• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • I'm having trouble finding where to get mega evolution to get into thunderclap mountain. Can I get some help?
    Open the start menu and it will tell you where to go.

I wanted to claim the special distro Floette but the green delivery man says Mystery gift system can only be accessed once you defeat Pokémon League :( that doesn't make me happy
    See my post above on why this was changed.

Hi so I just did got out of meeting Arceus and am very confused on what I am supposed to do and where to find Jax. If anyone could help that would be great. I am loving this game a lot so far, and really want to complete it. Thanks

So I figured out how to get inside mt thunderclap but now I'm stuck where you can't see but have to move the boulder to the switch to open one part of the electric gate but I can't find the second one. Is there flash or something? It's so annoying not being able to see where I'm going. Pls help
    That puzzle isn't mandatory for the story. Flash is never needed during story events. If you don't have Flash you likely missed it earlier on.

Ok idk what jax wants me to do in the distortion world with the rocks/strength?
    He wants you to solve the puzzle.

I'm having difficulty getting past the maze with the trainers on the left side from the entrance in the 2nd gym, I can't work my controls properly (doesn't help with my arthritis), is there an easier way of navigating past the trainers in the upper narrow corridor? I'm using MyBoy on my tablet. I would hate to give up because I'm too slow to navigate the controls.
    The key is to walk along with those trainers. Having auto-run on is essential for an easier time here. If you run right as soon as the roughneck starts walking right, you can get in the hole below him (he actually moves slowly enough you could walk over to it). Once he passes the hole again, run out and stop a few tiles down. The burglar will stop one extra space on the right allowing you to run behind him and get in the next hole. Once he passes the next hole you follow the jogger to the end, go in the final hole, and come out once the jogger moves to your left. It's less about getting the timing right here and more about understanding their movement patterns.

Previous time I found the 3 Unova Starters somewhere in the incomplete unbound.

So can u tell where are they in the complete version
    Same place.

Question: Can Sneasel be found at Route 1 or the Icefall Cave? I know it can only be found at night earlier in the game, but I don't know which exact location??? Or can it only be found at Frost Mountain???
    I believe it's only in the Route 8 area at night.

Has anyone made it to the
    Spoiler:
    You need to solve the puzzle.

Are Froakie and Cosmog available in this game ?
    If yes where can I catch them ?
    Froakie: Not saying
    Cosmog: Post-game, It'll be fairly obvious where.

Quick question! Will this hack work on ReGBA? This is my only method to play Unbound on my RG350P handheld, as it is right now.
    Never played on that, but I don't see why not! Unless it's a bad emulator (like Eclipse for IOS), it should work fine.

I am struggling to cover the trap in Crater gym , have already tried many times.
    Is there any trick or a easy way to do that ?
    See above.

Hi. Do you have a complete list of items location for this game?
    Not as of now, no. Your best bet for finding items would be to explore the game or collaborate with others.

Hi! Loving this game so far, but I'm stuck and I need some help. I'm apparently supposed to
    Spoiler:
    Could you help me please? Thanks in advance!
    Where you started.

I am confused on what to do after heading to the Ruins of Void and those events. I have looked everywhere. Does anyone know where to go after that pokemon brings you to the realm and tells you to do a re do? I am trying to look for Jax but have no idea where he is. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Thank you for the help! If it doesn't bother you, can I ask if the Banettite is available? If yes, where can I find it? And also, where can I find a Shiny Stone? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    Hey skeli can you tell how much is the difference between all difficulties especially default

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Hey can anyone tell me if ability swapping (either via item or some helpful NPC) is implemented in this hack, and if so where?
    I'm trying to get a Simple Numel but 8 wild ones in a row were Oblivious and they're rare enough on the first route they are on... (and the documentation says they should have SImple ability too lol). So it'd be great if there is ability swapping.
    Also, thanks so much for the maker of this amazing hack. I've been playing hacks since my first one an actual physical cartidge at some shady flea market back in the day, and this is the first hack I've played in years that I plan on catching EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, so that goes to show just how amazing of a job the author did. Thanks so much!

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    So basically, I've been able through the power of sheer stubbornness was able to get ALL THE WAY to and gotten 7th gym badges. Now I'm pretty much stuck again and rather not spend another 30 minutes looking. So there's the grunt you need to get past that paralyzes you once you get in his line of sight ( or speak to him yet I assume most would do the former ). So I ask what would you have to do to find something to blind him ( I haven't checked mission yet this the last time it was vague in my opinion ) ?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    I don't think the maze in the second gym was created taking into account the unresponsive controls of an emulator for android. I understand their patterns, but my character just doesn't move when he is supposed to. I think I will have to quit until I can access my pc again, in a month or so. It is a shame because the hack has been brilliant so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Try using https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

There are none. And if you try using walk-through-walls, your game will crash. I advise staying away from all cheats. If you're struggling, switch to Casual.

Yeah, so that was originally intended, but since people were finding the base difficulties confusing, this has been changed. Now, difficulties can only be made easier. If you want to play any of the challenge modes, you'll need to tough it out from the bgeinning.

Razor Claw is in the mountain near where you can find Sneasel. It may require some HMs to get.

1. Yes! Mainly in Raid battles and certain difficult Legendaries, but there are two Missions late in the game that use it as well.
    2. Yes! Bewteen the 4th and 5th Gyms.
    3. Yes!
    4. Nope

Yes!

