• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon you hate/like that everyone seems to like/hate?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I find it amusing that the vast majority of people in this thread say that they don't like Lucario when everyone else apparently loves it. The Pokemon that are the most loved are now the most hated lol.

But I'm not fond of Flygon. Never got why people liked it. STOP ASKING FOR A ****ING MEGA FOR IT. It's just so meh in every way to me; meh design, meh stats, meh movepool. Doesn't help that Garchomp and Zygarde are basically the better Dragon/Ground types.

As for Pokemon I like that most other people seem to hate....there's not one that I can think of. Except for Lucario, if you go by this thread.

NO WAIT THERE IS ONE. Kyurem. Unfused Kyurem. As far as I know, people seem to not like Kyurem. IDK if it's because of it's design or it's seemingly sub-par stats or what the deal is. But I like it. I like the way it looks, and Dragon/Ice is a cool typing. Sure, Ice typing sucks defensively and it doesn't have the raw power of it's fused forms, but it's still not bad (even though its been sitting in BL2). I once had a nice little SmashPass thing goin' with it before Smeargle got its ass banned from UU. Sometimes I even feel a little bad for poor old Kyurem.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    But I'm not fond of Flygon. Never got why people liked it. STOP ASKING FOR A ****ING MEGA FOR IT. It's just so meh in every way to me; meh design, meh stats, meh movepool. Doesn't help that Garchomp and Zygarde are basically the better Dragon/Ground types.

People complain that Garchomp steals Flygon's thunder, well of course he's better than Flygon! He's a pseudo-legendary with much higher stats!

Somehow I've never seen people complain that Salamence got all the attention Dragonite once had, and those are comparable Pokémon. Dragonite is the only pre-Unova pseudo-legendary without a Mega currently. Sure, he got Multiscale which makes him play differently from Salamence, but I think that, for the sake of consistency, Dragonite deserved a Mega, too, in fact, he deserves a Mega earlier than Flygon.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Pokemon everyone loves but I'm not fond of:

Magikarp - This one is blown way out of proportion, just because it's so weak.

Umbreon - Honestly, I think this guy shouldn't have won the Dark-type poll. People find it cute? I personally don't; I find it annoying.

Arceus - Why is this the god of Pokemon? It doesn't even look like a god. It looks like a sloppily designed deer in a hula hoop. Besides, a Pokemon that created everything just feels off to me.

Oshawott - Even though I don't hate Oshawott anymore since Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White, I still find it the ugliest Water starter to date. I love Dewott and Samurott, though.

Herdier and Stoutland - This is mostly because I don't like dogs. And that's saying something, because normally, I like Pokemon dogs. But Herdier and Stoutland are gross IMO, and they tend to be annoying in challenging Pokemon ROM hacks. At least Lillipup is cute.

Emolga - Annoying Stupid Flying Squirrel. Do I need to say more?

Stunfisk - This thing is just ugly in my opinion. It doesn't deserve as much praise as it gets. Hell, it's not even the original derpmon! If you ask me, Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Weezing are the original derpmons.

As for unpopular Pokemon that I love... the Zubat line, the Diglett line, the Chinchou line, the Drifloon line, the Vanillite line, Venomoth, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Exeggutor, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Shuckle, Mantine, Smeargle, Linoone, Ludicolo, Pelipper, Masquerain, Ninjask, Hariyama, Sableye, Wailord, Solrock, Claydol, Cradily, Dusclops, Gorebyss, Gastrodon, Skuntank, Drapion, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Leafeon, Mesprit, Musharna, Zebstrika, Throh, Sawk, Seismitoad, Sigilyph, Escavalier, Durant, Clawitzer, Heliolisk, Goodra, Trevenant, and probably a few more...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Stunfisk - This thing is just ugly in my opinion. It doesn't deserve as much praise as it gets. Hell, it's not even the original derpmon! If you ask me, Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Weezing are the original derpmons.

Lots of people like Stunfisk? I've only ever seen one person who likes Stunfisk.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    Everyone seems to hate Bidoof, Caterpie, Wurmple, Magikarp, scatterbug etc. Im fond of them for some reason lol. Why all the hate?

As for pokemon I hate that everyone else likes is Thunderus, Landerus, and whatever the third one is. They are some of the ugliest things in the pokemon world and are used way too much. Although I like Garchomp's design, I don't like him as a whole.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    The Zubat and Tentacool families are awesome. Sure they're available everywhere, but makes their powerfulness all the more impressive.

Zigzagoon makes a damn good HM slave.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Lots of people likes Chansey and Blissey. They're a ****ing pink blob!!!. And for making it worse, They're stallers!

^dat, okey, they might be cute, but since pokemon crystal I can't stand Blissey. The poor me of my childhood ages got stalled to death in crystal's battle tower.

