• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Also, how do I get inside the Battleground house in Seaport city? The guy said only members are allowed in?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Well I am super close to figuring this out. I downloaded the main game of Unbound, but in UniPatcher it says the patch file is an unknown patch file, it is saved as a .rar for some reason, is this how it should be?

You have "unrar" (unzip) the file first, then follow the instructions given. You need a squirrels firered.gba as a base since unipatcher will overwrite it with the unbound information in the file you downloaded from here.

Check the unbound discord channel, there are detailed instructions on how to patch using an Android device (I'm using MyBoy on my Samsung tabA).

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    I would like to report a potential softlock. It happens after you talk to Jax about going to Tehl Town through Route 10. After he leaves, I am still stuck in the cutscene and can't do anything. I haven't seen any of the Youtubers playing this game encounter this issue, so how can I prevent this?

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • I'm sorry, but I have a right to feedback in this sort of case. I've spent a large amount of hours on this game at this point and to have to throw it out the window because of one thing is ridiculous.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Pastebin is blocked in my internet provider, could you paste It at github ?
    The changelog is included in the download.

If I have already finished the missions which rewards has been changed (pe electivire or pokedex) can I have the new rewards?
    If the rewards could be obtained elsewhere it's too late to receive them. Since items like the Shiny Charm and Oval Charm are one-time only, save files have automatically been adjusted to account for the changes.

Can you please tell me the route 10 theme? It's really amazing.
    Uhhh I think it's one of the DPPT lower region themes.

but after beating my head against the Flying gym for like 15 whiteouts, I wussed out and lowered my difficulty level. any chance of a cheat code/save edit thing to move it back up? i know it's intended, but i'd rather not start the game again...
    In the new version you raise it back up to Difficult at max. But if you clear the game, you can play on New Game + where you can freely change difficulty at will! Technically allows for more than the original four combinations I intended.

uhhhh, yes there is? for whatever reason plot-based legendaries scale and it's horrible.
    I assume you're talking about Reshiram and Zekrom? There was a bug in 1.0 and this has been addressed.

How do I get the ticket to Glimmer Isle? Found a guy in Seaport who sell it but it cost like 99999999999$?
    If you can legitimately afford that I'll tell you

Also, how do I get inside the Battleground house in Seaport city? The guy said only members are allowed in?
    Not in the current version, I'm afraid.

I would like to report a potential softlock. It happens after you talk to Jax about going to Tehl Town through Route 10. After he leaves, I am still stuck in the cutscene and can't do anything. I haven't seen any of the Youtubers playing this game encounter this issue, so how can I prevent this?
    Please update to 1.1.1.

UPDATE

v1.1.1 is out!
    I fixed bugs from yesterday and made minor adjustments. I highly recommend downloading immediately due to the game crashing bug fixes.
    • Jax's Cinder Volcano team will change in the Marlon fight if you overlevel for Insane
    • Slowpoke has been added to Route 3
    • Teleport checkpoints have been added to the post-game Claydol puzzle
    • Fixed: Some items and Pokedex data will be transferred over to a New Game even if NG+ isn't selected
    • Fixed: Going up the waterfall on Route 4 can cause clipping through a Lapras
    • Fixed: The game will crash after the Sky Battle with only one Flying mon
    • Fixed: Starter's perfect stat isn't being recalculated immediately
    • Fixed: Fly interacts weirdly if there is no target on the field after the user is in the air
    • Fixed: Biking is possible in one of the Seaport City houses
    • Fixed: Trick Room is not disabled after a permanent Trick Room battle
    • Fixed: Selling Berries turns the quantity in the Berry Pouch white
    • Fixed: Visual bug with one of the Antisis Port barriers
    • Fixed: Safari mons don't change after running from them
    • Fixed: Ditto copies the foe's Hidden Power when it should use its own
    • Fixed: Keen Eye ignores lowered Evasion too
    • Fixed: Some areas in the Blizzard City don't have collision

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello, I "accidentally" advance my OS time in order to catch all daily swarm pokemon, but I lose also the daily grotto and also the monthly mystery gift how can I change it back?plss...

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • lmao now i kinda feel bad, didn't even think it might've been a bug

EDIT: Nope. They still scale and because I had to overlevel they're floating at 76. Luckily I got bailed out by the Rival.

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    So I don't know if I'm just being stupid or what but this is a fire red rom hack right so I would need to use NUPS patcher to play this. when I open up NUPS it doesn't show me the Unbound patch. what am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    Hi guys i am playng your hack for some days now and i must say im loving it.
    The art style, the huge world and the edgy story make the gameplay delicious. All the modifications of the engine are amazing, really, you guys nailed it. It feels better than a game made by gamefreak while having the taste of the old pokemon games in it.

