• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon Z: Neo Flare Strikes! (T) (IC)

Years

15 | Female | Pokemon Trainer
99f14f006ab2b0d5b153ec5c9a55ad55.jpg

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Badges: 0
Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Scratch, Howl, Flame Charge

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Moves: String Shot, Tackle, Stun Spore

Adaline gleefully hugged her friend before Zach slung his arm around her shoulder. She hadn't anticipated his gesture, despite this, she smiled.

"There's absolutely no need to apologize for last night, I completely understand. Josh so graciously booked a hotel room for me and I had a delightful rest. Anyways, It's lovely to see you both! I just had a battle a few moments ago which was tremendous! My beloved pokemon did very well" Adaline gushed, her cyan eyes gleaming before she continued on "I was just on route to the Santalune gym. Whether I challenge Viola or not is to be determined."

Adaline had dreamed of challenging a gym leader ever since she was a young girl. She was incredibly ecstatic of the mere thought of an exhilarating battle with the famous bug-type leader, Viola. However, she wanted to ensure that her pokemon would be properly trained for the battle and didn't want to rush into battle without thoroughly planning her strategy beforehand.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos
Team: Froakie & Fletchling
Badges: 0/8

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos
Team: Fennekin & Pidgey

"Alright, now let's get going," Adrianna said as she and Zach released their grips on Adaline. She turned in the direction of the gym (which they could see in the distance), and started walking pretty quickly. Zach also noticed that she sounded a little bit....nervous, or worried, perhaps? He figured he could ask her about it privately.

"Hey, wait for us!" Zach shouted out at her, but she didn't listen and continued walking fast. He sighed and turned to Adaline. "I don't know what's gotten into her, but let's catch up. He grabbed Adaline's hand and blushed as he looked up at Adaline. They then managed to catch up to Adrianna.

"Adri, wait up!" Zach called out to her again as they got closer to the gym. "What's your problem, babe?" Zach quickly let go of Adaline's hand before Adrianna turned around.

When Adrianna turned around, she seemed visibly nervous, even though she tried to hide it. She was leaning forward slightly and seemed to have trouble standing still. "N-nothing. I, uh, just want to get this gym battle over with. I'm kind of a little nervous and....." Turning back to the gym, she could see someone sitting at the front of the gym and even heard him singing. She immediately recognized him as Oliver. "Oh, look! It's Oliver!" She pointed in the direction of their old friend and ran over to where he was.

Zach sighed at how weird his girlfriend was being, but he was happy to see another friend. "Let's go see Oliver," Zach said to Adaline. "Maybe this'll calm down Adri's nerves."

As the group approached Oliver, Adrianna was now leaning against Zach, who put his arm around her waist. Adrianna smiled and waved at Oliver. Zach said, "Hey, Oliver. I see you're here for the gym battle. Nice singing, by the way," He reached out for a handshake with Oliver.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City
Party: Squirtle (Rafael, Male), Taillow (Aile, Female)

Oliver sighed happily, feeling better about everything. When he had an instrument on his hands, he felt as if the world's weight just disappeared. But then, he heard a voice calling for him. Turning to see Zach, Adrianna and Adaline walking up to him. Smiling, he shook Zach's hand and got up, putting his guitar aside to get up.

"Hey, guys" He said "Thank you, and how are you doing?"

Looking at Adaline, he gave her a sheepish smile, and rubbed the back of his head.

Hopefully, he didn't do anything to annoy her yesterday.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Adaline was concerned with Adrianna's sudden alteration in demeanor. She seemed quite distressed. Adaline wondered if it had anything to do with Zach's behavior in regards to how he had previously put his arms around her. She certainly didn't want to give her friend the wrong idea. If Zach had any sort of inconspicuous adoration for her it would surely not be reciprocated. She would politely yet forcefully reject any of his future advances.

Zach unexpectedly grabbed Adaline's delicate hand, pulling her out of her thoughts. She deliberated whether or not to remove her hand from his but decided against doing so, as she didn't want to be perceived as discourteous. Luckily, he let go of her hand before Adrianna saw. As Zach attempted to comfort his distraught girlfriend, Adaline's cyan hues landed on Oliver. A smile instantaneously crept its way onto her face. Following the couple, she meekly strolled over to Oliver. When he laid eyes on her, he shot her a shy smile which made Adaline's cheeks turn scarlet.

