• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Umm hello, idk if i'm not paying attention or something but is there a list of evolution changes? I don't see it in the guide and i want to complete the pokedex. If there is please share with me thanks ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Hello,

I recently downloaded this game. I love it so far. I found one issue/bug (Not sure if it's been found already) that I'm not entirely complaining about, but now I feel inferior to every npc.

I changed my rotom into the lawnmower, but all pokemon, wild and trainer, are now shiny. Is there a way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Does Genesect have his Techo Blast? Whenever I catch one it doesn't..
    Will the new game rewrite the whole thing from scratch again? Meaning it'll be impossible to transfer renev save files to the new game? Is it normal to encounter the EV pokemon in training cave on level 1? Speaking of EVs, Is gaining EVs after lvl.100 possible??

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Jesus Christ, This is like some sort of treasure hunting, This can get my pokedex completed in no time and get ash greninja, or, even get a greninja with battle bond in the frontier itself, so cool

https://imgflip.com/i/5i9an9

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Ok guys, so what I got from the broken wonder trade is
    Shiny Kirlia
    Shiny Sceptile
    Shiny alolan Golem
    Deoxys
    Shiny Crustle
    Kyogre(How the hell does that guy have a Kyogre)
    Phione
    Shiny Absol
    Celebi
    Shiny Celebi
    Shiny Riolu
    Shiny Zapdos
    Manaphy
    Entei
    Shiny Beldum
    Shiny Ariados
    Shiny Skorupi
    Shiny Serperior
    Shiny Electrode
    Shiny Eevee(on first try)
    Shiny Raikou
    Reshiram
    Shiny Zekrom
    Shiny Alolan Ninetales
    Articuno
    Giratina
    Shiny Alolan Raichu(Became a Bad Egg)

You guys should try it out, its fun, just catch some weedle or a zigzagoon then go to the battle frontier pokecenter then go upstairs and talk to the security looking guy then he will give you another pokemons for the zigzagoon, trade him the pokemon he traded you and note that everytime you guys trade you should see summary to know if its a shiny or not, sometimes he gives legendaries and shiny ones, so cool, and I just realised the beldum I got in steven's house is shiny too.

Edit: Never try it and dont even try to wonder trade, I am now left with a curse as a consequence of my action, evey pokemon I encounter are now shinies, I am still looking for a solution.

Edit#2:Ok guys I found out the solution in no time, so I thought of something, like wonder trading one of the shinies I found in the grass in exchange for a non-shiny, so I did and I found a bad egg in the pc that was supposed to be a shiny poochy, luckily I know about always saving state because the game can freeze your game anytime at any cause, so I loaded the state, went to pokecenter on frontier then poochy isn't a bad egg so I put all my party mons 5 boxes away from the shinies and I traded a shiny zorua and shiny weedle for a non shiny and released the poochy before it becomes a bad egg again andddd its fixed, mons I encounter are no longer shinies, hope this helps some people who wonder traded too and left with the curse.

basically transfer all your party mons 5 boxes away from the shinies you got either from wonder trading or from the curse, I am afraid this shiny or legendary mons are bad eggs, I am still gonna make sure of that conclusion and then get 2 of the shines in your empty party then just wonder trade them shiny you either got from the wonder trade or from the curse and make sure the mon you get is a non-shiny, if it is shiny, then trade it again until you get a non-shiny, once you do that store the non shiny mon in a box that has no pokemons or the box where you put your party in, then windraw your party mons again and all is fine.

Edit#3: Confirmed, the shiny and legendary mons you get from wonder trading are not bad eggs, they are real, so savour and cherish what you got, either if its an arceus or some shiny weedle, you can keep them, the bad eggs are the shinies you encounter on the grass because of the curse you get for getting a shiny mon in wonder trading as your last trade.

To prevent getting the curse, make sure the last mon the wonder trader gave you is a non-shiny.

