• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm pretty sure a wild Pidgeotto wasn't pressuring my Smeargle. I tried Mind Reader and it's affected by the same bug. I used a PP Max and can now use it close to five times at least.

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
    Years
  • Tryna install CFRU and getting this over and over

root@McPC:/mnt/c/Users/McPaul/decomps/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade# python scripts/make.py
    File "scripts/make.py", line 25
    def MakeOffset0x100Aligned(offset: int) -> int:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    ^ Pointing to : after offset.

This getting anoying cand someone help me please? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @McPaul

Post this in the thread of the CFRU please. This thread is specifically for Unbound.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Tryna install CFRU and getting this over and over

root@McPC:/mnt/c/Users/McPaul/decomps/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade# python scripts/make.py
    File "scripts/make.py", line 25
    def MakeOffset0x100Aligned(offset: int) -> int:
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    ^ Pointing to : after offset.

This getting anoying cand someone help me please? Thanks!

Getting problem with extracting? Just download the zip file directly from censored web and u can just play it on the emulator without doing any change like extracting, etc (u may change the zip file name).

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    So, I just want to leave my thoughts on this, having played to the point where I'm about to challenge gym #4, but... I'm having trouble with wanting to continue. I started on Difficult setting, but I turned it down to Vanilla when I realized 90% of "Difficult" over Vanilla was level scaling so that it's impossible not to be under-levelled for big battles (Candice in particular was what really clued me in to the ramifications of it, with her Mamoswine being a guaranteed five levels above you). But that's just a small gripe I can deal with by just setting the difficulty to Vanilla.

But in truth, it's the plot that's driving me away. Reborn suffered this problem, and it's gotten its fair share of ripping apart over it. But the player character in Unbound so far feels like a paper cut-out anytime the battle screen isn't up. They don't react to anything. Including stuff they really, really should. The bit with the package early on is a mildly irritating Idiot Ball, and I honestly should have recognized it as a sign of things to come. The player character is utterly helpless to prevent anything from happening, even in situations where they realistically should have the power. We win a battle, then the bad guys turn around and say "nope, didn't matter, I still win." In one case, almost literally!

The moment that really sealed it for me was the scene I just witnessed on Route 9. I'll spoil it just in case, I haven't looked through most of this topic.
    Spoiler:

In short, I'll quote a little exchange me and a friend had when I got angry about this and ranted about it: "I JUST WON THE F****** BATTLE, I HAVE THE POWER HERE." "No you don't. The story has power. You don't have s***."

It feels bad. Pokemon games are supposed to be a power fantasy. That's why the NPCs in official games are so universally dumb - so you can swoop in and be the hero. Instead, I've been turned into a cardboard cutout watching someone else's power fantasy, and I don't get to do s***; one of the (many) grievances I've seen people make against Reborn. My victories mean nothing. So I ask you - why am I even here?

EDIT: To make one clarification: mechanically, I adore this hack. It's got so many features that have made me happy. This has nothing to do with this game's technical prowess. It is 100% about the plot.

Last edited:

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    So, I just want to leave my thoughts on this, having played to the point where I'm about to challenge gym #4, but... I'm having trouble with wanting to continue. I started on Difficult setting, but I turned it down to Vanilla when I realized 90% of "Difficult" over Vanilla was level scaling so that it's impossible not to be under-levelled for big battles (Candice in particular was what really clued me in to the ramifications of it, with her Mamoswine being a guaranteed five levels above you). But that's just a small gripe I can deal with by just setting the difficulty to Vanilla.

But in truth, it's the plot that's driving me away. Reborn suffered this problem, and it's gotten its fair share of ripping apart over it. But the player character in Unbound so far feels like a paper cut-out anytime the battle screen isn't up. They don't react to anything. Including stuff they really, really should. The bit with the package early on is a mildly irritating Idiot Ball, and I honestly should have recognized it as a sign of things to come. The player character is utterly helpless to prevent anything from happening, even in situations where they realistically should have the power. We win a battle, then the bad guys turn around and say "nope, didn't matter, I still win." In one case, almost literally!

The moment that really sealed it for me was the scene I just witnessed on Route 9. I'll spoil it just in case, I haven't looked through most of this topic.
    Spoiler:

In short, I'll quote a little exchange me and a friend had when I got angry about this and ranted about it: "I JUST WON THE F****** BATTLE, I HAVE THE POWER HERE." "No you don't. The story has power. You don't have s***."

It feels bad. Pokemon games are supposed to be a power fantasy. That's why the NPCs in official games are so universally dumb - so you can swoop in and be the hero. Instead, I've been turned into a cardboard cutout watching someone else's power fantasy, and I don't get to do s***; one of the (many) grievances I've seen people make against Reborn. My victories mean nothing. So I ask you - why am I even here?

