• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon Z: Neo Flare Strikes! (T) (IC)

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Joe merely smiled at the news, because Ignazio has suspected something like this, as none of the gang had been caught recently.

Joe went into the room and without hesitation, Joe grabbed the Froakie from the Kalos section. He let froakie come out of the ball

"Froakiee" it said. Froakie then jumped on his shoulder

"Yeah, I'm keeping you there until you evolve" Joe said he was then given the pokeballs and the pokedex.

He left the lab and started toward Santalune. He hoped he would run into Zach before Santalune so he could return the wallet.

"Lets go Froakie"Joe said

" Froakiee" it said. This was gonna be fun.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: Does anyone know how to change the banner next to the thread title to Full and not Open?)

Zach was panting somewhat heavily when he reached a sign outside of Lumiose City that read "Route 4". Adrianna followed shortly after him, also panting. Both of them were even sweating slightly.

"Looks like we're the first ones here," Zach commented as he turned to his girlfriend. "Also, I won!"

"No fair!" Adrianna complained. She moved closer to Zach and put her arms around him. "You cheated. Let's just forget about the race." She gave him a kiss on the lips and wiped sweat away from his forehead. He did the same to her.

"Alright, fine. You win. Let's go meet our new Pokémon!" He grabbed her hand and they sat down together on a nearby bench. They reached for the new Poké Balls on their belt and summoned their new team members.

Froakie appeared on Zach's lap and Fennekin appeared on Adrianna's lap. Froakie was laying down when he was summoned, and began stretching. Fennekin began running in circles on Adrianna's lap, trying to catch her tail.

"Aww, so cute," Adrianna commented as he petted the Fire type Pokémon on the head, much to Fennekin's amusement.

"You look tough," Zach noted as he looked at his Froakie. Froakie now stood up on Zach's lap and began punching and kicking the air.

Froakie and Fennekin then glanced over at each other. The two of them leaped off of their trainer's laps and then began walking around each on the ground. Eventually, Fennekin walked near Froakie and started to playfully rub her head against his leg. Froakie didn't like this, and then hit her with Pound. Fennekin retaliated with Scratch, as the two continued exchanging blows.

Zach and Adrianna leaped off of the bench and picked up their Pokémon in an attempt to cool things down.

"Froakie, calm down," Zach said to the Water type, who was struggling to break free from his trainer's grip.

"Knock it off, Fennekin," Adrianna said to Fennekin, who then looked over at Adrianna and started barking.

"Hey, don't bark at my girlfriend like that!" Zach yelled at Fennekin.

With his attention diverted away from Froakie, his grip on the frog was lower. Froakie was able to break free and began hopping away, deeper into the route. Fennekin also managed to break free and began running in Froakie's direction, intending to continue their fight.

"Oh my god, this is terrible. We have to go get them!" Adrianna said to her boyfriend.

"Yeah, this bad. Let's go." Zach grabbed Adrianna's hand as the two ran after their Pokémon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Josh's eyes widened at the sight of Zach's wallet.

"H-hey, you should give that back. Don't be a thief!" he scolded, evidently surprised that Joe would do such a thing. He clenched his fists, ready to pounce on the boy to retrieve the stolen wallet, if need be.

Suddenly, a door swung open behind him and Josh spun around on his heels. At long last, Professor Sycamore had arrived. Josh's heart skipped a beat.

He listened intently to the professor's explanation of the events unfolding around Kalos, forgetting the situation with Joe momentarily. With each word, he felt as though an immense pressure weighed heavier down upon him. By the end of Professor Sycamore's speech, which finished abruptly with him returning back to his office, Josh was nearly at a loss for words.

"W-what?! I'm not a detective! I just wanted to get a Pok?mon!" he cried, gripping his black curls and pulling on them out of anxiety. "What kind of scam is this?"

Josh stormed up to the professor's office door and jiggled the knob aggressively only to find that it was locked. He knocked hopelessly, but Professor Sycamore did not return.

Josh leaned against the wall and took a deep breath. Investigating Team Flare hadn't been on the agenda for his journey and he now believed he was wrapped up in something he did not want to be. However, he still did sorely want to see different parts of the Kalos Region, and it sure beat returning home to the farm...

Slowly, he stepped into the main entrance room. He examined the scene in front of him. There were nine different species of rare Pok?mon to choose from, and Josh hadn't a clue which he wanted. He felt uneasiness begin to creep on him, but immediately suppressed it. He didn't want to be too hasty with this decision.

"Relax," Josh said to himself. "I'm sure any of them will make a great partner."

He approached the table that contained the Kanto Pok?mon.

"Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle," he read the labels out loud.

He had heard of these Pok?mon before, but had never seen them in person. Josh always thought Grass-types were elegant, but powerful. He thought of the Gogoat that had helped him out of trouble earlier, and the Snover and Abomasnow that inhabited the mountains around his hometown. Water-types were also cool, he figured. When he wasn't helping his parents in the fields or at the market he enjoyed fishing in the various rivers of northern Kalos. Lastly, there was the Fire-type.

He slowly reached out a finger and pressed the button on the Pok? Ball labeled, "Charmander." In a flash of white light, the small fire lizard Pok?mon sat on the table before him.

"Char?" the Charmander said, rubbing its eyes. It had clearly been asleep and was now unsure of its surroundings.

"H-hey there," Josh greeted, smiling softly, though his apprehension was clear in his voice. "I'm Josh. I'm a new Trainer."

"Char," the Charmander replied nervously, looking Josh up and down. Both parties were equally unsure of each other.

"How would you like to be my new partner?" Josh said, eliciting a fake laugh to try and rid the tension between them.

The Charmander's expression quickly changed. "Char!" it chirped, smiling back at the boy.

"Really? Yes! That's awesome!"

Josh lowered his shoulder in front of the table, a goofy, childish grin glowing on his face.

"Hop on! We're gonna see all of Kalos together!" he said excitedly.

Charmander stabilized itself on Josh's shoulder and the boy realized how heavy the Pok?mon was, yet never hinted to his discomfort as he stood up proudly.

"I think I'll call you Chase. How do you like that?"

Josh turned to see all of the other beginning Trainers leaving the lab and heading out on to Route 4.

"Gah! Hey, wait up!" he called, grabbing the Pok? Balls and Pok?dex off of the receptionist's counter and dashing after the others.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
(Ooc I'll ask pie about it unless you want to)

When he reached route 4 Joe He realized that since he had stolen Zach's wallet he endangered himself. He also remembered that his boss was gonna steal from the professor, but that had not happened

"Hey froakie, I know your my partner so imma explain some things" he told his froakie everything about him and his entire backstory every thing he could remember.

"Froa froa froakiee" Joe assumed froakie was taking his turn at his backstory. Soon he ran into some tracks. It looked like someone was in a hurry. Two someones.