"It's wonderful to be acquainted with you again, Oliver. I see you play the Guitar. It's such a spectacular instrument, indeed. I would love for you to play for me some time." Adaline's voice was soft and airy as she spoke.
tumblr_no1xf2Pxmm1r2ldpho1_500.gif

She meant what she said. Adaline had an immense appreciation for music. Growing up, she was taught to play a plethora of different instruments, the cello, violin, and the piano to name a few.

large.jpg

She had shifted her focus from her music in order to pursue her true dream which was to become a pokemon trainer, of course. Although, her undying love of music remained with her as she traveled.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City

"Great to see you too, Adaline" Oliver said, trying to act more confident than he felt "Yeah, been at it for a few years" Among other things "It helps me relax when things get intense, or important" He looked away for a second "If you want to hear me play, sure, just say when" Get a grip, Ollie

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

"Alright, I'll do just that." Adaline said, her red lips still curved upwards in a smile. Oliver was acting uncharacteristically shy around her, which was a little odd. "I do understand what you're saying, though. Music is a release, it allows you to express a plethora of different emotions. Not only that, but it's a way of turning your thoughts and feelings into art." Adaline smiled to herself as she recounted pleasant memories of sitting in her bedroom and letting her fingers glide across the keys of a sleek black piano.

"Anyways, perhaps we can chat more about our adoration for music later. We are at the Sanatalune gym, after all." Adaline secretly wanted to continue the conversation, but didn't want to make things awkward for Zach and Adrianna, hence why she decided to change the topic.
"Have you considered any battle strategies? I'm still trying to develop one, which is quite difficult since I've never witnessed Viola in battle before."

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

Both Zach and Adrianna were intrigued that Oliver and Adaline seemed to be getting close. They liked the fact that they seemingly weren't the only couple in the group now.

"Alright, let's enter the gym," Zach stated as he let go of Adrianna and walked over to the gym doors, opening them for the rest of the group to enter.

After Adaline and Oliver entered, Zach pulled Adrianna aside. "Hey, babe," He said as he grabbed her hands. "Everything alright?"

Adrianna blushed. She appreciated how caring Zach was being. "Yes, I was just a little nervous about the gym, but I've calmed down. Thanks for caring, sweetie!" She gave him a kiss on his cheek, which left a visible mark, much to Zach's chagrin. Nonetheless, he was grateful that she was feeling less nervous. The two of them entered the gym as well.

Inside, there was a big field surrounded by bleachers, which obviously meant they were in the right place. Before anyone could say anything, a camera flash occurred as the four of them were standing together.

"Excellent shot!" A mysterious voice shouted, before a woman with a camera appeared. "I assume you are all challengers for the gym? My name is Viola and I'm the gym leader. Now, who will be my first challenger?"

Both Zach and Adrianna looked at each other and backed away slightly. Neither of them wanted to be the first challenger.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City
Party: Squirtle (Male, Rafael), Taillow (Female, Alie)

"Just a few ideas, really" Oliver admitted "Changing the beat of the battle mainly"

As he checked his guitar case, he picked a few coins someone dropped.

"I know about her using the move Infestation, to keep a steady damage, and she uses Vivillon as her signature, beyond that, Surskit, but beyond that maybe guys like Joltik or something like that..." As they came in the Gym, he trailed off.

It might sound hypocritical, but he wasn't good when he was on the other side of the lens, he always looked away, or hid his face or had a pretty bad expression. Hopefully, he didn't look too bad.

At Viola's question, he looked at the others, to gauge reactions. Well, ready or not, here we go.

"I'll go" He said, giving a step forward.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Adaline smiled as Oliver volunteered to challenge the highly regarded Santalune city gym leader. This allowed her to study's Viola's battle strategy so she could figure out the most efficient way to defeat her later on.

