• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
unknown.png

Any idea why the error above shows up or how to get rid of it? The game is completely broken for me, it never used to be like this and as far as I know, I haven't meddled with any features.

Years
where's the vs seeker?

There isn't one, for the moment. It was a pain to implement at the time, but I might look at it in a future update. No promises though.

unknown.png

Any idea why the error above shows up or how to get rid of it? The game is completely broken for me, it never used to be like this and as far as I know, I haven't meddled with any features.

Could you resend that image? It doesn't look to have come through properly.

Years
Could you resend that image? It doesn't look to have come through properly.
I tried posting the image with a URL link and it didn't work so I added it as an attachment this time, hopefully this will work better. My apologies.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 17
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 19, 2022
Why did you make 10.2, a large update, only usable with mkxp? I can't play it now. Why isn't there an old version aka rgss version to also play? My computer can't run it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Hi Zerokid. This is thus far an enjoyable fan game and I simple adore how this game recapture the FireRed/LeafGreen feels. Thanks!

A few things you could add, life quality stuff perhaps.

1. List of pokemon we could encounter on the Safari Friends.
2. Pocket Organize. It's like opening a Bill's PC but on the road! Useful to swap your favorite pokemon on the fly instead of going back to PKM Center.
3. Re-battle the Gym Leader. The Gym Leader rematch can only be triggered if the Player has beaten the Elite Four, but now with their own full team.
4. Reward System for completing the PokeDex. This I don't really mind if it didn't implement, but it will drive people to complete the Dex more eagerly.
5. Vs Seeker. I know, I know. A lot of people is requesting it. Just needed to put it here.
6. Beauty Contest(?)... Maybe?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
I just got this and noticed in the data that both bottle caps and gold bottle caps are in the item list. Are they actually in the game? If so, do they work as normal (only at level 100)? Also if so, where can we find them in-game?

From everything I've read, this seems like my absolute ideal Pokémon game, except for IVs. I know that in Celadon, you can change natures. Please, please, please give us a way to control our IVs. Even if it has to be post-game. I must have some kind of mental issue, but IVs drive me crazy and I'd love it if there was a hassle-free way to alter them.

Sorry for the rant, but otherwise this game seems perfect!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Could someone let me know Blue and Leaf's teams? You can include them in spoiler tags. I know it's silly, but I just don't like repeating team members with the rivals. I'm trying to team plan and would love to know this!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Bumping in the hopes someone sees this:

I just got this and noticed in the data that both bottle caps and gold bottle caps are in the item list. Are they actually in the game? If so, do they work as normal (only at level 100)? Also if so, where can we find them in-game?

From everything I've read, this seems like my absolute ideal Pokémon game, except for IVs. I know that in Celadon, you can change natures. Please, please, please give us a way to control our IVs. Even if it has to be post-game. I must have some kind of mental issue, but IVs drive me crazy and I'd love it if there was a hassle-free way to alter them.

Also, could someone let me know Blue and Leaf's teams? You can include them in spoiler tags. I know it's silly, but I just don't like repeating team members with the rivals. I'm trying to team plan and would love to know this!

Years
Hi Zerokid. This is thus far an enjoyable fan game and I simple adore how this game recapture the FireRed/LeafGreen feels. Thanks!

A few things you could add, life quality stuff perhaps.

1. List of pokemon we could encounter on the Safari Friends.
2. Pocket Organize. It's like opening a Bill's PC but on the road! Useful to swap your favorite pokemon on the fly instead of going back to PKM Center.
3. Re-battle the Gym Leader. The Gym Leader rematch can only be triggered if the Player has beaten the Elite Four, but now with their own full team.
4. Reward System for completing the PokeDex. This I don't really mind if it didn't implement, but it will drive people to complete the Dex more eagerly.
5. Vs Seeker. I know, I know. A lot of people is requesting it. Just needed to put it here.
6. Beauty Contest(?)... Maybe?

I like a lot of these. Probably the earlier ones will be easier to implement. Beauty contest may be pushing it!

