she felt was frustration towards him.
    Skylar sighed, trying to calm down a bit. Espeon climbed onto her trainer's shoulder and nudged her cheek. She looked at the purple Pokemon questioningly, and she saw that concern was flashing in her big eyes. "Espeon," Skylar murmured, "It's okay. I'm okay. You're okay. We're all okay." Except possibly Michael and Tabris. She forced herself not to cringe, and turned to Tsuya. "I guess that means we're going to the resort," her stomach churned, and she flashed a half-hearted smile, "C'mon. We'll get a fancy room, and go to a nice dinner. They even have a beach nearby. You'll see, it'll be fun." Skylar seemed to be reassuring herself more that Tsuya, but hoped nobody else noticed. She directed her attention to Yuki. "So, should we wait for everyone else, or just head out?"

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki shrugged his shoulders. He didn't really care much as he slid his phone back into the bag. "Guess we do considering Michael's now gone and put us all in danger." He lay on his back, his head rested against is arms. Yet again that kid made Yuki angry every time he saw him, but at the end of the day he was a kid, and perhaps a little immature. He knew moving down that way would probably just get them caught, what's more suspicious than a group of 'travellers' going to olivine. Well to be honest nothing, because no one should make assumptions like that, but the idea of their persona was something Yuki worried about. What if word got out that several people were suspiciously moving from through a cornfield on pokémon then getting on a boat, the resort owners would flip, and probably not let them in. They had to be careful as to how they went about this. Another thing was neccesary too... A change of clothing...

"When we get to ilvine can we check out the market? I need new clothes." He oped e didn't sound too, what's the word, aragant, ranting on about clothes when his clothes seemed well and good, but he was quite sweaty, and the clothes were clingy and uncomfortable, which was un-noticeable from the outside. How much money had dad put on anyways? He rummaged his backpack again to pull out his pokégear, again. He flipped it open and checked his balance. He didn't really care if Skylar looked over his shoulder's it was only money, after all, surely she could afford anything, with her amazing dresses and her rich grandparents... Yuki was kinda jealous.

£500! ($743.65) Wow, was that seriously all Yuki had saved over the past 10 years? It was a lot more tan he had expected. That's £100 a year, and he usually only ever got money on special occasions, mainly his birthday. He could afford to waste at most £50, didn't want to go to over, or he'd have noting left if he's ever in a pickle. He shut is pokégear and slid it back in his bag. "I guess I shouldn't call it a pokégear anymore should I," Yuki said to himself, obviously Skylar could probably hear. "What do you think, they call it the 'phone' but we got plenty of them already, I say the 'Multi task not for girls tool,'" He laughed at his own joke, only a little, in hope that Skylar would join in and not take offence.

Years
    Tabris-Outskirts of Olivine Part 5

Holding his ground Tabris glared at the guard who was still quite aways ahead of him. However if Tabris couldn't see Micheal then niether could the guard. Turning just for a second to look over his shoulder, 'Maybe he weaved through the cornfields and lost him?' He questioned putting his gaze back onto the guard. Snease hissed and extended her claws in a 'bring it on' motion.

Tsuya frowned as her brother vanished from sight. She heard Skylar speak, trying to reassure the group. Yuki shrugged at the question of waiting for everyone else. He then managed to change the subject from buying new cloths to the title of the Pokegear being unfitting, and added in a couple jokes to himself reguarding the subject as well. Tsuya's frown deepened and her eyes narrowed slightly. 'I don't get this guy...he seems to be completely different than the boy who sat across from us on the bus.' Tsuya thought, not having been there to see the event involving Yuki's mother unfold.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "Yeah, going to the market sounds like a good idea," Skylar nodded, and looked down at her clothes. She'd changed back into her usual sweatshirt and shorts, but her beanie was stuffed away into her backpack. It was way too hot for headgear. I wonder how I'll get new clothes though... she thought, frowning slightly. All of my money is saved for food... She shook the thought away. Perhaps she could take something, or haggle away some of her belongings. It didn't really matter at the moment.
    She didn't bother looking at how much money Yuki had. She didn't really want to know. It would only make her judge him, and she didn't want that. Money doesn't define who a person is. No need to be sterotypical. Her mind wandered yet again. She snapped back to reality as she heard Yuki crack some joke. She smirked and pushed him jokingly. "What, you think I'm not smart enough to work a pokegear? I bet I'm ten times smarter than you!" That was obviously a lie, but she stuck out her tounge at him anyways and began trekking down the hill. She crossed her arms and put a fake pout on her lips, hoping that Yuki knew she was joking.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki laughed and got up too, and started to walk int eh same direction as Skylar, glad she took it as a joke. He was finding it quite easy to get on with her. He cracked a smile and patted her on the back.

"Aw cheer up, I'm sure one day girls will be bale to multitask, actually to be honest I can't either." He chuckled slightly and the two started walking slowly down the hill to the city. Ampharos, eevee, riolu and gallade closely followed. Yuki hadn't been able to test out his gallade's strength yet, and very much wanted to try.

"Hey as soon as we find a quiet place, let's battle."

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Regrouping

As Tauros approached the lighthouse Justin made him stop. "Alright, looks like most of the group is there, you can walk over if you want Tauros." Tauros huffed in approval and walked at a decent pace towards the group of trainers. Halfway there he noticed someone run into the cornfield, followed by a Guard, then another person follow them "Hm, I wonder what's going on.". Tauros stopped a few feet infront of Yuki and Skylar and Justin hopped off. "Howdy ya'll" He said as he landed on the ground and took off his cowboy hat. "So uh, what's going on now?"

