• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hey Zerokid.

I caught Qwilfish and has been looking for a way to evolve it. Where is the tutor for Barb Barrage?

Years
Hey Zerokid.

I caught Qwilfish and has been looking for a way to evolve it. Where is the tutor for Barb Barrage?

There isn't one. As in the official games, only Hisuian Qwilfish will evolve into Overqwil, and it learns Barb Barrage at level 28.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
Hi! Do Nature mints change just the stats, or do they actually change the Nature of the Pokèmon? For example, if my Quirky Psyduck uses a Modest mint, is it now Modest, or did its stats change to +Sp. Att/-Att?

Thanks!

Years
Hi! Do Nature mints change just the stats, or do they actually change the Nature of the Pokèmon? For example, if my Quirky Psyduck uses a Modest mint, is it now Modest, or did its stats change to +Sp. Att/-Att?

Thanks!

It's like in the official games, it'll change the stats but not the nature itself. This doesn't have much impact usually outside of things like Toxicitry's form.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
Ah, perfect! Thanks for replying. I care about it more for flavor, so that's what I was hoping to hear!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
WFqTnys

So, the game crashes every time I start the first battle with Blue. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, restarting the computer and…nothing. I was really looking forward to finally playing this. Any help?

edit: Okay, reinstalling it this time seemed to work. Let's hope it sticks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
I had a thought--would you be open to making the Gigantamax Pokemon into Mega Forms? I believe there are sprites out there for them, and they could be treated the same as other Megas. It never sat well with me that Machamp gets left out while Alakazam and Gengar get all the mega-fun. lol

Obviously Charizard, Gengar, Venusaur and Blastoise don't need to get another mega-evolution hehe

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 10, 2023
the starters of the other regions after beating the league can you only get 1 per region or can you get them all?

Years
I had a thought--would you be open to making the Gigantamax Pokemon into Mega Forms? I believe there are sprites out there for them, and they could be treated the same as other Megas. It never sat well with me that Machamp gets left out while Alakazam and Gengar get all the mega-fun. lol

Obviously Charizard, Gengar, Venusaur and Blastoise don't need to get another mega-evolution hehe

It's not part of my plans, sorry. I get where you're coming from, but Gigantamax and Mega Pokémon are too fundamentally different to make this work without resorting to fakemon, which I'm not planning on adding!

the starters of the other regions after beating the league can you only get 1 per region or can you get them all?

You can get them all. You can also get repeats if you so choose.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
Gotcha. No worries. Machamp is still crazy good without a Mega. It's mostly an aesthetics thing, hehe.
I've been having great fun with this to the point I'm already contemplating a second playthrough.

Have you given any thought to any kind of New Game+ option? Maybe with additional starter choices at the beginning?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 14, 2023
Hi

I played this game like 2 years ago. I had a lot of fun and really liked your approach. I'm replaying from a fresh new file as there is a new update and I'm still having fun.

I encountered a crash while fishing with the following stacktrace:

Spoiler:

I believe it is because I am fishing in a zone in a place where one of the Lati@s is currently. Here is my save file. The bug occurs maybe 20% of the time.

I did some quick investigation, and in "pbRoamingMethodAllowed", "enc_type = $PokemonEncounters.encounter_type" seems to return nil because my character is currently on a tile with no possible encounter

I don't really know the Pokemon Essential ecosystem, nor if it's a known bug. I think a potential fix would consist in either removing EncounterModifier from pbEncounter (as it is only used for fishing and rock smash) or passing enc_type to the EncounterModifier.trigger function (which would probably be cleaner but requires a bit more work).

Days
  • Age 14
  • Seen Jan 4, 2024
I spent so many hours trying to get adamant/modest/jolly/timid synchro Natu or Abra that I caught a shiny Hoothoot before getting an adamant or jolly synchro. The shiny was jolly. I'm only up to Cerulean City but so far my enjoyment for this game is equal to my resentment towards my RNG luck. I can't wait to see the rest of the game and try to complete the dex. If you ever make another game I'd love to check it out too because I'm loving this so far.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen today
You know that Nature mints are accessible after 6 badges for only 20,000, yes? Unless you need Jolly/Timid/Adamant Natures for flavor purposes, there's no need to hunt for Natures on wild Pokémon as you can always alter them later.

Years

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I'll see what I can do about it in the next update.

I spent so many hours trying to get adamant/modest/jolly/timid synchro Natu or Abra that I caught a shiny Hoothoot before getting an adamant or jolly synchro. The shiny was jolly. I'm only up to Cerulean City but so far my enjoyment for this game is equal to my resentment towards my RNG luck. I can't wait to see the rest of the game and try to complete the dex. If you ever make another game I'd love to check it out too because I'm loving this so far.

As Nanigans says, the Nature Mints are available at Celadon Dept. Store after obtaining 6 Badges, if you don't fancy the grind and only care about the stats! Good luck!

Started playing this the other day. I am having a good time, no bugs to speak of yet.

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Hi Zerokid. First of all, thanks for the excellent game. It is one of the few games with Gen IX Pokemons, and I really appreciate that. However, it seems like I'm also encountering speed-up issue on version 0.13, where the game is too fast (literally unplayable), as reported by another user. I've tried version 0.12, and it seems the issue does not occur in the previous version, so might need your help to take a look at the issue. Not sure if it's related to my current PC, which is so old (still on Windows 7 lol).

Back