• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokémon Z: Neo Flare Strikes! (T) (IC)

Years

15 | Female | Pokemon Trainer
6b34b5f920dfa62322c2910f90696272.jpg

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Badges: 1/8
Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Scratch, Howl, Flame Charge

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)
Moves: String Shot, Tackle, Stun Spore, Protect

Adaline held her composure after Adrianna's bold remark. Zach appeared beside them before she could utter a single word, not that she needed to. Adaline had continually made it perfectly clear that she wasn't engaged in any sort of intimate or romantic relationship with Oliver. She only cocked a brow and observed how Zach seemed relatively displeased with Adrianna. There was a sort of awkward tension that hung in the air and Adaline had no intention of getting caught up in it. Whatever was occurring between the couple wasn't her business and she didn't want to impose on anything.

"I should talk to the nurse, I'd imagine that my pokemon are rather tiresome after such a pressing battle. Please, do excuse me." Adaline stated politely before approaching the nurse at the pristine counter. "Could you restore my beloved pokemon back to health, miss?" She asked the coral-haired health care professional.

"Why of course! Just take a seat and your pokemon will be back to full health in a moment or so!" The nurse exclaimed as Adaline gingerly handed over her pokeballs. "Thank you so much!" Adaline gushed before heading in the direction of a row of heavily cushioned chairs that were located in the corner of the pokemon center and taking a seat.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It didn't take long for Oliver to get into the Pokemon Center, waving at Adrianna and Zach as he went to hand over his Pokemon.

"Time for a break, guys" He told them as he smiled to Nurse Joy.

Well, now I have to wait

He walked up to the couple, but realized the bad move just before opening his mouth. Great, he landed in drama.

"Hello?" He got out, feeling very foolish and out of place.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos
Team: Froakie & Fletchling

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos
Team: Fennekin & Pidgey

As Adaline left, Zach and Adrianna had a brief moment to themselves.

"I overheard your conversation," Zach whispered to Adrianna, who looked nervous, but didn't turn to look at him.

Before she could respond, Oliver walked in. She started to walk over to him and said, "Ollie!". Zach grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to himself, keeping his arm wrapped around her.

"Hey, Oliver," Zach said to him. "If you'll excuse us, I need to talk to her privately." Zach gav Adrianna a kiss on the cheek as they walked away from other people.

When it was just them, Zach let go of her waist and put both hands on her shoulders. He was starting to get angry and said, "What the hell is wrong with you, Adri? You're flirting with Oliver!"

Adrianna looked incredibly nervous, though privately she did not regret her flirty behavior. "Shh....people can hear you," She put a finger on his lips to try and get him to quiet down, but he pushed her finger away.

Adrianna scoffed at Zach and began raising her voice too. "You've been cheating on me with other girls. I just thought I'd return the favor with a joke, you insensitive baby!" She pushed his hands off her shoulders and began walking away.

"Don't walk away from me!" Zach yelled as he walked behind her and picked her up, now carrying her in his arms.

"Hey, let go of me, moron!" Adrianna shouted as she fidgeted in his arms, though to no avail. Despite her complaining, she did wrap her arms around him as he held her.

She continued complaining, despite constant, stern requests from Zach for her to be quiet. As he continued walking, he passed by Oliver.

"The girl and I are going to the outskirts of the city. Please meet us there with Adaline so we can get moving," Zach said to him as he turned to the exit and headed outside.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver could only blink at the scene, wondering what just happened, but deciding it was a bad idea to intervene.

There are a couple theories on what's wrong He thought, getting his legs to move again But things will get messy if I say something

Walking around, he found Adaline, and with a deep breath, he walked up to her, with a bit of a nervous smile.

"Hey" He said, feeling very tense "Adrianna and Zach went ahead, said to meet them in the outskirts"

With that said, he backed off, waiting for them to call him.

There is a strong chance I might have offended someone He thought I am so out of my comfort zone, hopefully I can wing it

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

"Please put me down!" Adrianna begged as Zach continued holding onto her and walked towards the outskirts of Santalune City. People could be seen making confused looks as the couple walked by.

"You want me to drop you hard on the ground?" Zach asked.

"No, no..." Adrianna cried. "Just let me get off of you!"

Zach shook his head. "Nah. I'll just hold you. If I let go, you might just run off and flirt with someone else." Deep down, he was kind of enjoying holding onto her and could sort of get that same vibe from her.

