• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Advanced

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Inspiration!

Ok, I was playing pokemon Colluseum this morning, and I thout that it would be good to make a rm2k game based on it, so I was thinking of changing the theme of this game, so that it is a little more like pokemon colluseum.

If I did, here is what the game would feature:

:3: Shadow pokemon to be caught
:4: 1 on 1 battles instead on 2 on 2
:3: colluseum battles [colluseums will act as gyms]
:4: Eliet four
:3: purifying your shadow pokemon pokemon
:4: Add lots more!

Please post and tell me if you think that this is a good idea, because I do.

JoWood

貴族のキケロ
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
It sounds ok. The idea of purifying pokemon on colluseum is good because it has good storyline to back it up.

If you can think of a storyline to explain why there are shadow pokemon. It the process of stealin em' from trainers (can you make all the minions & stuff?). Purification as well.

Indeed moving your game into a pokemon colluseum would be cool. But you have to consider all the work that comes behind it. (Im not tryin to discourage u)

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Update!

Right then, It has been a while sinse I last updated this thread, mainly because I have been swamped with school work, and revision. I have some good news and some bad news.

GOOD ~ I will start working on the project again!

BAD ~ I have 6 more exams to do, so I will not be able to start working on it for 2 weeks [last exam on June 28th]

Back on topic ~ I remeber that I was having a little trouble with the battle system, so I think I wil be leaving that until later into the project, and start some map making.

Here is where you come in.

I need some help with the story line, and the names of the towns, so if you can come up with some names, side-quests or plot-lines, then it would be greatly appreciated.

Also ~ Does anyone know how to delete the poll from the tread?

Thanks

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Yeah exams are a real bummer,

Akk.. Look at the time, I gotta get bak to revising, My Biology test is tomorrow.

Oh man Im gonna fail :'(

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
..::: Finally Over :::..

Hi all, had my last exam today W00! so you all know what that means

!!! Back to making the game !!!

Ok, tomorrow after school, I will do some more map making, hopfully I will have finished making the region(s) in about 8 - 12 days from now, so that I can move onto the CBS and CMS.

Also If any of you have names for towns/cities let me know, and I need some help with the storyline, so if anyone has any ideas of side-quests it would be greatly apreciated.

~ S u r g e ~

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
New Update!

Ok, I have been experiencing a few techical problems with the game Pokemon Advanced, and there are some stuff that I can't get working, so I have decided to start the project again from scratch, apart from the intro, because that works fine. I will be using the new chipsets and character sets that I downloaded earlier, and this will be better than the other version that I have now scrapped.

Also Today I have changed the whole layout of my website, and put up some updates, so now the site looks much better, It looks sotra like a forum now.

Here is the link to MY GAME WEBSITE

Anyways, visit the site and tell me what you think. Also I still need some help with ideas for the sidequests, remember fell free to post if you have any ideas,

thanx ~ S u r g e

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
well, starting from scratch is sometimes better in that you can
go over the things once again and implement new things. Anyway,
good luck Surge!

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
PatsRule1223 said:
Sounds great Surge. Sorry you had to start from scratch though!
^ Yeah, the CBS was starting to go wrong, and then I messed everything up, so I will start it again, but try a different CBS.

Some More Game Info [NEW ~ Not even on Website]

I was thinking of making the game with two different Islands, One that is covered in water [Aquapollis], and one that is a desert [Desapollis]. The two Isalnd then combine to create the NEW region known as Tabu [Might change the name later]. You start of in a village that is covered in water, And you get to choose one of three water pokemon (havn't decided which ones yet), and later in the game you are given an eevee. In this game you will not need to make eevee happy to evolve, there will be a light stone to get espeon and a dark stone to get umbreon, but you can only pick one of them. As it says on my site, the Safari Zone is back!

If you have any suggestions of which pokemon should be the starters then post them here.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Why don't you have four islands?
The first is where you get eevee and the other three
can be where you can get other starter pokemon and
beat the leader of each type.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Why don't you have four islands?
The first is where you get eevee and the other three
can be where you can get other starter pokemon and
beat the leader of each type.

Yeah, that is a good idea, so what types of islads should I do and what is the pokemon that you get from them.

Island .... Element .... Pokemon you get
Water .... Water .... Water pokemon .... [Aquapollis]
Desert .... Fire .... ... Fire pokemon .... [Desapollis]
Jungle .... Grass .... Grass pokemon .... [Safari Island]
Normal .... Normal .... Normal pokemon .... [Normal Island?]

Updated Game Info [NEW ~ Not even on Website]

I was thinking of making the game with four different Islands, One that is covered in water [Aquapollis], and one that is a desert [Desapollis], One that is like a jungle [safari Island] and one that is normal [normal Island?] The four Isalnd then combine to create the NEW region known as Tabu [Might change the name later]. You start of in a village that is on the normal isand. At the start of the game you are given an eevee. In this game you will not need to make eevee happy to evolve, there will be a light stone to get espeon and a dark stone to get umbreon, but you can only pick one of them. As it says on my site, the Safari Zone is back! Each of the Islands have a gym on them, and when you beat the gym, you are given a pokemon of the islands element, So if you are on aquapollis and you beat the gym, then you will be given a water pokemon.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, the normal island pokemon should be eevee.
The other three should give you the chance to choose
between all the starters. For example, on each island,
the player muct do some sort of side quest to get
accepted into the community and he has the choice of
three. Depending on the player's decision he gets different
pokemon.

Example: Fire Island : Quest1-Charmander Quest2-Cyndaquil
Quest3-Torchic

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Here is the NEW and improved information and storyline to Pokemon Advanced By myself and Daegon Kimeron

Updated Game Info

The game Pokemon Advanced Will consist of 4 different Islands. One will be covered with water [Aquapollis], One will be a Desert [Desapollis], One will be like a Jungle [Saffari Isle] and One will be a normal Island [Normal Isle?]. The 4 Islands will then combine to create the region of Tabu [Temperory Name]. You start off in a small village on the outskirts of Normal Isle. A local Pokemon Breeder breeder gives you your first Pokemon Eevee as a birthday present. You and you new companion set out on a great Adventure to beat each of the Pre-League Gyms. Each Island has a Pre-League Gym, that you will have to beat in order to enter the Pokemon League. To obtain new pokemon you will need to untertake special sidequests, where you may have to retrieve a lost pokemon for someone, or do battle with the evil Team Rocket, and restore peace to a village.

There is more info about the game at my site www.freewebs.com/pkadvanced

Please post your comments here

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, hope to see you make some progress on this.
Show us some screens if you have time.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The trainer sprite (kinda looks like one of those custom RS charas)
doesn't fit in with the rest of the FR tiles in my opinion. When he's
looking down, it looks like he's facing up.

Back