Surf is in Dehara City. Just explore and you'll find it.
    The locations of all the TMs and Missions are recorded in the Mission Log, so I recommend collaborating with others to help find ones you missed.

In Dehara City

UPDATE
    v1.0.1 is out!
    Well, it certainly has been an interesting first day and a half, to say the least. There have been far fewer bug reports than I anticipated (which is a good thing), but there were a couple of things that needed changing to clear up some confusion.
    - Mystery Gifts can now only be received after completing the game. The gift mon being level 50 was messing up the level curve for plenty of people, so this can now only be obtained later. In the future, there may be additional gifts that can be picked up at the start of the adventure.
    - Early Rival battles on the insane difficulty are now more reasonable. This was actually a bug, but I still found it really funny that people would pick the difficulty that's meant to be impossible for most people and get upset when they lost the clearly impossible battle.
    - Difficulties have been renamed. "Default" is now known as "Difficult", "Hard" is now known as "Expert", and "Easy" is now known as "Casual". Casual is also now the initial option. There was some disconnect between how I thought people would want to play vs how they actually did, so hopefully, by placing the easiest difficulty first, this should help significantly.
    - The former "Default" (now "Difficult") difficulty is no longer accessible after starting the game on Casual. As Difficult is now considered a challenge mode, you must stay on it throughout the entire game (until all options are unlocked in the post-game).
    - The base obedience level before Gym 1 has been increased to 24. Should help when people accidentally level-up Quacker too much and lose access to a reliable Defog.
    - Alternate options in the Options Menu have been made much more prominent. There are multiple pages of options, but people seem to be too used to the FR UI and are missing the additional ones.
    -Fixed some softlocks and other minor bugs.

I just want to mention one more thing. If you don't want a tough time in the first Gym (and any subsequent Gym for that matter), either play on Casual or play the game fully. Using fast-forward and skipping things on any difficulty besides Casual will probably lead to you wiping out multiple times (which was the intent). The game is meant to encourage higher levels of thinking and exploration, so it can be extremely rewarding to you if you take the time and explore, while it can be extremely punishing if you try to rush through it. This can lead to the first Gym coming down to a battle with the RNG if you don't use any of the numerous things given to help you get around the mechanic there. This applies less in Casual, though, as that difficulty was balanced more like a GF game, so it's expected that you'll probably skip most NPCs and Trainers on the setting.

Hey Lord of Rings, so I Downloaded and played upto choosing my Starter in V 1.0.0 ! So, I selected the Default difficulty mode..... Will it become Difficult mode if I repatch the Pokemon Unbound Patched.gba ?? I dont wanna play on Difficult really, and also Can I actually start from my Savepoint in Shadows base after choosing my starter ?? I want to play on Casual, but I selected Default in V 1.0.0 !

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I don't think the maze in the second gym was created taking into account the unresponsive controls of an emulator for android. I understand their patterns, but my character just doesn't move when he is supposed to. I think I will have to quit until I can access my pc again, in a month or so. It is a shame because the hack has been brilliant so far.

It could depend on the kind of Emulator you are using. The suggested emulator is Myboy. Most of the other GBA emulators on the playstore tend to have very clunky and delayed movement reponses.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    Hi Skeli, thanks for all your work. Please could you assist with a bug I'm having?

On route 2, when you battle the 2 girls (first double battle, I think) when a pokemon faints it is not being switched out so the battle cannot be completed. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Holy shit, awesome! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I can't wait to play!

I just finished up my first run of the main story and man, this was absolutely incredible. I can't wait to do postgame, mess around in the Battle Frontier, and do many more runs. This is by far the best hack I have ever played, and I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you've put in over the years!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, I'm sorry for posting so frequently, but can someone please tell me where i can find a dewpider? I'm already two badges in and at Crater town atm. I'd really love to use one! Thank you in advance!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    @Skeli , I bow to the Lord of rings, and I have a small Question to ask, are the Difficulties just renamed, or the actual Level of Difficulty is changed ?? Also, pls atleast give a Hint when or where we can get Froakie ( Like between 5-6th Gyms or shortly after having access to megas etc.) Also, is the Costume box available in V 1.0.1 ??

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Hey, I'm sorry for posting so frequently, but can someone please tell me where i can find a dewpider? I'm already two badges in and at Crater town atm. I'd really love to use one! Thank you in advance!

Hey there, be sure to check out the discord. You're free to ask questions there and you will probably get way faster responses!

https://discord.gg/k34Jm4T

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    @Skeli, thanks for your reply... In the end I got my daughter to help me through that portion. The controls on the tablet are somewhat clumsy and even though I knew what to do (figured out the timing/movement like you mentioned) I couldn't work my controls quickly enough. So my adult daughter helped with that portion.

I'm enjoying the game immensely, I am a little behind some people because of work etc but I play as often as I can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I don't think the maze in the second gym was created taking into account the unresponsive controls of an emulator for android. I understand their patterns, but my character just doesn't move when he is supposed to. I think I will have to quit until I can access my pc again, in a month or so. It is a shame because the hack has been brilliant so far.

I had the same trouble... See Skeli's reply to me but as I mentioned I had my daughter help me in the end. I hope you can continue. Good luck!

Back