• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon Z: Neo Flare Strikes! (T) (IC)

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
"Right," Josh said with a false smile and laugh, trying to hide his embarrassment. "I'm Josh! Nice to meet you all."

He made his way across the room to one of the unoccupied seats. Josh was eager to meet Professor Sycamore and his future partner Pokémon, but he futilely tried not to let his anticipation show, wanting to appear cool and collected. A huge grin was spread across his face.

Years
Dustin and Ramos each held a mess of papers in their hands, adorned with pros, cons, poor diagrams and indecipherable markings. Ramos pulled on his chin with his free hand and wore a distressed expression.

"Ah, I thought this would be easier..." he admitted and looked down at Dustin, who had begun to tear off another sheet of paper from his notebook. "Hey, sprout, maybe we should slow down with the' papers. I don't think they're helping."

"You're right," Dustin admitted, allowing the notes to flutter to the ground. He pushed his head into the bus's headrest and looked out the open window to his left, letting the breeze wash over his face, "But I still don't know if I want to choose chespin or torchic."

Ramos reached into his pants pocket, shifting in his seat and pulled out a single coin. He maneuvered it to show off both sides, a front adorned with a blooming flower and a back which displayed the number ten. "Heads, you'll choose chespin, tails you'll choose torchic."

Dustin gave a quick nod and stared at Ramos's coin intently. Ramos positioned the coin on his thumb, just as Dustin yelled, "Wait! I want to do it."

Ramos smiled and handed the coin off to Dustin. The boy grabbed the coin and haphazardly flipped it wildly as the bus turned and lurched to a sudden stop. Dustin and Ramos watched, mouths agape as the coin flipped through the air, out the window and completely out of sight.

"Lumiose City, Laboratory Stop!" rang out the loudspeaker.

Ramos stood up to make room for Dustin to get off and handed his backpack to him, "Good luck choosing now," he chuckled, "You're a smart kid, I'm sure you'll know what to do."

Dustin said his goodbyes to Ramos and got off the bus with all his things. He turned to look behind him, the bus was already driving away but the coin was still nowhere in sight. Dustin sighed and walk to the front doors of the lab.

Inside there was already a group of people Dustin's age coalescing and greeting. Dustin slid into the group, trying not to jostle people with his oversized bag or jacket and waited as he flipped between a drawing of a torchic and a drawing of a chespin in his journal, trying to decide.

Meanwhile, a simple coin lay on its back with a ten reflecting in the sun as it rested in the middle of a busy street.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
As the room was filling up Joe realized what a terrible idea stealing the gallettes was. Of course like a total idiot he didn't have a bag to carry them in.

The new girl walked in and introduced herself as adaline. and then another guy walked in. He then decided which code name to use.

"Hey guys. I'm Joe." He said nearly mumbling. All heads in the room turned to him. Two of them look nearly like, oh the thing can talk.

"Want a gallette?" He said. "I still have eight."

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: Looks like we are just waiting for ImMrRoboto. Hopefully he makes a post soon, especially since that would add another female character to the group (besides his character, we only have 2).)
Two more people rolled in, with one being a girl and the other being a guy. Both Zach and Adrianna were interested to talk to the girl, who revealed her name to be Adaline. Adrianna wanted to have some girl talk, and Zach wanted to flirt with her (when Adrianna is not around).

"Wow, she's pretty," Zach thought to himself when the girl came in and introduced herself.

"I'm going to go talk to that new girl," Adrianna proclaimed as she got up from the chair. "Why don't you go talk to some of the other guys, Zachy poo?"

Zach thought about that for a moment and while he was wary of her talking to the only other girl (so far) in the group, he reluctantly agreed. "Alright," Zach said as he got up from his chair as well. "Just don't say anything embarrassing about me, Adri,"

"No promises!" Adrianna winked at him and then walked over to Adaline.