EDIT: To make one clarification: mechanically, I adore this hack. It's got so many features that have made me happy. This has nothing to do with this game's technical prowess. It is 100% about the plot.

I like to see people comment about the story XD. I must say that the story walkthrough is actually one of the best story in my opinion, but the same that I still can't accept some action like u mentioned before, especially when we fight zeph in the first time XD. But I'm not too bothered about that.
    Well, everyone have their own suggestion to make this game better, and for me, I'm more like to see other characters taking action in the story. Like Mel who once help us get ride of the shadows in thundercap Mt. And the mysterious Vega that we though as a traitor but in the end he actually helped us. And I'd like to see how's mirksle if we helped police catch him, maybe I quest from a gang to free mirksle due to his uncommon ability? Well i dont want to spoil much so it'll make new player more like to see how it ends. Reflecting from other game, in pkmn Dark violet (gbahack), the first gym helped us get ride of team rocket in pewter museum. In the original game of pkmn B n W 2, the first gym cheren helped us a lot by dealing with team plasma, and that even make him like our rival. And in USUM, there was Annabelle who joins in international police and helped us dealing with rainbow rockets...maybe u can make Candice in blizzard city to doing the same?
    Well that's from me, still this was a very best hack :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I have a question. After the Member Card, I go to the Tarmigan Inn and after catching Darkrai, I wasn't able to go in the inn anymore. Is that supposed to happen

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    This seems cool so far.

One question, what is the difference between EXP Share and Capped Share?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    This seems cool so far.

One question, what is the difference between EXP Share and Capped Share?

Experience share is when all Pokemon in your party even those who didn't participate in battle (against NPCs and wild Pokemon) will get experience points and they go to up to whatever levels you want to battle the gyms. Capped share is the same except all party Pokemon can only level up until a certain point depending on how many gym badges you have. Beyond that point Pokemon will get very little EP. Example:. Pokemon will only go up to level 20 before the first gym before they become disobedient. (I think there's a guide on capped share either here or on the discord channel. - I can't recall). Good luck!

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Experience share is when all Pokemon in your party even those who didn't participate in battle (against NPCs and wild Pokemon) will get experience points and they go to up to whatever levels you want to battle the gyms. Capped share is the same except all party Pokemon can only level up until a certain point depending on how many gym badges you have. Beyond that point Pokemon will get very little EP. Example:. Pokemon will only go up to level 20 before the first gym before they become disobedient. (I think there's a guide on capped share either here or on the discord channel. - I can't recall). Good luck!

So, if we already have all badge, capped share will be the same like exp share?

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    No. E4 and Champion is capped to 75. Caps will be removed after E4 defeat tho.

What does "removed" means? What will happen if I activated capped share and my teams level near 100 (around lvl 95)? Will the exp gain the same as if I activated exp share?

Years
  • What does "removed" means? What will happen if I activated capped share and my teams level near 100 (around lvl 95)? Will the exp gain the same as if I activated exp share?

Simple. You won't get any exp points because you are above the cap. Just like I said, post game removes level caps so even if you are running capped share in post game it will now just act as a regular gen 8 exp share.

N

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Simple. You won't get any exp points because you are above the cap. Just like I said, post game removes level caps so even if you are running capped share in post game it will now just act as a regular gen 8 exp share.

Owh...ok...thx for the information :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    Skeli your game is incredible! But can you pls make mareanie available before the postgame? I think is the only pokemon that is impossible to catch before winning the league. And also, is my favourite pokemon :C

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Best game so far, but can you not complete blazing emerald mission in version 1.1.3.1 ?
    You can. I completed it. How many did you find? You have to search the whole peak, and slide the things correctly

01. B1F This Emerald was found on B1F beneath a blue crystal
    02. B1F This Emerald was found in the small room on B1F beneath a yellow crystal
    03. 1F This Emerald was found in the large room on 1F beneath a red crystal
    04. 1F This Emerald was found in the large room on 1F beneath a yellow crystal
    05. 1F This Emerald was found in the large room beneath a blue crystal after exiting and re-entering the room
    06. 1F This Emerald was found in the left room on 1F beneath a blue crystal
    07. 1F This Emerald was found in the right room on 1F beneath a blue crystal
    08. 1F This Emerald was found in the right room on 1F beneath a red crystal
    09. 2F This Emerald was found in the room at the top of the cliffside beneath a red crystal
    10. 2F This Emerald was found in the room at the top of the cliffside beneath a red crystal

Dunno why 9 and 10 are the same on mission log

Last edited:
    Back