• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémorph Medieval: The Scattered Shards

Years
  • Hey there everyone! Whoa! Just posted today and so many people here! Hope there's room for me in here!

Name: Jack Haakon

Appearance: Haakon is large. At 6' 9" and weighing over 300 pounds, his muscles are hidden by a thick layer of fat. His red hair reaches his shoulders, and the beginnings of a beard grace his face, along with a variety of scars. His eyes are bright blue, in sharp contrast to his dark tanned skin. His arms are muscular, his stomach is wide, and his legs are almost comically small in comparison, making him look rather top-heavy.

He dresses like someone who never knows what to expect. His wardrobe includes sturdy boots, leather pants and belt, a cloth shirt with a black leather vest, gloves, and a cloak. A red wide-brimmed hat with a white feather completes the outfit.

History: Born on Mount Mortar, Haakon lived an average childhood. When he was young, he discovered he could change into a large bug, so he spent most of his time in the woods. He enrolled in the military academy, learning the ways of the mountain. Oddly, he trained with axes, which have little use in the high mountains, but they gave him an excuse to be in the trees. His weapon of choice and heavy stature where commented on by the others, but his vast strength was not to be denied. He was given the title of Pointman, a leader of a pack, in recognition of his skills.

Haakon and two others ventured into a system of caverns, searching for treasures or rare animals to bring back to the village. Unfortunately, they encountered a subterranean beast beyond any of them. Haakon managed to drag one of his troops to safety, but the other was killed by the monster. He was tried before the Elders of the village, taking full responsibility. The tribunal renamed him Treecutter and sent him down the mountain, where he could use his axe skills to aid the villagers of Mahogany.

Effectively outcast, Haakon joined the village, where an initial failure to communicate led to him being known as Lumberjack. Lacking a real name, he was renamed Jack Haakon, based on his job title. Jack has soured somehat in his personality, and is a stoic and effective woodcutter, but sees himself as little else. He encountered the Order by pure chance, and travelled to Mount Silver after being discovered.

Personality: Jack seems to lack emotions, keeping his feelings locked up inside. He pursues his tasks with single-minded determination, and places his own needs and desires after those of others.

Weakness: Jack is highly obediant, and a little suicidal. He never thinks about his actions, and can be (and sometimes has to be) led around like a dog. He refuses to quit, even to his own detriment.

Weapon: A large axe, with a pair of handaxes as backup.

Pokémon form: Jack transforms into a red Pinsir.

RP sample:
    Spoiler:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Hey there, everyone! Just gonna sneak my SU in here, I hope you don't mind...

Name: Kelli Hartmann

Appearance: A small girl, 4' at most. To say she weighs 90 pounds would be generous. Kelli is thin, almost devoid of fat or even muscle of any kind. Her black hair is cut close to her head, and her green eyes are large and bright. Her skin is pale white, but mostly from lack of sun. She is fairly average, more cute than pretty. She dresses in a plain white shirt, a loose brown skirt with a cloth belt, soft shoes, and a grey jeff cap.

History: A fast-running and fast-talking girl from Cherrygrove, Kelli was the youngest and smallest of the family. With seven older brothers on her side, fights tended to end before the runt of the litter could maneuver into punching distance, so she trained herself to run. She ran everywhere, all the time, until she could beat her pack of mad dog siblings to the fray. Living in the small community, Kelli used her size and speed to her advantage, scouting for food and luring slower animals into ambushes. Her ability to become a dog-like Pokemon also helped.

Kelli found her way to Blackthorne after getting lost in the woods fleeing from some angry Spearow. She snuck into the town, where she could easily disguise herself as one of the local children. She found the city interesting, and relished the oprotunity to explore such a large and well-stocked city. After learning the basics of city life from the local children and listening to the guards, she blends in quite well, living off charity and whatever she can find lying around.

Although she enjoys her comfortable life, she longs to return to the wild, where danger and excitement lurk. Despite her speed and combat prowess, she knows she cannot survive without someone big to back her up, so she floats through town, looking for a new pack to join. After finding a crystal shard near the towm, her new pack seems to have found her.

