• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon trailer released, website updated

Years
I'm probably guessing the Gyms rumour may be dead, since I did recall seeing what looked like the gates that unlock when you beat a trial in the scene with the overworld Rockruff.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
New footage, as well as artwork of the redesigned protagonists and Ultra Alola. Very nice. That portal on the map's piqued my interest though - I'm willing to bet it's the Ultra Dimension. There's also this white thing on the cover - it's definitely Necrozma, so perhaps that's its true form.

Vindra

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
Love the new map and character designs! I have mixed feelings about the possibility of returning to Kanto, though. Despite that, I'm really excited for these new games. :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Kommo-o official entry state that he seek power to drive away an unknow darkness covering Alola.
The new map reveal an ominous cloud or distortion heading toward Alola and it happen to be Alola's new secret.

So, do you think that ominous cloud was the unknown darkness that Kommo-o trying to drive away?

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
Years
Finally some news.

I saw something that looked like the Vermillion City gym, which would be amazing if it was featured.

I wonder what the big rift is supposed to be, ORAS comes to mind.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm happy that Ryuki gets more screen time! It looks like he's in a setting that's not just him showing up and battling. Couldn't say the same thing for Kahili because we only see her doing the Z pose and she could just be here to battle... not sure.

Ok but the girl character's new hairstyle???? I'm in love!!!

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The news is more substantial than the Lycanroc form reveal at least. But not too many things to be excited about.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
The news is more substantial than the Lycanroc form reveal at least. But not too many things to be excited about.

For a game that isn't the first of a generation and won't have any new pokemon barring forms and the like, we actually got a pretty substantial amount of information.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I think this all a lot more exciting than people realize. There's not that much meat to all of this, but there are tons of glimpses into new things that we didn't see at all in Sun and Moon - so there's a ton more to discuss now, a ton more speculation to be had! That's the most exciting part of waiting for the games, isn't it?

Years
MAN

the trailer hints towards so much but confirms nothing q.q The room Ryuki is seen it looks really similar to lt surges gym, but I doubt there'll be a return to kanto. Maybe it's just east an easter egg? The game has me initrigued now but I still kinda wish they'd reveal some more so people would know what to expect

Vindra

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
I don't think that is Vermilion Gym, so I'd probably wouldn't get hopes over a return to Kanto. I'm also sick of Kanto promotion in general.

Agreed... it'd be nice to see something other than gen one get some love!

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Kanto is not returning. I don't like how we got another kanto reference. I don't care for kanto anymore.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Kanto is not returning. I don't like how we got another kanto reference. I don't care for kanto anymore.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's not happening. What will happen will happen.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
In 50 years. But not this year. Kanto is in GS virtual console post game anyway.

I don't want to go offtopic but
(and before you say RBY is on VC, I know.) The GSC postgame, and RBY are not the same things. Just because you can visit an area, doesn't mean it's the same game. B/W and B2/W2 are not the same games. RSE and ORAS are not the same games. Visiting an area =/= playing the game that area originated in.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I don't want to go offtopic but
(and before you say RBY is on VC, I know.) The GSC postgame, and RBY are not the same things. Just because you can visit an area, doesn't mean it's the same game. B/W and B2/W2 are not the same games. RSE and ORAS are not the same games. Visiting an area =/= playing the game that area originated in.
Any game with kanto counts. GSC and HGSS counts. RBY and GS on virtual console counts.

Anyway, the trailer was not that thrilling.

Back