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar snorted, and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "And I'm sure that once they learn, girls will be able to multi-task better than any silly little boy," she smirked at him, then quickly checked to make sure Tsyua was following. She turned back to Yuki as he asked about a battle. A grin worked its way to her lips. "I've been wanted to battle ever since I got here!" she threw her arms up in mock frustration, then laughed. "But sure. Of course I'll battle you."
    Suddenly, a boy on his Tauros walked up to them. "Justin?" she bit back an outburst of laughter. "You look...Different." She examined his cowboy getup as he asked what was happening. "Well, you see," Skylar began, "Michael got some guard to chase him, why I don't know, and Tabris ran after to make sure he was okay. We were headed to the marketplace to get some new clothes, then we were going to make our way to the resort. You're welcome to come with us."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Uh, what a showoff. The 'cowboy' was Justin and he was on a tauros looking, well, weird. Yuki didn't say anything, and tried to stay out of the conversation. He had nothing to say to this Justin person, as he didn't know him, or look up to him. In a sense, his first impressions were those a bit like those towards Michael, immature, however he definately had a sense of humor, which Skylar seemed to apreciate. Yuki started to think about his attitude, was he too subtle? Perhaps he needed to be unique? No that would just embarrass him. Whatever, his own personality will do, and prevent him from being 'fake.' Perhaps his current personality was unique in its own way. Then there were three (people)

Years
    Tsuya-Tag Along

Waiting for the two older kids, to walk a decent ways ahead of her Tsuya slowly followed. She could see the two laughing and joking with eachother. Skylar glanced back once to make sure that Tsuya was indeed following them. As the group neared the famed lighthouse a boy riding on a Tauros lept down to greet them, he spoke in a funny voice at first. Tsuya could recognize him as one of their group, she didn't think that she caught his name though. This was quickly remedied by Skylar who announced in question form that the boy's name was Justin. Tsuya cast her eyes to the ground as she stopped still a couple paces behind the group. She was doing well at remaining sileant and out of the way. However she couldn't help feel more like a burden than part of the team, which she kinda was being that she wasn't a trainer. The thoughts that cut herself down continued as she kicked at the road under her feet.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    Skylar looked back at Tsyua once again, and frowned. She felt guilty for leaving the little girl behind, but she wasn't sure about what to say to her. Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind. "Hey Tsyua!" she called, "I have an important job for you!" She picked Espeon up off of her shoulders, and handed her down to the young girl. "Since you and Espeon are such good friends, how would you like to take care of her on the way to the marketplace?"
    Espeon looked up at her trainer, confused. She didn't need any taking care of! But a hard look from Skylar warned her not to complain. Instead, she smiled at Tsyua and licked her nose. "Eon! Espi!"

Years
    Tsuya-Tag Along Part 2

Lifting her head upon hearing her name Tsuya looked at Skylar who offered her the job of watching Espeon. Being handed the Pokemon, a small smile appeared over Tsuya's face that soon became a verbal giggle as the purple Pokemon licked the tip of her button nose. Tsuya kind of had a feeling that Skylar was just trying to be nice, but didn't say anything about it. Instead she nodded and stabbled the Pokemon properly in her arms. So ratehr than holding her uncomfortably under the shoulders, the Espeon was adjusted to be in the same possition that one whould hold a cat. "Esp." She replied in a tone that was far less enthusiastic as she had done before. She patted Espeon, to let the Pokemon it wasn't her, that she was troubled with. Tsuya was sure being a psychic type, the Espeon would understand.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Regrouping - Part 2

"So that's who I saw" Justin turned around and took the pokeballs form his backpack and put them back in his pocket. He noticed Skylar was trying not to laugh at him as she saw his outfit, "Yeah... I had to take the long way here. Found this Tauros that made the trip faster, but I wasn't sure what to do with him once I got here, so I figured looking like a rancher or something might help me not look suspicious." He adjusted the rope tied around Tauros, marketplace.... maybe I could find some stuff to fix up that old pokeball I found years ago...., he thought as he finished retying the rope. "Marketplace then the resort, sounds like a good plan." He turned to Yuki, "Yuki right?" He held out his hand, "I'm Justin."

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Yuki hadn't been paying attention to what conversations had been going on, and was slightly iritated about the sudden stop. Justin had held out his hand. Yuki looked him dead in the eye with a stern look, his arms folded. He sighed and unfolded his arms and gingerly shook Justin's hand. "Yes it's Yuki..."

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2017
    "Peon. Espi." Espeon nuzzled her head against Tsuya. She could tell that the girl was feeling left out. The little purple Pokemon gave the girl a reassuring look as if to say: 'Don't worry! I'm here for you!'

Skylar smirked at Justin. "Oh no, it looks good. You don't need a change of clothes from the marketplace if you already look that great!" She noticed Yuki was slightly tense as Justin introduced himself to him. She wondered what was on his mind. He's so complex. The second you think you know him...He changes again. Skylar found herself wondering about Yuki a lot. There was just something about him...Something mysterious. She didn't know.
    "Well, we should get a move on right?" she grinned after the awkward introduction, hoping to relieve some of the tension.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back