"Froakie, I think they went this way" Joe said. He kept on in the direction of santalune however, because really he didn't want anyone other than Josh to know he was a theif. He felt like he could trust josh. Not to mention he had seen on a television in lumios that Josh was wanted for assault and stealing a gogoat.

"Lets keep going on to Santalune, maybe we can make it there and return his wallet before he notices its gone" Joe said

And they kept on toward Santalune city.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: So, ImMrRoboto won't be here this week, so he he has given me permission to take over his character this week. Also, when your Pok?mon talk to other Pok?mon, feel free to show exactly what they are saying as if it were 2 humans talking (of course humans still won't understand what they are saying)).
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos
Team: Froakie
Badges: 0/8

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos
Team: Fennekin

Zach and Adrianna continued chasing their Pok?mon, and eventually managed to catch up to them. They scooped up their Pok?mon and held onto them tightly.

"Bad Froakie! Calm down!" Zach was holding onto his Froakie tighter than before and eventually the Water type calmed down, as did Adrianna's Fennekin. The two Pok?mon looked at each other briefly before looking away in disgust.

Adrianna whispered to Zach, "Hey, honey, it looks like they don't like each other.....or maybe they are hiding their true feelings. I'm sure seeing us be affectionate to each other might change them."

Zach blushed when she said that and blushed even harder when she kissed him on the cheek. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

Before anyone could continue, a flying type Pok?mon zoomed past.

"Whoa! Did you see that, Adri?" Zach asked his girlfriend in amazement. He was thinking about catching it.

Adrianna looked around, looking up, left, right, and even down. She hadn't seen the Pok?mon flying through the sky. "Nope, I didn't see it. Where was it, cutie?" She looked over and Zach was no longer next to her! She looked around, but couldn't find him. "Zachy....where are you?" She immediately got scared because she hated being without him.

As she walked around to try and find him (with Fennekin now walking besides her, having calmed down from the fight), she saw a flying type Pok?mon standing on the bench that they were previously at. It was a Pidgey!

"Was this the Pok?mon Zachy was talking about? Regardless, if I catch it, maybe I can use it to help me find him." Adrianna then turned to Fennekin and said, "Alright, Fennekin! Ready to fight?" The Fire type barked in excitement and moved in front of Adrianna, now facing the Pidgey. Pidgey flew off the bench and landed on the ground in front of Fennekin.

"Use Ember!" Adrianna called out, feeling excitement from her first battle. Fennekin obliged and a small stream of red-orange energy show from her mouth. Unfortunately, the blast missed Pidgey, who flew out of the way. It left a burnt mark on the ground.

She kept on commanding Ember after that, which Pidgey kept on dodging, much to Adrianna and Fennekin's annoyance. "Oh, this is so annoying! Why won't that Pidgey attack?" Adrianna was having a mix of annoyance and fear because she was still worried about being alone.

Suddenly, the Pidgey flew towards Fennekin and began attacking with Peck, dealing a lot of damage.

"Oh no! Now what?" Adrianna asked out loud, before reaching a decision. "Uh.....use Scratch?"

It was no use. Fennekin couldn't concentrate on the move because of all the damage Pidgey was doing. Adrianna was so worried she looked like she was about to cry. "ZACHY, WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED YOUR HELP!" She yelled at the top of her lungs and, as if on cue, another flying type Pok?mon swooped in and knocked into Pidgy with Quick Attack, knocking the bird down. Then, a Froakie appeared and hit Pidgey with Bubble.

Adrianna looked over and saw Zach standing right there. She also noticed that the other flying type was a Fletchling. She was so overcome with emotions that she didn't know whether to cry, yell or be happy. Regardless, she ran over to Zach and hugged him tightly.

She looked up at him and Zach could see anger in her eyes. "Don't you dare leave me again! You had me so worried, mister!"

Before she could continue her rant, Zach pointed at the wounded Pidgey and said, "I'll make it up to you one day. For now, just catch the Pidgey!"

Adrianna released her grip on him and turned around, remembering that she wanted to catch it. Froakie and Fletchling moved out of the way, with Froakie standing near his trainer and Fletchling standing near Adrianna's wounded Fennekin. Adrianna reached for a Pok? Ball from her belt and threw it at the Pidgey. Everyone watched in suspense as the ball shook 3 times before a ping sound come be heard. That meant the Pok?mon was caught.

Adrianna didn't know whether she should be happy about or not because of all the trouble she was just in. Still, she walked over and picked up the ball. She summoned Pidgey and then put its ball back on her belt.

"Wow, you did great, babe!" Zach exclaimed as he walked over to go hug his girlfriend. She turned away from him, before turning back to him and then started crying in his arms.

"You left me alone! I was so scared without you, Zach!" Adrianna yelled through her tears. Zach could tell how serious she was because she just referred to him as Zach. He instantly felt bad. Pidgey, who was only moderately damaged, moved over to Fennekin, who had trouble standing, and patted her on the back.

"I'm really sorry, babe....I saw that Fletchling fly by and I really wanted to catch it. I thought you were right behind me," Zach explained as his girlfriend continued to cry. "Alright, well let's take a little break. I have some potions to heal your Pok?mon."

He picked Adrianna up and placed her on the bench. He then picked up Fennekin and placed her next to Adrianna. The others sat on the bench as well. Zach sat next to Adrianna, who rested her head on his shoulder and started to calm down. Zach reached into his bag and he took out a Potion, which he used on Fennekin. Almost instantly, the Fire type seemed to be back to full health. She rubbed her head against Adrianna playfully.

Zach then reached back into his bag and pulled out a napkin, dabbing it on Adrianna's face. "You're ruining your beautiful makeup. Don't worry though. I'll help you," Zach said, reassuringly.

----
Back at the lab, Jezebel had heard the news from Sycamore and was very shocked. Still, she figured that she'd beat any threat that came her way. Team Flare wouldn't be too much for her if they were returning. She made her way to the entrance room, where the 3 tables were. Looking at the options, Jezebel decided to go to the Hoenn table. From there, she picked Treecko, Hoenn's grass type. She opened the ball, revealing Treecko.

Treecko seemed very happy with its new trainer, and Jezebel seemed very happy with Treecko. She got more Pok? Balls from the receptionist and also got a Pok?dex. With a new Pok?mon on her team, she left the lab and headed for Route 4.

Years
99f14f006ab2b0d5b153ec5c9a55ad55.jpg

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Badges: 0
Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

Adaline was astonished by what Professor Sycamore had just revealed to the group. Team Flare? Had they not disbanded a few years ago? Adaline had so many questions that would remain unanswered for the time being. Of course, she hadn't exactly signed up to be a detective, however, it was now her responsibility to gather any information involving Team Flare and whatever they were plotting. Determined, she vowed to do so to the best of her abilities.