She sat down on a chair next to the new girl, smiled and said, "Wow, looks like we're the only girls in the group so far. I heard you say your name is Adaline. Well, my name is Adrianna and that cute guy you saw me sitting near is my boyfriend, Zach. Sometimes I call him Zachy poo. Do you have a boyfriend? If not, there's plenty of cute guys in our group."

Adrianna glanced over at Zach for a second and then added, "But not my Zachy poo. He's off-limits, even if he tries to flirt with you when I'm not around."

As Zach walked over to the guy eating gallettes, he glanced over at Adrianna and Adaline. Occasionally, Adrianna glanced back at him. He could tell that she was ALREADY talking about him. He wondered what embarrassing thing she was saying, but put it behind him as he sat next to the hungry guy.

"Hey, dude, What's up?" Zach greeted the gallette guy, who even offered snacks to the group. "My name is Zach. What's your name? By the way, could I have a gallette?"

Midnight Umbreon

Years
"I'm Joe." Joe said as he handed Zach a gallette.

"By the way if anyone asks these" he held up the gallettes "don't exist". He considered hitting himself. Saying something like that was... Stupid at best.

"So...uh what Pokemon are you going to choose?" Joe asked.

Last edited:
Years
"It's nice to meet you, Adrianna. And no, I don't have a boyfriend. No one has been able to capture my eye yet", Adaline responded, momentarily glacing at Zach and the boy with the scar on his cheek.

"Anyways, how long have you two been dating? You make a lovely couple."

Adrianna seemed really bubbly and sweet and Adaline could see herself becoming good friends with her.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
Zach approached the boy with the scar who had offered his galettes, and he seemed to be engaging in conversation with the one who had arrived with his girlfriend.

"I'd like one," Josh said, smiling. "If you don't mind, of course."

As if on cue, Josh's stomach growled loudly. He still hadn't eaten all morning. His face reddened and he tried to laugh it off.

"By the way, I don't think I caught everyone's names," Josh added.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Years
"Course I don't mind, I did offer them didnt i" Joe said, and tossed Josh a gallette. "Seriously I need to get rid of all of them seeing as I don't have a bag yet and... They were half off so I might buy more."

"I'm Joe, by the way" He said

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach noticed that Joe had a scar on his cheek, but Zach didn't say anything about it. It wasn't his business and he figured Joe would reveal why he got it when he felt the time was right. Zach was a little uneasy about Joe's comment about the gallettes, but he still gladly took one and started eating.

Another guy, Josh, arrived. "My name is Zach and I am picking Froakie. My girlfriend, the brunette girl over there, is named Adrianna and she is picking Fennekin." Zach explained this and then took a few more bites out of the gallette.

Nearby, Adrianna was still conversing with Adaline. Both of them seemed to really like talking to each other. Adrianna could really see herself becoming good friends with Adaline.

"Zach and I go back a long time," Adrianna explained in response to Adaline's question. "To keep a long story short, his family opened a restaurant here in Lumiose City about 10 years ago. My family was running a boutique here in Lumiose. About a year after the restaurant opened, my family went there to eat. Zach was a busboy and clearly developed feelings for me when he first. I thought he was kind of funny, so we became friends. We started hanging out more after that and as we got older, we developed serious feelings for each other."

When she finished explaining, she looked over at Zach, who was with Josh and Joe. "Being with someone who loves you is such a great feeling," Adrianna explained. "He can be a handful sometimes, but I guess I can be a handful to him as well. Still, he's like my knight in shining armor and I'm like his princess!"

Turning back to Adaline, Adrianna said, "Don't worry. You'll find someone. I can help you, if you need any help."

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver decided against going for the galettes. He was in a strange state between wanting to eat for the stress and feeling like if he ate anything else, it'd come back immediately.

Without a word, he pulled out his notebook, and started writing. While not much has happened today, or anything all that suspicious, but there are a few things he had thought of, like pondering his plans on what to do once he left the lab, possible catches, good ideas for pictures, maybe a few places to rock on in... and a small note to not fall in flower patches again.