"You've got this, Oliver." Adaline spoke encouragingly as she smiled at the taller boy who stood in front of her. "Keep a clear head and you'll do splendid. Remember, change the beat of the battle if necessary and be assertive, you never know what tricks she may have up her sleeve."

Adaline then proceeded to walk to the bleachers and took a seat on one of the middle rows. She reached into her purse and grabbed a pokeball, Paris bursting out of it instantly. "Paris, let's pay close attention to this battle."

The fox pokemon nodded knowingly.

"Also, let's be Oliver's personal cheerleaders. A little encouragement goes a long way." Adaline told, as Paris began to bounce about happily

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Joseph Phesoj
Pokemon: Froakie, Ralts

Once the officer had passed he climbed out of the bushes, and then he realised the others had already gone in. He walked in to the gym, and instead of waiting in the lobby , walked right through the doors, only to find a battle in session. Most of the others from the lab were there already.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

Zach and Adrianna seemed pleased that neither of them had to go first.

"Good luck, Oliver," Zach called out to his friend as he and Adrianna took a seat on the bleachers.

When Zach sat down, Adrianna gleefully sat on his lap as Zach wrapped his arms around her. He turned to her and said, "Since Oliver is going first, that gives us some alone time together."

Adrianna smiled as she gave Zach some embarrassing kiss marks on his cheeks before doing a big kiss on the lips. They then noticed that they were pretty far from Adaline.

"Hey, do you wanna go near Adaline?" Adrianna asked Zach.

Zach shook his head. "Nah, let's just have both of us stay together." As he moved closer to Adrianna for another kiss, she got up and started moving near her friend. "Wait for me!" Zach shouted as he started to move to where Adaline was sitting.

Adrianna sat down next to Adaline and wrapped her arm around her friend. "Hey, Adaline. Looks like your boyfriend is up first! You should give him a big kiss if he wins," Adrianna said somewhat loud, with a big smile.

Zach sat down next to Adrianna and put his arm around her. "Calm down, Adri. Don't embarrass Adaline." He then noticed that Adaline's Fennekin was out, so he decided to bring out his Froakie. Adrianna followed suit by bringing out her Fennekin.

Both of them yawned as they were released, but were relieved to be out. "I guess now they can all play together, or watch the battle," Zach commented.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Adaline was absolutely flabbergasted at Adrianna's words, as her cheeks became erubescent. "You must be mistaken, Oliver certainly isn't my boyfriend." She told, evidently embarrassed. She sincerely hoped that Oliver hadn't heard what Adrianna said.

"While Oliver is a remarkable individual, we're merely friends. Nothing more and nothing less." Adaline articulated every word carefully, as if to further emphasize her point. A tinge of scarlet still upon her cheeks, she glanced at Oliver who was about to engage in battle and pretended that Adrianna hadn't made such an absurd suggestion.

Adaline's parents rarely showcased their tenderness for one another, the most they would do was hold hands or offer words of affirmation. Therefore, Adaline wasn't accustomed to public displays of endearment, it was quite foreign to her. She preferred exchanges of affection to done privately and felt that it wasn't something meant for public consumption. However, she wasn't outwardly troubled by Zach and Adrianna's constant adoration for one another. She was aware of their devotion to one another and thought it was sweet.

Paris bounded off of her lap and happily greeted the other Fennekin and Froakie. Adaline watched as the pokemon played momentarily, before returning her focus to Oliver.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City
Party: Squirtle (Male, Rafael, Ability: Torrent Moves: Water Gun, Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubbles, Withdraw), Taillow (Female, Aile, Ability: Guts, Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Wing Attack)

"Thank you" Oliver gave Adaline a smile, before taking a deep breath to calm himself down as he walked to the battlefield.

Closing his eyes, his face changed at a more determined, serious expression. Everything else seemed to disappear around him.

?Oliver Pines, ready to go? He said. ?Let's do this" His call was answered with a laugh.

"Now, that's the kind of look I like" She said "The emotions brought by a battle always make for amazing shots, this is going to be fantastic!" Both of them just nodded.

?Aile, rise? He called, as Surskit came out on her side.

?Wing Attack!? He ordered.