Standing up, she walked over to the three tables in front of her. She wasn't exactly sure which pokemon she wanted to accompany her on her journey. Without warning, a pokemon burst out of a pokeball in a bright, white light. "Fennekin!" the creature called out, before running up to Adaline playfully. Scooping the jubilant pokemon in her arms, Adaline laughed as the pokemon began to lick her rosy cheeks.

"Aren't you just the cutest thing", Adaline said, gently setting the pokemon down. Fennekin looked at her expectedly, it's amber eyes sparkling with glee.

"Well, it's decided. You're going to be my new partner, Fennekin", Adaline stated cheerfully, sitting on her knees and stroking her new partner's back.

"All I need is a name for you! Hmm, let's see here.. Oh! I got it. Paris! Yes, I'll name you Paris. What do you think?"
As if on cue, Paris howled loudly and began to bounce with excitement.

A receptionist beckoned to Adaline, giving her a few pokeballs as well as a pastel pink pokedex. Adaline placed the items into her purse, politely thanking the receptionist, before turning to Paris.

"Alright, let's go! Adventure awaits us", she said, as Paris hopped onto Adaline's blonde head.

With that, the two exited the laboratory and stepped onto the busy streets of Lumiose, heading southwards, toward Route 4. Adaline certainly didn't want to be the last trainer to arrive. Despite this, she couldn't help but to stroll casually, admiring the beautiful architecture of the city's countless buildings. She glanced in the direction of a famous boutique and was tempted to go in. She passed it in spite of herself, she had to be focused on the task at hand. Shopping could wait, she'd be back in Lumiose soon enough.

Finally reaching the gateway to Route 4, she momentarily stopped, before continuing on.

"Santalune, here we come!"

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Joseph phesoj
Pokemon:Froakie.

The scenery was becoming stranger. Weird shrubs and trees route 4 didn't seem to make sense to Joe.

"Hey Froakie I just realized I left my gallettes back at the lab..." Joe said dissapointed. Suddenly a green orb with a little red horns sticking out of its head appeared.

"Froakie that's a pokemon! "Joe said. "I wonder what kind..." Joe pulled out his pokedex.

"Ralts the Feeling pokemon. Ralts is fairy and psychic type. If it's horns capture the feelings of people or Pokemon it's body warms up." The pokedex said.

"Froakie let's catch it" Joe said

"Froakiee" it shouted.

"Use bubble!" Joe shouted. Froakie used bubble. The ralts used confusion on froakie. Froakie fell, but got back up.

"Now use pound twice!" It did. Joe threw a pokeball at ralts. the pokeball shook once. It shook twice. It shook a third time and then caught.

"Awsome" he said "Froakiee" froakie said in agreement.

"Come in out ralts" Joe said.

"Ralts? Ralts ral ralts" ralts said. It seemed happy to have been caught.

(Ralts and froakie) "You like this guy right froakie?' Ralts asked

" Yeah he is pretty great but he is also a theif. " Froakie said.

"Oh... Well that's fine I suppose as long as it is small scale." Ralts looked at Joe " ralts ralts ralts? "

"We are going to Santalune city to get our first gym badge. And you'll help right?"

Ralts nodded. And then they all continued towards Santalune.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Ellie Calloway - Starting with a Starter!

?

mudkip.png

"That's pretty heavy to just drop on a bunch of teenagers..." Ellie mumbled under her breath as Professor Sycamore finished his spiel about disappearing champions and wild prison breaks. It was hard for her to gauge the reactions of the group around her, some were rather shaken by it all while others simply seemed to brush it off and got to choosing their starter pokemon. As for her, it barely even registered. Any journey across a region would be filled with its own challenges and her's was no exception. She wasn't going to be "saving Kalos" as the professor had said, but if she was gonna kick some Team Flare ass along her path towards the pokemon league she'd be totally okay with that.

Since she got there late, shortly before Sycamore himself arrived, the young woman lost the chance to interact with her fellow trainers. Looking around, the group seemed to have been making friendly conversation before she got there, but nothing suggested that she missed anything too pertinent. They seemed like an interesting bunch and she was sure that she'd get the chance to interact with them later on her journey. For now, there was a more important task at hand.

The main lobby now contained three tables, each with three baskets of poke-balls sitting on top. "Kalos, Kanto, and Hoenn, huh?" Ellie mused to herself as she paced between her nine choices for a starter. Having spent her entire life working with pokemon on the ranch, she had experience with most of the pokemon available to her. The only two that she hadn't had the chance to work with were the Seed Pokemon, Bulbasaur and the Mud Fish Pokemon, Mudkip. She strode back and forth between their two baskets, weighing the pros and cons of each. She could have, of course, taken any of the other seven, but this journey was all about new experiences and these two would provide her with the freshest of starts.

After much deliberation, she found herself standing before the basket labeled "Mudkip". While she always wanted to raise a Bulbasaur, Swampert's water-ground typing would be quite useful to have later down the line. There was also the fact that Mudkip were the most adorable creatures she had ever laid eyes upon, but that was besides the point. Ellie grabbed a poke-ball from the basket before pressing its center button, releasing a tiny blue pokemon out onto the lab floor.

"Kip!" The Mudkip cocked its head to the side, observing the human standing before it. The trainer squatted down to be face to face, or as close to it, as she could get with her new pokemon. "Hey little guy, my name's Ellie." She grinned as the Mudkip cocked its head to the other side and responded with another "Kip!"

She reached out and rubbed his head. "If it's okay with you, we're gonna be partners from now on. We'll travel across the region together, explore all the routes there are to explore, challenge all the gyms there are to challenge, and meet all the pokemon there are to meet. So what do you say buddy? Are you with me?"

With a happy "Kip!" the Mudkip's response was to leap into his new trainer's arms and nestle up into her. With a giggle, Ellie's grin spread from ear to ear. "I'll take that as a yes."

Holding her Mudkip, all the while, she went about the rest of her business, receiving a poke-dex and several poke-balls from the attendant at the front desk. After wrapping up everything she needed to do in the lab, the young woman stepped out of the lab, Mudkip in hand, ready to truly set out on her own adventure.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: So, I was thinking that when our characters arrive at Santalune City, they could all sleep in hotels or something like that, and then challenge the gym in the following day. What do you guys think about that?)
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos
Team: Froakie & Fletchling

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos
Team: Fennekin & Pidgey

After Zach had finished cleaning off the excess makeup, he threw the napkin in the nearby garbage can. Then, Adrianna reached into her own bag and took out some makeup, as well as a mini makeup mirror. She began reapplying the makeup, much to Zach's annoyance.

"Come on. Do you have to do that now? I want to get going!" Zach complained, as he looked at both his Pok?mon and her's. They were sleeping. "Even our Pok?mon are sleeping. Can't you do this later?"

Adrianna stopped putting on her makeup and looked over at Zach. "Well, you'll just have to wait, sweetie. If you never left me, I never would've cried and ruined my makeup. Almost done." She reapplied all her makeup as Zach sat their impatiently.

