• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2022
    Looks interesting, I have one question what are inverse battles?

As the name suggests...
    Type effectiveness is inversed
    So Ghost Moves hit Normal Types Super Effectively! (Rather than usual No Effect)
    Also Fire Moves will be Not Very Effective on Grass Types
    Just to name a few....

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Sorry to ask about bugs repeatedly, but there is another strange observation I made, which might be necessary to look into.

Regarding the Metronome item (+20% move power per turn consecutively used), I noticed the damage listed via L button was giving me wrong values.

I noticed "Echoed Voice" increasing from 40 to 80 (expected 96(?), 80+20%). After some testing, it seems it wasn't because of the new base power.
    Checking the power again the third turn, it showed 144 (expected 168(?), 120+40%).

I can't actually test actual damage rolls, but the looked/felt damaging correctly.
    However, due to the small increase in the second turn, I'm not sure (given the displayed numbers are wrong).

In addition to that, the displayed damage bonus applies the bonus to each move, making each power wrong besides the actual Metronome-boosted move.
    E.g. I used Snarl five times, but hovering over Flamethrower displayed a power of 190. The actual damage seemed normal though.
    The damage however does seem to be calculated correctly, if you switch moves.

In conclusion, given the numbers seem to correspond to the previous turn, either the turn counter is miscounting, or the formula for the damage displayed is miscalculated.
    Given the small margin/increase in turn 2, I am unable to determine if it applies the damage correctly before turn 3 without actual numbers. Damage rolls might vary too much to even test it on myself in a double battle.

Hopefully my findings give a little insight.

Edit: I continued using Echoed Voice, and it got weirder.
    The third turn I was put to sleep and failed, which led to a displayed damage of 48 (maybe expected? 40+20%).
    I continued and it displayed 112 the turn after (80+2×20%?) instead of the previous 80 from turn 2.
    FWIW, I woke up from an Uproar as well, so the counter is now including that or the Metronome counter simply keeps increasing.
    Anyway, the damage display looks like it is behind. But honestly, I'm losing track. :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I noticed that in this Hack it's Impossible aiming for the Livingdex, isn't it?
    There could be a chances to expand the Box beyond 24?

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Howdy :) how's everyone doing, I hope you are keeping well. My walkthrough for the 2.0.3.2 update is now available for those of you who might require a guide, you'll find it and all my other guides on my Internet Archive page https://archive.org/details/pokemon-rom-hack-walkthroughs

**Download Instructions**
    Under Download Options if you just want the walkthrough text document then click on Text and right click to download when you see the file. But if you want the zipped file which contains the walkthrough and the screenshots for puzzle solutions and hidden items then click on RAR and right click to download when you see the file. For guides which are in PDF format, same thing, click PDF.

If there are any errors, any mistakes, etc please contact me as soon as you can. I am off Discord for the time being so I ask that those of you who are active there, please share that Internet Archive link in Discord. Thanks once again to Skeli and everyone who has been involved in making Unbound, it still continues to set quite the high standard in this massive world of Pokemon Rom hacks and I do hope that other Rom hack creators, especially the newer folks, are taking plenty of notes :) enjoy your weekend and take care!

Years
  • Howdy :) how's everyone doing, I hope you are keeping well. My walkthrough for the 2.0.3.2 update is now available for those of you who might require a guide, you'll find it and all my other guides on my Internet Archive page https://archive.org/details/pokemon-rom-hack-walkthroughs

**Download Instructions**
    Under Download Options if you just want the walkthrough text document then click on Text and right click to download when you see the file. But if you want the zipped file which contains the walkthrough and the screenshots for puzzle solutions and hidden items then click on RAR and right click to download when you see the file. For guides which are in PDF format, same thing, click PDF.

If there are any errors, any mistakes, etc please contact me as soon as you can. I am off Discord for the time being so I ask that those of you who are active there, please share that Internet Archive link in Discord. Thanks once again to Skeli and everyone who has been involved in making Unbound, it still continues to set quite the high standard in this massive world of Pokemon Rom hacks and I do hope that other Rom hack creators, especially the newer folks, are taking plenty of notes :) enjoy your weekend and take care!

That's awesome, Allen, thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2023
    Hi everyone, first of all thanks to the creator of this Rom that's been keeping me up at night (for the best of course) during weeks ! It's the best Pokemon Rom I've ever played.
    And as a matter of consequence, I wanna know if there's any mean to patch my game with my existing save to go through the latest update (I played the game with the very previous update) without playing the whole game anew. Fyi the thing is I'm playing on my 3DS with a mod (thanks to this video made by DiamondGamerPro : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5VvHr7O7A).
    Thank you very much for any piece of information, have a good day !

Years
  • I love it all! It would be great if you added Galar Pokémon in a later version.

Galar mons (Gen 8) are available, but they are not in the wild. You can either trade them from Radical Red or the Last Fire Red, or use a cheat code to catch them.

Can you make a qr code i can download this from?

The QR code is not needed to download this rom; I am curious why you need it. The download link is at the first post; so check there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2022
    Galar mons (Gen 8) are available, but they are not in the wild. You can either trade them from Radical Red or the Last Fire Red, or use a cheat code to catch them.

The QR code is not needed to download this rom; I am curious why you need it. The download link is at the first post; so check there.

Where? Could you link it please?
    Sorry about this, I'm trying to get it on my 3ds lmao

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2022
    Hey.
    Is there any easy way to get 0 IV speed on a caught legendary? I am making a trick room mono-steel team for the monotype mission and would really like 0 iv speed on my Celesteela!

Years
  • Hey.
    Is there any easy way to get 0 IV speed on a caught legendary? I am making a trick room mono-steel team for the monotype mission and would really like 0 iv speed on my Celesteela!

If you are playing the game on sandbox mode (which is very highly unlikely), lowering and increasing your mon's IVs are very easy; you just adjust them on the stat scanner screen. But if the sandbox mode is not present, it is more difficult.
    According to the documents here you need Berry Blender to adjust your mon's IVs. Open the link and check which berries increase or lower which IV. Using Tamato Berry on a Berry Blender lowers your mons' Speed IVs, but it might take some time. And I don't think there is an alternative way to lower your mons' IVs.

i looked for the read me file but i dont find it where it it

You are replying to a post from 2016. The game still uses FireRed 1.0 base (Squirrels), so you need to search it yourself.

Back