Loving the game sofar! Any plans for future updates? :)

Yes, although my real life has changed pretty drastically over the past few months so it's been a struggle to find the time to do this. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through an update at the moment... No set dates in the works though.

Could someone let me know Blue and Leaf's teams? You can include them in spoiler tags. I know it's silly, but I just don't like repeating team members with the rivals. I'm trying to team plan and would love to know this!

Final teams look like this:
Blue - Pidgeot (Heracross in rematches), Alakazam, Rhyperior (Tyranitar in rematches), two of Arcanine/Exeggutor/Gyarados, Mega Venusaur/Mega Charizard Y/Mega Blastoise
Leaf - Clefable, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Victreebel/Ninetales/Cloyster, Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert, Mega Venusaur/Mega Charizard X/Mega Blastoise
Red - Pikachu (w/ Light Ball), Espeon, Snorlax, Vileplume/Rapidash/Lapras, Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert, Mega Venusaur/Mega Charizard X/Mega Blastoise

Bumping in the hopes someone sees this:

Also, could someone let me know Blue and Leaf's teams? You can include them in spoiler tags. I know it's silly, but I just don't like repeating team members with the rivals. I'm trying to team plan and would love to know this!

I'll try lining something up for the next release. At the moment I'm afraid Bottle Caps have no use, but I'd like to implement a use for them.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Thank you so much for answering, zerokid! I check this thread almost every day, so glad to see you're still working on this! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
very good game!!!

Where i can get riolu and scorupi/drapion?

Last edited:

MelMellon

Mel
Years
Hi! Dropping by after having played up to Lavender Town on the recommendation from a friend who's far more versed in fan games than I am. I'm very impressed by the game - the image of a fangame in my mind usually tends to go a bit too far, be it in difficulty, alterations, writing, and so on. But you've struck a fantastic balance between being faithful to the original and adding encounters that feel extremely natural to Kanto's landmarks. I smiled seeing Teddiursa show up in Mt. Moon, that's such a perfect place for it to show up in I'm baffled it never did so in the Gen 2 games. The game feels fantastically balanced despite all of these additions and the personalities of all Gym Leaders remain the same despite them. Basically - I really like the restraint you're playing with!

I only have a few small things I'd want to bring up, I'll start with the most minor one. I was really happy to see that Absol is in the game, but placing him in Rock Tunnel felt somewhat odd to me. Absol's encounter locations in the series have consistently indicated or foreshadowed the existence of disastrous events, like showing up on Route 120 right before Team Aqua/Magma steal the Red/Blue orb in Gen 3, on Spear Pillar right before Cyrus awakens Giratina in Gen 4, and so on. Gen 1 and 2 are kind of unique in that neither of them exactly have a disastrous event for Absol to foreshadow so I'm a bit puzzled as to where Absol even would be placed, and why Rock Tunnel was settled on. Personally I'd advocate for moving Absol to the Pokémon Mansion on Cinnabar Island - to foreshadow the volcanic eruption we see in the Gen 2 games. It may be a little farfetched given that we don't see the mountain itself on Cinnabar due to Gen 1s limitations but its the location that fits best for Absol in my opinion.

Second, both of Red/Leaf's sudden ambushes so far feel a bit odd to me. Their writing makes them out to be the more timid one out of your two rivals, which I really like as a dynamic when compared to Blue (I don't know if this is further expanded upon as the story progresses, but it would be cool to see more more in-depth character development from the two of them as you go along). Yet in-game, Red/Leaf ambush you at the verrry end of Route 25, after Nugget Bridge and the path to Bill's laboratoy - he caught me completely off guard and made me wipe, and then did the same in Rock Tunnel. Had to make an exception in my Nuzlocke rules to simply not count deaths to trainers I had no knowledge or preparation for beforehand. I believe it would be more befitting for their character to wait for your consent to start battling, and maybe even to heal up your team beforehand. Also, Mt. Moon being pretty uneventful is one of the worse carry-overs from the Kanto games - it would be cool if Red/Leaf tagged along here somehow to give them more screentime.

