• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    Where do i go after I beat shadow admin Marlon and I am told to go to thunder cap mountain? When Jax takes me to the other side of cinder mountain, idk where to go. On the map inside go below the town in the first gym but hays impossible. Unless I take a ride on the lapras?

Last edited:

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
  • Where do i go after I beat shadow admin Marlon and I am told to go to thunder cap mountain? When Jax takes me to the other side of cinder mountain, idk where to go. On the map inside go below the town in the first gym but hays impossible. Unless I take a ride on the lapras?

that is the end of this beta

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2017
    It looks really good and the first few minutes I had were really very fun, but it quickly found an end. After the Articuno thingy, when you cross the first cave, there is a trainer with 2 rock pokemon. Defeating him makes the game freeze in a black screen. Right after this guy the trainer had the same problem. I tried with restarting etc., but nothing worked. I just went past him without a fight to the psycho that teleports, and didn't use it at first. But the next trainer would freeze the game again. Than I chose to use the psycho, ported on the other side and went backwards. First trainer worked after beating, but the one right after him again froze the screen, so I ragequited. It's really a shame, cause I love the ideas I've seen so far and it really looked like it had a lot of potential. Sad :/

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • It looks really good and the first few minutes I had were really very fun, but it quickly found an end. After the Articuno thingy, when you cross the first cave, there is a trainer with 2 rock pokemon. Defeating him makes the game freeze in a black screen. Right after this guy the trainer had the same problem. I tried with restarting etc., but nothing worked. I just went past him without a fight to the psycho that teleports, and didn't use it at first. But the next trainer would freeze the game again. Than I chose to use the psycho, ported on the other side and went backwards. First trainer worked after beating, but the one right after him again froze the screen, so I ragequited. It's really a shame, cause I love the ideas I've seen so far and it really looked like it had a lot of potential. Sad :/
    I just tested all of the trainers on Route 2, myself, and nothing seems to be wrong with them. What emulator, and which Pokemon were you using?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    I've been playing the demo and I really like this hack, what I don't like however is the fact that Salazzle back sprite is just a recycled back sprite of Krookodile.

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2017
    Hello, I would like to report bugs, but being new to this forum I do not know if this is the appropriate place to do so. (I still will type them here)
    -After linking through my emulator another emulated game and attempting to exchange pokemon, I got a black screen at the pokemon exchange room.
    After the aforementioned bug, I got a much Worse one:
    -I cannot start a new game, as the starting sequence with the pokemon that creates portals not showing up to teleport me.
    Apart from that, I really love your rom, and hope you'll keep developing it!

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • Hello, I would like to report bugs, but being new to this forum I do not know if this is the appropriate place to do so. (I still will type them here)
    -After linking through my emulator another emulated game and attempting to exchange pokemon, I got a black screen at the pokemon exchange room.
    After the aforementioned bug, I got a much Worse one:
    -I cannot start a new game, as the starting sequence with the pokemon that creates portals not showing up to teleport me.

Thanks for the feedback! Bugs are fine to be posted here.

In the current alpha most things relating to the second floor on the Pokemon Centre are rather buggy. We hope to have this fixed in an upcoming version.

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • Nice Rom Hack! But I have an Question:How does Haunter evolve? Because I'm training one for the full release.

Haunter evolves with an item called the Link Cable. More information is in the Readme file.

Also, training a Haunter for the full release is not the best use of your time as there is probably no chance that the current alpha save will be compatible with the full release.

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
    Years
  • Ah, I just completed my Wedlocke of the demo and it was really cool! Cutiefly had plenty of uses, which is pretty rare in SuMo.

The Final team was:
    Gibson the Male Gible X Vincent the Male Vanillite
    Jaden the Male Makuhita X Sunseeker the Male Electrike
    Miles the Male Buizel X Barry the Male Cutiefly

Too bad they might not be able to continue, tho.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I've been playing the demo and I really like this hack, what I don't like however is the fact that Salazzle back sprite is just a recycled back sprite of Krookodile.
    It was a temporary sprite.

I left all of the scripts regarding linking the same as the original, so I can't help you with that unfortunately.

You need to manually delete the save file from wherever your emulator keeps the save files.
    Thank you!

Looks very promising. I'm gonna check this out later.
    Thanks!

Ah, I just completed my Wedlocke of the demo and it was really cool! Cutiefly had plenty of uses, which is pretty rare in SuMo.

The Final team was:
    Gibson the Male Gible X Vincent the Male Vanillite
    Jaden the Male Makuhita X Sunseeker the Male Electrike
    Miles the Male Buizel X Barry the Male Cutiefly

Too bad they might not be able to continue, tho.
    I'm glad you enjoyed. Sorry about the compatability. So many things need to be moved around for the final version, it would have been impossible to maintain compatability. That's why the game is left as an Alpha and not a Beta.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2022
    I am really excited for this. Hoping for your success.

Hope you wont give up on this :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Could you by any chance share a gba file with us? (I don't specifically know whether sharing a rom hack is prohibited, just that sharing an official pokemon game is) Seeing as somehow my mac isn't able to patch this game. Would really wanna try it :D

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • Could you by any chance share a gba file with us? (I don't specifically know whether sharing a rom hack is prohibited, just that sharing an official pokemon game is) Seeing as somehow my mac isn't able to patch this game. Would really wanna try it :D

Unfortunately, I don't think that we are allowed to post patched roms.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2017
    Do you have any idea of a possible release date or at least how much is completed currently?

Back