• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

Years
  • The game appears to have the tendency to crash whenever you are using the Speed Up function and go into a wild battle. Not saying it happens every time, but maybe every few battles you get into a wild Pokémon, if the Speed Up is used then the game is going to freeze the moment the Pokemon appears or right when the commands show up.

Just a word a caution if you are using the Speed Up function to get through random trainer battles and wild battles that you are trying to capture Pokemon, save often or you will have a bad time.

Years
  • The game appears to have the tendency to crash whenever you are using the Speed Up function and go into a wild battle. Not saying it happens every time, but maybe every few battles you get into a wild Pokémon, if the Speed Up is used then the game is going to freeze the moment the Pokemon appears or right when the commands show up.

Just a word a caution if you are using the Speed Up function to get through random trainer battles and wild battles that you are trying to capture Pokemon, save often or you will have a bad time.

I've heard this happen to a few people. Unfortunately it doesn't seem happen to me the way it does to others so debugging it is quite difficult, but I am looking into it.

Years
  • the pokemon availability part of the 1st post says you can get a meltan near the viridian city pokemart? is that accurate because i can't find him unless he's behind the cut tree.

Ah, I'll fix that text now, it was moved to Pewter City in an update.

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Hey, I'm just wondering, I kinda need a Dragon type before the Elite Four, but I don't like 2 Pokemon having the same type on my team. I know you can get Dragonite before then, but I am already gonna have a Staraptor, which means that Salamence is out of the question too, and I can't have Garchomp or Flygon either because I am going to have a Swampert. I have a feeling that Goomy is on Two Island but I'm not sure. Would you be able to verify if you can find Goomy in Two Island, and if not, would you be able to inform me on what other 3 stage Dragon Types there are before the Elite Four? If there isn't one, I'm going to use Tyranitar, so if that ends up being the case, could you please tell me where to find the Tyranitarite?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey, I'm just wondering, I kinda need a Dragon type before the Elite Four, but I don't like 2 Pokemon having the same type on my team. I know you can get Dragonite before then, but I am already gonna have a Staraptor, which means that Salamence is out of the question too, and I can't have Garchomp or Flygon either because I am going to have a Swampert. I have a feeling that Goomy is on Two Island but I'm not sure. Would you be able to verify if you can find Goomy in Two Island, and if not, would you be able to inform me on what other 3 stage Dragon Types there are before the Elite Four? If there isn't one, I'm going to use Tyranitar, so if that ends up being the case, could you please tell me where to find the Tyranitarite?

You're right about Goomy. I'm not sure any other Dragon types fit your criteria unless you want Alolan Exeggutor.

Check out the 'Resources' links on the main page. Namely:
    Mega Stone Locations
    Encounters

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Thank you for your help. I am already using a Venusaur for my play through so I'm just going to use Goodra for the Elite Four. Just before I go, however, I would just like to say how your fan game is probably better than Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. Yes, I find that Pokemon Zero is the best way to play through Kanto. Well done with the game, it's fantastic!

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Hey, I'm kinda struggling to find any good poison moves that Venusaur can learn. I don't know if Sludge Bomb and Sludge Wave are in the game, but if so and they are TMs, would you be able to tell me where to get them, or be able to tell me any good poison type moves Venusaur learns by level up please? (EDIT) I'm currently on Two Island now, and I noticed a Trainer has a Torterra, and I was just thinking, when do you get access to the Sinnoh starters?

Last edited:

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    I have venoshock from Koga so that's alright, but I need Ice Beam for my Swampert so could you tell me where Ice Beam is please?

Last edited:

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Hey, just finished the game, good job! I felt like I had to grind to stand a chance against the Elite Four, but still it was fun. I beat my rival who was named Liam, after my brother, who kinda looks like Blue, so yeah, that was the best part about when I finished it.

