• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon trailer released, website updated

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Hmm, this looks interesting. Ryuki and Kahili seem to be finally getting some spotlight, and the rift above Poni Island seems interesting. Maybe we'll be finding some legendaries in there.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
Darn, we posted the news at the exact same time. :P

But anyways... INFO HOORAY.

blue

gucci
Years
That came out of nowhere, but yay for some news! So it looks like Kahili is a Trial Captain or Kahuna and Ryuki is part of the storyline.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
For some odd reason, no Pokemon are shown following the protag in literally ANY of the other clips.

You would think a return of such a feature would be a bigger deal than it being shown in one clip...

Before this trailer, I was really confident following pokemon would not be featured in USUM. Now, I am a lot more optimistic.

However, you you bring up a good point. But at the end of the trailer, it said that more details would be coming soon. Its possible that there could be a dedicated trailer for the following pokemon feature. Im really holding out hope here lol

blue

gucci
Years
Spoiler:

This building looks exactly like the Vermillion City Gym which is interesting considering the amount of throwbacks to Kanto in Sun and Moon..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

This building looks exactly like the Vermillion City Gym which is interesting considering the amount of throwbacks to Kanto in Sun and Moon..

Holy shiit you're right. DO WE GET TO VISIT KANTO POST-GAME?!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
It does resemble the Vermillion city gym in a lot of ways. Those trash cans almost confirm it. But is there even enough space to fit all of the extra data necessary for the entire Kanto region?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well there was more (not more, but the fact that it was included and was different enough) than enough in Gen 2 which had even less overall space sooooo...

And it could be just like, a less fleshed out version but if it's set in an alternate universe that could explain why the fighting-type guy is there instead of Surge. The marks on the wall definitely add up with the gym though and unless it's a new feature to battle past gym leaders in their old gyms I'm definitely leaning towards Kanto exploration.

And then with Sinnoh remakes next you'd theoretically be able to explore Johto post-game too, thanks to Sinjoh ruins! It definitely makes sense if these games feature Kanto and next ones Johto. Then ideally Gen 8 and Unova remakes would be on 3DS so every region would get to feature on 3DS...

...hopeful! :)

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Ok can we just talk about how the map has changed? What is up with the region? And what's that rift/dark cloud near Poni Island? Is it related with the UB's? Necrozma? Damn I'm excited.

Regarding the supposed "Vermillian City Gym"... I don't think we will visit Kanto... Maybe it's just a reference? Idk. One thing is certain, gen 1 again :c

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
Years
Did somebody say P O K E M O N F O L L O W I N G ?

And that Vermillion Gym-looking place. Fine, GameFreak, you've sold me. If I get a Greninja following me I'm sorted forever.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
4.jpg

It seems like Necrozma is getting some screentime this time around, like we were all expecting. Thoughts?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I crosschecked the Alola map from SM and USUM to see what has changed, and there are a lot!

lA0A5IM.jpg

Purple indicates new beaches/sandy areas

Aqua indicates new buildings, seems like most of the empty areas in SM were filled up, but some like in Poni and Tapu Village remain empty. There's also a building at the coast of Route 13 infront of Blush Mountain

Green indicates updates to previous locations, Trainer's School, Hau'oli Mall, and the Lake of Sunne/Moone have different looks than in SM

The pink area is weird, In SM there were no whales or fishes, and I don't think it's an aesthetic choice because the boats in both versions of the map are in the exact same place so idk about that

Other than the purple cloud, these are the changes I've found in the map.

Years
Even this trailer is a bit underwhelming with the info revealed. The most exciting thing being Kahili returning and potentially playing a bigger role.

As much as I would love following pokémon and a return to Kanto, I would be very surprised if we received either. I suspect it's more likely that there are new gyms in Alola, but some of the layouts have been inspired by Kanto.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
tumblr_ouvx97yTrd1t2l5yfo1_400.jpg

So doesn't that look like a new pokemon ? Its face reminding me of Arceus!
I think the USUM website already hint another pokemon in our plain site.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Lots of updates made to the article. Please point out stuff missed and someone else on Daily can update them, I'm going to sleep. =p

Years
I had a feeling Dusk Form Lycanroc would get covered in this trailer. Also loving the new areas and the fact that Ryuki and Kahili will get a supposed expanded role, considering they were two characters we never met during S/M's story.

The boxart looks really epic too. The hype train is officially back and running!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Man, stop teasing and give us a full trailer!

It looks like 2 of the empty plots have buildings now. Unfortunately it looks like 3 of them still appear to be empty. My excitement meter at least moved a little bit, lol. Still nothing on new alolan forms though. I'll be sorely disappointed if there are new ones added.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Well that's certainly the best information dump we've gotten thus far. Possible following Pokemon? Weird new buildings on most islands? A Kanto gym? The typical GameFreak tactic of covering new stuff with clouds and dark vortexes?

Back