When she finished, she put everything back in her bag and got up. At this point, Zach was almost sleeping. She lightly hit his cheek, motioning for him to get up. She also gently tapped her Fennekin and Pidgey, who were snoozing away. The two of them happily got up as Fennekin jumped into Adrianna's arms and Pidgey stayed in the air. Zach did the same with his Pok?mon, who were pretty slow to awake. Froakie even took his time and started stretching.

"You're done sleeping," Zach commented to his frog as he nudged Froakie once again. When Froakie got up, he hopped onto Zach's head and remained there. Fletchling stayed in the air, much like Pidgey.

"Ugh, you're gonna mess up my hair!" Zach yelled to Froakie, who remained in the same position. Since Froakie wasn't going to move, Zach chose to deal with it. He wanted to get a move on anyways. He looked over at Adrianna and held his hand out.

Fennekin barked at Zach, which prompted him to lower his hand. Adrianna says, "Aww, don't worry Fennekin. I'll just hold you with one hand." She gleefully grabbed Zach's hand after safely holding onto her Fennekin with one hand. Now she didn't have to worry about being separated. The two began walking forward, hopefully nearing Santalune City soon.

"If we continue down this path, we should hopefully reach Santalune City before it gets dark," Zach commented, noticing that time in the lab and time chasing the birds had eaten up a good portion of the day, not to mention time spent getting ready earlier. He pointed to a dirt pathway that seemed to continue on for a while.

Adrianna smiled and really admired his level-headedness here. "Alright, lead the way, navigator!"

While on the pathway, things were mostly quiet. Adrianna decided to break the silence. "I wonder how everyone we met at the lab is doing. I hope we run into them again soon. Adaline and Oliver seem like great people, and there was other people we never got to talk to."

Zach nodded in agreement. "Yeah, most of those people seemed really cool. I'd like for you to introduce me to Adaline next time we run into her."

"I knew you were going to say that...." Adrianna replied, obviously being a little jealous.

"Aww, come on. It's not like that. I just want to know your friends," Zach insisted, although he was blushing slightly. Adrianna rolled her eyes, but did not comment as they continued down the path.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Joseph Phesoj
Badges:0
Pokemon: Froakie, ralts

Joe had broken out into a full run at this point. He had ralts go back in to her ball but froakie ran along side him. Soon he saw Zach and Adrianna walking and holding hands. Zach's froakie was on his head and Adrianna's fennekin was in her arm.

"Zach you dropped your wallet" Joe shouted. "Froa froa froakieee" Froakie shouted and he continued running towards them.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Ellie Calloway - The Trainer, the Thief, Her Mudkip, and its Lunch

?

mudkip.png

Route 4, a scenic stretch of land connecting the city of lights with Santalune. While groups of trainers gathered in the various mazes and gardens littered throughout, the calm atmosphere of the rest of the route was a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of Lumiose City.

As much as a certain rookie trainer would have loved to relax underneath a tree and enjoy the scenery, she knew that she and her Mudkip had a lot of work to do before challenging their first gym leader.

"Atta boy Skip! Hit him with one more Water Gun!"

At the sound of his trainer's command, the little Mudkip shot a burst of water towards the wild Skitty ahead of him. The attack connected dead on, knocking the Kitten Pokemon unconscious.

"Way to go, buddy!" Ellie shouted as she scooped up her starter pokemon into her arms. "You're doing so great! I'm sure you'll be a big and strong Marshtomp in no time." In response to his praise, Skip cuddled up into his trainer's arms and let out a happy, "Kip!"

Since arriving to the route, the two had been training relentlessly. While there was no time to stop and smell the roses, the flowerbeds in which they could encounter wild pokemon didn't make for a bad place to develop their battling skills.

"Alright, I think that you deserve a short break now." Ellie looked down to the little Mudkip, held closely to her chest. "I'm so proud of you! You're the hardest working little thing I've ever had the chance to raise!"

The pair took a seat underneath the shade of a nearby tree. As Skip rested in his trainer's lap, she pulled a few wrapped sandwiches from her bag. "A reward for the both of us, courtesy of mom." Grinning as she did, the young woman held one of the sandwiches out for the pokemon in her lap to eat. Skip never got the treat, however, as a dark figure swooped through with a flash, snatching his lunch from his trainer's grasp.

Stunned at what had just happened, it took a moment for the pair to register what had taken place. "Huh.. well you can have this one then." Ellie held out another sandwich, just for it to disappear in an instant once more.

Now Skip wasn't surprised, just plain angry. With an indignant "Kip!" he hopped off her lap and started furiously yelping at the tree in which the mysterious figure had vanished into. "Hey now, no need to disturb everyone in the route." Ellie corralled her pokemon back to her, before thinking things over. This was a phenomenon she'd dealt with before on the ranch. Flying type pokemon that weren't properly trained often got into mischief like this, stealing all sorts of things. It was annoying to deal with, but there was an easy fix to it.

After going over the plan with the heated little Mudkip, the trainer positioned herself behind him, then tossed a sandwich a couple feet ahead. It only took a few seconds for the figure to reappear once again.

"Water gun, now!" Before she even got the words out of her mouth, Skip sent a burst of water straight for the sandwich, knocking the wild pokemon into the ground. Sure enough, the enigma was a Starly, who was now about as irritated as the Mudkip was.

Sending a flurry of outraged chirps the pair's way, the Starling Pokemon shot itself towards Skip in a a blinding flash, slamming its body straight into the water-type.

"Looks like we're in for a battle." Ellie straightened up, thinking of a strategy for the situation. "Alright, Skip stand your ground and Yawn him when he gets close!" The Mudkip, a little dazed from the first attack, nodded in response.

This time, the Starly flew high into the sky, gaining momentum for a Tackle. As it drew closer and closer, Skip yawned, letting out a cloud of air which surrounded him. Bursting through, the flying-type made a direct hit to the Mudkip, sending him back, but as it returned to the air, the flaps of its wings grew weaker.

"Looks like we got him! Wait for him to come close again and hit him with your own Tackle!"

At a much slower speed, the flying-type once again flew towards the ground, readying itself for a Wing Attack. Skip waited for the exact moment before jumping just out the sluggish offense's reach. When the coast was clear, he charged forward, slamming his body into the thief.

The Starly was sent rolling back, but at this point the wild pokemon was fast asleep on the ground. Strolling over to get a closer look, Ellie crouched over the sleeping figure. She had seen first hand the power that a Staraptor held and a flying-type would prove to be quite useful with Santalune City's bug type gym just around the corner... but on the other hand, Skip was itching to knock this thing out.

The trainer sighed, contemplating the decision, but eventually logic broke through and she grabbed a poke-ball from her bag, tapping it against the snoring Starly. In a red flash, three clicks, and an irritated Skip, the pokemon was caught and the newly formed trio were one step closer to obtaining their first gym badge.