He started humming a song without really really realizing.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
"Nice to meet you both," Josh said, chomping down on the galette with delight, small bits of crust tumbling to the floor. "Froakie and Fennekin are both really great choices. I haven't even thought about which Pokémon I want to pick. I guess I'd have to see them all first before making a decision."

A puzzled look came over Josh's face. He really hadn't given his partner Pokémon any thought, though he didn't really have a preference. He decided he would pick whichever Pokémon he thought suited him best whenever Professor Sycamore finally arrived.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
"Huh thats funny my plan was also to pick a froakie" Joe realized suddenly that Calem had picked Froakie on his journey.

"Hey what if something happens and we all become heroes like calem and serena" Joe joked

He noticed something twinge in Zach's eyes but Josh was still looking at the ground.

He looked in the box of gallettes and realized he had counted wrong. "Oh whenever I said there were eight that was wrong turns out I still have seven" he was a little embarrassed but decided to pretend that it was a joke instead

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Jezebel winced as she entered Lumiose from Route 4. The bright lights were a sudden contrast from her home in Snowbelle, which was almost always overcast. Even her previous home in Cyllage wasn't this bright. As she walked along the sidewalk, her eyes adjusted and she started seeing some of the shops. They varied varied in type, from food shops to clothes shops and even a Stone Emporium, whatever that was supposed to mean. As she walked along the street, Jezebel pulled out the piece of paper on which she had written the address she was supposed to go to, as well as the time she was supposed to arrive. She casually glanced down at her watch "11:30, plenty of time." She said as she stepped into the Stone Emporium to see what it was about.

The interior of the store was rather fancy. There were a number of display cases throughout the room containing what looked to Jezebel to be mundane stones with the occasional gem. There were a few people dressed in suits throughout the room. They all seemed to be examining the stones very closely, and none of them seemed to notice Jezebel's presence other than the boy behind the counter, who briefly glanced up from his book. As Jezebel walked up to him, he marked his place in his book and look at her. He seemed extremely exhausted, but not physically. More like he was tired of being here or doing something. More mentally or emotionally exhausted.

"Welcome to the Stone Emporium, ma'am, is there anything in particular you're looking for?" He asked wearily as Jezebel approached. Jezebel looked behind him to the large cabinet behind him and saw several more stones on display, but these were multicolored and seemed to have small symbols inside of them. "Uhh, ma'am?" The boy said again, inpaitently.

"Um, what are those?" She asked as she pointed to the cabinet behind him. The boy answered without even turning around.

"Those are evolutionary stones. Some Pokémon evolve upon touching them." Another thing Jezebel noticed about him is that all of his lines seemed to be rehearsed, like he was playing a recording.

"Really?" Jezebel asked with wonder. She had heard of these things before, but she had never really seen them.

"Yes, quite impressive for how common they are." Said a portly gentleman leaning against the left side of the counter with a smug expression as the boy behind the counter sighed and put his head in his palm and muttered "not again..."

Unfazed entirely by the boy's actions, the portly gentleman continued. "But if you want to see something truly magnificent," he said as he pulled a spherical gemstone from somewhere, "I'd wager that this is more valuable than anything. It's one of the rarest stones in all of Kalos." As Jezebel looked at it, she could see that it shimmered with several different colors, and just like the stones in the cabinet, contained a symbol that looked like some kind of DNA strand.

Jezebel looked up as the gentleman continued explaining how valuable it was and how he daringly procured it, and saw a clock on the wall that read 2:14. Jezebel quickly looked back at her watch which still read 11:30. After shouting a rather heinous explicative before running out of the shop and booking it to Professor Sycamore's Lab on South Boulevard and stopping at the front door. She took a moment to compose herself and her appearance before confidently opening the door to find several people a little younger than her conversing with one another.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
The newest girl walked in and instinctively Joe looked down. He noticed that Zach wasn't wearing shoes.I

"Hey, uh, Zach... You aren't wearing shoes..." Joe said.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: OK, so it looks like everyone has gathered. I'll introduce Sycamore in my next post, if not the one after that, so be sure to wrap up any conversations soon. Not long now!)