?Icy Wind!? Both of the Pokemon attacked simultaneously, the cold air stopping the charge somewhat, but managed to connect the hit, both of them going reeling.

?Keep up the frost, Surskit?

?Aile, keep the distance? Aile started flying around the battlefield, as the frosty gust kept chasing the swallow, who kept flying in circles, diving occasionally.

For a minute, the battle became a lull, with several attacks missed, with Surskit sliding around the battlefield and Aile turning in critical moments to keep the hits form getting her.

?Now, Bubbles? The stream of bubbles started popping around Aile.

Beyond all the damage Aile took, he noticed something else?

Of course He thought She is killing my speed

?It?s over, Icy Wind? The frost attack was very close, when he decided to act.

?Dive and Quick Attack!? He called, as the tiny swallow barely moved out of the way, with a high speed crash.

?Peck to end it!? He cheered, as Surskit failed to get up.

?Not bad, but this is just getting started? Viola said, with her camera on hand.

?You were taking pictures all battle long?? Oliver asked, raising an eyebrow.
?Yep, I always get some spectacular shots in a battle? She admitted with a grin ?Why??

?It?s gotta be very difficult to do that without losing focus on either? Oliver admitted. Viola just looked proud.

?Well, time to continue? She said ?Vivillon, go!? Now, the opponent was a butterfly, with quite the distinctive wings.

?Are you up to it, Aile?? He asked, and the swallow nodded, even if it looked tired.

?Ok, Quick Attack!? He knew Aile wouldn?t last, so he had to get the first hit on.

With the slam, the scale Pokemon was knocked back, but came back on the air with ease.

?Gust? The resulting wind was enough to knock Aile down the ground, and with a groan, fell unable to get up.

?Take a rest, Aile? He said, recalling the bird and taking a second to think. One way or another, the battle will be resolved soon. Time to go all in.

?Rafael, stand strong? He called, as his Squirtle into the battle, trying to look imposing, making the trainer sigh.

?Infestation!? The first attack of the round was a swarm surrounding Rafael, who winced visibly, as it kept prickling him.

?Water Gun? There was a counter of a stream of water, getting a head on strike. While the damage wasn?t much, he could work with that.

?Let?s follow up with Tackle? With that, Squirtle charged head first as Viola smirked.

?Poison Powder? As the impact came, a cloud of purple dust covered the arena, as Rafael covered his nose, still feeling the effects of the Infestation and now, getting poisoned.

?Water Gun? He had to end this quick.

?Light screen? A shining barrier came, stopping the attack in its tracks. Oliver flinched himself, as Rafael was showing more and more fatigue.

?Tackle? The battle kept like that for a second, with Rafael trying to keep up on the battle, and Vivillon looking a fair bit fresher than him.

Oliver closed his eyes, trying to come up with something, anything to turn the battle around.

?It?s over, Gust?

?Withdraw?

Gust took Rafael to the air however, a strange blue aura started surrounding him. It was Squirtle?s ability, Torrent, giving a boost on the last legs.

?Now this is helpful? He said, with some relief ?Water Gun!? This time, the attack punched through the Gust, and even with the Light Screen, it managed to knock Vivillon to the ground.

?End it with Tackle!? Using the fall, the little turtle crashed head first on the fallen Vivillon.

Gasping and falling to the floor in all fours, Rafael and Oliver waited for a second, to see what comes out of it. Vivillon tried to get up again, but collapsed. It?s over.

Rafael jumped in the air as Oliver ran to pick him up, even as he stumbled.

?Easy, Rafael? He said, giving him a hug ?Good work, little guy, you came through? Pulling out a Pecha berry, he gave it to Rafael, who ate it happily.

?Now, take a breather? With that, Rafael went to sleep. Turning to Viola, he saw her taking a picture of him and Rafael, with him wincing from the flash.

?Now that was a finish! You were lost on the end, but you managed to recover nicely and win in the last moment? She said, grinning ?It wasn?t bad for your first time, so, as the Gym Leader of Santalune City, I hand you the Bug Badge to you? Extending his free arm, Oliver grasped the badge on his hand, looking at the badge with a smile.