Adrianna let out a slight laugh at his remark. "Oh, you're so funny!" She replied sarcastically.

"Alright, let's sit down here," Zach said as they reached a bench near the edge of Santalune City. "We will wait for the others here."

Just as he let go of Adrianna and sat down, he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer.

"Not so fast," He said. "I still don't trust you, so you'll be staying close to me." He put Adrianna on his lap, but she obviously liked this. She wrapped her arms around him and moved her head close to his.

"I bet you still like me," Adrianna commented, which caused Zach to blush, although he looked away very quickly.

"Don't deny it," Adrianna continued. She grabbed him by his chin and turned his head in her direction. "Come on, Zachy. You still love me and I still love you. Let's just end this,"

Before Zach could reply, she kissed him on the lips. When she was finally done, Zach leaned back and sighed. "You are a real piece of work," he said, to which she giggled.

"So, can I get up now?" She asked him. He shook his head no, which seemed to bother Adrianna, but calmed down when Zach lightly rubbed her back.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)

"My Pokemon are just with Nurse Joy currently. We can head on our way when she's finished healing them, if that's alright." Adaline said softly, looking up at Oliver with delicate azure eyes.

Conveniently, Nurse Joy beckoned to Adaline just a few moments later. "Miss! Your Pokémon are restored back to health." She called out cheerfully. Adaline got up and moved towards the counter, as Nurse Joy returned her pokeballs to her. "Thank you very much. Have a lovely rest of your day." Adaline said, casting a smile towards the nurse, simultaneously placing her pokeballs in her designer purse.

Turning to face Oliver, she examined his face momentarily. He seemed ever so slightly agitated, perhaps even anxious. He was trying to conceal it, but to no avail. Adaline could think of a plethora of reasons as to why he had this unnerved disposition. Although, it truly wasn't her business.

"Well, shall we head out?" She queried finally, avoiding his gaze but smiling.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Santalune City
Party: Squirtle (Male, Rafael), Taillow (Female, Aile)

Oliver just nodded, before chuckling to himself, at his own idiocy.

Overthinking again He thought to himself What a bad habit

With a smile, he went to recover his Pokemon, and after confirming which is which, he tied them to his wrist.

"OK, let's go" He said, more relaxed.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)

Adaline exited through the doors of the pokemon center, Oliver in toe. The two walked alongside each other down the cobblestone streets of Santalune.

The city was alive, as people and pokemon populated the streets. A slight breeze carried the saccharine fragrance from a nearby flower shop. The two passed a multitude of quaint boutiques, bijou cafes, and sweet-smelling pastry shops. "What a charming city Santalune is." Adaline breathed. "I'm going to miss it." She admitted, her voice ever so soft and delicate.
"Although, I'm excited for what's in store for us." She continued, gazing ahead and smiling with confidence.

Suddenly, a voice called out to Adaline. "Mademoiselle! je vous ai trouve."

It was Etienne. The dark-haired male stepped towards her, a bag of delicacies in hand. "You forgot these." He exclaimed, slightly out of breath.

He handed the bag to Adaline. "Oh! These are the chocolate covered Strawberries, I must have left them on the counter. Thank you so much for bringing these to me! You really didn't have to. I must apologize for my haste and my forgetfulness." Adaline apologized, before placing the bag of fruit into her purse.

Etienne shook his head. "No need to apologize, Madame. I'm more than happy to help." He said, his white pearly teeth gleaming as he spoke.

Adaline, feeling a tinge of rouge spread across her cheeks turned to Oliver. "This is Etienne. He helped me select the finest desserts for our picnic, you see." She meekly explained before facing the taller male. "Etienne, this is Oliver. He's my companion and dear friend. We're travelling together on a pokemon journey."

"Oliver." Etienne repeated, eyeing the snowy-haired male up and down, before firmly shaking his hand. He turned again to Adaline. "I realized never learned your name. I must apologize for not asking earlier."

Adaline blushed. "My name is Adaline."

"Ah. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. How fitting." Etienne drawled, his French accent heavy.

"Oh, nonesense. You flatter me too much, Etienne." Adaline replied, giggling. Truthfully she was rather uncomfortable. She didn't quite anticipate that etienne would be so flirtatious and upfront with her in front of Oliver.

Poor Oliver. She thought.

"How would you like to join us for lunch?" Adaline asked out of politeness.

"I'd be delighted to, douce Adaline!"

