• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Sorry to be a downer, but I'm really frustrated by a puzzle right now...
    This is my second playthrough, which means I really like this hack (I'm quite picky and rarely play Pokémon games anymore). But I am really irritated by a certain puzzle halfway through the story.
    Spoiler:

I'm sorry to complain, maybe it is completely my personal issue. I always try to reflect and be as fair as I can be.
    If anyone of the dev team reads this, first of all, I'm really grateful for what you have done. But maybe there is room of improvement besides turning the puzzle difficulty to "Easy". And since I'm stubborn enough, I will solve it without that.
    Maybe it's a personal issue, I feel I always get too worked up over small, but frustrating things like that.
    Nonetheless, let it not be understated what this hack has become. It's simply terrific.

Years
    Spoiler:

I completed the 2.0 version twice (not counting the New Game+ with Insane Sandbox) and on both attempts I solved the puzzle by 100% trial and error. Solved by noting which teleporter lands to which point and going from there. Still, it does take a good chunk of time to solve this, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I completed the 2.0 version twice (not counting the New Game+ with Insane Sandbox) and on both attempts I solved the puzzle by 100% trial and error. Solved by noting which teleporter lands to which point and going from there. Still, it does take a good chunk of time to solve this, though.

Keeping notes might be sensible, fair enough. I simply tried to memorize the pattern, but similar looking platforms kept tripping me up.
    I mean, I get the intention, if it was developed like this on purpose. Still, you'd first assume the way is going forward, picking the right one from branching paths, it took me a while to figure out what loops and where to turn back.

And like I said, the dreaded ice puzzle wasn't an issue during an earlier playthrough, so it may have caught me off guard. It seemed to break the established formula.

Still, thanks for reassuring I'm not as dumb as I felt. ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    I have a question. I have a shiny crobat. I updated it, and it looks blue now. Why does it look like this? It was the second pokemon I ever caught and it is very close to my heart.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    Is there gonna be a new update coming out soon I really don't want to start a play through then have a new update come out.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    Hey, I think I'm softlocked. Is there any way to fix this?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    Is there a strategy useful to complete the Safari Zone Quest?
    Spoiler:

But is it enough?

Years
    Update on this; I can't mine. The mining game isn't working, after the minor tells you to "face the wall to get started" it loads onto a black screen and gets stuck.
    This is the first time I have attempted to mine in 2.0.3 and it worked in the previous version.

hi i just started play the game and my game crash whenever i want to mine at KBT, any solutions?

Strange. I played 2.0.0 on VBA at PC and 2.0.2 on mGBA at Mac, and I haven't faced this issue. Perhaps raise the issue at Discord, preferably at #main-bugs channel.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hey, some kind of weird observation, but I think a Swellow I fought in a Max Raid failed it's Max Guard or another move in combination.

I didn't pay much attention, I was overleveled anyway and just went for the items. But I think it used Max Guard on turn 1 and some time after that I noticed the "shook its head" message.
    I know there are a lot of moves that intentionally fail (e.g. Heavy Slam), but such a move wasn't involved, I think.

My partner was Abimbola's Foongus, so it hadn't moved, I used "Roly-Poly", but couldn't have moved either, if Swellow went for Max Guard.
    My own Max Lightning went through, and the Foongus didn't have any priority either, I think.

Since something seemed off, I caught it afterwards and have a suspicion that could be checked:
    Its moves were Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Quick Guard. Max Raid opponents are abke to move more than once per turn.
    Could it possibly have used Quick Guard and Quick Attack in that same turn, so Max Guard (or Quick Guard which I might not have noticed afterwards) cancel each other out?

Either way, it looked like an unintentional outcome, since all moves involved seemed valid.

