• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon TV App Is Closing

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    It's been one of the best apps catching up on the Pokémon series. I've made posts here on this forum over the years about special selections they've done. Now it is all coming to an end. I don't know where I will be able to watch the series in future. About 10 years ago there were these websites where you could watch all episodes including banned ones such as Holiday Hi Jynx and Beauty And The Beach. There was even that Electric Soldier Porygon episode in Japanese but the internet police had those websites shutdown a while ago for obvious reasons. On DVD I have only got the following.

Season 1 episodes 1-52
    Pokémon Chronicles (The Full Set)
    Movie 4 (First I Got On DVD)
    Movie 5
    Movie 6
    Movie 7
    All Diamond And Pearl Era Movies
    All The BW era Movies
    The Hoopa Movie

I had the first 3 movies on VHS which I did away with like centuries ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    This is a shame. I imagine it's closing so a paid subscription service can take its place. That seems to be the pattern with these kinds of things.

Free content is rare.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • While I stopped watching the anime in the middle of BW, it's just a shame to see Pokemon TV close down. I pretty much always considered it to be exactly what the anime should have. With so many different streaming services having different seasons of different shows in different places for different costs it was a great change of pace to see Pokemon not only be so open to having its anime be accessible but having it all in one easy to watch location. Now we've just gotta settle for finding what we can where we can.

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Breaking news Pokemon Fans and Lovers, as of March 29, 2024, Pokemon TV App is going to be no longer available for streaming Pokemon anime series and TV shows as well with limited time movies on the app. I know this is very disappointing for everyone to miss the app after it goes away and will no longer be available for download on the app stores. If you wish to continue to watch Pokemon anime, you can go to Amazon Instant Video*, YouTube*, Pokeflix.tv, Apple TV, iTunes Store, Netflix*, Hulu* and many more video streaming services. There's also various anime websites where they have Pokemon in English and Japanese languages. I know this very sad news but the official Pokemon website announced that the app is going away. Also you can own Pokemon DVDs and VHS of the series and movies as well which you can purchase from Amazon.com and/or eBay.com, and the DVDs of the series and movies can also be purchased from exclusive selected stores such as Best Buy, Walmart, Target and many other online stores and retailers. Thanks to everyone who will be able to watch the Pokemon TV App one final time before it goes away on March 28, 2024, thank you and appreciate your Pokemon anime watching experience!

* indicates that payment/subscription is required to watch.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    This is outrageous, its unfair
    anakin skywalker GIF

Days
  • I had no idea about this until now. I hope what other people are saying about "hopefully they move to other streaming platforms" ends up being true because I want to watch it somewhere.

Back