• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokémon Yellow Advanced 2019

Years
  • Diglett's Cave still does not lead to Vermilion which forces backtracking.

Huge shame. Very disappointed.

yea kinda disappointing about the Diglett's Cave area but I use a walk thru walls cheat for that specific area to go either to Vermilion or Pewter city (then turn off that cheat before I exit Diglett's Cave)

game can also be downloaded from romhacking.net but no reviews were mentioned there yet

Years
  • yea kinda disappointing about the Diglett's Cave area but I use a walk thru walls cheat for that specific area to go either to Vermilion or Pewter city (then turn off that cheat before I exit Diglett's Cave)

Yeah, you can use cheats. But we shouldn't have to use cheats to get around bad hack design

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Yeah, you can use cheats. But we shouldn't have to use cheats to get around bad hack design

It actually seems that you can't use cheats whatsoever in this rom hack. Yet another extremely disappointing part of this hack's design which makes this game yet even less fun.
    Great to know that you get cock blocked from using cheat codes when you should be able to use them in the first place.

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I don't really understand why I can't use cheats for this game. I mean come on man. Programming a hack to prevent people from using cheats in the first place just makes things super lame.
    All of that dumb silly stuff just to control something. It makes no sense. Reminds me of Pokemon Clover. But instead of getting trolled by a game ruining scene, it just makes it where you can't do jack
    with the cheats in the first place. That's alright, I'll just download a hack that will actually let me have fun with the game instead of cock blocking people from doing what they want.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't really understand why I can't use cheats for this game. I mean come on man. Programming a hack to prevent people from using cheats in the first place just makes things super lame.
    All of that dumb silly stuff just to control something. It makes no sense. Reminds me of Pokemon Clover. But instead of getting trolled by a game ruining scene, it just makes it where you can't do jack
    with the cheats in the first place. That's alright, I'll just download a hack that will actually let me have fun with the game instead of cock blocking people from doing what they want.

You need to learn how Gameshark codes work.

Regular Gameshark Codes rarely work on ANY hack. People have to make their own codes because the game's data shift is different than the base game.

The dev isn't "blocking" you from using codes, all hacks that are extensive are like this... Pokemon Orange (a hack of Crystal), Pokemon Crystal Ultimate, Pokemon Red++, Pokemon Prism, and more... all of these hacks, do NOT work with the codes for the game they are hacked from.

Please do not harass developers because you lack the understanding of how ROM hacking works.

ROM hacking is like replacing the door knob on your front door... the old key (codes/cheats) won't work on the new lock (hack), and you'll have to have a new key (code/cheat) made for it.

Evo-Yellow, another Pokemon Yellow hack, also doesn't work with any Pokemon Yellow gameshark codes or cheats, because the game data is D I F F E R E N T.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Del

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Hey Eric, iit's your old friend again! Is there a possibility to change back spirits as you did in Red Expert for this Yellow Advanced version?

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hey Eric, iit's your old friend again! Is there a possibility to change back spirits as you did in Red Expert for this Yellow Advanced version?
    No! I won't do this, and as for Red Expert, as I mentioned in my post, I didn't change the sprites myself it at all (I don't know how to do this!). It was break who did this, and I used his hack RPE 4.0 as a base mainly for the Gen 2 sprites that he did, since they were beautiful and give Red Expert a different look than the original game (and since Gen 2 is more advanced than the original game, it was truly logical!). I've also corrected the mistakes he made and I did all the other major changes (dialogs, movesets, trainers, story, etc.), so it's completely different than RPE 4.0! Thanks for playing it! ;)

Back