?Thank you? He said, with a bow. With that, he walked up to the others, and sighed.

?Man, that was intense? He took a deep breath. ?Now, who?s next?? He asked.

Badges: 1/8

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
(OOC: So, I'll have Adrianna go next and then I guess Adaline can go after her and then we can finish with Zach.
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

"Aww, your cheeks are getting red!" Adrianna commented loudly as Adaline insisted that Oliver was not her boyfriend.

"Hey, Adri. Calm down," Zach said to his girlfriend, as he pushed he closer to him, to the point where she was sitting on her lap. Despite this, she still had a smile on her face , which caused Zach to sigh. Last thing he wanted was for her to say embarrassing things to their friends.

Nearby, their starters seemed to be enjoying each other. Both Fennekin were playing with each other by running around in circles, whereas Froakie was just laying down and watching nearby.

Throughout the course of Oliver's match (which Adrianna didn't seem too focused on), Zach was very much focused on the match. He was particularly impressed with how well of a battler Oliver was. He definitely wanted to have a match with him soon, and then perhaps at the Kalos League. Their teams were even pretty similar, thus far.

When Oliver finished, Zach whispered to himself, "Wow, what a match!"

Adrianna turned to Adaline and whispered, "Looks like your bff won. You should definitely give him a kiss for winning,"

Zach could hear what she was saying and pulled Adrianna away from Adaline. "Come on. Again?"

"It's no big deal, sweetie! Hey, I'll see you in a little bit. I'm gonna start my match now!" Adrianna proclaimed as she stood up, with Zach noticing (despite her enthusiasm) that she seemed a bit nervous.

She turned to him and said, "Gee, it's getting a little hot in here with this denim jacket. Hold onto it for me," She took off her jacket and tossed it into Zach's arms and wiped her sweaty hands on her jeans, which left small, but noticeable sweat marks on her jeans (much to her chagrin).

"You'll do great. Just calm down, babe," Zach encouraged her, obviously aware that it was nerves and not heat that was bothering her. She looked back and winked at him.

As she walked down to the field (with Fennekin following close by, she passed by Oliver. "Great job, Oliver. I hope I can do as well as you did!" She gave him a wink and was tempted to kiss him, but didn't want to anger Adaline.

"M-my name is A-adrianna Hepburn! I'll be your next challenger!" Adrianna proclaimed when she ented her side of the field and was face to face with Viola.

"Very well," Viola stated. "Say hello to my first Pok?mon!"

A Surskit came out, much like the one Oliver fought. This created an easy choice for Adrianna.

"Pidgey, come on out!" She grabbed a Pok? Ball from her belt, and out popped the bird, who was airborne in front of Adrianna.

"Let the two on two battle begin!" The referee announced.

Last edited:
Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Adaline brought a hand to her cheeks in embarrassment. Sure enough, they quite warm.
"I suppose they are rather scarlet, aren't they?" She admitted sheepishly.
Compose yourself, Adaline.

Adaline drew back in her attention to the center of the gym as the battle had finally begun. Oliver sent out an avian pokemon. It was evidently a flying type, meaning that Oliver had an advantage. Viola, on the other hand, sent out an intriguing pokemon. Adaline instinctively held out her pokedex in order to retrieve data on the mysterious creature.

"Surskit, the Pond Skater Pok?mon. Surskit can walk on water as if it was skating. It attracts prey with a sweet aroma it produces." Her pokedex informed.

"So it's a bug and water type. This should be quite an interesting battle indeed." Adaline murmured aloud. Glancing at Oliver, she smiled to herself.
You can do this Oliver. I know you can.

With that, Oliver commanding his pokemon to attack, the Tailow racing through the air towards the Surskit. However, the insect pokemon made an unforeseen move, it used Icy Wind.

How clever. Viola must have her weaknesses all covered. Adaline ensured to make a mental note of this.

She spectated with immense diligence, noticing how the Surskit moved with such utter swiftness. It was clearly well-trained. Despite this, Aile, Oliver's Tailow, proved too much for the bug type.

"Marvelous job, Oliver! Keep it up!" Adaline cheered energetically.