Zach was puzzled when Joe told him he wasn't wearing any shoes. He was wearing shoes, and even looked down at them.

"Umm....I am wearing shoes, Joe," Zach replied with a puzzled look on his face.

"This guy is really weird," Zach thought to himself. He then glanced around the room to see if there was someone else he could talk to. He wasn't sure he'd want to hang around Joe often.

As if on cue another girl walked into the room. Adrianna was too preoccupied with Adaline to notice the new girl. Zach decided that would be a good time to go introduce himself to the new girl.

"Alright, Joe," Zach said as he got up. "Nice talking to you."

He walked over to where the new girl was and introduced himself.

"Hey, how are you?" Zach said to the new girl as he sat in a chair next to her. "My name is Zach."

Years
"That's really sweet, wow. It sounds like you two have the perfect storybook romance", Adaline said in response to her knew found friend.

"And, well, actually there was a guy that I sort of dated, if you want to call it that. Let me explain", she said taking a deep breath and looking down at her lap.

"He's the son of my father's business partner and close friend. My father always told me how I was to marry him one day, although, if I'm honest, he's not my type at all", Adaline paused, crinkling her nose, before continuing on.

"He's arrogant, snobby, and just a jerk in general. You know what they say, wealth doesn't buy class, or personality for that matter. Anyways, our families would always get together for banquets and such, and of course, I was constantly forced to sit beside him. He's always treated me like I'm somehow incompetent and foolish, he acts like I'm a naive little girl who can't fend for herself. Not only that, but he has very old-fashioned views that are just plain ignorant. For instance, he's openly discussed his disdain for the poor, saying that they are a burden to society, and that they're somehow less than us due to the fact that we're of affluence. He honestly couldn't be more wrong. The worst part is, around our parents he acts like a gentleman and it drives me crazy. I told my parents that I don't want to see him anymore and I've managed to avoid him for a few months. Although, unfortunately, I've never had any positive experiences with guys", Adaline said sighing to herself.

"Anyways, I apologize for my long-windedness. Perhaps we should change the topic. Professor Sycamore should be arriving soon, hopefully", Adaline exclaimed, trying to sound more cheery.

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Years
"I don't think he likes me" Joe said to Josh. "I made him look though" he held up Zach's wallet.

"Don't worry, I'll give it back soon" Joe slid it into his pocket

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver was just trying to brainstorm, not getting too far before one more arrival came. Putting the notebook back to his backpack, he waved at the new girl, and decided to ask a question to the others.

"So, if you don't mind answering" He asked, "any place you want to go in particular?"

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Adrianna listened very intently to Adaline's story and was very shocked to hear the details.

"Wow, that's crazy," Adrianna replied when Adaline finished. "I'm sure you won't have to worry about that with most guys in our group." She patted Adaline on the back.

Meanwhile, everyone looked as a door swung open. Out popped a thin middle aged man with purple hair. He wore a purple shirt tucked into black pants, with a white lab coat over it.

"Greetings! You all must be the new starting trainers I have been expecting. I am Professor Sycamore, the Kalos region Pokémon professor," Professor Sycamore explained. "Now, let me cut to the chase...."

Sycamore took a deep breath before saying, "Things are not going great in the Kalos region. There was a break-in at the prison housing Team Flare's commanders. To make matters worse, Calem, Serena, Champion Diantha have seemingly disappeared. In addition, we are unable to locate Looker, a member of the International Police."

Sycamore paused, in order to let this information soak into the new trainers. "Now, this is where you people come into play. In addition to possibly entering the Kalos League, please investigate the Kalos region and report on any strange sightings. We fear that Team Flare may be returning soon. Also, please do not tell anyone about what I just told you, even family members. We don't want the people of Kalos to panic,"

Sycamore paused again to let that information soak in. "Finally, in order to help in your quest, you will receive a Starter Pokémon, Poké Balls and a Pokédex. These items will be located in the main entrance room. One table contains starters from Kalos, another table contains starters from Kanto and the final table contains starters from Hoenn. Please pick just one. Then, I would like you all to head to Santalune City from Route 4. You may challenge the Gym Leader there. Shortly after that, please head back to Lumiose City and report back to me about any strange findings."

