• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon XY: Naturia Version [11-04-14: Begin + BETA 0.1]

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@Glitch Kitty:
Also Ankit says, that "bug" is intentional, so use of it.

The problem with the overworld it is difficult to me fix in outdoors, so I'll leave for a while.

@Shaw.ankit1:
The problem with ALL Move tutor was fixed.

@ablahblah987:
The problem with Magikarp, Scyther and Onix was fixed.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
@Glitch Kitty:
Also Ankit says, that "bug" is intentional, so use of it.

The problem with the overworld it is difficult to me fix in outdoors, so I'll leave for a while.

@Shaw.ankit1:
The problem with ALL Move tutor was fixed.

@ablahblah987:
The problem with Magikarp, Scyther and Onix was fixed.

FYI to everyone: The Download on the first page was updated even though the version number has stayed the same.

The .ips was last updated today at 5:15 PM Eastern Time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
It also seems that when breeding the baby always inherits the ability of it's "mother"...I am breeding my super luck Togetic with the shiny Ditto and the non shiny ones all inherit super luck...but I want Serene Grace instead...I had the same problem when I tried to get a Technician Scyther from a mother with Swarm and a Magic guard Clefairy from one with Cute Charm...I had to catch one with the opposite ability...But I can't do the same with Togepi...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
FYI, again, the Download on the first page was updated even though the version number has stayed the same.

The .ips was last updated on 02/17/15 at 11:17 PM Eastern Time. Thanks! :)

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@Glitch Kitty:
A post before explaining the rules of abilities, but again I say.
The game only assigns abilities on two occasions, when a Pokemon enters battle for the first time or catch a wild pokemon, for this reason when a new pokemon born, no has ability and can do what Ankit said in facebook, equip the pokemon with the Everstone and send him to battle; with this retain his hidden abilitypermanently.

@ReddestDream:
Thanks for notify, the bug that was solved is the Telepathy ability.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I think you don't quite understand what I mean...

I know that battling with a newly hatched pokemon reveals its hability. My problem is that when I breed pokemon the baby always ends up with its parent ability after its first fight it doesn't get assigned the other.

Let's say I have a pokemon with ability 1 that I breed with a Ditto, and I want a baby with ability 2. I can't because the baby will get assigned ability 1 like its parent after its first fight.

From what I understand pokemon get their 1st or 2nd ability depending on IVs...I thought they were random (The Ivs I mean), but it seems too not be the case when breeding...Are we more likely to inherit IVs wen breeding in G/S/C or am I just unlucky ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
@ReddestDream:
Thanks for notify, the bug that was solved is the Telepathy ability.

@com3tiin

Could you let us know from now on with a quick post whenever you update the game?

It's hard to tell when you don't change the version number and you just update it your DropBox (no update to the post itself).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Ok apparently battling is broken now...and it's even worse than moves only doing 1 damage...We can't even attack...

The program for that hack seems very sensitive...fixing something seems to break its fragile equilibrium and causes other glitches...

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@ReddestDream:
I Ever notice them with a post when I update, but today was the only exception because I did at night and I thought notify them in a few hours.

@Glitch Kitty:
In this point the Battle System is very sentive, one bad change can affect many mechanisms. I'll check it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Forgive me for being frank, but I don't think adding Abilities in (aside from Pickup, that is) was ultimately a good idea. It's no surprise that most of the major glitches started happening after Abilities were added. Gold's code was just never meant to have stuff like Abilities, which is why most of them aren't working properly.

Sorry to say it, but if you want to have Abilities bad enough, it might be better to switch to a FireRed base or something. (And, yes, you can still use 8-bit graphics on a Gen 3 base if that's what you prefer.) It's your hack, though, so you can do what you want.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
So I went back to a previous version of the ROM and breed some pokemon and I have to report two oddities:

1) Shiny Scyther hatched with Foolproof instead of Excalibur
2) the Weirdest one. Breeding a Shroomish results in a level 5 Mew with Vine Whip. And if you do it with a shiny Ditto you can get a shiny one.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
Okay just joined up so I can get in on the conversation

@com3tiin - I love this hack. Although frustrating at times because of the inherent difficulty you programmed in, super fun nontheless. Sprite work is great too.

