• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    New trailer:

Unless XY&Z is a special series, it looks like the Mega Evolution specials are going to intersect with the main series. It turns out the Greninja form is the result of a rare bond between Ash and Greninja, and hasn't happened in hundreds of years.

This whole thing seems much like a movie to me. I'm thinking it might be a short series, much like the Mega Evolution specials, but we'll see. This looks interesting nonetheless and I'm looking forward to more information.

So , How far will Writer go to keep Megevolution away from Ash ?
    They even created an anime exclusive Greninja just to Get away with giving Shota a Mega Sceptile before Ash.
    Favoritism ruined BW Series , Why haven't Writer acknowledge it yet ?
    I don't give a dam crap about Mega Sceptile being Shota goal , Ash's goal is to win Kalo League but not coming though.
    Truth is , Ash need something like this in Pokemon XY&Z--
    Spoiler:

So far , Only Mega Tyranitar Or Mega Aggron is capable of this .
    Just imagine , Ash riding a Mega Aggron to fight Lysandre and his Mega Gyarados.
    Also , We all know M19 featuring Perfect form Zygarde But now we seeing Zygarde appearing in the TV Series So How Do these 2 event will bend in ???
    Will Ash & Co dealwith a Different Zygarde in the Movie

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I don't think this series is for you. At all. It will probably never cater to you either.

Well , I simply don't like any possibility of Shota getting a Key-stone before Ash.
    I remember How Ash wasn't even ready to control his Charizard and suffered a humiliating defeat at Indigo League because of it (People were bickering at him)
    So , I can't except a Rockey who looks like a 7 year old kid getting a Mega Sceptile in his 1st try just because he is "Tomioka's favorite".
    Same Goes with Alain who gotten So Powerful that only a E4 member or Champion or Evil team Boss can take him out.
    Ash haven't guaranty to reach that level in the next series while Alain reach there in just 1st episode.
    If Writer wants to put Limitation on Ash then thy should maintain Limitation on other character as well. Its painful to watch only Ash maintaining Limitation while other character are free to get whatever they want.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • alain is clearly older than ash and has had experience in mutiple fields just because hes a new character doesnt mean he should be bad

also where did u see shota getting a mega sceptile at all???

greninja form is weird concept unless this is how theyre introducing its mega?

@wobbu it really does seem more like a movie with all this big stuff happening and revolving around a legendary. mb thats good? exciting, anyway.

i guess team flare are focusing on zygarde in this? maybe this is a preview of what pokemon z will give us

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    So the Satoshi-Gekkouga is a special form Gekkouga takes in battle because of it's bond with Satoshi and presumably gives it a power up (just judging from the trailer)? That's pretty much just Mega Evolution under another name. The only notable difference is the lack of a Key Stone. It could even be available in the next Pokémon game (Z?) as a special event, or hint towards what that game has in mind for the Kalos starters down the road.

Wasn't Famon the one complaining that Satoshi didn't have rare Pokémon? Well, here you go. Anyone – even Shōta (presumably) – can get a Mega if they worked hard enough for it, but this is a Pokémon so special and rare that its kind of form has only been achieved once in centuries. Personally, I'd rather Satoshi have gotten Mega Lizardon Y (exactly what do Satoshi and Alan have in common that would make their meeting worth getting excited for, aside from the fact that they both own a Lizardon?) but you really can't say the writers/GameFreak aren't favoring him here.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I think the only reason Ash's greninja is getting a new form is because he has a rival with a greninja so they wanna make em different for that poke league battle , I think mega sceptile is ashes too

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I already can't wait for a full version of the new opening, just from the chorus it sounds really cool, hehe. Glad that Rica is doing an opening again. The last few openings have been good, it's just I think that the vocalists sound cheesy...

I'm glad Team Flare is going to be in the anime at last. Don't understand why they had to wait so long, though.

Doesn't look like Sceptile has the twig in the high-res image, still could be Ash's, though? I mean, it is surrounded by Ash's other Pokemon https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4b/XYZ_poster.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    They already were part of it in the Mega Evolution specials — they just weren't part of the main plot yet.