Adaline glanced at Oliver sympathetically, as the three neared the outskirts of town. Etienne walked so closely to Adaline that the two were nearly touching. On the opposite of the blonde, Oliver walked farther away, seemingly in an attempt to distance himself from her.

"I think I see Adrianna and Zach." Adaline exclaimed, eyeing the couple from afar.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver could only stare at the man in front of him, feeling somewhat irritated to see this Etienne guy flirt with Adaline right in front of him. But he felt it would be rude to do anything aggressive, so he just raised an eyebrow at him.

Trying to remain calm, he gave Adaline a confused look, before pulling out a harmonica from his pocket and start playing.

Giving Zach and Adrianna a wave as they got closer, he started bracing himself.

This lunch will be awkward. Hopefully no more than he can handle.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Santalune City, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Santalune City, Kalos

It wasn't long before Adaline and Oliver showed up. Interestingly, a third person was walking with them as well. There was an awkward silence at first as Zach and Adrianna stood up to meet the others.

Fortunately, Zach breaks the silence. "Hey. Looks like we can finally get moving." He turned to the newcomer and asked, "So, who are you? A friend of Adaline?" He figured the new guy was a friend of Adaline's because of how close they were standing together. They were standing almost as close together as Adrianna was to Zach.

Adrianna leaned next to Zach's ear and whispered, "Come on already. Can we find a spot to eat and then head back to Lumiose?"

Zach was a little annoyed and curious at Adrianna trying to rush things. He whispered back, "What's the rush? We'll get moving soon. Just relax."

Adrianna sighed and moved back slightly, but did look over and smile at her friends. Or at the very least, she hoped everyone was still friends. Maybe a simple lunch in the outdoors would calm things down.

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)

Adaline greeted Zach and Adrianna politely. "This is Étienne. He aided me in selecting only the most exquisite delicacies for our picnic." Adaline explained.
"Oui en effet. It was my pleasure to help a beauty such as Adaline." Étienne recounted, a smirk plastered to his chiseled face. She noticed him glance tauntingly at Oliver, but only for a mere second. Adaline laughed courteously, silently wishing that Étienne didn't have to act so coquettish. She also failed to comprehend why he felt it was necessary to glare at Oliver so jeeringly, as if to intimidate him.

Glancing about, Adaline spotted a quaint wooden table with a gingham tablecloth draped over top of it. The table was situated under the shade of a gargantuan maple tree. "Look, that charming table under the maple tree is the perfect place for us to have our picnic." Adaline gushed, motioning towards it.

"Ah! Merveilleux! You have quite the eye." Étienne praised as he led her over towards the table. Adaline glanced behind her, towards Oliver, offering a feeble smile.

When the pair reached the table, Adaline began spreading out the mouth-watering desserts on the table.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver gave Zach a smile and offered a handshake, while waving at Adrianna.

"Nice to see you, guys" He said "Sorry for the wait"

He just gave Etienne an unimpressed look, making it clear he didn't think much of his attempts of asserting dominance, nor felt any need to challenge him. If he wants to face him in any way, he'll have to speak up out loud.

So, for now, he tossed two pokeballs into the air, as Rafael and Aile jumped into the air.

"Good to see you two in good shape" He said, as he pulled something out of his backpack. "Now, time to eat" He said, with a smile as he served them, and boy, did they listen, going at it with gusto.

Taking a look at the desserts Adaline and gasped.

"Wow" He breathed "Amazing, Adaline, those look great" With a heave, he pulled his own food, while he admits it's rather modest, he liked it and made it himself, so, he felt a bit proud.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos

Zach returned the handshake with Oliver as Adrianna waved back at him. Both of them also introduced themselves to the new guy, Etienne. He seemed like an interesting person already.

With Oliver, Adaline and Etienne sitting down at the table, Adrianna and Zach had a brief moment to themselves. As Zach was about to head over and join them, Adrianna tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and saw her with her legs crossed very tightly.

"Um, I will be right back. I really have to go to the bathroom," Adrianna confessed as she nearly lost her balance. "I haven't gone all day....."

Zach let out a loud sigh. "Oh come on, Adri. Can't you hold it for a little bit longer? Don't leave me alone like this. Wait until after lunch."

Adrianna glanced back and noticed they were quiet a decent walk away from Santalune City, but she didn't want to make Zach more annoyed than he might have already been. "Fine, but can we please eat quick?"

"Sure," Zach replied. "Just try not to look too awkward. Let's not embarrass ourselves."

