• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2023
    Can anyone please tell me how to use my old save file from the version 2.0.3 on this version? (I am using mGBA emulator on a laptop)

I use Lutris with mGBA and it was as simple as copying and replacing the old rom file. Not sure if the same will work for you so I would back up the old file first just to make sure you don't loose any progress.

Years
    Actually, the better target for farming Lucky Eggs is Pelipper. Higher encounter rate

The problem is that Pelipper appears much later than Happiny. Happiny appears at Route 9, which is before the fourth badge. Pelipper is available at Routes 14 and 17 by land and surfing, and you cannot access to all of them before obtaining the fifth badge. And the encounter rate is not an issue when DexNav exists and you can search it as much as you can.

Years
    • Seen today
    Can anyone tell me how I can use my old save file from 2.0.3 on this version?
    (I am using mGBA emulator on a laptop)

Rename either the save file or the rom file so that their names are identical (except for the file extension of course)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Very heavily suggest against using this cheat code since this will outright break the game. I suggest the alternative solution in my post I wrote yesterday night, and the post is below in its entirety.

Also, Unbound 2.1.0 has been released!

The cheat I listed doesn't break the game. It's not like the x999 of every single item. It's only rare candies, master balls, ability patch, gold caps, and I think something else but I can't remember but it's listed in the original post. I can still pick up any other items.

Years
    Here are the screenshots for replacing old data.
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

The message says:
    "WARNING! There is a different game file that is already saved. If you save now, the other file's adventure, including items and Pokémon, will be entirely lost. Are you SURE you want to save now and overwrite the other save file?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    The message says:
    "WARNING! There is a different game file that is already saved. If you save now, the other file's adventure, including items and Pokémon, will be entirely lost. Are you SURE you want to save now and overwrite the other save file?"

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, looks like it's just meant to emphasise the importance of the message.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2023
    Well, seeing as you need to have Regigigas in your party to find them and that's a post-game mission reward, you can just Mystery Gift a Gen 8 'mon in to your game to unlock catching other Gen 8 'mon.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    I'm more sad about Skeli saying that it doesn't work then Verloren not truly getting the permission (I'm assuming he asked but though Skeli would be fine with it because it's just decapitalization).

Keep trying, Verloren!

Years
    • Seen today
    I mean... Unbound had decapitalization from the start, on top of being a masterpiece in pretty much every technical department, what's even the point of such patch anyway, just for a half dozen words in the entire game that aren't decapitalized?

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
    I mean... Unbound had decapitalization from the start, on top of being a masterpiece in pretty much every technical department, what's even the point of such patch anyway, just for a half dozen words in the entire game that aren't decapitalized?

Guess so.

Just think it's funny for Verloren to run around an decapitalize for a bunch of hacks without permission all of a sudden.

Years
    oh boy, the post game is almost fully complete!! i almost cant believe it...

i might wait a little bit more for the full (!!!) game before I play it though 👀

Years
    • Seen today
    Is anyone else getting the "That password does not match any available gift" when writing the Hisuian Zoroark code?

I tried twice, in both uper and lower case.

Back