NEW POKEMON
starly.gif

Shasta the Starly ?
Keen Eye
Tackle | Growl | Quick Attack | Wing Attack | Double Team

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos

As the two of them were walking, Joe showed up. He told Zach that he dropped his wallet. As luck would have it, the wallet was on the ground right next to him. This confused Zach, but he still picked up the wallet and put it in his front jeans pocket.

"Uh.....thanks, I guess," Zach said to Joe as he grabbed Adrianna's hand tighter and started walking faster.

When they were a safe distance away from Joe, Zach whispered, "I think that guy's a little weird. I think it is suspicious that he knew my wallet was on the ground. Don't go near him without me."

"Yeah, he does seem a bit weird. as if the scar wasn't off-putting enough. Thanks for the warning, honey," Adrianna replied, feeling relief that her boyfriend would protect her in a dangerous situation.

As they continued walking, Zach made occasional glances behind himself to see if Joe was following them. Of course, as they got farther out, it became harder to even see Joe. Eventually, they witnessed a girl with her Mudkip battling a Starly. She even successful caught the flying type!

"Hey, let's go introduce ourselves to her!" Zach proclaimed as he turned and walked in the direction of the girl, pulling Adrianna along with him.

"Yo!" Zach shouted to the girl as he got close. "That was a really cool battle. My girlfriend and I just caught our own flying types. Did you get that Mudkip from Sycamore? Also, my name is Zach and this is Adrianna."

Adrianna looked slightly annoyed at how excited Zach seemed to be around this girl, but she tried to shake it off. "Yeah, we are both traveling to Santalune City for our first badge. We got our starters from Sycamore."

Last edited:
Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Scratch, Howl

Route 4 was truly lovely indeed, the air was filled with the scent of fragrant flowers, and the sun shone brightly, illuminating the pale blue sky. It certainly contrasted greatly with the eerie Route 14 that Adaline had previously traveled on to reach Lumiose from her hometown of Laverre. Adaline could feel the sunshine on her fair skin, the breeze in her golden blonde locks. With the excitement of beginning her pokemon journey and Paris by her side, she felt incredible.

Suddenly, a loud voice startled her. Turning to face the direction of the sound, she noticed a tall boy around her age who was running towards her. He wore a snapback over his honey blond hair and had on a black tank top and a pair of distressed jeans. "Sorry to scare you like that, I just noticed your Fennekin from afar and I came running," he said, taking long, heavy breaths, clearly tired from his sprint. "Oh no! Don't worry about it at all. My name's Adaline, yours?"

973ec56fc06905bdb0bed580fae7dacc.gif

(Above is a picture of Archer, he'll be a reoccurring character)

"Name's Archer", he said coolly. "So, are you a student of Professor Sycamore?"

"Yes, I suppose you could say that", Adaline said shyly. Paris hopped onto the grass and began to sniff Archer, before he kneeled down and gently patted her on the head. "Hey there, little guy," he said affectionately.
"This is Paris, my partner. I actually just received her from the laboratory as a gift from Professor Sycamore. I am assisting him in collecting data on the local pokemon here in the Kalos region", Adaline explained, purposefully leaving out the part involving Team Flare. She had sworn secrecy, after all.

"Sweet. I wish I was that lucky. Now, what do you say to a pokemon battle?" The question perplexed Adaline, she hadn't anticipated this, but she felt a sudden rush of adrenaline. "I'd be delighted to battle with you," she said as Paris howled in agreement. Archer reached in his maroon backpack for a pokeball, before tossing it into the air, and a small blue pokemon appeared in a flash of bright light. Instictively, Adaline held up her pokedex to determine what type of pokemon it was.

"Riolu, the Emanation pok?mon. It uses the shapes of auras, which change according to emotion, to communicate with others", the pokedex uttered in a feminine voice.

"A Rioulu, huh? How quaint," Adaline breathed, getting her game face on. "Alright, Paris, we can do this I believe in you", Adaline said confidently, as Paris got into a proper battle position.

"This is my trusty partner, Zed. It won't be easy to beat us."

(Zed to Paris):
"That's right. You're going down", the Riolu taunted.
"Oh please. In your dreams, tough guy," Paris responded.

(Adaline and Archer):
"Zed, Quick attack," Archer commanded, his pokemon racing towards Paris with insane speed.
"Dodge, Paris," Adaline cried, as her pokemon attempted to dash out of the way, only to be struck by her opponent. Paris took it head on but seemed relatively unfazed. "Quick attack again", Zed bounded off his feet and swiftly approached Paris. "Fire back with Ember, Paris. Concentrate." The Fennekin took a brief moment to build up her fire power, before launching her attack at Zed. It landed, pushing Zed back. The Riolu managed to land on his feet, and seemed to size up its opponent while Archer deliberated on what their next move should be.
"Hmm..nice one, but let's see how you handle this," Archer chuckled deviously.

"Force Palm," Zed again, raced towards Paris, with ninja-like movements, Adaline considered instructing Paris to dodge, but she wasn't sure if that was remotely possible as Zed seemed to be approaching from all directions. Paris herself seemed taken aback by Zed's swiftness, as she tried to analyze where the other pokemon was coming from, but to no avail. Zed seemed to torment her as he purposefully moved all around her, slowly closing in. It was as if he was using double team. Before the Fennekin could react, Zed appeared in front of her and hit the stunned pokemon with a powerful attack that sent Paris flying backwards. Paris hit the ground, hard, rolling a few times as Adaline ran towards her injured pokemon, scooping her up in her arms and rocking her gently. "Paris are you alright?" She gasped, her voice thick with concern.

Paris opened her eyes and hopped down onto the grass, ready to continue. "Wow, are you sure you're able to continue?"
The Fennekin nodded, though she was immensely bruised and battered, the will to fight still burned on inside her.

"I'm impressed, that Paris of yours has a true fighting spirit," Archer commented. Adaline nodded. "She sure does."
The battle continued on with the two pokemon exchanging blows, Paris and Zed both had amazing speed and pretty impressive power. The fight ultimately ended in a draw after Zed and Paris collided head to head with strong attacks, causing both pokemon to faint from inevitable exhaustion.

"That was awesome," Archer said. "That was your first battle?" He asked, returning Zed to his pokeball.
"Sure was," Adaline replied, scooping up a fainted Paris into her arms. "You really handled yourself well, for a rookie that is", he teased and Adaline blushed in response. "Thank you, I appreciate it." As if on cue, Paris yawned and seemed to recover from her unconscious state.

"Anyways, I'd better head to Santalune. It was a lovely battle we had, I sincerely wish you and Zed the best", Adaline said with a cursty, before turning towards the path.

"Cya, I'd love to battle you again sometime, when we're both stronger. Who knows? Maybe we'll cross paths in the near future. Take care, Adaline," Archer called out to her, momentarily gazing at her as she walked further and further away, before he began heading in the direction of Lumiose city.

