• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hey this game great but I have a problem. Since I'm playing in my phone I can't patch the game. Question is: Is there a way to have the full game ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello, I just wanna know about the update of pokemon abilities in old generation,. do they really exist in new generation or just some kind of alteration in this hack game?(because I can't find it on bulbapedia).
    I'm just curious..

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    I battled Route 2 Mega Trainers Mathis and Vivian. However, Vivian's data is registered in the trainer catalogue, but Mathis's data is not. Please fix the bug.
    unbound-v2.0.2.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    they do not is that only in post-game? I'm just before the league and I have 71% of the cells. do I need to find them all or something? I've not found any cores at all so I assume they're not around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Bruxish. How the hell do I find this ****ing fish. according to the dexnav the species has gone extinct and I haven't pulled one after probably ~150ish tries.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    If this has been asked and answered then I apologize (new here) but are you planning on finishing Cube Corp?

PS This is an amazing game. I've played threw this a bunch of times so far and plan to make new teams and keep going. Personally I have an issue with some of the "boss rules" (getting SLAUGHTERED by ground elite 4 o expert with my pure water team rubs me the wrong way but thats my own personal thing) I can't say I'm a fan of but outside my own personal issues this is an insanly amazing experience and game. 10/10 hands down the funnest pokemon game I've played to date. (Also is there a way for me to just have the music tracks? Some of the boss music SLAPS and I want to listen to it on repreat)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bruxish. How the hell do I find this ****ing fish. according to the dexnav the species has gone extinct and I haven't pulled one after probably ~150ish tries.

Check Route 9 and Tehl Town and use Super Rod.

Hi for some reason after I beat the rival on route 12 he didn't give me garchompite. Is there some other place you need to get it? All of the guides says you get it there. Did it change with the new update?

If you're playing on Vanilla or Difficult you can obtain the mega stone at Shadow Base, located at Frozen Heights. On higher difficulties, you need to complete the Crystal Peak battles (much further).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    Hi, I started playing Unbound recently and am having an issue with the pokemon menu in-game. When I click left (on the keyboard) it moves down instead. I've checked the control configuration in my VBA emulator and made sure both buttons are only mapped to their respective keys for both WASD and the arrow keys. WASD works, but is inconvenient for my setup, while the arrow keys display this issue. I've tried googling this issue and can't find any information. Does anyone know what's happening and how to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    umm it won't detect the realtime clock on my pc even when i made sure it was enabled. it said to use a different emulator in the intro screen. i use vbam.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    umm it won't detect the realtime clock on my pc even when i made sure it was enabled. it said to use a different emulator in the intro screen. i use vbam.

Hey, I've had this happen as well, not sure though if it was on VBA-M. I solved it by setting the save flash size to 128k as it is referred in an issue on the VBA-M github here:
    https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/issues/324
    You might wanna double check every setting mentioned there though.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Skeli scusa la domanda ma l'interno di cube corp sarà completato nel 2.0.3?
    Nope, sorry! That would be for more of a bigger update like 2.1 or 2.2.

Can I be a beta tester for the game? This is my favorite rom hack and I need something to do.
    Nope, sorry! I don't need testers right now. When I do need, I choose my own, and they're usually picked because they have some skillset I need.

Skeli I know you rarely reply here but in rare occasions you do, any idea for how much longer you plan to support Unbound? I mean the game's already finished and at a state that can't be "remastered" or "enhanced" like it was from 1.1.3.1 to 2.0. All that is left is some minor bugfixes but that's about it and of course whatever you feel like adding to post-game.
    Who knows haha
    I would like to be done with it at this point and try my hand with other projects, but I just can't get away ahaha
    But in terms of another full on game revamp, I don't think 2.0 will need one, fortunately :)

I want to do some self-promotion and share my run of 2.0.
    Hey, these were great! I watched them both in their entirety! Thank you so much for sharing! If you do anymore, feel free to post them here again!

Hi, would you consider adding the character hair colour/skin tone changing feature in the coming update,
    dont want to restart the game to change my character appearance all over again. please.
    Potentially in the future I'll add a hairdresser :)

I noticed that it's possible to softlock the game in the Blizzard City mission where you rescue the kid wearing the Pikachu costume. Right above where you find him, there's a Battle Girl running from left to right, and there's a small nook that you can trap yourself in with the Battle Girl not being able to move out of the way because either the player or Willy is blocking her path. Since the player won't have Fly when the mission is first available, the only way out is to use Teleport (I'm not sure if it's allowed when an NPC is following you) or to reset the game to a previous save. I think this could be fixed by simply moving a tree or a rock around by one tile. It shouldn't be too much of an issue, though, since it's only possible if the player intentionally traps themself.
    Hey, thanks for reporting! This was actually fixed in 2.0.2, so make sure you update the game as soon as you can!

First time poster here, just wanted to say that this is by far the best ROM Hack I have ever had the pleasure of playing. The overall quality is downright insane, and I legitimately cannot find any other hacks that even come close to holding a candle to Unbound.

As I have been injecting the hack onto a .cia file for 3DS portable play, I have been holding off on starting a new game, as when the final complete update with the Cube Corp. interior comes around I do not know how (if even possible) to transfer my save over to the new updated .cia file of the game I will need to create. I just wanted to ask- does the final update have any tentative release date window in mind in the next weeks/months?
    Thank you so much for the kind words :)
    It's definitely possible to transfer your save file over, just see this page for instructions on how to.
    I can't give any potential release window, unfortunately, because literally anything could happen between now and any date I give haha

The game is so great that I literally created this account just to talk about it's greatness.
    Thank you so much! I'm glad you did that :)

If this has been asked and answered then I apologize (new here) but are you planning on finishing Cube Corp?
    Yup! These things just take time haha

PS This is an amazing game. I've played threw this a bunch of times so far and plan to make new teams and keep going. Personally I have an issue with some of the "boss rules" (getting SLAUGHTERED by ground elite 4 o expert with my pure water team rubs me the wrong way but thats my own personal thing) I can't say I'm a fan of but outside my own personal issues this is an insanly amazing experience and game. 10/10 hands down the funnest pokemon game I've played to date.
    I'm glad you've been enjoying it despite the setbacks!

(Also is there a way for me to just have the music tracks? Some of the boss music SLAPS and I want to listen to it on repreat)
    The music team has been uploading their songs, and when they're all ready, you can get the whole album here! In the meantime, their YouTube channels are all listed in the Discord server, so you can find the songs there!

New Trainer Catalogue Bug! Cousin Duo and Mother&Daughter Duo to the grassy area on Victory Road!
    Thanks for reporting! This should be fixed in 2.0.3. Just talk to the one that's missing, and they should battle you to fix the problem.

UPDATE
    v2.0.3 is up! This version fixes several bugs that popped up in the last couple of weeks (including the game crashing ones), as well as adjusting a few other minor things (the changelog can be found with the download). I hope for this to be the last patch until 2.1, so you won't have to worry about updating again for a while after this one! (Not to mention it takes less than a minute to update.)

Back