I'm on the sixth gym playing on insane difficulty and still didn't ev trained any of my pokemons, (i feel like the boss battles are pretty much like a puzzle and i modify my team for it) which takes me to ask some things:
    There is any way to implement level caps in the game? this would be a huge quality of life feature for so many things:
    1st: It would lock out potentially overpowered evolutions/movesets out of some gyms, which would help with the difficulty curve (principally on insane)
    2nd: It would make gaining exp and having exp boosted pokemons not punishing (I feel like i'm avoiding every trainer battle i can because i dont want to overlevel my pokemon and have to grind exp carefully so everybody gets on the same level)
    3rd: It would Incentivize players that are playing on Insane to have fun while battling trainers
    4th: It would make teams more dynamic and help people use different pokemons instead of having to go to a grindfest everytime you change a team member. ( i even started to go on boss battles with 1 or 2 underleveled pokemons holding lucky eggs because i did not want to suffer the pain of grinding again).
    5th: It would help people to ev train without having to think about overleveling your pokemon

Which goes to my second question, what are your position on having really powerfull (and quick) ev training methods early game (like a macho brace that yelds 8x evs)? I kinda of avoid grinding too much like the plague so i would do any additional quest to be able to do it painlessly,.

Anyway, thank you so much for all the work your team had put on this game
    . Im having way too much fun fighting the boss fights and coming with ways to fuck up the AI.
    Best regards
    Cadu

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    2 questions

Question 1 : Where can I get more blue shards or farm them off of a Pokémon held item using DexNav?

Question 2 : Can I evolve my Rockruff into a Dusk Form Lycanroc and if so how?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • lmao now i kinda feel bad, didn't even think it might've been a bug

EDIT: Nope. They still scale and because I had to overlevel they're floating at 76. Luckily I got bailed out by the Rival.

Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]
    I assume you're playing on the easiest difficulty? The bug was that the Rival wouldn't scale up with you in the difficulty. But now, like you said, since he scales properly, he's able to bail you out.

So I don't know if I'm just being stupid or what but this is a fire red rom hack right so I would need to use NUPS patcher to play this. when I open up NUPS it doesn't show me the Unbound patch. what am I doing wrong?
    You need to extract the compressed file. The patch is inside.

Made an account just to post this lol, fishing in Frost Mountain with a Super Rod, gonna come back later and see what happens if I use a Master Ball!
    Please update to the latest version.

Hi guys i am playng your hack for some days now and i must say im loving it.
    The art style, the huge world and the edgy story make the gameplay delicious. All the modifications of the engine are amazing, really, you guys nailed it. It feels better than a game made by gamefreak while having the taste of the old pokemon games in it.

I'm on the sixth gym playing on insane difficulty and still didn't ev trained any of my pokemons, (i feel like the boss battles are pretty much like a puzzle and i modify my team for it) which takes me to ask some things:
    There is any way to implement level caps in the game? this would be a huge quality of life feature for so many things:
    1st: It would lock out potentially overpowered evolutions/movesets out of some gyms, which would help with the difficulty curve (principally on insane)
    2nd: It would make gaining exp and having exp boosted pokemons not punishing (I feel like i'm avoiding every trainer battle i can because i dont want to overlevel my pokemon and have to grind exp carefully so everybody gets on the same level)
    3rd: It would Incentivize players that are playing on Insane to have fun while battling trainers
    4th: It would make teams more dynamic and help people use different pokemons instead of having to go to a grindfest everytime you change a team member. ( i even started to go on boss battles with 1 or 2 underleveled pokemons holding lucky eggs because i did not want to suffer the pain of grinding again).
    5th: It would help people to ev train without having to think about overleveling your pokemon

Which goes to my second question, what are your position on having really powerfull (and quick) ev training methods early game (like a macho brace that yelds 8x evs)? I kinda of avoid grinding too much like the plague so i would do any additional quest to be able to do it painlessly,.

Anyway, thank you so much for all the work your team had put on this game
    . Im having way too much fun fighting the boss fights and coming with ways to **** up the AI.
    Best regards
    Cadu
    Level caps are a mixed bag because at the same time, like you said, they lock you out of the OP movesets. Insane is all about OP and ridiculously difficult, so you want the ability to learn as many great moves as possible. That being said, I watched some videos of the new Insane today, and even with a team of level 100s, the battles so far are looking tough. If you don't like how fast you're gaining levels, you can always turn off the Exp. Share in the Options Menu! If you want to have fun just battling Trainers, I recommend Expert. There's nothing ridiculous there, and it should provide a fairer challenge.

New EV training methods were added in the latest version! If you download and read through the changelog, you'll be able to see what was added.

2 questions

Question 1 : Where can I get more blue shards or farm them off of a Pokémon held item using DexNav?

Question 2 : Can I evolve my Rockruff into a Dusk Form Lycanroc and if so how?
    1. You can smash rocks in the Great Desert or mine for them in the post-game. There are also "hidden" shards underwater in the post-game.
    2. Please the evolution doc linked in the FAQ.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi, is there a way to grab the TM in the Icicle Cave B1F, the one with the ice skate puzzle ? Could somebody help please?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    Spoiler:

Wow thanks for the reply. I am now currently opening the changelogs to look for tips to get this marvelous ev training methods.🙃

Well about the overleveling i must say that the exp share option on is the only thing keeping me sane during this playthrough because it keeps every single pokemon of my party around the same level.

