• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Ok...I know there isn't not going to be a demo/beta, but why not instead release the game in parts. Like when you finish the first region you release that as, part one of "Pokemon Lost World'. Then the same for the next region.... but as a patch to add to part one.
Well that is how I see how it should be, instead of no demo/betas.

Parts!??? Umm, well, if you think about it, there is no difference in sending it out in parts and making demo/betas. They are both essentially the same thing. And even if I did, it would still pressure me, ruining quality, and making this game horrible.

I will say this though. I have decided, fully, that I will not send out any beta, or demo. There will be nothing like that, when the game is released, it will be finished. No buts, or, anything, and if some of you are thinking of trying to persuade me otherwise, well don't even try. And thats that.

Johny_Hungry

Drunkin Poke Loser
Years
How far are you in the creation/production of the game. What region have you reached recently gotten done. I have questions referring to your custom moves and custom balls... what are they, what do they do, if you don't mind releasing that kinda information?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've had people wanting me to put that in my game too, but I had to refuse. Why?

Because (in my opinion anyway), having one Pokémon being able to learn 8 moves would screw up competitive battling. You wouldn't have to choose your moveset carefully, since you could use all the moves you wanted. For example, a Gengar with HP Ice, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Explosion, Mean Look, Will-o-Wisp, Hypnosis, and Focus Blast would be virtually uncounterable, by crippling one Pokémon with Hypnosis, any physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp, KOing most Pokémon with its 4 special attacks, and KOing Blissey and friends with Explosion. As well as being able to trap anything it wants to with Mean Look.
Normally, I'd usually have to take a pick of 4 out of those, sacrificing, for example, type coverage for status. But with this, it means I don't have to get rid of anything, making the Pokémon with awesome movepools stand out even more over more predictable Pokémon like Yanmega.

Unless you plan on completely changing the battle system, I don't think it's a good idea.

Captain Arcane

Years
I've had people wanting me to put that in my game too, but I had to refuse. Why?

Because (in my opinion anyway), having one Pokémon being able to learn 8 moves would screw up competitive battling. You wouldn't have to choose your moveset carefully, since you could use all the moves you wanted. For example, a Gengar with HP Ice, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Explosion, Mean Look, Will-o-Wisp, Hypnosis, and Focus Blast would be virtually uncounterable, by crippling one Pokémon with Hypnosis, any physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp, KOing most Pokémon with its 4 special attacks, and KOing Blissey and friends with Explosion. As well as being able to trap anything it wants to with Mean Look.
Normally, I'd usually have to take a pick of 4 out of those, sacrificing, for example, type coverage for status. But with this, it means I don't have to get rid of anything, making the Pokémon with awesome movepools stand out even more over more predictable Pokémon like Yanmega.

Unless you plan on completely changing the battle system, I don't think it's a good idea.

Yes, see exactly!? But when it comes to customizing your pokemon, 4 moves are simply not enough. Your restricted to much. So thats why its taken me so long to come up with this system. I was on the verge of not even including this, but at the last minute, the light bulb finally turned on. But again, there was to much restriction, and thats why I created the maturity system.

Listen, in the anime, when there would be a pokemon battle, and one of the trainers would send out an extremely strong pokemon, you would know that its a strong pokemon just by looking at it. And then, when the trainer with the weak pokemon thought that he/she was about to win the battle, the other trainer would surprise him/her with a move that they kept secret, completely turning the tables, resulting in a much more exciting battle.

With this system, I feel that it correctly balances the battling system, and also makes battling more fun, by introducing even more anticipation (when there was about 0), and enabling more customizable pokemon.

Now, yes, Pokemon battling will become extremely harder when your pokemon start fighting other pokemon that can learn 6 or 8 moves. Yes, there could be a Gengar with all those moves, but then there could also be a Tyranitar with even better moves. And also, all pokemon have stat bases, meaning, some pokemon will have better hp, or attack than others. So yes, it may seem dramatically more harder, but it actually isn't. This really levels out to be a really balanced system.

Also, many many pokemon fans hate battling in the game, why because its almost "boring". Why is it almost "boring", because theres to much restriction. So, by creating this, people will enjoy battling even more. The feel of unknowing, and anticipation in a pokemon battle will be immense, and this system will truly test whether or not if you are a good pokemon battler. This will test if you are a fully prepared trainer in any situation.