Edit/addendum: Also, somehow the levels of Raids seem to have lowered after
    Spoiler:

Before I remember them being ~35 or above, now all of them have become 26... (well, a Kakuna was 29)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can't play Cloud burst since it ends as soon as it starts.
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Hello i play Pokemon unbound for first time,i have a question,when i use the dexnav,,in the profile there is a part next to the pokemons that says "search level" what is it? what is it for?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    It functions much like the DexNav in ORAS; basically, the higher the level, the more info you learn about the Pokémon in the shaking grass/dust cloud/bubbling water. At Level 0, you just know that it is the species you're looking for. As you continue scanning that pokemon, the level increases and you learn more and more about that that Pokémon, including its ability, the first move known, and (after upgrading the Dexnav in Cootes Bog) whether it has an item or not. Getting long chains of a Pokémon (i.e., getting the same one in a row dozens of times and not switching you 'mon or leaving the area), you can get 'mon that known egg moves and/or have a higher chance to be shiny.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hey, some kind of weird observation, but I think a Swellow I fought in a Max Raid failed it's Max Guard or another move in combination.

I didn't pay much attention, I was overleveled anyway and just went for the items. But I think it used Max Guard on turn 1 and some time after that I noticed the "shook its head" message.
    I know there are a lot of moves that intentionally fail (e.g. Heavy Slam), but such a move wasn't involved, I think.

My partner was Abimbola's Foongus, so it hadn't moved, I used "Roly-Poly", but couldn't have moved either, if Swellow went for Max Guard.
    My own Max Lightning went through, and the Foongus didn't have any priority either, I think.

Since something seemed off, I caught it afterwards and have a suspicion that could be checked:
    Its moves were Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Quick Guard. Max Raid opponents are abke to move more than once per turn.
    Could it possibly have used Quick Guard and Quick Attack in that same turn, so Max Guard (or Quick Guard which I might not have noticed afterwards) cancel each other out?

Either way, it looked like an unintentional outcome, since all moves involved seemed valid.

Edit/addendum: Also, somehow the levels of Raids seem to have lowered after
    Spoiler:

Before I remember them being ~35 or above, now all of them have become 26... (well, a Kakuna was 29)

Strangely enough, after beating
    Spoiler:
    the Raid levels raised again to almost level 40.
    So somehow they lowered after
    Spoiler:
    but returned to expected levels after defeating the Gym above. Maybe the updated story script caused a wrong scaling order?

Another thing that might be worth looking into:
    I wondered why Alford constantly used Crunch on a Gourgeist Raid with his Pyroar. Pyroar is a special attacker and Gourgeist more like a physical wall.
    Unfortunately Pyroar runs Incinerate, which doesn't work in Raids (intentionally). It may be worthwhile to give it another move, since it's completely unuseable for the time being.

Years
    Strange. I played 2.0.0 on VBA at PC and 2.0.2 on mGBA at Mac, and I haven't faced this issue. Perhaps raise the issue at Discord, preferably at #main-bugs channel.

I wrote about this on Discord and got this answer:

"I was just going to report experiencing this bug. I played around in the settings and the problem went away when i changed back to frame 1. Frame 6 was causing the bug for me and frame 1 worked fine. I didn't test any of the others though"

So you might need to check the frames before starting mining.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Just played this (and I have played a LOT of Pokemon ROM hacks), and I can say this is the most impressive one I've played. There's so much to do in it with not just the usual game goals but side quests, it's incredibly creative (incorporating aspects of Pokemon Go, unique puzzles and gym battles, a vast new region, and so much more), and there are a lot of conveniences (not having to clog up moves slots with HM's, can choose the game's difficulty and many other settings, and having a lot of new TM's) as well. I can't imagine how difficult it was to make such an amazing game with so much detail and no glitches. I just wish I could have experienced all of it (Real Time didn't work and save froze, but that was no fault of the game creators, but rather the online emulator I was using lol). I cannot say enough good things about this game. I'm no critic, but I just thought I'd throw some praise at all of the ROM hackers who worked so hard on this game, using their skills for free. Great job and thank you for providing us players with so much fun ;)

Back