"I'd love that," Adaline said softly. She wasn't quite sure if Archer heard her or not, but nonetheless, the thought of battling him again enthralled her.

Seeing a group of familiar faces in the distance, Adaline walked towards them. She was surprised to have caught up with Adrianna and Zach so quickly, considering that they had left Sycamore's laboratory before her. She also recognized another girl with purple hair who she had not previously spoken to. Smiling brightly, she greeted them warmly.

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Ellie Calloway - A Brief Encounter pt. 1

?

mudkip.png
starly.png

Perking up at the sound of others coming her way, Ellie quickly turned to find two vaguely familiar faces approaching. It took a moment to place them, but there was no mistaking it, they were also rookie trainers that had come from Lumiose. If it weren't for the two practically clinging to each other in Sycamore's Lab she might not have recognized them, but the fact remained that she did and she owed it to their very public displays of affection.

"That was a really cool battle. My girlfriend and I just caught our own flying types. Did you get that Mudkip from Sycamore? Also, my name is Zach and this is Adrianna." The rather tall one, who announced himself as Zach spoke first. He seemed a little exciteable and it was more than obvious that the one he introduced as Adrianna was rather annoyed with the fact.

She said something herself, but it went right past Ellie's head. A mischievous smile spread across her face as a flurry of ideas barreled through her mind. She wasn't one to break up a relationship, but having a little fun wouldn't hurt.

"Hi there! I'm Ellie, it's a pleasure to meet you two!" The young woman purposefully directed her statement more towards, Zach, forcing him to make eye contact with her. "I actually did receive Skip from Sycamore. I'm assuming that you two are also trainers that he just sent off as well."

Sauntering on over to the pair, Ellie got a little too close to Zach, smiling all the while. Looking straight into his eyes, she coyly spoke. "I'd love to battle with you guys sometime, but perhaps it'd be more fun, one... on... one."

She winked towards Adrianna before sidling back to her original position. A new face had joined the trio at this point. With her long blonde hair, piercing green eyes and fair complexion, the newcomer seemed to be quite a beauty. Her outfit looked as if it were pulled straight from a magazine, and Ellie couldn't help but be impressed with her whole look.

The purple-haired trainer couldn't quite place her, but from the friendly way she greeted Zach and Adrianna, she surmised that she was also a rookie trainer.

"Hi, I was just introducing myself to these two! My name's Ellie and I'm also one of the trainers that Sycamore just sent out." With a welcoming smile, almost the antithesis to the sly expression she had on just seconds prior, she greeted the blonde. "I absolutely adore your outfit! I wish I could be even half as stylish as you are!"

Midnight Umbreon

Years
(OOC: I realized this was to short so I fixed it)
Joseph Phesoj
Badges:0
Pokemon: Froakie, Ralts
I

After he had returned the wallet, Zach and Adrianna nearly ran to get away from him. Soon Adaline past him and then he saw a purple haired girl. It seemed that were congregating. He managed to get past them without them seeing

"Froakie froak froak"Froakie said. Joe looked at him.

" No, they don't like me. "He said. Assuming froakie was talking about him socializing with the others. Soon he saw Santalune city. He ran to it and entered the city. The buildings weren't as numerous as In lumiose Joe were they as tall. It looked quite like... Snowbelle but without the snow. Suddenly he had a flashback. This had never happened before so the feeling was strange.

" Joseph? Were are you hon? " it was his mother talking. He was hiding in his closet because he thought it was funny.

"I'm in the closet momma" he called back suddenly the closet door opened and he jumped out.

"Joseph, me and your father are going on a trip to Alola for a couple of weeks. You'll get a baby sitter."
After some preparation they left and he never saw them again

He shook his head. "Am I a skitzophrenic?" He wondered aloud. He looked around thinking about his flashback.

"Froakie let's go to the apparel shop." Joe said. After some difficulty finding it he located it. He entered.

"Hello may I help you?" A woman said.

"Yeah, I need a messenger bag" Joe replied. She brought out a brown bag .

"Is this fine?" She said holding it up.

"Yes that is good." Joe said. He took the bag and put it on . "How much?"

"Thirty dollars"she said. He handed her the money from his wallet. He then left the store.

When he looked around he realized he was the first to Santalune City. After looking around he would check in to a hotel as it was evening.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Route 4, Kalos
Team: Squirtle (Male, Rafael)

Oliver got into the route without much fuss, basically following his new Pokemon on the route, as the Squirtle was marching in front of him, causing him to nearly laugh at the sight. Looking around, he wondered whether he should wait for any of the others, start a battle or something else.

Deciding to pick up the little buddy, he decided to look around, trying to get at least something before going back.

Aha, score! He thought as he saw a Taillow landing nearby. Nodding at Rafael, both of them stood forward, calling the Flying-Type?s attention. As the bird charged at full speed, making it hard to follow, Oliver got ready.

?Stand strong, Rafael? Rafael did as told and braced for the impact, being sent skidding back, but still on its feet. ?Great, now Tackle? Before the Taillow could back down, Squirtle came in crashing head first, causing a fair bit of damage. But the Tiny Swallow was still on the fight, charging with a glowing beak, but Rafael was readier this time. ?Duck it and use Tackle from beneath? With that, the Water-Type managed to avoid the Peck attack and score another hit. This time, another Quick attack knocked Rafael off its feet.

?Now or never? Oliver said, and Rafael got back up in time to face a Wing Attack, which made Oliver focus ?Water Gun!? A burst of water came out of its mouth, getting a direct hit!

While it fell to the ground, it looked ready for more, so Oliver pulled a new Pokeball and threw it, getting a flash of light and a disappearing. The ball started shaking and a shining red light came from the center.

?Come on, work? He whispered. With a final shake, the Pokeball stopped. Waiting for a breath before running up to it to pick it up, Oliver smiled.
Now this is what I am talking about! Giving a small pat on the head to his partner, he freed his new partner. It was still looking combative, flying around and trying to peck him.

?Argh, cut it out? Oliver groaned as he covered his face with his arms, as Rafael started yelling and both of them started screaming and getting on the other?s faces. Oliver split them up.

?OK, both of you, stop? He nearly yelled. Both of them stood at attention at the calm boy?s raised voice. Oliver sighed to calm himself down for a bit, before deciding to greet his new team member.

?Nice to meet you, Taillow, I am Oliver and this is my first Pokemon, Rafael? Sadly, the turtle glared at the bird. Pulling out the Pokedex, he checked the info on it Ah, it?s a wild lady

?So, what do you think of Aile?? The Flying type nodded, as it got a potion applied to it and Rafael ate a Berry. He returned Aile to the pokeball after a minute.
Soon enough, he saw several other people in front. He waved at them as he got closer.