Now onto the glitches...

Running version from 3 days ago:
- Move tutor who teaches headbutt glitched game (download the version that you said you fixed and still glitched)
- Helioptile using Sunny Day in trainer battle in National Park glitches game
- Inkay using swagger outside Lake of Rage town glitches game
- Scyther does not evolve holding metal coat (level 23, gained 2 with metal coat held)
- *WEIRDEST BY FAR* I traded myself a Scyther holding metal coat from a different save of mine, and it turned my character into a female (was a male). Overworld animation and trainer card look female, character appears male in battles O__o

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@BettyNewbie:
Well that's your opinion and is very respectable.

It is very rare that in my two years hacking you are the first to recommend me change the base. If I do things just "being easiest" I would not have as innovative hack as is the Naturia. The bugs are normal, it's part of the learning process, it's important not to give up.

I love GBC♥

@Glitch Kitty:
1.-Ya antes habian reportado bugs similares y la constante es Foolproof. (Scizor + Foolproof = invencible XD)
2.-Mmm interesting, I thought that this type of error had solved before ... Although now that you mention it, something happened to Mew data that were corrupted and barely notice it!! Maybe it's that.

@Yung_Joey:
Thank You!! An honor you play my game and you like it.

1.-Maybe the problem is the dwongraded rom.
2.-Reported.
3.-Reported.
4.-This bug is fixed in new versions.
5.-Online features not recognize the things that I've changed, it's normal.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
It is very rare that in my two years hacking you are the first to recommend me change the base. If I do things just "being easiest" I would not have as innovative hack as is the Naturia. The bugs are normal, it's part of the learning process, it's important not to give up.

It's really quite impressive what you've been able to accomplish with a Pokemon Gold base . . . O.O

I'd hate to see you switch to a GBA game base! Great work so far!

I love GBC♥

Me too! ^^

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Updated download.

I think I've repaired the battle system. I say "think" because I had no time to test.

Edit: The problem with mew is solved. It was very rare to see corrupted data of mew, maybe some hacking tool so I cause.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
Not sure if I did something wrong with the patching, but I just downloaded using the link on the main page and applied the IPS to my Pokemon Gold Rom, as well as the Rom bundled in your zip file and both times it's just a buggy version of stock Pokemon Gold. (Doesn't even have your intro graphics).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 11, 2024
Not sure if I did something wrong with the patching, but I just downloaded using the link on the main page and applied the IPS to my Pokemon Gold Rom, as well as the Rom bundled in your zip file and both times it's just a buggy version of stock Pokemon Gold. (Doesn't even have your intro graphics).

It appears that the IPS patch does nothing (same checksum as the stock Pokemon Gold ROM; com3tiin probably made it backward).

The included ROM is the updated version of the game on its own (don't patch it).

Hope this helps! :)

Edit: Looked again this morning. IPS patch is still broken, but the ROM has been renamed to match what it was before (0.4.1). ROM is still the same.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
@ReddestDream - Thanks dude, used the ROM and it's working and cleared up my Scyther non-evo bug (Got Scizor now). Trainer is unfortunately still a girl .... but I guess there's no fixing that (Right Com3tiin?)

@Com3tiin - Out of curiosity what does the ability "Alchemist" do? My shiny Kadabra has it. Is it an ability you created specifically for this game because I can't find mention of it in any others. If it was created specifically for this game, and there are others that you created as well can you put together a document of what the abilities should do so we know if they're working? Also have you/will you ever make a document with the locations of all the pokemon in the game? (It can be in spanish if that's easier, we all have Google translate available :)

EDIT: Sorry I just found your doc on the main page. Your explanation of the ability is below--

Name: Alchemist - Alquimista
Effect: If the user's held an item, changes the power and type of the first Normal-type move. Consumed the item after use. The ability will fail if the user has no held item, or if the item is not one listed below:

Does this mean if I give a fire stone to Kadabra to hold, that if he uses a normal attack his Alchemist ability should turn it into a fire attack?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 18, 2016
Ambipom's Overworld sprite haven't been fixed yet. Regarding the battle bug...it's fixed :)

Back