Personality: Kelli comes off as lazy and quiet, but she is a bit of a thrill-seeker who enjoys trying new things and getting rewards. She is initially quiet and reserved, sizing up situations or searching around, but can be quite friendly or manipulative if she can see a reward or entertainment value in it. She spends a lot of time asleep, because few fun things seem to happen when she's awake.

Weakness: In addition to her laziness and reckless behavior, she is also quite frail and easily distracted. She has a hard time listening and tends to wander off.

Weapon: A small club and a shortbow.

Pokémon form: Shiny Electrike, with only one bolt mark on the face, reaching from her right ear to her face.

RP sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cool! I'm a huge fan of Inuyasha so count me in! Doing my SU now! :)
    Just a question, can my Pokemon form be Eevee as I want to evolve into Vaporeon later on? If that's not possible, I'll choose my other back-up choices. :)

Name : Diamond

Appearance : Black brown hair with a light tinge of golden. Sky blue eyes and pale beige skin.

History : His life was pretty much a drag until he wandered near the crater where a huge piece of the jewel has crash-landed and somehow, received the ability to morph into a pokemon.

Personality : Caring and warm to his friends and family, but silent and cold to strangers and those he is wary of. He has sudden mood changes occasionally. He usually makes himself unnoticeable, which gives him an advantage in battling where he can attack in stealth. He spents most of his time at home form the sun as he hates sunlight. He is nocturnal although he still sleeps at night.During the day, he keeps to shaded areas.

Weakness : He can be childish sometimes, and is impatient. He can't handle immense responsiblity and therefore, isn't the leader type. Independent, sometimes in a bad way.

Weapon : He doesn't use weapons to fight. In battle, he autmoatically transforms into his Pokemon form.

Pokémon form : If possible Vaporeon/Eevee, if that's not allowed, then I'll think of something else.

RP sample: This is from the RP "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Night and Day."
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • May I join? Try, at least :p

(EDIT: I kind of posted this before I saw that SU's were closed. :( Is there still any possible way for this one to be counted in?)

Name : Hiroshi Teijii

Appearance
    : Tei usually wears a black vest with brown outlines. Inside his vest is a red shirt that had sleeves which covered most of his arms. Covering the lower part of his body is a pair of brown pants that matched his black vest. He stands at a height of 5'11", a bit short for his age (I think) and his skin complexion is fair. His hair was black and his eyes were brown.

(His vest and shirt kind of looks like this, just in case I didn't describe it well:
    Spoiler:

History : Tei lived with his grandfather as a child. His parents died from an unknown reason when he was just a baby. Some say it was because of a wild Pokémon attack, while others say it was a murder. Nobody was sure. They just found his parents lying dead on the forest floor, with no marks nor signs of any possible attacks. They also found Tei, as a baby of course, next to the dead corpse, which made it all the more mysterious to the townspeople. His grandfather taught him self-defense so that he may defend himself against anyone who might hurt him, but even though he has already mastered it, he refuses to use it on anyone because he believes that violence is wrong.

As he grew up, he grew fond of fishing. Everyday, when his grandfather was looking for him, he would usually find him by the river, fishing for various fishes. He usually caught common fish Pokémon, namely Magikarp and Goldeen, but sometimes, he would get lucky and fish out a Seaking. But his most prized catch was the mystical Dratini. He only caught one once, but when he did, he wanted so much to tell the villagers about it. But there was something that he felt that didn't feel quite right. So, he released it back in the water, and in return, the Dragon Pokémon gave him a gem that looked much like a teardrop of water which shone blue under the rays of the sun.

Years later, while he and his grandfather went on a fishing trip, he fell down the river they were fishing on. It took his grandfather quite a while to find where his grandson was, but he stopped looking when he felt something nibbling on the line of his rod. He pulled it up, and was amazed to see a Dratini on the line. He put it on board his boat and continued looking for Tei, this time shouting out "Hey Tei! I just caught a Dratini!" After a few shouts, he heard someone answer from behind him.