Sycamore paused a final time and then said, "Thank you! We are counting on all of you to save Kalos!"

With that, Sycamore exited from the door he entered to, returning back to his office. The man looked exhausted, probably from all the stress lately.

Zach turned to the new girl and said, "Well, it was nice to meet you. We'll talk later." He got up and walked over to Adrianna, who was also walking in his direction. She had said goodbye to Adaline, although it wouldn't be long before they all saw each other again.

"Wow. I'm kind of scared. What do we do?" Adrianna said when she arrived next to Zach.

Zach hugged Adrianna tightly and said, "Don't be scared, babe. I'll protect you." He glanced over at Adaline and waved to her. Though he didn't have time to talk to her now, he was sure he'd get to eventually. He was curious as to what his girlfriend and Adaline discussed.

"Bye, everyone," Zach said to the group as he grabbed Adrianna's hand and walked to the entrance room. Adrianna waved to everyone.

In the entrance room, there were 3 tables, as Sycamore had described, with each table having a designated sign next to it, with the words "Kalos", "Kanto" or "Hoenn" on each respective table. Since Zach wanted Froakie and Adrianna wanted Fennekin, they both went to the Kalos table. On the tables, there were 3 baskets of Poké Balls, each containing Starter Pokémon. Zach picked from the basket named Froakie, and Adrianna picked from the basket named Fennekin.

They both got a Pokédex and numerous Poké Balls from the receptionist at the front desk, who was the same one who greeted them when they first arrived. They put their Pokédexes in their back jeans pockets, and the Poké Balls on their belts. The receptionist wished them good luck as they exited the building.

"Man, that was crazy," Zach said as they got outside. "Let's see our new Pokémon!" He was about to send out Froakie when Adrianna stopped him.

"What did you talk about with her?" Adrianna put her hands on her hips and leaned forward.

Zach looked confused, but then figured that she must have noticed that Zach started a conversation with the red-haired girl. "H-hey......I didn't even find out her name. Sycamore showed up before we really started talking." Zach started blushing and backed away slowly.

Adrianna shook her head. "You're blushing." Zach sighed at that comment. "What were you talking about with that other girl?"

Adrianna glared at him. "She told me that you and I are a great couple!" She was shouting at this point, which prompted Zach to walk over to calm her down. He said sorry multiple times and even kissed her. Eventually, she gave in.

"Alright. I can't stay angry at you. Just be careful around other girls, OK?" Adrianna was still a little unhappy, but she was willing to give him another chance.

Zach breathed a sigh of relief. "Awesome! Hey, let's let our Pokémon out of their Poké Balls when we get to Route 4. I'll race there, and the loser has to do whatever the winner says!" He started sprinting down the sidewalk, towards the entrance to Route 4, before he even finished the sentence.

When Adrianna let him finished, she started running after him. "Hey, wait up! You know I can't run fast!"

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver's expression turned solemn as Sycamore revealed everything to the group. A dire situation to be sure. While he had no issue not speaking about this to others, he had the doubt of how long will it remain a secret, as sooner or later they'd do something big and impossible to conceal.

Taking a deep breath, he walked up to the Kanto table and took the pokeball that he wanted. He smiled softly, caressing it.

After talking to the receptionist and getting his PokeDex and pokeballs, he got out of the lab. As soon as he was out, he tossed the pokeball into the air, revealing the little blue turtle making a peace sign as it landed.

"Squirtle, squirtle" It said. Oliver kneeled and gave his new partner a pat on the head.

"Great to meet you, buddy" The boy said as the Squirtle nuzzled his hand. "We are gonna shine together, I bet on it"

With that, Trainer and Pokemon walked to the south, ready to try his luck.

"Now, I think a name would be good" Oliver said "Is Rafael of your liking?" He got a thumbs up.

With that, the new pair began its journey.

Back