Now the battle truly begins.

Without any sort of reluctance, Viola sent out her next pokemon, a beautiful Vivillon appearing in a ball of light.
Adaline was mesmerized by the butterfly pokemon. "That's what Vienna will look like one day!" She gushed, speaking to Paris who now was curling up in her lap.
"Fenne! Fen!" Was her partner's reply.

Vivillon immediately proved itself to be a worthy opponent, easily taking down an already weakened Aile.

"Wow," Adaline breathed. "That Vivillon's really something."

Don't lose focus, Oliver

Oliver didn't appear outwardly concerned, calling his starter pokemon into battle.

Adaline held her breath throughout the rest of the battle. Both Vivillon and Squirtle fought with indescribable intensity. Both parties traded blows tirelessly, with such vitality. In the end, Viola was defeated, with Oliver reigning victorious and earning himself his first official gym badge.

Adaline couldn't contain her utter excitement. "Woohoo! Oliver that was splendid, truly! I've never seen such an enthralling battle in my life." She emitted.

"Your squirtle has such incredible stamina. I mean, both of your pokemon have such a willingness to fight to the finish, it's quite inspiring, if I do say so myself." She continued, a slight tinge of vermilion appearing on her cheeks yet again.

Before she had a chance to say more, Adrianna raced down the bleachers and declared that she was the next challenger and after nervously introducing herself to the esteemed bug specialist, the battle was initiated.

"Good luck, Adrianna!" Adaline called out to her friend.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City
Party: Squirtle (Male, Rafael) Tailow (Female, Aile)

Oliver gave Adrianna a thumbs up as he passed her.

"If you relax a bit, you'll be fine" He said, simply. Walking up to the others, he was surprised by Adaline's excitement, but smiled nonetheless.

"Thank you" He said, honestly "For a minute, I thought I was messing something up, but this little guy really showed what he could do" With a pat to the head to the resting turtle, he made his point. "How do you feel for your battle?" He asked, curious. "You too, Zach" He said, looking at the boy. And the other arrival. "Hey, Joe" He greeted.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

"Pidgey, use Quick Attack!" Adrianna commanded.

Pidgey flew directly towards Surskit with great speed, almost catching Viola off guard.

"Surskit, counter that with Ice Beam!"

"Dodge it and then use Gust!"

As a blue beam of energy shot out from Surskit, Pidgey narrowly managed to dodge, thanks to all the speed it had from Quick Attack. Being at close range now, Pidgey managed to land a super effective Gust, which sent Surskit reeling backwards.

"Nicely done, Adri!" Zach called out from the stands. His Froakie didn't seem too interested in the battle, however, opting to just lay on the bleachers.

Adrianna looked in his direction and blew him a kiss.

"Aww, nice encouragement from your boyfriend," Viola commented. "But, it will take more than that to beat me! Surskit use Sticky Web and then use Ice Beam!"

A web shot from Surskit, which trapped Pidgey, preventing the bird from moving. Then, Surskit launched a super effective Ice Beam right onto Pidgey. That attack hit harder than Gust did on Surskit. Pidgey even hit a nearby wall, and struggled to get back up.

"Come on, Pidgey! I know you can do it!" Adrianna called out.

Fennekin, who was standing next to Adrianna started barking, saying to Pidgey, "Get up and show them your strength!"

Just then, Pidgey seemed to get a big resurgence of strength. The bird flew towards Surskit, with a decent amount of speed (although not as much as before due to sustaining a lot of damage) and a look of determination.

"Ha! Too easy. Surskit doesn't even need to use Sticky Web. Just finish it with Ice Beam!" Viola called out with a great sense of confidence.

"Oh no! Pidgey, look out!" Adrianna yelled, almost looking like she was about to fall to her knees.

Luckily, just as the beam was about to hit, Pidgey, disappeared and then reappeared, catching everyone off guard. Then, Pidgey's wings became white as the bird hit right into Surskit with its wings. Ultimately, Surskit had been knocked out as Pidgey flew above it, battered but still able to fight.

"Oh my god! Pidgey you're amazing!" Adrianna yelled as she started jumping for joy.

