• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poke-peeves or things that bugged you throughout D/P?

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Just a few things that come to mind:

- The usual event-only pokemon kind of bug me... since there's three this time.
    - The Surf speed is too slow.
    - Why not make it a rounded 500 pokemon?
    - The Kanto evolutions took too much warming up to to become comfortable with.
    - Stealth Rock.
    - The myriad of stipulations that now surround battling.
    - Dialga's cry. This pokemon represents time, it should have a mighty cry. It sounds like a dying bird.
    - No more Dive or Whirlpool HMs.
    - Not enough regions accessable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    Splash is by far the worst move ever invented, when you are battling with wild pokemon or trying to train up a Magikarp.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    A lot of things bugged me for example the generic pokemon which include zubat,geodude,tentacool, ect.. Also another thing that really annoyed me was that good pokemon could be obtained through sweet honey trees but after you put the honey on the bark and wait for a REALLY LONG TIME you would find something stupid like a wurmple and so you start over.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    The overall game speed. I played Firered for the first time in a year, and it seemed really fast.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    My pet peeves were the fact that:
    1. Surfing was slooooooow
    2. Running was slooooooow
    3. What is this "Fire" type of which you speak? I have never heard of it.
    4. All the lag/slowness of the game period.
    5. All the myths and stuff too. Well, just Arceus really. Worst Legendary ever. :\
    6. UNLIMITED EVENT POKEMON WORKS.

Neslug

Overgrown Slug
    Years
    Things or Pokemon that:
    -Stalk you.
    The relatives of the Pokémon I just caught if not a legendary.

-Get on your nerves.
    The relatives of the Pokémon I just caught if not a legendary. The item Leftovers when used by the opponent.

-Have annoying cries.
    Every Pokémon has an annoying cry when you have to battle it freaking 20 times in a row.

-Are just plain stupid.
    Everything with hacked stats and / or moves.

Or... Moves that:
    -You can't stand and constantly screw you over.
    Stone Edge. Hits me every time even with an accuracy of 80 and everyone I battle always spam it. Same with Substitute, except it annoys me with an official accuracy of all-the-time. Let us not forget Protect.

-Give you annoying status conditions regardless of the small odds.
    Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower and moves that boost you 10% of the time (Ancient Power, Silver Wind etc.) boosting the opponent the very first time they use that move.

-Small patches of grass or areas that make Pokemon appear EVERY square you pass through.
    Areas where wild Pokémon appear. Every single one of them.

I just tend to laugh 'em away, though.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    5. All the myths and stuff too. Well, just Arceus really. Worst Legendary ever. :\

I'm the same with Arceus; it kind of looks as if they were looking for an excuse just to add yet another Legendary to the game, and in all honesty, the tales surrounding it aren't very good. They depict it as a God Pokemon, which; although fits Legendary quota, was executed rather shoddily. I personally prefer Shaymin, over Arceus; despite the fact that its kind of a duplication of Celebi.. *cough*

Urya

Veilhart
    Years
    Not really a peeve I guess, but I noticed the Pokédex saying Spoink keeps on bouncing in order to keep his heart beating. So what happens if he faints?

Glaceon_

Years
    Not really a peeve I guess, but I noticed that Spoink keeps on bouncing in order to keep his heart beating. So what happens if he faints?

Good question. However, this is where games like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness go wrong. After it faints, both games show Spoink slowly stop bouncing, fall over, and lose its pearl. By that, the Spoink would be dead.

My guess would be that it actually keeps a slow bounce, just to maintain its life, but not enough to battle. I think its mentioned that it still bounces, when it sleeps, so it should pretty much be true for most other things that happen to it. *shrugs*

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    extremely common Pokemon are the worse. Examples walking in caves and a stupid Geodude pops up over and over again. Also seeing a shiny geodude and before you try to catch it, uses explosion or selfdestruct

:t354:TG

Excellent

Rap/Hip-hop Fan
    Years
    the route just before snowpoint was really annoying to get through. that and the fact that the game was too easy, the gym leaders were no challenge but the E4 was.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Good question. However, this is where games like Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness go wrong. After it faints, both games show Spoink slowly stop bouncing, fall over, and lose its pearl. By that, the Spoink would be dead.

Implanted pacemakers. =D

My pet peeve is sorta that a trainer called me a noob at one point. Leave the interwebz on the interwebz, Nintendo.

Someday, they'll find something generic for caves that aren't Geodude/Zubat.

Glaceon_

Years
    Implanted pacemakers. =D

My pet peeve is sorta that a trainer called me a noob at one point. Leave the interwebz on the interwebz, Nintendo.

Someday, they'll find something generic for caves that aren't Geodude/Zubat.

Oh yeah; I can see that. XD

With that, I think they were incorporating stuff from the Internet because of some sort of popularity thing, or something.. I dunno; I just play the games.
    XD

I hope so; D/P was a real pain; both inside AND outside caves; mostly with Zubat, because the little blue and purple punchbags wouldn't leave me alone when I was travelling through the final stretch to Snowpoint. Wait.. what the hell is a bat doing there? There aren't even any caves; (save for Uxie's cave, but you can't really count that, because you don't encounter them in there) which is where Zubat congregate. -_- They should make an item called "UV Light" so that you can repel all the Zubat and Golbat. XD

I will admit, though; I found Kricketune to be much more of an annoying encounter.. XD

Years
    I just think that with this generation they took the legendaries too far.
    The whole Arceus thing seems ridiculous, they should just leave the original stories and pokemon alone - as far as I'm concerned, Mew is the originator of pokemon and Arceus is a half chameleon, half horse mutant.
    It's just getting silly, I mean. Nintendo are saying it is possible to contain some kind of God, the creator of the pokemon universe, within a poke ball, then occasionally let it out to fight against its little creations and partake in beauty contests when it could win ribbons and occasionally be treated to a massage.

Sure(Y)

okay rant over guys, sorry =]

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    One thing that annoys me to this day about D/P is that whenever you use the PC the game takes an eternity and a half to save. None of the old ones used to do that. Or at least they didn'd advertise that they did that. "Saving a lot of data, Don't turn off the power."

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
    Battle Tower Hax. Dusclops Moveset: Protect, Double Team, Toxic and I forget the fourth, but those are the only three that matter...plus it's holding Leftovers, which prevents my Tyranitar from winning a war of atrition...meh.

ximmortaldavex

looking for cookies.......
    Years
    1. Having to use the Pokeball to scroll through the pokedex

2. Getting stuck in those darn snow drifts

3. Having to walk through Mt. Cornet half a million times.

4. Blue Shellos that i thought was shiny the first time i saw it.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    The things that bugged me in D/P were.

Bidoofs, Starlys [While Shiny Hunting!]
    Surf speed is slower then Ruby and Sapphire.
    Pokemon Encounter Speed [It's way too fast for my liking]
    The bag [Where you have to find a certain item and it takes a while to get there, however the way I do it is, by pressing select on an item and scroll down to find the item.]

Back