Third, this is more of a Gen 8 problem than anything - the Gen 8 TMs really do mostly suck. TRs were a bad design choice from the start in my opinion and I find it really annoying that you have to effectively grind sidequests in the Wild Area just to get access to good moves like Thunderbolt, Swords Dance and Ice Beam. Your workaround is really creative but I still wish, if TRs are to stay in the game as they are right now, that they were more easily accessible. I don't think it would hurt much to scatter a few of them along the main story the same way TMs are - give players a few more teambuilding options early on in the game before they're able to rack up BP effectively. It would even call back to how Gen 3 used to be with their one-use TMs. (Also: Please make Toxic accessible again, Gen 8 not giving you any access to it outside of BDSP was criminal)

Finally, and this is maybe a bit too big of a question - is there any possibility that the entire Gen 1-4 dex could be encounterable within the Expanded Regional dex? Your plan is to include all 800+ Pokémon from Gen 1-7 and some more beyond that, but its my understanding that half of those will be exclusively available in the postgame? I don't mind that for legendaries, starters or mythicals, and cramming the entirety of Unova, Kalos and Alola's Pokémon into basegame Kanto would no doubt make things cramped. But to put all the "Japan"-based region's Pokémon into the campaign seems to be feasible - especially since the game is already 3/4ths of the way there (390 out of 494). Even if its not a priority to implement them now - and I understand that the process of adding and balancing them would likely be very daunting - it would be cool to have a complete list of all Gen 3/4 Pokémon not in the Regional Dex, and I would love to help out in finding places to put these last few guys on the map. The idea of having a perfect rendition of Kanto with all Japan-era Pokémon as available encounters in a Nuzlocke is simply mouthwatering to me, haha.

Sorry for the long post, but I wish you well in further development!

Last edited:
Years

Hey, thanks for the detailed feedback. This game is still—in fits and starts—being worked on, so I appreciate it. I agree with a lot of your takes here. The Absol thing, I'll admit I didn't put that much thought into it. When thinking of locations for 800+ Pokémon, some of them just kind of get shunted into reasonable seeming locations for their power and preferred habitat. As it stands, Absol is encounterable in HGSS with Hoenn Sound in a number of caves including Rock Tunnel, and Rock Tunnel seemed reasonable for a fully evolved Pokémon. I also agree on the 'friendly rival' ambushes and will be implementing those differently in future. I think it's fair to say they should approach battling you differently to how Blue does.

Gen 8 TMs do kind of suck. In a previous version, I updated to them from the (superior) Gen 7 TM system, to stay as in line with the main series as possible, but that's a decision I'm reverting in the next update. I've decided to simply take the best systems from each game that mesh well together going forward, rather than trying to 'update' to, in my opinion, worse systems. The next batch of TMs will be the original 50 FRLG ones, plus the ones from Gen 4 through Gen 7 in some form, plus a number of oddball choices from later generations, for a custom list of 150 in total. They'll also revert to being reusable, and I'm having all tutor moves from the series return in the form of Move Tutors in Pokémon Centers to replace the current TR system.

I'll have to think about how best to handle a Dex expansion. So far, every Pokémon that appears in Kanto in any game in some form (even by Hoenn or Sinnoh Sounds in HGSS) has made it into the Dex, and I've simply used their HGSS locations. The wild encounter tables are already pretty cramped, and ~400 entries is about in line with regional Dexes in mainline games. That's been my design choice to this point, so it'd need some consideration if I move away from that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Ahh! I'm so glad to hear this is still being worked on! I will be keeping my eye on this. :)

Years
After three years, v0.11 is finally out.

This is a big update, since the Essentials version was updated and I included a whole slew of features from later generations, including Generation IX. See the main page for a full list of changes... there are a lot!

I have been working non-stop on this over the last few days to get this out, so I'll be taking a short break, but keeping an eye out for any game-breaking issues.

If you're somehow still here after all this time, thanks for playing, and I hope you enjoy the update.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
So excited for this! I read the changelog, and I'm so happy about Mints being added in. I didn't see any mention of Bottle Caps. Are they planned for a future update? Thanks again!

Back