Years
  • Had a couple of crashes happen at Mt. Moon on a new save file (hadn't played in some time, and got rid of my old save file). Neither of these I can confirm or reproduce yet, but I've had it crash after entering a wild Pokemon battle after going down a ladder, and it also crashed once right when the animation plays on the overworld that signals a wild Pokemon battle. Regarding the latter, I have not seen this since the first time this happened, and according to the encounter list for the area, there is only one Pokemon I haven't seen yet: Dunsparce. I will edit this post if there's more to add or I find out anything about the two crashes so far.

EDIT: Had it crash just now while trying to save. I think it seems to stem from doing everything too quickly for the game to handle, unsure why two music tracks tend to stack each other from time to time, but that is typically when the crashing occurs. I also encountered Dunsparce, so I do not know why the game crashed on starting a wild encounter.

EDIT2: No pattern to the crashes, even had a crash start up about a few seconds after I started up the game after closing it. It might have been mentioned already somewhere in the thread, but after you get to pick the Johto and Alola starters, where you can get the others?

Last edited:

XD-GuitarDog2

Koromaru
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Had a couple of crashes happen at Mt. Moon on a new save file (hadn't played in some time, and got rid of my old save file). Neither of these I can confirm or reproduce yet, but I've had it crash after entering a wild Pokemon battle after going down a ladder, and it also crashed once right when the animation plays on the overworld that signals a wild Pokemon battle. Regarding the latter, I have not seen this since the first time this happened, and according to the encounter list for the area, there is only one Pokemon I haven't seen yet: Dunsparce. I will edit this post if there's more to add or I find out anything about the two crashes so far.

EDIT: Had it crash just now while trying to save. I think it seems to stem from doing everything too quickly for the game to handle, unsure why two music tracks tend to stack each other from time to time, but that is typically when the crashing occurs. I also encountered Dunsparce, so I do not know why the game crashed on starting a wild encounter.

EDIT2: No pattern to the crashes, even had a crash start up about a few seconds after I started up the game after closing it. It might have been mentioned already somewhere in the thread, but after you get to pick the Johto and Alola starters, where you can get the others?

Hey, I had the same problem where the game crashed in Mt. Moon. Wonder what's up with it? Also, you get the Johto starters in the Alola Biodome in the Safari Zone and you can get both starters after finishing the Pokemon league

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2022
    Dear developer, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this game, the SCRIPTS are absolutely incredible, you deserve the best, thank you, continue with this wonderful work. When will you release the next update? I have a suggestion, if possible add the IOA dlc pokemons and the dynamax

Years
  • does anyone know where to find an ability capsule? if not i'll have to catch a different gastly.

Ability Capsules are late-game items from the Trainer Tower, but that won't help Gastly as it only has one ability anyway.

Hey, I had the same problem where the game crashed in Mt. Moon. Wonder what's up with it? Also, you get the Johto starters in the Alola Biodome in the Safari Zone and you can get both starters after finishing the Pokemon league

Crashes are a bit of a bug bear here, I believe it is something to do with the way looping music is handled in code that's beyond my control. I have made improvements here but still have some ways to go apparently.

when the 0.9.1, or newer version, is coming out?

No definite date. When it's done and I can fit it around other aspects of my life. Next update will be a v0.10 though.

Dear developer, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this game, the SCRIPTS are absolutely incredible, you deserve the best, thank you, continue with this wonderful work. When will you release the next update? I have a suggestion, if possible add the IOA dlc pokemons and the dynamax

Thanks. I do plan to include IoA updates. Dynamax perhaps not though as even Z-moves have yet to be implemented!

Just a curiosity how complete is the game

Everything up to the Trainer Tower is done. The Trainer Tower is fairly bare-bones but has a bunch of rewards already. Most non-Legendary Pokémon from Gens 1-7 are available and some from Gen 8. The game needs a bit of polish but is perfectly playable all the way through. No updates to Pokémon or moves from Isle of Armor yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2020
    Hi this game looks really good by the screenshots, is it possible to get shinies in this game? I would love to shiny hunt once i've got far in the game?

Back