• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Upon starting a new game of the new 2.0.0 version I was informed that my emulator will cause my game to crash.

What's the recommended emulator for Android? Thank you..

(I use John's GBA emulator.. )

Years
    • Seen today
    Dear Skeli, dear Unbound development team members,
    I would like to congratulate you on an important milestone of releasing the Platinum version 2.0 of Pokemon Unbound. I've been monitoring the progress of the project for the entire year, and also I've had an absolute blast playing version 1.1 of the game.
    Even though I have barely started playing 2.0 (and yes, I'm starting on a completely fresh save, and I actually recommend anyone who wants to experience 2.0 in full to do the same), and I have to mostly go by the change log to determine just how many things have changed since 1.1, I can say that the outcome is indeed incredibly impressive and it can be regarded as a milestone in Pokemon ROM hacks.
    I would like to say that the project has indeed grown greatly over the last year. The technical prowess demonstrated in coding Unbound 2.0 is amazing and astonishing, but I don't only mean this in the technical sense of the word - it has grown as a project, as an experience, and as a community of players. The Discord server is a great and welcoming place, the game documentation is very cleanly made and very straightforward to follow, and the atmosphere of both playing Unbound and talking Unbound on Discord is a thing that needs to be experienced.
    I can only imagine how many (hundreds? thousands?) of hours went into the creation of Unbound and in bringing it to the state it's currently in, all the way from the previously demonstrated pre-Alpha to version 2.0 Platinum, but I know it must have been a whole lot. Every single aspect of the game demonstrates quality - the great visuals, amazing audio tracks (dozens, even hundreds of them), classic and yet refined Pokemon gameplay - so recognizable and yet so special somehow. Borrius has become a believable Pokemon world of its own, the only thing it's missing, I think, is its own anime/manga, which it absolutely deserves. It's also highly replayable - not only in the sense that 2.0 brings with it a whole fresh experience, but in general - so many difficulty levels, options, gameplay modes, and so many ways to play. Also, so many things to do when it comes to missions and events, it literally takes hundreds of hours to complete the content already in Unbound.
    Also, this is the perfect demonstration of just how much you can pack into a 32 MB GBA ROM. An actual GBA game, by the way, playable on real hardware, without resorting to any hacks that would make it emulator-only. I played through the entirety of 1.1.3.1 on my 3DS, and I'm looking forward to doing the same with 2.0.
    A big thanks to every single member of the team and, of course, to Skeli as the leader and the prime coder of the project! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all of you, lots of creative inspiration, and best of luck in your future updates (which, it looks like, will also come, since there are yet more places in Borrius to be discovered as time goes by! :) ).

- Agetian

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there anywhere where I can find the documentation of all the trainers in the game? Specifically I'm looking for expert mode for a hardcore nuzlocke.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    its a christmas miracle
    what is Cube Corp and why should I wait for another update to finish its interior?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    will it break the save to use an older version's save file? I am at gym 4 and would like to play on the newest version if possible

Years
  • will it break the save to use an older version's save file? I am at gym 4 and would like to play on the newest version if possible

You need to complete the game on the older version first, then you can use your save for the latest version. I would however recommend start new game on the newest Version since there are some change especially for the storyline

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    really good job, Thank you for developing this game. I hope that in the future there will also be multiplayer features such as emerald multiplayer. so I can play soul link nuzlock randomizer with my friends. Soul link will be fun.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2022
    Kudos to the creators. I really love the game to the point where I even made an account just to ask questions i normally dont care enough to need answered lol. I'm new to the whole Rom patching and updating thing. I got it patched and working but how exactly do I get my old data onto the new update? What exactly is meant by I must "complete" the game first? (Give me steps if possible please or a link to the steps/vid.) Id hate to lose my shiny eevee i just farmed for. Thank you guys in advance.

P.S. I have unlocked NG+ and gotten the ADM. I have not confronted all of the legendaries though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Wow ! I was curious about the 2.0 Update , Oh boi I'm not dissapointed ( just started a new game ) the graphics are much much better ! I really love the update visual of the Main Character . You guys rock ! I was excited about the sandbox mode since I hate grinding for EV/IV but saddly there is no post game but hey the game looks amazing ! Thanks for ur hardwork !

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    heyo, can someone tell me where the lopunnite is located? cant find it anywhere

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2023
    Is there any way to get more dive balls after using the 10 you get from a mission and the hidden one? I need one to complete the daily grind mission

Back