• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
  • Not sure if this has been covered but just as it was in Theta EX, Theta Renev doesnt patch correctly. It says it patches correctly with Ignore selected but when i load it into VBA it just stays at a white screen. My emerald rom matches the name of the .ups as well so im pretty positive it isnt my rom. Since this keeps happening to me is there anyway someone can give me a pre-patched version of this rom. I really want to play it but im having a very frustrating time being able to. Here's a link to the image i captured of it giving me a white screen when loading the rom.
    https://ibb.co/pzr2z3M

Did you patched with 1986, Trashman rom? If no, patch it with the Trashman rom. Else, download another GBA emulator, likely mGBA; because VBA may be incompatible with decomp Emerald hacks (i.e. almost 99% of the Emerald hacks that are popular today).

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    If anyone is wondering, its extremely hard to get lucky egg. I battled like 60 wild Chansey's until I finally got one with a lucky egg. There's only like two places where Chansey can be found and its only 5-4 percent chance to encounter.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2022
    There were beta tests...EXTENSIVE beta tests. A good portion of bugs were fixed, but there were some I missed. There might be some in this release that I forgot to look at, but it's fine, there's no such thing as a perfect hack.

However, to anyone getting bad eggs, especially to that Fuggle Nugget, Paul4 crap talking this game, none of my beta testers have encounter such a bug. If you have, you must have been cheating. That includes anyone getting a bad egg, you must be using some form of cheating. But, it's fine, all is forgiven :)

THANKSGIVING UPDATE:
    Game has been updated to v2.2, fixed the teleportation glitch where you couldn't go to Valor Cavern, and some ability names were cut off, that has been fixed!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Be prepared for some ULTRA new stuff coming in the future with this game!

It was a good account. What a rotten thing to post.

I hate to inform you but you're wrong.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2022
    Current Issues:
    Flame Burst will softlock double battles. I'm currently contemplating how to get past the battle at the rocket site alongside Steven without triggering a flameburst from the Magma Lampent against Steven's severely underleveled Metang...in the meantime i'm back to having to be tate and eliza again.
    Shedinja tends to cause the AI a lot of issues, I was dissapointed because I was looking forward to cheesing the heck out of watson. It cause error pokemon with missing no's symbol to be swapped in with some trainers, which would swap back out to the normal pokemon that had been out without my turn occuring, forcing me to switch shedinja out. With watson himself, it cause him to do the same thing, but with his miltank, even swapping the miltank for itself, and swapping it in even when it was fainted.
    Double Mega evolutions are allowed for some reason in double battles. I haven't had any other errors occur from this, but have been told it can happen.
    Bad Eggs can occur, despite not using cheats. I've been informed that it's more likely to happen in double battles, and that's where it happened for me, between lilycove and mossdeep. The enemy sent out a bad egg after the previous pokemon fainted, and it soft locked (didn't lose as much progress that time, luckily.

It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it does have bugs and issues, some of which may very well ruin a playthrough. And the Dev speaking in the manner that I've witnessed him do so in, and so flippantly discounting the reports of these bugs is quite frustrating. I don't care if they're fixed. But acknowledging that their are issues, as opposed to belittling those who report it, is important to me, and I assume other members of this community. I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, and thank you for the wonderful rom that you made, it has helped pass many hours for me, and is far and above anything I could ever hope to make myself. I dare even say that it truly is a very high quality rom hack, although your attitude makes me loathe to say so.

-Pipermintpat

"Stall is dead XD"

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2022
    i would like to know where i can farm ev points effort value points for hp attack defense special attack special defense and speed maybe

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    11/15/2022 UPDATE

Don't feel like making a thread about it, but here's a new version of Theta Emerald. Theta Emerald Forever:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/yfpzc47h0utvu64/ThetaEmeraldForever.rar/file
    Have fun :)

I just reached Mauville City and I'm really enjoying the hack so far. The placement of new Pokemon has been handled well and the trainer teams have been well balanced. You've done a great job once again. I've experienced one bug so far, the Reveal Glass causes the game to crash when you try to look at it on the Key Items menu.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • I just reached Mauville City and I'm really enjoying the hack so far. The placement of new Pokemon has been handled well and the trainer teams have been well balanced. You've done a great job once again. I've experienced one bug so far, the Reveal Glass causes the game to crash when you try to look at it on the Key Items menu.

What emulator are you using?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Which Version are you using to patch? I dont know if it works for me, it shows the normal Emerald Menu screen and everything seems normal except new pokemon?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Which Version are you using to patch? I dont know if it works for me, it shows the normal Emerald Menu screen and everything seems normal except new pokemon?

I use the Trashman rom. The menu screen doesn't change with this hack. Just play until you get to the starters, if they are different, then you know it worked. Also, sharing roms is against the rules.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • So, I've been pretty quiet recently, and I feel like it's time to tell you what's going on. I've thought long and hard about this, and I've decided to finally retire from the Pokémon ROM hacking scene. I've been doing this for over 10 years, and things having changed to the point where I don't really have the time to do it any more. I got my own place, a full time job, whenever I do have the free time, I usually spend it with friends and family. If only ROM hacking paid the bills lol. It's been a crazy time, both good and bad, and I've learned a lot. In fact, it guided me towards me being a computer science graduate. I just want to thank everyone who has ever played any one of my mods, and I'm happy that it has brought joy to so many people. I'm thinking about doing a reboot of my Youtube channel sometime in the future, as well. Until then, I hope everyone has a awesome day/night, and a Happy New Year!! 🎊

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So, I've been pretty quiet recently, and I feel like it's time to tell you what's going on. I've thought long and hard about this, and I've decided to finally retire from the Pokémon ROM hacking scene. I've been doing this for over 10 years, and things having changed to the point where I don't really have the time to do it any more. I got my own place, a full time job, whenever I do have the free time, I usually spend it with friends and family. If only ROM hacking paid the bills lol. It's been a crazy time, both good and bad, and I've learned a lot. In fact, it guided me towards me being a computer science graduate. I just want to thank everyone who has ever played any one of my mods, and I'm happy that it has brought joy to so many people. I'm thinking about doing a reboot of my Youtube channel sometime in the future, as well. Until then, I hope everyone has a awesome day/night, and a Happy New Year!! 🎊

I will always remember Pokemon Theta Emerald EX as one of the first Pokemon Rom Hacks I've ever played, which got me into playing rom hacks in general. Thank you for those memories.

If this is really the end from you...Take care.

And may your heart be your guiding key.

:)

Back