He gave her a light pat on the back as he headed over to the table. Adrianna managed to briefly uncross her legs and stand up straight, as she walked over to the table. When she sat down, she crossed her legs again and was tapping her feet on the ground. Zach sat next to her.

"Alright, let's eat!" Zach exclaimed as he reached for some food. He also gave food to Adrianna, who was just nibbling on her food. He put his hand on her leg, which was his way of telling her to calm down, which she managed to do.

Turning to Etienne, Zach asked, "So, I guess you are from Santalune City? Are you also a trainer?"

Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)

"Thank you! I just hope they taste as excellent as they look." Adaline commented, studying the desserts that were spread out on the table in front of her.

Looking at Oliver's homemade food, she smiled to herself. "Look's scrumptious. I can't wait to try your cooking." She optimistically gushed. "Oh! I almost forgot. How silly of me. I'm sure Paris and Vienna would be delighted to join us." She said suddenly, reaching into her designer purse and grabbing her Pokeballs, gently tossing them into the air before her two companions appeared in a burst of light.

The Fennekin excitedly dashed around the quaint table, while the Spewpa calmly sat in Adaline's lap.

In response to Zach's query, Étienne spoke rather curtly, his pompous demeanor becoming all the more evident. "Oui. I was born and raised in this beautiful city. And yes, I am a trainer. Battling is my passion and it is something that I excel at, if I do say so myself." After pausing for dramatic effect, he continued. "I've never been defeated in battle and I don't plan on diminishing my winning streak any time soon." He scoffed, almost in a challenging way.

tumblr_nefsrhLxkD1tueqyao1_500.gif

"Oh, Étienne, I was unaware of the fact that you're a trainer." Adaline absentmindedly remarked, as she fed a finger sandwich to Vienna, who chirped with glee.

"Jolie! I am a man of many talents." Étienne complacently replied, winking at the blonde female who sat beside him.

Adaline simply offered a pleasant smile, before gingerly grabbing a small sandwich and taking a tiny munch. "Oh! This is splendid." She proclaimed, delicately wiping her red lips with a napkin to remove any crumbs.

Étienne grabbed a sandwich too, studying it rather deprecatingly before taking a bite. "Oui. It isn't terrible." He mumbled, unbeknownst to Adaline who was jubilantly enjoying her lunch.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver couldn't help but smile at Adaline's praise, even if he wasn't used to cooking for many people beyond his family.

"Thanks, Adaline" He said "It's not much, but I try to be proud of it"

On the other hand, Etienne's boasts ignited something on him. He might be trying to keep things calm, but there were some challenges he wouldn't refuse.

"Undefeated, huh?" He smirked "Kind of makes me want to try to challenge it" Rafael and Aile were on the side eating happily.

Taking another bite of his own, and took his drink, smiling in relief that they liked his food in the end.

"I'm glad" He admitted "I don't cook for that many people, so it's good to know someone else likes them"

"So, what are your hobbies?" He asked them all.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos

Zach didn't seem to like the way Etienne was talking about himself in such a pompous way, but he was intrigued by Etienne being undefeated. Zach hoped to be the one who could stop his undefeated record.

Before he could respond to Etienne, Oliver asked a question about everyone's hobbies.

Turning to Oliver, Zach replied, "My hobby is battling and being the strongest." Turning back to Etienne, he said, "I like battling so much so that I'd like to be the one to end your undefeated record! What do you say to a battle right now?" He stood up and slammed his hands on the table defiantly.

Adrianna was not keen on them spending more time battling and tried nudging Zach to get his attention. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to hear her and was only focused on challenging Etienne. She still had to go to the bathroom really bad. As she tried to get his attention, she briefly lost control and a noticeable wet spot appeared on the front of her jeans before she regained control and crossed her legs tighter.

"Oh, please be a quick match," Adrianna thought to herself as she regained her composure and tried to make it look like nothing was wrong.

Ignoring Adrianna's troubles, Zach said to Etienne, "So, you ready for a quick 2 on 2 match, or are you worried about ending your streak?"

Last edited:
Years

Adaline Kestel
"Adventure Awaits"

Pokemon:
latest
(Paris, Female)

250px-665Spewpa.png

(Vienna, Female)

Adaline was a little caught off guard by the situation that was presently occurring in front of her. Étienne, on the other hand, seemed mildly entertained.