"Um, Grandpa?" He turned and was surprised to see his grandson all wet. But the thing that surprised him was that where Tei was when he saw him, was where he put down the Dratini he has caught. His mouth hung open as he stared at his grandson.That was the first time Tei has transformed into a Dratini.

After the incident, Tei decided to put his ability to good use. He ran away from home, leaving a note that said he'll be back someday. He didn't go too far away from the village, however. He just hid in the woods by the river, where he would practice transforming into a Dratini. Soon, he was able to transform at will, but somehow, he still kept transforming unexpectedly.

Personality : Tei is a happy-go-lucky guy. He is patient, something he has learned by fishing. He prefers to travel in small groups. Maybe four to five members. He's not really a "people person" but he still likes a little company. He is calm and a little bit immature. He is against violence. He believes that everything can and will be solved by reasoning or peaceful conversation.

Weakness : He can't and won't hurt a fly. Even when necessary, Tei never hurts anyone and anything. He believes that violence won't solve anything. He even refuses to argue with anyone, agreeing to almost anything that has nothing to do with hurting anybody. This is probably because of his parent's death. Maybe, just maybe, he can overcome this fear throughout his journey.

Weapon : If allowed, just his hands and feet. He uses martial arts. If not, then a kendo stick.

Pokémon form
    : Dratini

RP sample:

This was from the RP "The Road to Pokémon Master!":
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaargh, this is difficult. But I've decided to accept around 10 players, because more than than I think will become too clutterish (if it won't already xD). I trust you who get accepted to be patient and do your best to make the RP run smooth for all of us :3

I'm not a big fan of reservations... I'd like to compare all of you >:3 Thus, the ones who have posted so far will be compared. LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGI- wait, easy now.

Ash_Ketchum123 and Godzil and Draginja are PENDING until I've seen the SUs of
    Phoenix987
    Garet
    Wolf In The Rain
    Raikiri
    Sandeon

I'll give them a day or two.

@ Bravoious - Will you add an RP sample to your SU? I like your character, even if your SU is a liiittle bit plain compared to the others here. - PENDING

Also, Godzil, even though your posts playing Scrapper are funny and fitting, they are very short. I won't accept you here unless you ppprrrrromise me to write bulkier posts than in the other RP. The rules state at least one bulky paragraph ;)

@ Vulpix001 - I'm sorry, but the standard of the SUs so far are a little above yours. I'll have to respectfully DECLINE you. Work on your RPing though, your sample was good, albeit a bit packed together.

@ Diamond1304 - I'm afraid I'll have to DECLINE you. Your SU is a bit thin compared to the others here, and your RP text is too packed together. Try working on thinking out different aspects of your character more when doing an SU, especially history, and split up the text in your posts for better readability in the future :)

As for you others... *evil grin* nyaaah~ Where are all the swords and booows? You guys are too imaginative with your choice of weapon /kid'n. Well, you two posted before most of the reservations, and your SUs are good, so:

@ New2 - You didn't write an RP sample, but then again... I've already been RPing with you, so you are ACCEPTED without it. A clumsy, pushover indian eh? Cool~

@ The Jewel Of Life
    - You don't consider it a weakness to be albino as well? ;p Glad to see you in here, I love the way you write. ACCEPTED. So now we have the weird, offensive girl.

I'm not claiming to be completely fair about this. If you are good, I let you in. If somebody else is better, they might get in instead. Can you blame me? :3

Years
  • @ Diamond1304 - I'm afraid I'll have to DECLINE you. Your SU is a bit thin compared to the others here, and your RP text is too packed together. Try working on thinking out different aspects of your character more when doing an SU, especially history, and split up the text in your posts for better readability in the future :)
    So does this mean I can still try to improve my SU or I'm totally 100% out? O.o
    It's okay, if my SU is very bad, just tell me. I accept all types of feedback so I won't get hurt or what other people might think about me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll PM you a thick wall of text containing feedback right now :)

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • RAWRG! /Facepalm. Sowwy I didn't get the RP sample to you... D:

BAD NEW2!

