• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen today
    Anyone close to Skeli can confirm if another Unbound release won't ever happen (because of that mentioned DMCA issue) or is it only postponed until sometime (far) in the future?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Hi I'm playing on a psp with TempGBA4PSPmod emulator and it has problems with framerates if the bgm is on. does anyone have suggestions that I can do to resolve this problem?
    I'm running a psp-2000 02g 6.60 PRO-C2 at 333/166 MHz

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    Hi I'm playing on a psp with TempGBA4PSPmod emulator and it has problems with framerates if the bgm is on. does anyone have suggestions that I can do to resolve this problem?
    I'm running a psp-2000 02g 6.60 PRO-C2 at 333/166 MHz

found this for psp's

https://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?searchid=8145499

now my question is, is there a way to downgrade sample rate of the music used on this rom. if what's causing the lag is the BGM.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    found this for psp's

https://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?searchid=8145499

now my question is, is there a way to downgrade sample rate of the music used on this rom. if what's causing the lag is the BGM.

I used to play most things through a PSP a while back. Remember, the 1001 series only has 32 MB of ram and the others have 64. That and its max clock speed is 333. I'm surprised it even runs advanced hacks like Unbound. Is the emulator still being worked on? I used to play on gPSP.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I doubt this'll get answered. But I'm having some kind of glitch with the bike race in Tehl Town. Whenever I try to start it, I can't move after they say GO and I get almost immediately timed out. I don't know why this is, I haven't messed with the time on my game or anything, at most all I've done is use the speed up button in battles.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I have limited experience in programming, but I assume it might be possible that the speedup messed with the in game time. Like running the game faster than the clock and the clock "running in the past" and the race timer getting set to a maximum time limit.

May I ask if you use save states? These save RAM states, including time. Most of the time it resets after loading and getting a new time value, but if I had to guess, the emulator might not setting that properly.

I would recommend saving the game normally (not via save state) and restarting the emulator, loading the normal save file.
    If that doesn't work, try a different emulator or even a different PC/phone/device. Also make sure you use the normal save file where possible. (There usually is a .sav/.srm file in the same / a similar folder for the regular save)

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2022
    I used to play most things through a PSP a while back. Remember, the 1001 series only has 32 MB of ram and the others have 64. That and its max clock speed is 333. I'm surprised it even runs advanced hacks like Unbound. Is the emulator still being worked on? I used to play on gPSP.

yes we all are surprised that it can run gameboy advanced games. and heck Unbound is heavy and can still run it albeit it has some issues here in there mainly the slowdown when using the BGM. nope they stopped working on it in 2016 here https://github.com/phoe-nix/TempGBA4PSP-mod/releases

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2021
    Just a question. Learned about the game but I'm not very good at doing ROM's and such.

I've got mGBA and the unbound file and a Fire/Red file. When I try to do the patch an existing file part it says it fails and idk what s going wrong or what really to do. I didnt see any info on how to do this on the page and there next to no youtube videos out there

Could anyone possibly help? I'm just trying to play on my computer

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Just a question. Learned about the game but I'm not very good at doing ROM's and such.

I've got mGBA and the unbound file and a Fire/Red file. When I try to do the patch an existing file part it says it fails and idk what s going wrong or what really to do. I didnt see any info on how to do this on the page and there next to no youtube videos out there

Could anyone possibly help? I'm just trying to play on my computer
    Use NUPS and make sure you have FireRed version 1.0, I think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2022
    Anyone close to Skeli can confirm if another Unbound release won't ever happen (because of that mentioned DMCA issue) or is it only postponed until sometime (far) in the future?

It's gonna happen. There was even a post in Discord and the reddit of the changelog so far for 2.0. Just no ETA on it but it's still gonna happen apparently

momoriiii

gible&oq
    Years
  • hey, just want you to know that I really love this romhack, just want to know how to get a shiny starter without cheats, I mean when do i save, or where do I look first to confirm if it is shiny? Thank you, hope this one get responded.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I have to actually set aside time to update this thread tomorrow, but in the meantime, 2.0 (dubbed "Unbound Platinum edition") has arrived! The download link is in the original post.
    Changelog: https://pastebin.com/4tqBqZZe

Some notes:
    • Your saves will only carry over if you've completed the game. If you haven't, you'll need to complete it on the old version before continuing on the new one (I've left the old download on the PokeCommunity thread).
    • The Costume Box will be automatically added to your Cube, but you'll need to choose your outfit colours again by choosing the default player from the Costume Box.
    • You'll most likely be forced to the Bellin Town Pokemon Centre upon accessing the new version, so there's no need to save anywhere special before updating.
    • If you've alredy completed A Life of No Regrets, you can pick up the new reward from the Gambler in the Game Corner.
    • You can obtain the Sinnoh starters in Dehara City, even if you previously obtained the Hoenn starters.

momoriiii

gible&oq
    Years
  • You have to check summary for the starter, pop-up window won't show shininess (it will for any gifted pokémon after the starter though).
    Save before picking the starter, go through all the texts and check summary when possible.

Thanks for the response, i appreciate it so much. luckily, skeli made it possible to see the shininees, it's super cool

Years
    • Seen today
    Please update the FAQ (when you have time for it) that tells us which Pokemon are still not obtainable in 2.0. I checked the changelog but couldn't find the info there. Cheers

EDIT: Never mind. There are 7 Pokemon not obtainable. It says in text document called "Main_README"

Last edited:
    Back