• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Please add more 'Matured' Content to this game like flirting, relationship and etc etc...
Which might end up to bed (but that's your choice)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I created this account just to post this, actually..

But the work on this project is just phenomenal.

Many, many props and 'thank yous' for continuing this project and putting in such quality.
It's a shame the game must be free... I'd be glad to pay. I wish I had some writing talent to contribute to development.

A side note, I would love to see male love interests (i'm kinda gay... :3c heh heh oops) but it's totally understandable considering the amount of additional work it would add as well as that not being the general appeal.
I made sure to get Red to spend as much time as possible with Brendan to see if something would happen :P

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Minor updates/answering some questions.

We have two additional writers helping with the project now. But as always, we'll continue looking out for new talent should the talent fit our needs.

The battle engine is deep in development, so we're pretty stoked about that.

Please add more 'Matured' Content to this game like flirting, relationship and etc etc...
Which might end up to bed (but that's your choice)
This game will be rated T at max.

A side note, I would love to see male love interests (i'm kinda gay... :3c heh heh oops) but it's totally understandable considering the amount of additional work it would add as well as that not being the general appeal.
Perhaps you know already, but for those who missed it, we briefly addressed this point in the PokeCommunity interview.

"Another one is a more touchy subject, which is LGBT relationships. In this day and age, it's all about proper representation and we get that. However, it's impossible to please everyone and we can only focus on the most logical course of action in our best interest. In our case, it's more about knowing our audience. Our primary demographic is not the LGBT community. It's roughly 80% males between the ages of 16 to 34 (nearly 40% between 18-24) with only a small fraction of them that fall under the LGBT community (I actually do a fair share of research on our target audience group, considering that's part of my real job). We can certainly make references or put a spotlight here and there on some topics or issues should the opportunities arise, but we're not going to go out of our way just for the sake of doing so. We'll prioritize content that the majority of our audience is interested in."

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
I'd like to know how much more gameplay would be in every update. Like would there be updates for every in game month, or closer to half a year in game?

VisualJae

Years
I'd like to know how much more gameplay would be in every update. Like would there be updates for every in game month, or closer to half a year in game?

We never planned on updates being episodic. The next public release will likely be the final version, which will not be out anytime soon. Things can change, though.

Years
How, how could i not know about this? 0-0
It's probably going to become one of my favorites fan games.
But...if the next update will be the complete game, i think i have to wait a year or two, right?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 11, 2017
Just read my other comment.

Hello you've may have already saw my quick reply but just to be sure I'm doing another one. Hello my name is Jared and I was wondering how can I become a writer for this game. I would like to become one because I think it'll be a great experience and will help me write better for my own game that I am working on Shinobi Odessy. All feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Hello you've may have already saw my quick reply but just to be sure I'm doing another one. Hello my name is Jared and I was wondering how can I become a writer for this game. I would like to become one because I think it'll be a great experience and will help me write better for my own game that I am working on Shinobi Odessy. All feedback is appreciated.

err.....Have you read the first post at least? It says there.

VisualJae

Years
Hello! Before continuing, for those who don't know, we have a few new writers on board/waiting in the wings, but we'll continue to look for more experienced writers to help with the game. See here for more information.

It's been a while since the last "Ask Me Almost Anything" (AMAA) series. Most of the work done since March has been behind-the-scenes organization work, so there isn't a whole lot of change on the surface level. But since there are a lot of new followers, we think it'll be a good idea to catch everyone up.

We'll be collecting questions starting today and post the article on Friday, July 8, 2016. Development questions are welcome, but we will avoid answering questions related to plot. And as always, any questions regarding release dates will not be answered.

Before you ask, make sure your question hasn't been answered in the past:
- Developer Interview with PokéCommunity (May 2016)
- Ask Me Almost Anything: March 2016
- Ask Me Almost Anything: February 2016
- Ask Me Almost Anything: January 2016
- Official General Discussion Forum

To submit questions, you can comment in this thread, tweet at us @PokemonVisual (hashtag *#PokemonVN* for easier tracking), post on our Facebook page, or email us at [email protected].

We look forward to providing more insight for everyone!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How will vacations and holidays be handled? Will there even be any? How about Summer, Winter and Spring vacations? Are there any Pokemon holidays we can look foreword to? Will I be able to go on that cruise with Leaf, or party in Unova with Hilbert? Or will there be three grueling years of straight school?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
Is there any way we could contribute to the game ? Be it by actually working on part of it , donating or perhaps making a kick-start for the project?
I feel there's a great number of people willing to help and I want you to know that you have a great idea between your hands and i would hate to see such a beautiful work go to waste .

Years
Is there any way we could contribute to the game ? Be it by actually working on part of it , donating or perhaps making a kick-start for the project?
I feel there's a great number of people willing to help and I want you to know that you have a great idea between your hands and i would hate to see such a beautiful work go to waste .

Involving money while making games using Nintendo's intellectual property is a great way to get a C&D. If anyone insists on having one, do not link it here. I'd prefer to not put any unrelated fangames at risk

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Intriguing game . The art is particularly impressive

Seems like there's a lot more to the game than whats currently available. ~1GB download for about an hour of gamplay? Just how big is the final release gonna be? {XD}

Years
I really enjoyed the demo! I am a huge fan of the academy setting and I think you guys do it really well <3 I can't wait to see the next update!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Hey guys. Just wanted to say to anyone who's contributed to this project a job well done. Really like the designs, the aesthetic and overall what I've seen of the demo so far. The art is really pretty and I'm looking forward to hearing more about this project.

Just a question...What are the chances of Nintendo pulling a DMCA notice against this? I know this project is non profit but recently a fan-made non profit Metroid II remake got a DMCA notice in their website.

I know that was probably because it was a full blown copy of an existing game and hopefully fair use can fall under this project which has its own assets build from the ground up but I'm a tad bit worried. Hopefully this project sticks because the people involved have worked so hard on this and it would be a shame to watch it go to waste.

Keep up the good work, guys.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
This looks absolutely phenomenal. I love the anime vibes i get from this. I wish you the best of luck with this!

VisualJae

Years
Production is still underway for this game, so no worries there. The vast majority of the work right now is on writing so it's difficult to share anything without spoiling. Please make sure to follow the social media pages for more spontaneous updates.

Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Seems like there's a lot more to the game than whats currently available. ~1GB download for about an hour of gamplay? Just how big is the final release gonna be? {XD}
On our end we actually just made some adjustments and drastically cut down the game's overall size (as much as 90%+) without losing quality. It's actually miraculous and we love it.

Back