• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poke-peeves or things that bugged you throughout D/P?

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    What are your Poke-peeves? Meaning:

Things or Pokemon that:
    -Stalk you. [Geodude, Zubat... Bidoof.]
    -Get on your nerves. [Above 3 Pokemon.]
    -Have annoying cries. [I'm looking at you, Luxio, for making my ears bleed.]
    -Are just plain stupid. [Wormadam, Lopunny, Probopass, Purugly, Bibarel, Regifail.]

Or... Moves that:
    -You can't stand and constantly screw you over. [T-Wave, Sleep Powder, Hypnosis.]
    -Give you annoying status conditions regardless of the small odds. [Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Body Slam.]
    -Small patches of grass or areas that make Pokemon appear EVERY square you pass through. [Too many to list.]

Enjoy some friendly flaming of what you hate most, keep it PG everyone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    The only thing that REALLY got on my nerves was going through Mt. Coronet to get to Palkia and having to fight a Bronzong every other step I took! I could have run from them, but I really hate having to do that in a Pokemon game.

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
    Yeah the surf speed is awful. Other than that, nothing major, I always play with the sound off, so no annoying cries for me.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    K, I hate the Pokemon I just faught at Battle Tower. He only used protect, toxic, double team, and confuse ray. He also had leftovers equiped.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    I hate status causing moves....and those with a small chance to do it....They are so annoying..wanna make me kill myself.

Just now i was playing Mystery Dungeon Red, and i got owned by 2 Swablu's and a Yanma because they had Sing and Yanma has Supersonic...I couldnt do a thing

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    The only thing that REALLY got on my nerves was going through Mt. Coronet to get to Palkia and having to fight a Bronzong every other step I took! I could have run from them, but I really hate having to do that in a Pokemon game.

Haha, I remember that. I hated that because the stinkin' Bronzong were so hard to beat :D

wert5679

Returning Trainer
    Years
    the only pokemon I hate is bibarel (once gave me a lot of trouble.) and jigglipuff. If i see any of the two I instant faint them with Hyperbeam. ( It's sastifying to faint them but still annoying to hear or encounter them one after the next and the next and so on....)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The only thing that made me angry was some of the pokemon and stats, and places.
    bronzong and probopass were ju8st plain ugly and were really weak.
    They were only useful as a tank.
    I really hated mt. coronet because you had to go through it a bunch of times, not only that but it was really long and tedious.
    i wont even get started on the trainer sprites (The galactic grunts are so thin!!).

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    I hate people who used Double team and Sand Attack. Battles that should take 10 seconds last five minutes. Then there's the ever present people who use Level 30 Wurmples. Get yourself a better Pkmn!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Damn surf! Well ifwere talking about pokemon I have to say bidoof overall killed me along with bronzor although its a good part of my team. But nonetheless stupid frikin surf.

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I hated the oceans and caves when i was completing the game

But what i really hate now is my item bag xD
    I have to look for items and it takes like 10 minutes just to find it because i cant find it

auragirl

Back from the dead
    Years
    i can't stand the surf speed and the annoying bike music. i always turn my sound off when i have to use a bike...

and i also hate how the NPCs contantly spam confuse ray! GRAAH!!! i swear i just want to ******g scream whenever i have to fight an enemy with confuse ray!

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    the only thing that has really annoyed me is... kricketunes cry.

worst cry nintendo have ever put into a pokemon game

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The one thing that bugs me the most is the surfing speed, in comparison to Generation III; its really slow, and takes a long time to get to where you want to be; even with Repels in effect.

Kricketune's cry, as recently mentioned, also annoyed me, and I tend to try avoiding places where they congregate. Another would be Bidoof's and Bibarel's cries; more specifically Bibarel's.

The change to contests was interesting, but I didn't really like it too much. Though the dancing is fun. XD;;

I'll come back with more, later..

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    You like the contests? I entered my Gabite in one just to give it a try, then half way through decided it was animal cruelty and turned my game off. I hate the contests.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The Contest Moves Round is the only REAL good part of the contests, which is why I preferred the ones from Generation 3, since it didn't make use of the little things, such as dressing them up and making them dance, which was never even a part of the concept, before.. because in general, though its an interesting part of Contests, dancing isn't that good. I tend to laugh at my opposing Contest Entrants. XD

Not even the Anime (to my knowledge) has the Co-Ordinators dressing their Pokemon up for Contests, and the Anime isn't all that appealing, in my opinion. The anime, in some strange twist of fate, actually has the right idea. :o

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I will just say Geodude, Zubat and Tentacool and leave it at that. Those things are in every single hand held Pokemon games. I actually catch Zubats cause their final forms pretty good. Tentacool could turn into a good Pokemon too.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    stupid bronzors...Met one today and it spammed me with confuse ray and hypnosis.

i

Back