The thing that is making me suffer with grinding is that i like to have multiple pokemons besides the ones on my main team and having a level imbalance (because of how the enemies scales to the highest level pokemon in my party) is pretty detrimental in boss fights.

I am seeing myself more often than not grinding my pokemons at the trainers house so they can catch up with leveling or boxing pokemons for the sole reason that they leveled way too much compared to the rest of the team.

@edit i think that even you dont enforce it ( like other hacks do) it would be amazing to have an option of max levels in the menu which would make the exp gain above it impossible.

And, still, thats just my opinion based on my playthrough on insane, maybe other people have different opinions about it. Still enjoying this game a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    How do I update my current save file (1.0) to the latest version (1.1)? I'm using OpenEmu and Multipatch on Mac.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello I think there is a problem when trading to between different characters (ex. your main save file to NG+ file) when initiating the trade it become disconnected. I tried it also with my friend and got the same result but you can still battle and use link local in my Boy.. please help..

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    hello i am having issues with my unbound i don't know if i did something wrong i got NUPS patcher i got fire red gba a was able to patch it successfully and loaded the rom hack onto visual boy and it shows the entire unbound intro but the moment i press start it says wrong save type type what do i do and i cant advance from there

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • How do I update my current save file (1.0) to the latest version (1.1)? I'm using OpenEmu and Multipatch on Mac.
    Just patch a new FR file and replace the old GBA file with the new file having the same name.

Hello I think there is a problem when trading to between different characters (ex. your main save file to NG+ file) when initiating the trade it become disconnected. I tried it also with my friend and got the same result but you can still battle and use link local in my Boy.. please help..
    Trading in East Borrius won't work

hello i am having issues with my unbound i don't know if i did something wrong i got NUPS patcher i got fire red gba a was able to patch it successfully and loaded the rom hack onto visual boy and it shows the entire unbound intro but the moment I press start it says wrong save type type what do i do and i cant advance from there
    Change the save type on your emulator (Google it) to Flash 128k.

UPDATE

v1.1.2 is out!
    This is moreso for the insane people, but I fixed a few important bugs as well. If you're going for a HOF, you must update to v1.1.2! I will know if you didn't.
    • Evasion boosts have been removed from the Battle Sands
    • Gyms 6 & 7 have been made slightly harder on Insane
    • General Insane polish
    • Sucker Punch has been reduced to 70 BP
    • DexNav search levels will carry over to NG+ too
    • Fixed: Error upon losing Hoopa battle on Insane
    • Fixed: Oval Charm not being received upon clearing Extreme Hyperosmia
    • Fixed: Tessy never appears at the Magnolia Cafe even when she's supposed to
    • Fixed: Bootscreen says 2020 instead of 2021
    • Fixed: A Poke Ball can appear above a rock in Thundercap Mt.
    • Fixed: Dive is constantly given by Captain Davy in NG+
    • Fixed: Shellos East Eggs have a ridiculous hatch cycle
    • Fixed: Transformed Pokemon can use Z-Moves
    • Fixed: Alice's text is partially broken in her Mission string
    • Fixed: Evolving a Pokemon through battle can sometimes have the wrong background
    • Fixed: Potential softlock in dark version of Vivill Warehouse top floor scene
    • Fixed: Typo with Rival outside Crystal Peak
    • Fixed: Setting poison doesn't appear as no effect on the move menu against Poison- and Steel-types
    • Fixed: Certain Gem Family members can walk away from you
    • Fixed: Typo in Communist Revolution string

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • I changed the save type for my emulator (VisualBoyAdvance), but it still says that it's the wrong save type. I changed it to Flash 128k, and yet it's not working. I've patched it properly, and I've never had any issues with ROMs, patching, or save types before. Is there another emulator that's been shown to work better than VBA? Or should I try to repatch it? I can also take some screenshots if need be.

Edit: It's working just fine now! I switched from VBA to mGBA, and it's running wonderfully. Guess my VBA is acting up. Either way, now I can enjoy the game, and I look forward to playing it!~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I'm currently waiting for the final release to play this game, because I know that I'd find a way to screw up transferring my save file from one version to another, but oh my goodness, the wait is really hard! I can tell from the talk about this game, that it has turned out to be as exceptional as we all hoped it would be! I believe that you could have a very successful future in game development, if you want it.

I'm still so grateful to you, Skeli for putting all this hard work and dedication into making a fantastic game for us fans, asking for nothing in return, except maybe our thanks. So...thank you, Skeli! I wish you'll have fun, great luck and favor in finishing this game!

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    I'm not getting a compressed file that needs to have something extracted from it when I download it, it looks like a normal patch.

Back