And finally, thank you!? You asked and stated your argument extremely well, and I have really enjoying posting this, so props to you man. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I believe it will have an online feature, and allow players to trade with each other?

Captain Arcane

Years
I believe it will have an online feature, and allow players to trade with each other?

Yes and also, you are able to have more than one playing file. So, you will be able to trade with any existing file you have. But, like all pokemon games, you have to reach a certain point in the game to do that, otherwise, the game play would be ruined.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
this sounds really awsome captain,
but i've got a quetion too:

how far you think you are in creating this game ? (in % plz)

and there's another thing:
Yes and also, you are able to have more than one playing file. So, you will be able to trade with any existing file you have. But, like all pokemon games, you have to reach a certain point in the game to do that, otherwise, the game play would be ruined.

so you are able to create more than one save file?
this looks cool.

and i've read that it would be possible to have 8 moves (at lv90) ?
this is even better, this looks just like the anime:
bigger cities, more movesets, larger maps.

you've really outdone yourself Captain lol.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
2 quick things
1. will there be a way to get moves back when you upgrade the number of moves, just like the guy you give the heart scales to?
2. if we find bugs in the final product, will you release a patch to take care of the bug? like most games do now

Captain Arcane

Years
2 quick things
1. will there be a way to get moves back when you upgrade the number of moves, just like the guy you give the heart scales to?
2. if we find bugs in the final product, will you release a patch to take care of the bug? like most games do now

Well, see when your pokemon reach the point where they can learn more moves, all it does is add two more spaces to it. It doesn't reset anything, but two answer that other question, yes, there will be a move tutor.

Yes, I will release patches, but I will try my hardest to discover them before the final release.

Oh, and Toph, you wanted me to post how much percent that has been completed. And to tell the truth, I don't know. I usually try to get work done all the time ( whenever im around my computer), and plus seeing how big this game is, (seriously, if all the routes and towns/cities are gonna be this big, then I have a lot to go). So, at this point, I don't know where to place myself percent wise. Though, when the time comes where I think I can accurately calculate my position, I will post it on the front page.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
Oh, and Toph, you wanted me to post how much percent that has been completed. And to tell the truth, I don't know. I usually try to get work done all the time ( whenever im around my computer), and plus seeing how big this game is, (seriously, if all the routes and towns/cities are gonna be this big, then I have a lot to go). So, at this point, I don't know where to place myself percent wise. Though, when the time comes where I think I can accurately calculate my position, I will post it on the front page.

O, well good luck on the game Captain!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
man i cant wait to play this can u give a very rough guess on how much longer it will take eg 2 months? 6 months?

Patjuh09

Total Drama Island Redux!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Please, do normal. This game comes out in (i think) about 5 years. And i think thats even way too early. If captain will do it that fast, it wouldn't be a good game. It will be a awful game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
Five.. YEARS?!? Wow. That's some game you've got there Arcane.

I'm happy to hear that you can trade to yourself. That solves one of my problems. And now your allowing larger movesets! Great! And now that your thinking of adding some extra towns! Perfect!

I had another idea for the Lost World, one that gave Teleport a use! (It's a miracle!) What happens is that Teleport is now a HM, and now would raise Evasion in battle, and act as a sort of anti-Mind Reader/Lock On. (But only for the turn it would be used on.) Now to the part which really matter on any HM: (With the possible exceptions of Waterfall and Fly. In my opinion at least.) You go to this statue, and use Teleport. Then you would be transported into another place. It could be anyway, an isolated cave, a place under the ocean, which you cannot get to with Dive, or, my personal favourite, back into the past or future.

Another idea I had with HMs was to be able to improve them with time, so you could Cut down bigger trees, Dive deeper, Surf in rougher seas, Smash and lift bigger rocks, Fly to further places, Teleport with more statues and more!

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
i really doubt it will take five years ... really, a year at the most, even with him not rushing it. five years is a BIT much

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
True. With the speed that Arcane's going at, I'd say he would be done by the end of November. Hopefully.

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
you have to consider many things when "making" up possible completion dates. School (assuming he goes to school), social life, holidays, time away from game making, etc etc. You cannot actually even try to come up with a possible completion date because it is just to much, extrapolation(?) lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Just a small music update, I finished the ending credits music ( to soon? Lol ) and now I'm working on Pallet Town.

shadowking93

UnStupid
Years
i made a list of what should be in a pokemon game, you hit them all. and besides, five years is way to long. a real pokemon game usually takes a couple of months. can't wait till thiss comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back