• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Are you stuck there on the ladder? If so, I don't think that would be an emulator based issue. That should be reported to the discord (on the main post)

No, I can walk just fine. With the comparison with the video online, it seems the missing tiles are around a small area with a pool of water that looks inaccessible, although I don't know for sure. I'll use the discord to report it, in any case.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    No, I can walk just fine. With the comparison with the video online, it seems the missing tiles are around a small area with a pool of water that looks inaccessible, although I don't know for sure. I'll use the discord to report it, in any case.

Hm. Well, Skeli also may have updated the map. I'm sure you can check in Advanced Map and see if it's supposed to look like that.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, I am new to this so I am a bit confused...

Do I need to download both downloads separately or can I just download the Battle Frontier Demo and play the game as well? Or Download 1.1.3.1 and after I beat it download 1.4.5.1 ?

Thank you

mertis

the mert that was
    Years
    • him/he/them/they
    • canada
    • Seen Jul 18, 2021
    Hello, I am new to this so I am a bit confused...

Do I need to download both downloads separately or can I just download the Battle Frontier Demo and play the game as well? Or Download 1.1.3.1 and after I beat it download 1.4.5.1 ?

Thank you

The battle frontier demo is different from the main game

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    I'm wondering, will there be compatibility with pkhex or PKSM sometime down the road? Or is that just not feasible? Is there any other way to export Pokémon from an Unbound save?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I'm wondering, will there be compatibility with pkhex or PKSM sometime down the road? Or is that just not feasible? Is there any other way to export Pokémon from an Unbound save?

I highly doubt the CFRU based hacks will ever see compatibility with save editors. Unless PKHex/PKSM update to support the saves structure, don't expect it to work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Well guys. Just did my playthrough of insane on a normal new game and must say that the level cap and the normal type trainer made a lot of difference when grinding for levels (i really hoped that the post game would keep the level cap so i could avoid lot lf grinding, though, but thats just me being salty).

Still i found a little annoying having to deal with a parafusion trainer when leveling, since it wasn't challenging enough to be fun and it was just making me hate that milk drinking ahole a timesink.

I found it interesting that the trainers at the trainers house could give evs, but they are nowhere near efficient, so if you are not grinding for levels it is still better to do it grinding for vitamins or with wild pokemon. Even with access to a macho brace at the third gym i actually postponed ev training as i could. I dont know what it could be done, but i got a pokerus right after the normal gym leader that changed my life made ev training significantly easier. Maybe make it (a pokemon with pokerus) a static encounter by the time you get to the normal gym? It would be right at the moment that we would start thinking seriously about ev training anyway.

One thing that i was really interested in testing was the new move tutors at the KBT expressway. But i found that getting the resources (gems) and actually using them was close to impossible, even if you had access to the new game + ADM. Gems are a very scarce resource and it would be necessary hours mining or days of hidden grottoes encounters to have enough for a specific move (if you dont reset). It feels easier to "simply" beat the elite four and collect bp for the moves you are after at the battle frontier.

Now i understood what was annoying me about the AI predicting switches... its the fact that in certain situations it actually "predicts" a switch after you did your play, and not before the players end his turn. I think its really nice that you guys are thinking strategies for the ai deal with pivoting but it would be nicer if it was done in away that the player wouldnt need a perfect check for the oponent pokemon or waste a turn using protect so you can get rid of the predicting powers of the ai.

I really liked what you guys did
    with the changes on the the map and the trainer encounters at thunderclap montain. The zapdos fight was way more challenging and the grunts on the way didnt make me waste revives because of counter/destiny bond. The map at the top got really nice as well.

Well, still discovering lots of things in this game and loving it. The exploration factor in this game is truly like no other. (Sometimes i wanna avoid some puzzles like the plague cough, cough, tomb of borrius) and the sheer amount of useful stuff added to the game are just amazing. ( i love having access to the base stats of my mons at my pokedex).

You know what type of challenge would be really nice in my opinion? Something like the white tree or the black tower of black 2 and white 2. That was an amazing post game puzzle/content. I would kill for a remake of that. (Just saying, after all i think you guys have a lot of ideas to what implement on the game, like cube corp and science society).

Anyway. Thanks for the game. I loved it. Hope i get the chance to play a lot more of quality games like these.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2021
    I am having a really tough time getting a Kingdra. I have given it a dragon scale and also tried using a link stone but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2021
    For the love of god can someone please explain what does the level cap in options menu do, or rather what each setting does? I`ve been trying to find anything online and just cant find any info..
    Btw, it seems the author has been registered exactly 6.9 years, naicuuuuu :D

Update: Nvm its in the FAQs, my bad :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    I am having a really tough time getting a Kingdra. I have given it a dragon scale and also tried using a link stone but nothing works. Any help is appreciated.

You need to use the dragon scale, not give it to them. If that doesn't work then you might wanna bring it up in the discord, in case its a bug

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, after the Alolan Ninetales and Crabominable Mission, I beat the whole game and noticed the sleeping Crabominable was still in the forest.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Can anyone confirm that the AI "cheats" on Insane Mode, specifically in the big battles like gym leaders, admins, rival, etc?

By "cheats", I mean the AI knows your move selection prior to choosing its move. I'm almost positive it does, based on some simple testing.

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Hello!

I'd like to play Pokémon Unbound hardcore mode but with removing the 510 EV cap. I know how to do it on regular Fire Red but it doesn't work on Unboud. Any clue for Unbound or CFRU?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: And is there a way to teach egg moves and change abilities and natures or you have to breed new mons?

Last edited:
    Back