• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panda Face

Pokemon Ultra Snowy White
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    I wonder if you will add Pokemon from Alola?
    No, the author will not renew it anymore, except for fix the bug. In Gen7, the National Pokedex has been cancelled, so expand 411 Pokedex is not necessary, this is what I am thinking. If you want to play gen 7 Pokemon, please check the link of my signature, it has sun and moon legendary, partial of alola form, if you can understand the Chinese or use text master to translate it into English, it will probably an interesting hack. The map is based on California's LA, if you have been to LA before, you can guess what material has been added in it. Although theta emerald ex doesn't have gen 7 Pokemon, it is still a pretty good hack, this hack looks like 3DS Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and the author has spent some time on the battle region, when I go to the Pyramid, I saw some trainers have a Mega Rayquaza, Black and White Kyurem, Giratina new form, I think if the author change the boss's team into legendaries, and limit the player bring the legendaries into battle, it may harder to earn the gold prize, when you use the Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza, you will feel it is quite easy to win.
    Have you ever played Pokemon Ebony Phantom v5.0ex+ The Boundless Chaos? It is also a pretty good game. Nowadays, Ebony Phantom 5.0ex+, Theta Emerald ex and The Strongest Pure White 2.0 are the top of Emerald hack, these hack have added new abilities, new battle items and new moves. These hacks have set the reusable TM, BW poison effect and some features which is beginning from gen 4. EP has concentrate to the stories, Theta EM has concentrate to the system, The Strongest Pure White has concentrate to the generation.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Hi, I've been willing to try out this hack for a while, but I have a few questions:

1. Is this hack completed? (It probably is but just confirming)
    2. I've heard in the original version you can recieve gift mons etc. other starters. Will the gift mons still be there in this hack?

Thanks in advance!

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    Hi, I've been willing to try out this hack for a while, but I have a few questions:

1. Is this hack completed? (It probably is but just confirming)
    2. I've heard in the original version you can recieve gift mons etc. other starters. Will the gift mons still be there in this hack?

Thanks in advance!
    I guess it allmost completed, except for finish all of the animation of some new moves and fix the bugs.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I guess it allmost completed, except for finish all of the animation of some new moves and fix the bugs.

Ok, but will this version also have gift mons you can get during the game like in the previous one? Or like, will it be basically the previous one but with all those inprovements? Again, thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Sorry, I don't think so the author will give you these tools, especially you said you haven't played much of this one, the author may think you are not regard to his much time spent work, I suggest you if you want to ask the technology or something to the author, you should play his hack first, when the author found you pretty like his hack and you played his hack completely, he probably share something to you. If you want to add the Gen VII Pokemon, you can use the 650 Rom base to do that, the author has posted the 650 resource patch before, it has included the related tools.

I don't think it makes sense to force a person to finish a hack before asking something like that lol… wouldn't he wait to play through it until after he made his private changes? (Theoretically)

I don't know why you keep answering for LC, you have no way of knowing what he's thinking, but you keep telling people not to ask for help with AR, or ask for ini files, or suggest features etc like it's against the rules or something. If the creator's got a problem with something he'll be the one to address it

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2022
    So I've beaten the game, noticed several bugs.

Visual bugs occur semi-frequently on the battle screens. I'm guessing that this is related to the new moves/abilities but no way of really checking. They did seem mostly prevalent in the midgame (gyms 2-6) and petered off during the last stretch of the game.

Leftovers is bugged. During the E4 fights, Pokemon who had Leftovers attached to them refused to die to battle damage. Knocking Aegislash out, for example, would constantly bring it back through Leftovers recovery. It's only through status ailements (burn/poison), and I'm assuming other outside sources of damage like confusion and adverse weather that registers a KO. I would post a video link but I don't have enough posts so =/

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    This might sound silly but is there any plans do add the alola pok?mons?
    Theta Emerald EX is LC's last one hack, he will not expand from 721 to 802, and you cannot expand it without get the permission from him. He has sent 650 Resource patch before, you can use that to make your own 802 hack.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • 3/15/2017 UPDATE:
    Going to be doing a livestream sometime tomorrow. It's a HUGE update to Theta Emerald EX. How big? Well:
    Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

That's right, KANTO WILL BE A SECOND REGION. And that is Pallet Town, but using the same block arrangement from FireRed...using Emerald's tileset. So, I will be trying to figure out on ADDING Kanto tilesets into Emerald and NOT replacing Emerald's. Be sure to tune in to this thread for a link to the stream! Cheers ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2019
    did you read the comments on your stream? it seemed like some of those people knew how to help maybe

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    Hi !

I added you on skype (hope you don't mind), because I'm ready to start a Full translation of the game for your French Speaking player.

I hope you are OK, and take contact with me asap, because I really want to do it!

Thanks!

Panda Face

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    That's pretty well, are you planning to add all of six generation's region or just Kanto region? Will the game be called Theta Emerald EX+?

Last edited:
    Back