• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    My apologies if this was asked before but how can I evolve my Pikachu into an Alolan Raichu in v2. 1.0?
    I tried standing at most seashores with the water splashing but it doesn't work. Does the time affect the evolution because it did not work at night.

steeleel

Oi Sasuke! You me Roival?
    Years
    • Age 23
    • He/him
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Would this game work if installed on a new 3DS? In my experience the system can run most if not all GBA games perfectly but since this is a hack / seems pretty beefy I'm a little cautious. I would play on the computer but playing games on it hurts my hands

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    Would this game work if installed on a new 3DS? In my experience the system can run most if not all GBA games perfectly but since this is a hack / seems pretty beefy I'm a little cautious. I would play on the computer but playing games on it hurts my hands

It runs well as far as I've seen. Just make sure to change the ROM Save Type to "Flash 1Mbit (Macronix, ID: 0x09C2) + RTC". It'll tell you to do so if you start it up without doing so, but it's better to know before hand so you don't gotta download it twice.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2023
    Hi! I really enjoy the Battle Frontier demo, although I noticed that in Random battles you can only keep the first pokemon you choose once the battle is over, instead of the three like in the originals, and I wonder if you're thinking of implementing that option in the future?

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hello, I really like this Hackrom, but I didn't understand how I can change my pokémon, I'm on the most updated version and it asks me to use a kind of "Unbound Cloud", How do I manage to trade my pokémon in Trade?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, I really like this Hackrom, but I didn't understand how I can change my pokémon, I'm on the most updated version and it asks me to use a kind of "Unbound Cloud", How do I manage to trade my pokémon in Trade?

Unbound Cloud is gonna release soon. this will be the only way to transfer pokemon from one Unbound save to another (or from an Unbound save to another CFRU hack save). Trust me, I'm waiting for the serice to be publicly released too

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    Fantastic game - I really love the starter choices as I never use Larvitar often and I love ice type pokemon so its great to have access to some so early on in the game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Hi everyone, I've been playing the Battle Frontier for a while but I'm still missing the different Lycanroc and Oricorio forms, how do I get them?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • UPDATE
    Pokemon Unbound v2.1.1 has been released! The original post has been updated to reflect this.
    Changelog: https://pastebin.com/2SnXNHRz
    A few things things that I want to point out:
    • Battle Tower & Circus random 3v3 & 4v4 are now Battle Factory-esque. This means that after each battle you'll be offered your new random team from a combination of your previous team and either part of or the full previous opponent's team. This resets after each special Trainer.
    • The artist kwenio now has an honourary non-battleable NPC in the dev house.
    • This version is necessary in order to enter the new special code on the original post that can unlock Gen 8 mons in the post-game and in NG+

Years

• I cannot seem to open the changelog since Pastebin is unfortunately banned in my country. Can somebody copy and paste the changes in 2.1.1? Preferably in spoiler tags. Or can somebody archive the site using Wayback Machine?

That said, this is my favourite hack and I deeply enjoyed playing this so far. I played this romhack the most in 2022, so that is something.

Edit: here is the Wayback Machine (Internet Archive) link: http://web.archive.org/web/20221108114730/https://pastebin.com/2SnXNHRz

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I cannot seem to open the changelog since Pastebin is unfortunately banned in my country.
    The changelog is also included in the zip file download!

HOTFIX
    I had to update to 2.1.1.1 to fix a crash that'll prevent you from fighting your Rival at a certain point and progressing in the story. Sorry!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2022
    Hey, hopefully this isn't a hard request. There was a move added to SwSh and LA DLC called Flip Turn? I thought it makes a neat build for Starmie. Any interest in adding it? I suspect you get tons of requests for addins, no pressure.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hey, hopefully this isn't a hard request. There was a move added to SwSh and LA DLC called Flip Turn? I thought it makes a neat build for Starmie. Any interest in adding it? I suspect you get tons of requests for addins, no pressure.

I think I may have seen it taught by a tutor in the Battle Frontier (post game only). Some moves are exclusively available there.

Years
  • the rare candies and masterball cheats don't work anymore. any help with this?

They do not work since version 2.0.

Instead of Rare Candy cheat defeat the trainer at the top left of Dresco Battle House. On at least Difficult difficulty he will bring an Audino, a Blissey, and two others. Equip your mons with Lucky Eggs, and you can farm them from wild Pelippers. Defeating them will give you huge experience and levels. And for infinite money, fight the top right trainer, he will have six different Dark-type mons.

Instead of Master Ball cheat, try and catch the mons with appropriate balls. Lower their health and optionally status them (sleep or paralysis; as burn, poison, and frostbite deplete their health which you do not want), and depending on how many turns you spent or it is dark or not, use the appropriate ball. Quick Ball if at first two turns. Dusk Ball at night or in a cave. Timer Ball if more than ten turns have passed. Net Ball if you are about to catch Water- or Bug-type mon. Or finally Beast Ball if you are about to catch an Ultra Beast (Nihilego, Buzzwole, etc.). You can buy more Master Balls at postgame if you go to Cube Corp. and trade your 30 type gems, but I do not think it will worth it.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    I'm currently finished new game+ sandbox mode, I cannot move from battle frontier

how can I get mega stones and z-crystal that I previously skip?

I also want items that like dna splicer, fusing necrozma with solgaleo, etc. how can I get them?

Back