Thanks for accepting me anyway despite my shortcomings! Glad you like my SU as well. Can't wait to start this up and meet everyone else... >:3

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • Just asking...

So, do we start out in a group, or do we find each other over the course of time?

And also, when you said "medieval time", do you mean medieval, like damsels in distress and knights and all of that, or do you mean feudal Japan, like Inuyasha? Just curious.

And also, can you start with a magical item? I know the chances of that is slim...

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just asking...

So, do we start out in a group, or do we find each other over the course of time?

And also, when you said "medieval time", do you mean medieval, like damsels in distress and knights and all of that, or do you mean feudal Japan, like Inuyasha? Just curious.

And also, can you start with a magical item? I know the chances of that is slim...

Just some questions...

1. When you say "medieval" era, do you mean King Arthur and damsels kind of medieval, or feudal Japan, Inuyasha kind of medieval?

2. Are we all together at the start, or do we meet/band each other/together later on?

Thanks in advance. My SU'll be up tomorrow at latest~

True, after I had posted the thread, I started to doubt it was really called "medieval", the age Inuyasha was in, so I looked it up.

It appears (as you apparently knew ^^ ) that Japan was in a feudal state all the way until the 19th century. I'd forgotten that they didn't really evolve in the way the western world did until that late.

But I think the "high" and "late" middle ages for the European world were around 1000-1500, and Inuyasha was in the warring states period, around 1400-1600 so... let's agree on that this RP is set in the time span that was the middle ages here, but was called the japanese feudal ages there ^^

Which means, the setting is as japanese as a pokémon/Inuyasha setting should be~ If that answers your question? :3

As for the other question, yes.

You are all starting at the Temple Fortress on top of Mt Silver, ready to take off as a group. If you want to stay with the group later on (or even from the beginning) is of course up to you...

Please post further questions or comments in the OOC thread~

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Nice Inu Yasha steal. When i was reading the title i just thought, Sacred Jewel= Inu Yasha, and Celebara+ Kikyo corrrect? This is pretty interesting and I might join if some of the people don't post there SU's. Because Inu Yasha is straight up thugging. I think that this RP needs a Naraku which I would fill the role of maybe, if I joined. Good Luck.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Hey I added my rp sample and my character might seem plain now but I like to make use of flashbacks and intensely developing my characters through the RP

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
  • Name : Chiharu

Appearance : Average height for a girl her age Chiharu has long curly blackish brown hair that goes down to the middle of her back. She always has a cold look to her that can make her intimidating to people even those twice her size. She has sharp fangs and pale fair skin. She is always dresses in a red flower patterned kimono with a small pack filled with supplies for her poison tipped arrows and simple medical supplies. She also has the quiver for her arrows strung across her back at easy reach.

History : Chiharu lived in the small city of Olivine. When the city was taken over by the gang she discovered her pokemorph ability by accident while playing with friends. The kids thought her form was so cool but their parents thought otherwise and she was no longer allowed to play with the other children. Because of this Chiharu stopped showing emotions letting her anger at her old friends parents take over her making her into the cold person she is today.

After of few years of living in the city being shunned by everyone but her family Chiharu decided to leave the city not planning on returning until people changed no longer having prejudice against pokemorphs. Chiharu can be cold around people while at the same time helping them. Not even bothering to figure out their opinion of her since she's mostly in her Pokemon form.

Personality : Chiharu is a very quiet and cold person. She almost never smiles and has a cold demeanor that makes people afraid to be close to her. Since she never lets out any emotion other than anger people are afraid to see what will happen when the emotions she holds in are let out.

Though she's usually quiet if she gets angry at something she will yell and scream losing control of her temper completely. She can't stand people who are happy all the time and despises people who never stop talking even more. But when she see's a person in need she'll immediately help out but as quickly as she's there to help just as quickly she's gone, keeping to herself in order to try to control her burning desire to get all the shards.