"That was Agility followed by Wing Attack," Viola explained as she returned Surskit to its ball and then got out her second ball. "But don't get too overconfident. My next one won't go down so easily!"

Vivillion came out this time, with Adrianna amazed at how graceful and beautiful it seemed when viewed closer on the battlefield.

"Pidgey, use Wing Attack! Give it everything you've got," Adrianna yelled out, hoping for Pidgey to deal as much damage as possible. Like before, Pidgey's wings became white as the bird flew towards Vivillion, noticeably slower than when it used the move against Surskit.

Viola smirked and called out a simple command, "Aerial Ace."

Vivillion flew much faster than Pidgey and as the two were about to collide, Vivillion clipped Pidgey and dealt a ton of damage to it. As Vivillion was in the air, Pidgey eventually fell to the ground with a thud and was knocked out.

Adrianna and Fennekin raced over to where Pidgey was. "You did great," Adrianna said to the fainted Pok?mon as she returned it to its Pok? Ball. Fennekin licked Pidgey before Adrianna returned it. Then, the two moved back to their side of the field.

"This will be your toughest battle yet, Fennekin! Are you ready?" Adrianna asked, with a hint of nervousness in her voice. Fennekin nodded and barked excitedly before heading onto the field. She glared at Vivillion, who looked back with a cocky smile.

"Alright, Fennekin, use Ember!"

A short burst of fire shot from Fennekin's mouth and headed towards Vivllion. Without a command from Viola, Vivillion dodged the move.

"Keep firing Ember, Fennekin!" Adrianna commanded, hoping that one of them would hit. Unfortunately, Vivllion kept on dodging, much to Adrianna and Fennekin's annoyance.

"Oh no.....what do I do?" A very visibly stressed Adrianna whispered to herself. She almost looked like she was going to collapse from the anxiety and the stress. She put her hands together and started swaying back and forth.

"Adri, get it together and use a different attack! Stop being stressed, babe!" Zach called out from the bleachers. Froakie was now watching the battle and attempted to encourage Fennekin. Fennekin just scoffed and looked away from him, before firing another Ember (which Vivillion dodged).

In a rare moment, Adrianna got angry at Zach. "Gah, just shut up, Zach! I don't want your advice. Leave me alone!"

Zach was taken aback by this, but didn't want to continue this back and forth with her right now, so he listened to her.

"Hey, you should listen to your cute boyfriend once in a while. He might be right," Viola warned with a wink before ordering a command for Vivillion. "Aerial Ace!"

Adrianna was very mad when Viola referred to her boyfriend as 'cute' and almost wanted to scream right there. She got back to her senses when she heard a yell from Fennekin. Fennekin was being hit hard by Aerial Ace!

That being said, since Fennekin was now at a close range, Adrianna had an idea. "Use Scratch, Fennekin!" Fennekin hit Vivillion somewhat hard with her claw, knocking Vivillion back slightly.

"Now following with Flame Charge!" Adrianna yelled, gaining back some confidence. Unfortunately, the move missed, but Adrianna was aware that Fennekin's speed had now increased.

"Grr, you don't know how to give up!" Viola commented, noting the possibility that she might lose. "Vivillion use Aerial Ace once more and end this match!"

"That's right! I don't know how to give up! Fennekin, dodge it and then use Flame Charge!" Adrianna yelled.

Unlike before, Fennekin dodged Aerial Ace just in the nick of time (sustaining a small amount of damage in the process) and then her entire body had a fiery aura to it. She blasted into Vivillion with this aura and dealt a ton of damage.

"Great, now finish with Ember!" Adrianna called out encouragingly.

"Not so fast! Use Psybeam, Vivillion!" Viola countered.

Fennekin shot out Ember first and almost hit Vivillion before it countered with Psybeam. Both moves collided in a big explosion. Fennekin skidded backwards slightly, but still remained on her feet, whereas Vivillion hit a wall and fell to the ground, fainted. Adrianna won!

"Hooray, I won!" Adrianna exclaimed as she ran over to Fennekin and picked up her weakened Pok?mon. Viola returned Vivillion to its Pok? Ball and sighed.