Last edited:
Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Scratch, Howl

Adaline smiled in response to Ellie's compliments. "Thank you so much, I'm flattered. Your outfit is pretty cute, too," she replied happily. She already was rather fond of Ellie, given that she had such a kind demeanor. Glancing briefly at Adrianna, she noticed that the girl had a slight scowl on her face and Zach beside her was blushing. Adaline was a bit perplexed by this. Perhaps Ellie had witnessed them displaying affection? Adaline couldn't quite put her finger on it. Nonetheless, she walked a bit closer to the couple.

"I see you two chose Fennekin also!" As she said this, Paris leaped out of her arms, approaching the other Fennekin cautiously. The two seemed curious about one another and immediately started to play, chasing each other in circles. Adaline then took notice of Pidgey and Fletching who flew overhead, Fletchling landing on Zach's shoulder.

"Seems you two have already extended your teams, I'm impressed", Adaline said coolly.

She probably should consider doing the same. Paris could use another friend. Besides, they always say, the more the merrier. Zach shrugged and Adrianna tried to smile but it was obvious that something was bothering her. In an attempt to lighten the mood and lift her friend's spirits, Adaline made a proposal. "Since we're all together, we might as well travel to Santalune as a group. What do you guys think?" She asked lightly, glancing at Ellie, before turning back to face Zach and Adrianna. Just as she did so, another boy approached the group. Oliver was his name, if she remembered correctly.

Last edited:
Years
Dustin 'Dusty' Caldwell

Team:
Torchic
latest

Moves: Scratch, Gowl, Ember

After taking in the Professor?s words Dustin struggled with a lump in his throat. Isn?t it unfair to ask teenagers to take on such a serious situation? Dustin bit as his nail-maybe this was all a mistake?

He waited for everyone else to choose their Pokemon before him, still unsure which Pokemon he should choose. Or if he should choose one at all. Once the space around the tables was clear Dustin approached. He held the ball marked Chespin in his right hand, the ball marked Torchic in his left. Dustin sighed and remembered Ramos?s coin on the bus. Why not leave it to chance?

Dustin darted his eyes between the Pokeballs and whispered to himself, ?Eeny meeny miny moe...? His gaze landed on torchic. Fate had decided, Dustin slowly put the grass Pokemon?s ball back on the table. He delicately rested the cool metal of the white lower half in both of his hands. He looked back at Professor Sycamore, smiled and headed out.

?Come on out, Torchic,? Dustin squeaked and a small orange torchic emerged from a red glow. It looked up at Dustin, chirped and turned its head. ?Heya, Torchic,? Dustin smiled, ?Professor Sycamore asked you to come with me on an adventure. Do you want to??

Torchic turned its head toward the lab and then back at Dustin. It jumped and chirped in agreement. Dustin?s eyes widened. ?Wow! You mean it??

Torchic nodded, determinedly and began walking passed Dustin?s legs, towards route 5.

?Oh! Torchic, we?re going the other way. Towards route 4,? Dustin called as the bird already began to disappear into the crowd. The bird turned its head in surprise and began racing towards Dustin and Santalune City.

When the pair reached the city?s gate Torchic was speeding ahead, Dustin was doing his best to keep up with his Pokemon, struggling from the weight of his full jacket and backpack. He wheezed as the bird alternated between jumping impatiently and doing short sprinting bursts. Dustin and his Pokemon whizzed from the urban center to the neatly manufactured hedges and flowers. It was uncomfortably neat for the young man who had spent his life in the rugged and wild nature near his hometown.

Eventually Torchic disappeared into a patch of tall flowers. A soft voice shrieked from behind the petals and suddenly Torchic flew back a few meters, rocketing into Dustin?s gut, knocking the duo over. A small white Pokemon emerged from the flowers. Dustin reached into his jacket pocket as he got up and grabbed for the brick at the top of his pocket, his new Pokedex.

?Ralts, the feeling Pokemon. It is highly attuned to the emotions of people and Pok?mon.?

Torchic let small flames and smoke emerge from its beak and angrily chirped at the ralts. The ralts responded by swaying in place, illuminating itself in a blue light. Torchic was also illuminated and began to slowly rise off the ground as it failed, trying to free itself from ralts?s psychic grip.

Dustin realized that this was his first battle as a trainer, he sprang into action, he?d watched hours of Pokemon competitions at home. Torchic would only attack if he told him to.

?Torchic, use scratch!? Dustin commanded. Torchic continued to flail wildly in the air, still suspended by ralts. Dustin blinked his eyes rapidly as realization washed over him. How could Torchic possibly connect physically while suspended? Torchic would have to use an attack that would work from a range but what could Torchic even do from a range? Ember? Does this torchic even know ember?

Torchic wailed in pain and Dustin snapped back into reality.

?Torchic,? Dustin began, ?Use ember on that ralts!?

The torchic rained fire pellets onto the ralts, singeing it and breaking its powers. The ralts let out a cry and ran back into the patch of flowers.

?Oh no you don?t!? Dustin yelled and chucked a Pokeball into the patch of flowers. Almost immediately the ball flew out of the patch, illuminated by blue just like Torchic had been.

?Almost had it, huh, Torchic?? Dustin looked down to see his partner crumpled on the floor. ?Torchic?? Dustin realized that his new friend had not yet recovered from being attacked.

Dustin gingerly swept Torchic into his arms. "Torchic?" he repeated. Torchic was unresponsive. Dustin's heart began to race and he began dashing to Santalune.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Josh stepped out into the sunlight from the lab and he and Chase simultaneously took a deep breath. The light breeze molded his hair back into its signature windswept look. Josh felt more confident in starting his journey than he had felt about anything in a long time.

Josh began to walk down the cobblestoned boulevard toward the Route 4 gate, careful to avoid the traffic in the streets. As he approached it, he heard a voice behind him.

"Excuse me, son? I have a few questions I'd like to ask you."

He turned around to see a Lumiose City Police officer nearing him from the crowd on the sidewalk. He had a Caterpie on his shoulder and a Furfrou following him.

Josh's face drained of color. He had forgotten all about the events from earlier that morning.

"Uh... I, uh..." Josh stammered, frozen in place. His mind raced with horrible outcomes from being arrested for something he did by accident. Without hesitation, he took off sprinting for the gate.

"Hey!" he heard behind him, followed by the clap of the police officer's shoes against the pavement.

Josh entered Route 4 and sped down the dirt path towards Santalune City, leaving a cloud of dust in his wake. He knew he couldn't run for long, as he was never the most athletic young man. Chase closed his eyes out of fear and gripped Josh's shoulder tightly.

"String Shot!" the officer called.

The Caterpie resting on his shoulder released a stream of sticky silk from its mouth at Josh's feet. Josh stumbled as the string began to bind his legs. He suddenly tumbled forward mid-stride, sending Chase flying into the dirt in front of him. Josh pulled his cheek off the ground and tried to stand, but couldn't.

"I'm not a thief!" he yelled. "This is all a big misunderstanding!"