Weakness : She gets angry very easily at the smallest things, and when she does get angry the anger controls her leading her to do stupid and foolish things that could someday get her killed.

Weapon : Not very good at close combat in her human form Chiharu carries around the bow and arrows she recieved from her parents shortly before she left home. Both the bow and the quiver of arrows rest on her back where she can easily grab them if needed and she's even managed to make a poison out of poisonous plants she's found in the wilderness into a concoction for poison tipped arrows.

Pokémon form : Shiny Growlithe, Unlike normal Growlithe in her Pokemon form Chiharu's fur is the same blackish brown as her hair and she has the same cold look to her almost black eyes.

RP sample: Chiharu glared at the man who dared to block her path. "Let me through now!" she said her tone warning the man to do as she said or else he'd face dire consequences.

"Do you really think you can tell me what to do girl! Your not even an adult yet which means you have no right to tell me what to do" the man said his katana in his hand. "Now what I suggest you do is go back to the inn since by order of the mayor no one is allowed to leave the village at night."

"I don't care what the mayor ordered I'm leaving now and you can't stop me!" she hissed angrily.

"And how do you plan on stopping me pipsqueak" The man taunted before freezing as the small girl in front of him morphed into a Growlithe that was so dark colored it blended into the night the only thing he could see where a pair of glowing brown eyes looking at him.

Chiharu growled angrily circling around the man who didn't look away from her eyes. He was gripping his katana tightly in his hand as he followed her movement. When she closed her eyes for a moment she kept silently circling him knowing he had lost where she was and when she stopped right behind him she pounced her claws digging into his back as he collapsed with a yell alerting other guards through out the village that something wrong was happening. Chiharu looked coldly at the man who laid bleeding and unconcious on the ground "You should have just let me pass" she thought coldly before quickly running off into the night.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nice Inu Yasha steal. When i was reading the title i just thought, Sacred Jewel= Inu Yasha, and Celebara+ Kikyo corrrect? This is pretty interesting and I might join if some of the people don't post there SU's. Because Inu Yasha is straight up thugging. I think that this RP needs a Naraku which I would fill the role of maybe, if I joined. Good Luck.
    Thank you ^__^ Ooh, a Naraku person. We'll see later on then, but hopefully people won't drop out quickly ;)

@ Bravoious - I'll evaluate you when the rest of the SUs are up as well. Thanks!

@ Lilliana - Sign Ups are closed for those who haven't already posted a reservation. I'm not taking yours into consideration for this round. Please sign up again if a spot opens up in the future.
    But that time, post your SU in the OCC thread instead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If people drop out once this is going, I'll join because I hate to see ideas that people put work into die because people just stop RPing.

Goodie~ Still, let's hope people won't ;)

---------------------------------------------- <- line of doom = RP starts! From here on, OOC talk within (( )) or something similar.

The morning air was chilly among the pillars and cliffs of Mount Silver. Springtime had been here for a while, but Mount Silver was the only place in Johto where it actually snowed during winter. The thin, white layer that had been covering the ground for some months had already melted away now. Flower buds were starting to emerge, shyly, and glistened in the yellow morning sunshine. Not a cloud to be seen on the sky... a good sign, at least.

It had been a long night. Celebara sighed as she walked out onto the balcony from her room. The temple had countless rooms like this one; just because she was the "elder" priestess, she didn't get a bigger room than the others. She didn't want one.

She leaned on the rail, made of solid stone blocks. The whole temple was a marvel to gaze upon. Celebara dared say its beauty even overtook the Beast Tower in Olivine or the Watch Towers in Ecruteak. But not many got to see the Temple Fortress. The security was even harder than usual, ever since the jewel got stolen. It had been a while now.