I wonder if XY&Z is now actually trying to acknowledge its older audiences.
    …nah.

I think the writers giving Ash a special Greninja is an excuse for not granting him Mega Evolution

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • honestly im pretty sure greninja is a mega bc how they put it is he assumes this form because he has a super strong bond with ash and well, this hasnt happened in for ever and ever, right? but maybe it's just mega-evolving without a mega stone on a pokemon not currently known to mega evolve. "not currently" being key; they could certainly introduce kalos starter megas later.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Here's an interesting theory regarding Ash-Greninja:

Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

This could possibly explain why AZ's Floette has a unique color from the other ones, because it has some sort of special bond between it and AZ, and according to the datamine, has around the same stats as an average Florges. It could mean that Ash-Greninja will be stronger than the average Greninja assuming it doesn't constantly get nerfed as the anime goes on, and we might be able to get ahold of it ala Spike-Eared Pichu.

Years

This could possibly explain why AZ's Floette has a unique color from the other ones, because it has some sort of special bond between it and AZ, and according to the datamine, has around the same stats as an average Florges. It could mean that Ash-Greninja will be stronger than the average Greninja assuming it doesn't constantly get nerfed as the anime goes on, and we might be able to get ahold of it ala Spike-Eared Pichu.

It's very interesting, but I hope we can get Ash's Greninja obtainable in the hypothetical Pokemon Z as an event or something. I also hope that we can get an AZ Floette event as well.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

Well that WOULD be an interesting theory... Problem is, AZ's Floette doesn't look like AZ himself. That might not have been the case earlier as we never saw what AZ looked like in full regal attire, but in the present day they just don't really resemble each other. My other balk about that is that the last known Pokemon to have such a bond existed several hundred years ago, but AZ and his Floette existed 3,000 years ago. Of course there may be other Pokemon that have such a bond that we just haven't seen... Which I'm fine with. I like things that have to do with Kalos lore.

But as for the Greninja itself, I'm not sure it'll be released at all. AZ's Floette exists in all the Gen VI games, so it's meant to be an event Pokemon. It even has a signature move, Light of Ruin. But unless hackers haven't been looking hard enough we haven't found Ash's Greninja anywhere, and even if it's in Pokemon Z it'll just be confined to that game. Of course it might be released anyway, as Spikey Eared Pichu was restricted to HG/SS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here's an interesting theory regarding Ash-Greninja:

Spoiler:

But Does AZ really has strong bond with his Floette ?
    He couldn't stop his soldier to from taking Floette by force into the War where it dies.
    That doesn't feel like strong bond.
    Wasn't Famon the one complaining that Satoshi didn't have rare Pokémon? Well, here you go. Anyone – even Shōta (presumably) – can get a Mega if they worked hard enough for it, but this is a Pokémon so special and rare that its kind of form has only been achieved once in centuries. Personally, I'd rather Satoshi have gotten Mega Lizardon Y (exactly what do Satoshi and Alan have in common that would make their meeting worth getting excited for, aside from the fact that they both own a Lizardon?) but you really can't say the writers/GameFreak aren't favoring him here.

Except Ash didn't caught it , He basically created it .
    Its like a Stamp-collector creating a Rare stamp instate of find one himself.
    Pokemon is a Monster-Collecting Genre But it doesn't feel like that anymore. I don't feel the satisfaction of going on an adventure to catch rare & unique Pokemon from Ash-Greninja.
    Also , I prefer if Ash catch a Mega Aggron now Because he needs a "Heavy Lifter"
    alain is clearly older than ash and has had experience in mutiple fields just because hes a new character doesnt mean he should be bad