Years
    I've never really understood the hype behind the Ralts line, I kinda like the look of Gallade's Mega but apart from that I'm really not a fan. Also... I still don't get why everyone lieks Mudkipz, lol xD

As for Pokémon I like, the only one that comes to mind is Skuntank... I don't know if it's necessarily hated but I certainly haven't seen a lot of love for it lol :)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    NO WAIT THERE IS ONE. Kyurem. Unfused Kyurem. As far as I know, people seem to not like Kyurem. IDK if it's because of it's design or it's seemingly sub-par stats or what the deal is. But I like it. I like the way it looks, and Dragon/Ice is a cool typing. Sure, Ice typing sucks defensively and it doesn't have the raw power of it's fused forms, but it's still not bad (even though its been sitting in BL2). I once had a nice little SmashPass thing goin' with it before Smeargle got its ass banned from UU. Sometimes I even feel a little bad for poor old Kyurem.
    Kyurem is a lovely Pokemon! Recently, it became one of my favourite Unovian Pokemon and I have a figurine of it too~ I agree the design is really nice.
    I think it's hated because people think the design looks too much like a chicken.

Also, Heliolisk isn't cared for? Dun worry, I love this thing to bits (it's my third favourite Pokemon). <3 Same with Helioptile, when it was first leaked I thought it was adorable and I wanted it for my Y team (wasn't sure if it was/still is widely hated).

EDIT: Skuntank is a Pokemon I love too! I think it's adorable (also, I love my Dark types)~

I knew I'd miss something.

Years
    Popular pokémon that I don't really like as much:

The GEN I starters. They're pretty overhyped if you ask me (but in that regard, as "original 151 pokémon" are overhyped by people who look for an excuse to dislike the newer pokémon.

I mean, put a Venusaur next to a Sceptile, a Charizard next to a Typlosion or a Blastoise next to an Empoleon. The other generation pokémon just look a lot more intimidating and strong.

Jigglypuff. An annoying balloon whose song I've heard so often I hear it in my sleep even though the last time I heard it was years ago. It gets mad when people fall asleep while performing, so it decides to paint their faces...

Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Umbreon, and Leafeon. All five of these just lose their "Eevee" appeal. The only ones who I feel retains it are Espeon and Glaceon.

The Gen IV Legendaries: Why? Because there's simply too many of them. There is: Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Cresselia and Victini. That's 13 legendary Pokémon - I think they really went overboard with this. I would be happy with only 1 legendary per region, and I am fine with 3 - 5. But 13? Come on that hardly feels legendary any more. While I like Shaymin and Darkrai, it's the sheer amount of legendaries that lower their reputation.

As for disliked pokémon that I love:

Gastrodon: The guy has three eyes and looks like a snail. It also reminds me of Lapras a bit if I imagine the shell it used to have in ancient times.

Kabutops: I hardly hear anyone talk about it, while it's probably one of the most badass looking pokémon around. I mean, his arms are scythes made out of his bones. His speed is incredible for a Rock type too.

Spinarak: I just loved his entries in the animé, how it always came down from a string of his web and scared the sh** out of Misty. Great laughs were had thanks to this cute li'l fella.

Torkoal: Oh how does this guy make me laugh in the animé. The way they designed Torkoal to express itself is unparalleled.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Blaziken is way overrated, both in design and stat-wise.

Scizor is strong as most say it is, but it isn't all that cool to look at, I think scyther is better design-wise.

Blastoise is the worst of the water starters. Every other one has something that makes it special, blastoise is just a turtle.

Charizard is decently strong before mega evolving it, if you're smart enough to know how to avoid it being hit by rock types.

Heliolisk is similarly thought of as weak due to not being a pokemon that you can give any moveset to and dominate. If you're not afraid of taking risks, this little guy can sweep.

Infernape is superior to Blaziken.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2015
    Blastoise is the worst of the water starters. Every other one has something that makes it special, blastoise is just a trutle.
    "The rocket cannons on its shell fire jets of water capable of punching holes through thick steel."
    "It has spouts extending from its shell at the top. They spray water like cannons, hard enough to pierce concrete walls."

Water jet cannons. Concrete. Thick steel.

Years
    "The rocket cannons on its shell fire jets of water capable of punching holes through thick steel."
    "It has spouts extending from its shell at the top. They spray water like cannons, hard enough to pierce concrete walls."

But his water attacks aren't that effective against Steel pokémon

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years

Pretty much a third of pokedex entries mention the pokemon being able to destroy rocks/steel with their element attacks, including greninja.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Pretty much a third of pokedex entries mention the pokemon being able to destroy rocks/steel with their element attacks, including greninja.

I'm not sure if we should be arguing in this thread (I mean, the objective of the thread could be ruined if everyone argues about each other favourites and least favourites instead of posting theirs) but, but... jetcannons

Pokémon you hate/like that everyone seems to like/hate?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Lots of people like Stunfisk? I've only ever seen one person who likes Stunfisk.

I know people who managed to peak the Ubers ladder with Stunfisk so maybe.

I strongly dislike the Eeveelutions. Their concepts are way too generic and uninteresting, any child can come up with them. While they are pretty useful both in-game and competitively in their respective tiers, tbh there are many Pokemon who can do their jobs better. But everyone seems to like them because they're "cute and fluffy" (hint: they aren't).

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I know people who managed to peak the Ubers ladder with Stunfisk so maybe.

I strongly dislike the Eeveelutions. Their concepts are way too generic and uninteresting, any child can come up with them. While they are pretty useful both in-game and competitively in their respective tiers, tbh there are many Pokemon who can do their jobs better. But everyone seems to like them because they're "cute and fluffy" (hint: they aren't).

now you mention it, when I was a child I thought of something similar to eeveelutions but with dragons, I don't remember if it was before or after pokemon tho

Back