"Congrats, Adri! I'm so proud of you. Come up here so I can kiss you!" Zach called out from the bleachers, although Adrianna didn't seem to either notice or hear him.

She walked over to Viola and before Viola could say anything Adrianna whispered, "Now you listen here. Zach is MY boyfriend. I don't want to hear you call him cute, you got that?" Before Viola could respond, Adrianna had grabbed the badge from Viola's hands and headed up to the bleachers. She returned Fennekin to its Pok? Ball and placed the badge in her front jeans pocket.

"Wow, that was a crazy match!" Zach commented when Adrianna was finally int front of him. "You looked so nervous that I think you peed your jeans a little!" He jokingly pointed at the wet marks on her jeans, from rubbing her sweaty hands on them.

"W-well, I d-didn't," Adrianna replied nervously as she looked down. "I was just wiping sweat off of my hands, earlier and I guess I was sweating a lot...."

Zach smiled. "I'm just joking around with you, babe. I know you'd never do something that embarrassing in public. You were AMAZING!" He reached over and grabbed Adrianna, pulling her closer. Now she was sitting on his lap as he kissed her on the lips. This was certainly one way to calm her down!

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

latest
(Vienna, Female)

Adaline considered Oliver's question momentarily before answering. "I suppose I'm a bit hesitant. While I did thoroughly analyze Viola's battle strategy, I feel that it would be highly beneficial to train with my pokemon a little more. Perhaps I'll watch Adrianna's battle before making a decision."

Adaline typically wasn't an indecisive sort, nor was she one to be anxious, however, this would be quite a monumental moment for her and she wanted to ensure that she was properly composed and prepared. Maintaining her tranquil disposition, she drew a small, sharp breath before directing her focus to the ongoing battle on the field in front of her. Adaline's friend appeared quite perturbed and panicked. Take a deep breathe, remain calm.

Adrianna eventually regained her confidence and managed to successfully defeat Viola, who seemed devastated at her loss. "Congratulations, Adrianna! That was a splendid battle indeed," Adaline declared encouragingly. Glancing at Zach, she was unable to determine if he was inclined to take on the bug-type specialist next. After a minute of steadfast contemplation, Adaline came to the conclusion that she would initiate a battle with Viola if Zach failed to do so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver nodded at Adaline.

"I see your point" He admitted "I kind of rushed in, because I thought if I didn't, I would have frozen up, but good luck, anyway" He said, cringing at what he just said. He kept quiet for a second, before ending with "Thanks for cheering during the battle, really" He admitted, blushing "It means a lot"

With that, he turned to Adrianna's battle, even wanting to say something, but deciding it wasn't a good idea, particularly with how she reacted to Zach, but she ended up doing alright, so he settled for a light clapping.

Oliver was absentmindedly petting Rafael all this time, but accidentally did it a bit too hard, and ended up getting a face-full of water as his Squirtle woke up startled.

Giving him a dirty look as he pulled out a towel from his backpack to dry off. Rafael smiled sheepishly.

So for now, he'll enjoy the pause as he waited for someone to be ready to challenge Viola again.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

"Alright, let's stop for right now," Zach said as he moved back slightly. As much as he liked kissing his girlfriend, he was itching to get started with his match as well.

"Aww, but I just finished my match!" Adrianna complained. She moved closer and grabbed him tighter. "You'll stay up here for a little bit longer.

Zach sighed and then glanced over at Adaline. It would be either him or Adaline next, and considering how he was preoccupied at the moment, it was clear who was going to go next

"Hey, Adaline," Zach whispered to her. "Looks like you're up next. Good luck."

Meanwhile, Froakie seemed somewhat disappointed that his trainer was busy right now. He also wanted to start his match. Nonetheless, he seemed interested in being friends with Oliver's Squirtle, Rafael. He got up from where he was laying down, stretched a bit and then walked over to the Squirtle.

"Hey, Rafael," Froakie said to the Water type. "That was a cool match you had. I'd like to battle you one day when my trainer is preoccupied with his girlfriend. Do you agree?"

Back