Alain is older but that doesn't make him experience battler! The Flashback prove that he want on a journey when he was 15.
    Before that he was just a Assistant of Prof Sycamore.
    Unlike him , Ash been traveling for long time and gone though various training and tough challenge So he should clearly be stronger then Alain who just started battling for a year.
    So , Just because Alain is older doesn't mean he have to be so strong that only a Elite Trainer can beat him.
    If writer has no problem in working with that much strong Alain then they shouldn't have problem with Ash being that strong.
    Furthermore , I remember how much humiliation Ash & Charizard had to suffer to learn that human trained Charizard can't be strong as Charicific Valley Charizard which later cause Charizard to leave Ash. So , If Alain Charizard reach same level as Ash's Charizard without training at Charicific Valley then it will make all those Humiliation pointless.
    It would be like showing Ash as such a bad trainer then his Charizard to leave him and train at Charicific Valley to become really strong.
    Sometime , I wonder if its fair for Ash to use Charizard since he doesn't train it.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They already were part of it in the Mega Evolution specials — they just weren't part of the main plot yet.

I know. I just wanted them in the main anime, because although I am enjoying XY, it feels a bit lacking in something to me. Although there are reoccurring trainers, there's no serious rival for Ash, and Kalos contests are a shadow of their former self compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, what with the whole battle segment being cut. And random cooking segments added in. :S

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I know. I just wanted them in the main anime, because although I am enjoying XY, it feels a bit lacking in something to me. Although there are reoccurring trainers, there's no serious rival for Ash, and Kalos contests are a shadow of their former self compared to Sinnoh and Hoenn, what with the whole battle segment being cut. And random cooking segments added in. :S

Well , I think XY Series lacking --

--Ash & his rivals getting on each other nerve.

--No Dynamic Character Interaction among Ash's and his friend. They are totally modest & Polite toward one another

--No Gintama Or Original Series level Humor

--No challenge for Ash to overcome!

--Nobody for Ash to seek acknowledgement from.

--Not using Pokemon for Fun! Pokemon are ether pet or tool for battle.

--No bizarre characters Like Brock or Georgia.

--No bizarre Pokemon like Misty's Psyduck

--No Mysterious and Unique character

--No ego , Selfishness , Ignorance , temper , Immaturity , obnoxiousness , mischief , slyness , stubbornness , bizarre fantasy , disobedience from Ash . He's practically a Saint , Even Teenagers aren't as modest as Ash

--No good script

--No megevolution for Ash

I think there a lot more I can't remember.
    But I recommend A mysterious girl who travel by Arcanine , A Kid that always pick a fight with Ash and A group of Trainer for Ash to seek acknowledgement from.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    there is something that really has bugged me since the whole sawyer vs ash sceptile debate has started and that is if they want to give sawyer mega sceptile so bad then what is the point of bagon other than variety and possibly filler pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    --Ash's Greninja gain a new form during his fight with Bryony's Bisharp

--Lysandre takes an interest at Ash after hearing about his Alternate form Greninja.

--Ash take his New Alternate Greninja to Prof Sycamore lad and meet Lysandre who told him about the Kalo War and Ultimate weapon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The funny thing is that the anime is first to even showing off things like Zygarde's formes. Normally by this point there'd be a game announcement or something to back them up, and the producers would be given just enough information to show off in the show. (Check out Giratina, Kyurem or Mega Mewtwo Y for instances where they'd received limited information about this stuff and thus had to make up stuff of their own.)

I suspect The Pokémon Company are finally giving them information about the next games early. They probably need this to build hype for itself because there's no main-game announcements at the moment and the ratings have been taking a nosedive. Let's hope the producers have started to remember the need to cater to more than just the 5-year-old demographic too…

If there are new information about any upcoming games, it's probably going to be the third main, non-remake game. We won't be expecting any information on Generation VI any time soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Remember this scene--

I use to think this is a future event since Lysandre has a Mega Gyarados.
    This is where my prediction of Ash catching Abomasnow came from.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Remember this scene--

I use to think this is a future event since Lysandre has a Mega Gyarados.
    This is where my prediction of Ash catching Abomasnow came from.

Ok so in just a few episodes Ash is not only going to catch a fully evolved Abomasnow but also mega evolve it ? Seems legit.

Back