The officer approached him removing handcuffs from his belt, clearly ready to apprehend the boy. Josh winced, not only from the realization that he was done for, but also from the biting pain where his face had hit the ground. A pair of small, clawed, orange feet appeared in front of him. Josh looked up to see Chase standing between him and his captor.

"Chase! What're you doing?"

Chase spun swiftly around, small sparks of fire flying from its flame as its tail followed the motion. The officer held up his arm to block the small stream of sparks, but the Caterpie was blasted off of his shoulder, sent flying backwards from the impact of the fire against its body. Chase turned towards Josh and, with a swipe of its claws, was able to rip apart the silk that restricted his legs. The officer picked up the small Bug-type, which had fainted from the super effective move, and returned it to its Pok? Ball.

Chase leapt up on to Josh's back and the duo dove into the foliage that lined the path, Josh crawling on his stomach into a patch of yellow flowers. He moved slowly so that the rustling did not indicate their location, but quick enough that he thought they might actually be able to escape.

"Furfrou, after them!" the officer commanded as the poodle Pok?mon bounded into the grass, keeping its nose low to the ground to track Josh and Chase's scent.

Josh crouched in the flowers holding his knees close to his body and his eyes shut tight.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man," he whispered repeatedly. He heard rustling drawing closer in front of him, indicating that Furfrou was on to their scent.

"Char?" Chase said, tugging on the sleeve of Josh's white tee shirt. He only received a harsh shush from his Trainer in return.

"Char!" Chase cried a bit louder, tugging a bit harder on Josh's sleeve. Josh's eyes shot open.

"Shhhh! Do you want us to get caught? What are you-" he started, but fell silent when he saw what the Charmander was pointing to. A spiky-eared, yellow and black mouse Pok?mon stared curiously up at the Trainer and his partner.

"Pichu!" it chirped, smiling and sparking its cheeks in greeting.

"Shhh!" Josh scolded. Suddenly, there was a bark and Furfrou burst out of the flowers in front of them, pouncing on top of Josh. Growling, it bared its teeth and brought its face close to the boy's.

"N-nice Pok?mon," Josh stammered. "Chase, h-help me..." He talked in a calm tone of voice, but his fear was clearly evident.

"Char!" Chase cried, dashing toward Furfrou, swinging its clawed hands wildly. Furfrou was knocked aside by the Scratch attack, but quickly retaliated with a Tackle, putting its head down and throwing itself full force into the Charmander.

Chase flew backwards into the flowers, but Josh was freed to crawl away from the battle.

"Ember!" he called, distancing himself on his hands and knees from Furfrou.

Chase spun around, swinging its tail in the process and releasing a stream of small sparks. Furfrou was hit directly in its torso, but stood unfazed due to its high defenses.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a small yellow bolt of electricity connected with Furfrou's head, zapping it in the process. The poodle Pok?mon turned, growling, to face the Pichu, which had decided to assist Chase and Josh.

"Chase, use Ember again!" Josh said.

Small sparks were once again released from the Pok?mon's tail flames while Pichu simultaneously released a Thunder Shock from its pink cheeks. Furfrou, despite its protective mane, winced at being hit by both attacks at once. It continued to growl, but slowly backed away from the group and retreated back into the flowers.

"Now's our chance," Josh said, grabbing Chase and rushing through the flowers to return back to the dirt path. Looking over his shoulder, he spotted the injured Furfrou being healed by the police officer.

"Sorry, officer!" Josh called, half mockingly. "By the way, I'm on your side!"

He didn't stop sprinting until Lumiose City and the officer were completely out of sight and the tops of the buildings of Santalune were beginning to appear on the horizon. Josh decided to take a short rest under a tree, but didn't want to stay long enough for any of the police to catch up to him. Chase climbed down from his shoulder and stood in the grass in front of his Trainer, crossing his arms and glaring at him angrily.

"Listen, Chase," Josh started. "I'm not a thief. This was all a big misunderstanding. You see, there was this woman in Lumiose, and this guy with a Machamp..." Josh stopped abruptly as he realized there was blood trickling from his cheek where had hit the ground.

"Ah, yikes. Look, you have to trust me. I can't do this without you."

Chase looked down at the ground, unsure. Josh smiled and picked him up.

"Let's get to a Pok?mon Center to get my face fixed," he said. "You also deserve a good rest after that battle."

He heard talking off to his right and turned to see the Trainers he had met at the Pok?mon Research Lab.

"What are the odds," he said to himself.

He walked up to the group smiling, though his expression was a stark contrast to his battered body and face.

"Hey, guys! What's up?"

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos

As Ellie started talking to the group, it soon became obvious that she was flirting with Zach, even moving close to him at one point. When she did that, Zach almost grabbed her hand, but she moved back to her original position. Adrianna didn't notice that, but she wasn't a fun of how Ellie was talking to Zach. She grabbed his hand even tighter.

When Ellie mentioned a "one on one" battle, Zach blushed and said, "Yeah, I'd love that." He instantly regretted that because he could feel a death stare coming from Adrianna, and it didn't even help hat Ellie winked at her after saying that to Zach.

Then, Adaline showed up and commented on Zach and Adrianna's new team members. Fennekin leaped out up Adrianna's arms to greet Adaline's Fennekin. Froakie stayed on Zach's head, not really feeling bothered by the others too much.

Adrianna didn't seem like talking too much because of how flirty Ellie had been with Zach. She figured she'd have to talk to Ellie soon after they reached Santalune City. Nonetheless, she still griped her boyfriend's hand tightly.

Zach waved to Adrianna before realizing he was the only guy in the group right now and he was surrounded by three beautiful women. "Oh man," He thought to himself. "Three good-looking women. What did I get myself into?" He glanced over at Adaline, Adrianna and then Ellie as he thought that to himself.

Adaline suggested that the group all go to Santalune City together, which sounded like a good idea to Zach.

"Yeah, I like that idea. Also, since it will probably be late when we get there, we could have all have some dinner together. I'll pay," Zach suggested.

Immediately, Adrianna complained. "No fair! I wanted just us two to go out on a date together."

"Come on, Adri," Zach tried to wrap his arms around her, but she moved away, closer to Adaline. "It'll be fun." Admittedly, Zach was excited, and a little nervous, about going out to dinner with three girls at the same time.

Just then, Oliver and Josh showed up. Adrianna was somewhat relieved by this because she didn't like the idea of her boyfriend just going out to dinner with other girls, even if she was present. "Invite them to dinner," Adrianna whispered to Zach as she walked back over to him. Zach was a little confused as to why she insisted that they joined him and the girls. Even though he was obviously being flirty, he felt that maybe she was going to act like that to the guys. Either way, he actually wanted to invite them himself.

"Hey, guys!" Zach greeted the two guys when they showed up. "Do you guys want to go out to dinner with all of us when we reach Santalune City?"

Back