• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokémon you hate encountering

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Anything that can explode or spam annoying status moves. However, as of Sun & Moon I admit to a newfound fear of running into Pelipper in the wild thanks to that one ability... DRIZZLE.

Just had flashbacks to trying to EV train a Feebas in defence - every single time I didn't OHKO Graveler it Exploded.

I used to get into a lot of trouble with Golbat in Emerald and Diamond / Platinum if they had Mean Look and Confuse Ray.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • Magikarp. I'm always looking for something better when I'm fishing and every time I end up encountering a million Magikarp before I get what I'm looking for. Heck, In Gen 1, the only thing the Old Rod caught was Magikarp. I hate Magikarp!

Years
  • Magikarp. I'm always looking for something better when I'm fishing and every time I end up encountering a million Magikarp before I get what I'm looking for. Heck, In Gen 1, the only thing the Old Rod caught was Magikarp. I hate Magikarp!

Doesn't help that with Sun & Moon's changes to fishing mechanics, if you don't fish in a bubbling spot you are almost always guaranteed to keep running into a Magikarp. Heck, even the bubbling spots still have Magikarp in them.

Magikarp has also been in every regional Dex to date barring Unova, so don't expect it going away from our minds for all eternity.

xXLunaSolXx

I hate encountering Pokemon with Arena Trap or Shadow Tag. Diglett's Cave in FRLG is one of my least favorite parts in the game. ._.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Pelipper - Not only does it give bad experience and spam protect but since Gen 6 it will have Drizzle half the time meaning sitting through an animation which even if I just decide to run wastes time.

(Frey)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pelipper - Not only does it give bad experience and spam protect but since Gen 6 it will have Drizzle half the time meaning sitting through an animation which even if I just decide to run wastes time.

That reminds me, it makes training sessions at Poni Gauntlet scary since they are packing Hydro Pump and Hurricane, two moves boosted by rain, and they always seem to use it every single time I switch in someone for training.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Pelipper for me too. They used to be one of my favorites to find, because before they dropped Lucky Eggs. Now...they're just annoying.

Also anything that pops out of nowhere after I use a Max Repel.

Back