He glanced at Zach, a jeering smirk plastered to his fair face. "Worried? Ne sois pas ridicule. Apathetic, perhaps. I have zero interest in battling you." He declared with a laugh, dismissing Zach in a rather brazen fashion. Étienne's attention was suddenly turned to Oliver, his dark eyes growing in intensity.

"You on the other hand, Oliver, was it? Yes, I'd like to face you in battle."

Oliver seemed slightly flabbergasted at Étienne's forwardness. Adaline gazed at Oliver encouragingly, concealing any astonishment that she felt.
"Oliver.." She found herself uttering his name without any forethought, internally reprimanding herself for her foolishness. "I wish you the best of luck." She finished, her cheeks turning rather rosy, as she regained her composure, smiling pleasantly.

With slight hesitation, she cast her eyes at Étienne. "Good luck to you as well."

"Belle dame, Thank you! My victory will be for you." Étienne responded winking at the blonde, before turning his attention to Oliver.

"This will be a two on two battle, we shall see how long you last. Ready?" Étienne asked tauntingly, a cocky smile creeping its way onto his chiseled face.

"Let's begin! Ames! Let's show this little trainer who's boss!" The dark haired male hollered out, tossing a pokeball into the air with great force.

A blue feline pokemon appeared in a flash of blinding light.

giphy.gif

Adaline instinctively held up her pokedex in order to retrieve information on this peculiar creature.

"Meowstic, the Constraint Pokémon. When faced with trouble, Meowstic will raise its ears and create enough Psychic power to demolish a ten-ton truck. Its appearance varies, depending on gender."

"A Meowstic? How intriguing. It is fully evolved, indeed and it appears rather well-trained. I just wonder what pokemon Oliver will choose to face it." Adaline wondered aloud, Paris now hopping in the empty seat beside her, clearly perplexed by the battle that was about to unfold.

"Psychic" Étienne fiercely trumpeted after Oliver had called out his pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oliver Pines
Route 4
Party: Squirtle (Male, Rafael, Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, Tail Whip, Bubbles, Withdraw, Bite) Taillow (Female, Aile, Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Wing Attack, Double Team)

Oliver was mildly surprised about Etienne's challenge. The guy spent all this time trying to start a competition, but for him to be this direct was something he didn't see coming.

"Fine by me" He said, as he finished his food "You've been a complete idiote all this time, anyway" He got up, looking at his Pokemon, who just nodded, as he recalled them. Even with the tension he felt, he managed to give Adaline a smile.

"Thank you, Adaline, just gotta give it all" He admitted, before giving a mocking look at Etienne "Let's go, wannabe ladies' man"

"Aile, rise" He called, as the Tiny Swallow took flight. A Meowstick, huh? Interesting.

"Double Team" He called himself, as several afterimages appeared, as the psychic energy missed wildly.

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
Years
Zach Walker
Route 4, Kalos

Adrianna Hepburn
Route 4, Kalos

Zach was very annoyed at the way Etienne treated him. Before he could respond to Etienne, a battle had started between Oliver and Etienne, in which Zach seemed to be rooting for Oliver.

Etienne summoned a Meowstic as Oliver started with Taillow. Seemed to be an interesting matchup.

Zach walked over to where the match started and called out to Oliver, "Hey, Oliver, if you lose this match, then I am going to challenge Etienne next!" Hopefully Etienne would be up for another challenge, regardless of if he wins or loses.

He then reached for his two Poké Balls and brought out Froakie and Fletchling. Both of them seemed happy to have some time in the outdoors.

"OK, guys. There's this big match starting over here. See that guy with the Meowstic? He thinks he's tough. Wanna battle him after Oliver?" Zach explained to his two Pokémon. Both Froakie and Fletchling were excited at the prospect of having another battle and cheered when Zach asked them. The three of them turned to the battle and watched intently. Oliver seemed to have the upper hand at first, with Double Team causing Psychic to miss, but it was still too early to declare a victor.

Meanwhile, Adrianna was not happy that things had erupted into a battle. "Please be quick, guys!" She called out to the two trainers who started their match.

Last edited:
Years

Joint Post
Leocain & MysticalNinetales

059_Arcanine.png
latest

"Focus your psychic power" Etienne commanded, gritting his teeth. "Find the real one."

giphy.gif

"Let's use the distraction" Oliver called "Quick Attack!"