Edit#4: ! WARNING ! Dont abuse and dont overdo this Wonder Trade treasure hunt, once you got atleast 15 or 20 pokemons from wonder trading, I advice myself, Dont Exceed, Dont wonder trade anymore, because any pokemon from wonder trading beyond that amount becomes an EGG, yes just an EGG, but, Dont let the name fool you, all pokemons becoming an egg named Bad Egg or not are bad eggs, All of the pokemons you got from wonder trading should just be in 1 box, especially the shinies and the Legends, Once you see a Bad Egg in the box DONT transfer the mons from that box to other boxes, chances are they are already bad eggs too, But not to worry, when you see this, You have 2 options, Wonder Trade the bad egg for a normal pokemon, not shiny, not legend, not mythical, just some normal pokemon, and put that pokemon in the box where the pokemons from wonder trading Is. Or, You should just release those pokemons you got from Wonder Trading.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Anyone Wondering where the IV checker is, He is an old man in the house behind the frontier PokeCenter.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2024
    An interesting glitch I've found to happen is if in a double battle, where one trainer only has 1 pokemon and the other has more than 1 pokemon, if the trainer with 1 pokemon uses a switching move, such as U-turn, a bad egg is sent out, softlocking the game. I'm not really sure if this is a glitch specific to theta renev, but otherwise, its pretty easy to get past with save states. Just kill the offending pokemon before it can use a switching move, and the game should function normally after that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    Interesting. I've been in double trainer battles where they only have 1 pokemon and 1 pokemon uses volt switch or U-turn, but I never encountered this bug, it always says it like this;

Nincada used U-Turn!
    But it failed!

Pikachu used Volt Switch!
    But it failed!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2021
    is there a way to get adamant orb? because i get protein and i checked the guide and it says that protein and adamant orb can be found on same place

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    My game keeps creshing whenever I try to use the Pokemon Center in Fortree to heal my pokemon. It becomes a bugged out mess, then crashes. Help!

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Anyone curious, this is still a fairly glitchy hack.

If you want a Gen 1-8 experience in an Emerald base, try ROWE or Inclement Emerald (Second one is much more challenging, but also changes base stats, typings and abilities).

LCCoolJ no longer updates this, as far as I'm concerned.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Alright, confession time, ladies and gentlemen. I'm okay, just wanted to talk about Pokémon Theta Emerald Forever. I mentioned a little while ago that the game was going to have about 871 in the dex to catch. It was going to be gen 1 to 7, with a fun idea for a DLC thing. Did you know that Smogon has this thing called CAP? It's this metagame where fanmade Pokemon are introduced to the game, with moves, abilities, the whole thing. I was going to add all of them in, and they are in. But I got to thinking, I don't think we need that many. So, I'm just going to scrap the idea. Plus, there's no sprites for the fanmade Pokemon. Well, I mean, there are, just not condensed to the size that the GBA would recognize. And I'm not an artist, so I don't want to ruin the work of the artists' that did an awesome job on the spritework. So, the dex with now go up to 815, with every Pokemon from gen 1 to 7 included, along with the gen 8 galarian evolutions (i.e. Obstagoon), and the new Regis, cause they are not that hard to add in. Hope everyone is okay with that. There's a reason why I'm not adding in Gen 8, well, not all of gen 8, just the Pokemon that do matter, into Theta Emerald Forever. But I'll explain that in a sort of a video diary kind of thing. Gang, this is it. This will be my absolute last ROM hack that I will ever make. I just hope that everyone likes it, cause I'm gonna give it my all with this one. I promise you that. -LC

Is there any possibility of adding some features from Radical Red, like:
    1. Nature Swapping in the PC.
    2. Ability swapping/choosing

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2022
    Not sure if this has been covered but just as it was in Theta EX, Theta Renev doesnt patch correctly. It says it patches correctly with Ignore selected but when i load it into VBA it just stays at a white screen. My emerald rom matches the name of the .ups as well so im pretty positive it isnt my rom. Since this keeps happening to me is there anyway someone can give me a pre-patched version of this rom. I really want to play it but im having a very frustrating time being able to. Here's a link to the image i captured of it giving me a white screen when loading the rom.
    https://ibb.co/pzr2z3M

Last edited:
    Back