Some wandered here by themselves, seeking something. Others got called here. Like the group of odd people standing in the central temple plaza right now. Celebara could see them from her balcony, even though her building was a little ways higher up on the mountainside the whole complex was built on. These people... so different. Yet, so alike in a way. And so very young. Celebara sensed that they were all lost in life; the pokémorph phenomena affected everyone who came in contact with it, and the ones transforming were of course affected the most.

Yesterday they had been having a meeting in the largest chamber of the temple. Several pokémorphs had been called, but only 10 came. There were also some priests and warrior leaders of the Order of Celebi. It had been decided, even though some had objected or even raged, that these individuals were to be sent out as a group to travel Johto and return the jewel shards to the Temple Fortress. Only then could they be reforged into the Sacred Jewel... and balance restored. That was what they told the pokémorphs... but Celebara had serious doubts. What balance would be restored? Could there ever be balance in Johto as long as the Jewel was here? Where had Celebi, Ho-Oh and Lugia gone? If they were even alive any more.

The group in the plaza was ready to set off. Celebara wondered for how long they would remain a group. Until they got down from the mountain? Until the first encounter with an enemy? Or what if some of them simply preferred to travel alone right from the start? She sighed again. They really were individuals; all special. And she put her trust in them.

Only time would tell if she was a naïve fool to do so, or if last night would be the night that saved Johto.

The morning sun rose above Mount Silver's highest peaks to the west, and tickled Celebara's eyes. With one last sigh, she retreated from the balcony. Only time would tell.

((OOC: Since we're quite a few players, please don't rush things in the beginning before people have gotten the chance to post a little ^^ ))

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • There wouldn't be any natural disasters today, that was for sure. Disasters caused by humans or Pokemon, or even his kind...he wished he could tell.

Jolim was standing near the edge of the group, his pack on the ground beside his feet, and watching the other nine Pokemorphs with his left eye. The sword of his father was now sitting in its gray-dyed leather sheath, which hung from the left side of his belt. Jolim's bow and quiver were hanging from the back of his tunic, even though the bow wouldn't be so quick to get out in that position.

Jolim, who hadn't objected when he'd heard that they were to go as a group, was excited. He could finally talk to other Pokemorphs! Not to mention that this quest might allow them to finally bring Claire to justice.

Jolim shook his head. No, he had to stop thinking like that. If only for his mother's sake. Yes, she'd mourned his father's death, but she didn't seem to be angry at the Dragon Pokemorph...

Jolim looked up at the skies. No, no natural disasters today. They could get pretty far, if they all decided on where to go.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    [OOC: I'm going to first person.]

I touched the small golden hoop on my right ear. I would miss them, my family. I wonder what they are going to do with out me? How they were feeling without me there... I knew it was going to take time for them to adjust to me not being there, but I vowed, I would return someday and in one piece. I was planning to stick with it.

I check to see if my dagger was still strapped around my waist. I could feel the emotions of the other nine, who were just like me. So far I could feel confusion, reminiscence, and maybe even from one guilt? There were other emotions too, but in smaller portions and for emotions like those I needed to get closer to them (that or skin to skin contact). It helped me focus.

In truth I was confused myself, with the whole jewel thing. I had my doubts with it. Should such a thing like that really exist? Why should it? It was already corrupting others and ruining lives. Would it really bring peace?

No I can't doubt these people. They brought us ten for a reason, maybe it would be best to not doubt them?

Last edited:

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • Diiju folded his arms, turned away from the group and faced the sun, obviously admiring the morning. The air was cold, but he didn't notice the goosebumps rising on his bare arms. Diiju began to reflect on his trip here.

It had been a trek, but Diiju had made it. The picturesque sunrise lightened his spirits. It was quite pretty, the sunrise. He hadn't really noticed how beautiful it was, until now, of course. He was of his own kind. No. My family at the foot of the mountain are my own people. He somehow felt guilty, disregarding them. Sure, he was different from all of them, but he was still apart of their family.

He pushed these thoughts away. This was a new life, new language, and a new experience. He faced toward the group again, but, not one to start up a conversation, he waited politely.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(((OOC: *aspirates* The RP has begun! *cheers* )))

Back