"Come on, Ames." Etienne urged, as the multiple Taillows were fast approaching the feline pokemon. Ames seemed u locate Aile, stopping the attack in its tracks and sending the avian pokemon crashing to the ground.

"Aile!" Oliver yelled, worried because of how strong the attack looked "Are you ok?" With some difficulty, took flight again. Too stubborn for her own good Oliver thought, but he knew that goes for both.

"Charge beam, now! It's weakened!" Etienne called out, a smirk plastered to his face. He glanced at Adaline, who was watching the battle intently.
Ames began to charge electricity, before hurling the beam of light at Aile.

Oliver was on it as soon as the electricity was gathering. "Dive and Wing Attack" Time to go all in.

Ames was caught off guard by the Taillow's immense speed, sprawling backwards after its attack brutally connected.
Etienne laughed, but seemed in slight surprise. "Nice one, but we'll finish this. Psychic, again!" He instructed. Ames began inflicting pain on the bird pokemon with its psychic power, a devilish smile on the pokemon's face.

"Aile!" Oliver's hand went to the empty Pokeball on him, calling her back, to spare her the pain. He looked down, his eyes hidden from everyone. There was something he didn't like about this, but he knew he had to go all in "Rafael! Stand strong" The Squirtle jumped into the battlefield as his eyes started showing rage.

Etienne grinned. "Adaline! Watch closely and see how quickly I finish this."
"Ames, Scratch!"
The Meowstic jumped forward, lunging at Rafael, the murderous smile still painted to its face. Ames began viciously swiping.

"Rafael, knock him down a peg with Bite" Oliver called, serious.

Ames yelped as the Squirtle bit it. "Ames! What are you doing? Fight back." Etienne cried, trying to remain calm. His cocky disposition suddenly faltered.

Oliver gave him a rather cold look"Not so brave now, are you? Bite him again and end him"

Ames collapsed onto the ground, Etienne returning his parnter to its pokeball with a shaky hand. "Que se passe-t-il!" He cried, before calling out his next pokemon, a Litwick.

Etienne seemed a bit unnerved and slightly erratic. "Flame burst, Lumiere!" He called.

The ghost pokemon sent a burst of raging flames towards the Squirtle, with the attack landing dead on in a gargantuan explosion.

"A powerful move, but it's rather ineffective." Adaline commented.

"Rafael, Water Gun" Oliver said, rolling his shoulders Just let it all out He thought Don't let this take away of your values and the fun of a battle.
RNuM.gif

"Dodge!" Etienne commanded. Unfortunately, the Litwick was a tad sluggish and was hit with the water-type attack.

"Lumiere!" Etienne clenched his jaw and sighed rather gruffly, carefully deliberating his next move. The odds were now evidently stacked against him, as Oliver had the clear type advantage. He was now frantic, desperate even. And he hated to admit it.

"Shit." He muttered, observing his pokemon in its vulnerable state. "Will-O-Wisp!" The Litwick flung eerily blue flames toward the Squirtle.

"Water Gun" Oliver called. He might give Étienne some advice to cope with things weren't going his way. He was a performer, after all. The water gun extinguished the flames instantaneously, before colliding with Lumiere, sending it reeling backward, before handing in a heap on the ground, a cloud of dust in the air.

Etienne nervously coughed as the smoke cleared, revealing that his companion had been knocked out. Reluctantly, he returned the Litwick back to its pokeball before scoffing.

"I can't believe it." Was all he said, his tone was so faint that his words were practically inaudible. "I was defeated..'' He continued, his ego now deflated.

Adaline glanced sympathetically at Etienne, much to his bemusement. "I don't need your pity, fair Adaline. Oliver is stronger than I am. I am not worthy of you." He stated, looking away shamefully.

"Don't be silly, Etienne. It was a marvelous battle. You both did splendid." Adaline stated, her rogue lips curved into a smile.

Etienne approached the blonde before kneeling down and planting a kiss upon her delicate hand.

"Je suis tellement gênée. Comme je l'ai dit, je ne te mérite pas, belle fille. Mon temps avec toi était incroyable, mais maintenant je dois dire au revoir pour le moment."

"We shall meet again. Next time, you better watch out." Etienne announced, smirking at Oliver. "Do take care of Adaline now. She's precious. Farewell."

giphy.gif

With that, Etienne headed back into Santalune.

"Au revoir." Adaline breathed, as she watched Etienne's silhouette disappear.

Her cheeks were rosy as she smiled at Oliver. "Congratulations."

Last edited:
Back