• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poke-peeves or things that bugged you throughout D/P?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2008
    one of the things that made me frustrated in diamond was catching a couple of Murkrows. another one is that in certain areas of the game I have a wild pokemon encounter I run/battle and then three steps later anotherwild encounter happens.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    What frustrates me is the time lag it takes to save. I bet it's necessary but still, annoying.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    -The loading time, with that stupid stating the obvious "gameplay experience may change online" whatever.
    -Text speed is too slow even if it's on FAST
    -The bgm of you hometown isn't as memorable as Pallet and Newbark Town
    -Starly's annoying cry! (would serve as a good alarm clock)
    -No more Gary Oak (the best rival ever! Pops up everywhere and in the tightest situations! And has a corny but memorable tagline "Smell ya later" Thud is way too corny for a rival's trademark)
    -Wild Pokemon are too weak. What happened to the Unknown Cave with all the worthwhile LV60 Pokemons?
    -Surf speed sucks, surf music sucks, ocean Pokemons suck (Nintendo loves tentacools)
    -Too many HM's!
    -Zubat and Geodude = zergling rush!
    -Stat changing moves take too long because of those red and blue thingies
    -Battles start slow because of the stupid long cries (starly, kricketune, staravia, etc) and stupid long animations (croagunk)
    -Intimidate (annoying red blue thing!)
    -Repetitive graphics (what happened to the epilepsy causing moves from RBYG? RBYG's hyper beam is better than RSE's pathetic M&M beam)

That's all for now. I'm sure I have 1029301234 more.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Well, first off: they ruined nearly all of the old (first 251) pokemon with the new sprites. I mean, all of them have ugly colours that don't fit, (politoed having red cheeks instead of his original yellow?) or just look butt ugly and not very interesting compared to earlier sprites... (Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Espeon, Typhlosion and almost everyone else)

Everything is too slow, battling, surfing, trading etc.

The fact that you can't do random battles online is so annoying, friendcodes totally destroy it. I mean, in Japan, Pokémon Crystal had random online battles through the mobile adapter, and the current generation can't? BS

The move animations are so lackluster, even compared to GSC animations! GSC aerobeam/sacred fire for example looked KILLER, now they just look crappy, hyperbeam aswell. M&M beam FTL.

The new legendaries, I don't like any single one of them. What happened to the awesome legendaries like Raikou and Mewtwo? Arceus is just pure fail, all the other legendaries aswell.

Well, there's alot more, but the thing that bothers me the most of all is the sprites for the old pokémon being lousy and ugly.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
    Years
    Yeah the surf speed is awful. Other than that, nothing major, I always play with the sound off, so no annoying cries for me.

Can we add walking speed here? Jeeeee-zus. If you wanna get anywhere, you have to run! x___x

The music's pretty cool, but it'd be better if it continued playing when there's a battle. Except for the elite four battles, the battle music really grates on my nerves... because it sucks.

Oh... and does anyone know what Croagunk's ability actually *does*? It's like... it shudders or something. I don't actually have one (it's ugly and worthless) so I can't check.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    ):

I don't have many peeves,
    except for the fact there were pretty much NO fire pokemon.

And honey trees...
    You try to complete you friggen pokedex, but you have to wait a day for stupid honey pokemon.
    BRING BACK HEADBUTT TREES!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    That for somethings like Pal Park (or whatever it's called, the migratey thingymebobber), they canceled the change time to migrate more than 6 pokemon a day, but for other things like pokemon that only appear on certain days (drifloon for example) it works, I think.

Also, I found it annoying that my brother got Pearl, when I didn't get anything. So I'll probably just have to wait for platinum. Going on, my Sister who hadn't touched a pokemon game other than leafgreen for like 6 years, beat most of pearl, which ticked me off. But that doesn't having anything to do with the game itself.

Also, I found that when you got used to it, the game wasn't that slow.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Here's some more:

Walk speed
    Rubbish HMs
    GTS (might have mentioned that already)
    Weak wild pokemon Only worth-while one is Arceus lvl 80
    New sprites.

One thing I like is the easier way to get shinies.

That is all for now.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    The only thing that REALLY got on my nerves was going through Mt. Coronet to get to Palkia and having to fight a Bronzong every other step I took! I could have run from them, but I really hate having to do that in a Pokemon game.

It's called repel...

What I hate are the countless amount of stupid/useless pokemon they've added this generation...

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Things that bothered me...

The amount of different paths to take in the dungeons/caves. While it's a great thing in retrospect that they made it a bit more challenging and added more content, a lot of times I was really impatient and just wanted to get through the place, but I was torn because I could be missing things like Rare Candies.

Also, the freakin difficulty level on catching legendaries. I'd have the thing at like 1 HP and asleep and all that and then throw like 40 different balls at it before catching it. Kinda too insane there.

And the GTS. Namely the people there. Everyone just kept asking for Lv. 1 Mew or something, and pretty much the only person who's going to have a lv 1 Mew will be someone who cheated for it, and you can't trade pokemon gotten through cheating.

Captain Nick

But why's the rum gone?
    Years
    i found the whole walking around to be rather tedious. plus i got lost several times just trying to figure out what was going on. like when the stuff was happening at the lakes. i was freaking out because i wasnt sure which lake i was supposed to go to first. i was flying/running around for an hour or so.

plus the little "hidden" things in the game annoy me. 32 visits in the underground for a spiritomb to appear? i dont even have a friend to go underground with. >.>

the touch screen was bothersome aswell. altough it is cool, it makes the trying to quickly run thru a cave a royal pain. id put the stylus away, then 4 seconds later pull it out again. then put it back again. then out. etc...

id pwn people at a stylus quick draw competition tho. I'd be known as Quick Draw Nick fastest stylus puller this side of the mississippi. lols

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    I hated when you go in the grass to look for pokemon and you and up getting the really weak ones like staravia when i already have a staraptor

Years
    Basicly i hate what alot of other people said before , i hate Bidoof's and Zubats (omfg in every pokemon game Zubat is there) ... when the guy in the gym says "Oh this guys a eletric type!" or something like that and they have all these other different kinds of pokemon and some of my pokemon faint for no reason cause i wasnt prepared. Dialga's cry. How the music for Arceus gets quiet for a long time then i go to turn on my music and all of a sudden i hear the drums come back again. I didn't like the fact that you couldnt fight like a second champion like when in gold/silver you get to fight Red. In the game Dawn doesnt do anything, she doesnt even battle you once! Wheres the fire types? Dont you think legendarys are going too far, i cant even tell whos legendary or not....i thought that Lucario and Garchomp were legendary and the ones that are legendary look a little gay now with the exception of Giritina. Kinda repetitive story line eh? im going to keep ranting on.... its slow and the surfing speed.... if you find a glitch by accident there goes your whole game. Have you ever notice Starly looks like a deformed Pidgey? If im not going to trade a lvl 50 loppunny for a lvl 60 vespiquen what makes you think i would trade Arceus lvl 80 for lvl 1 bidoof? People that spam status effect moves piss me off. People that make a team just to use status changing moves with pokemon like Dialga piss me off. Mt Coronet when you forget to bring repels. Games that are hacked a little are alright but hacked so much that everything you do is uber strong on Wi-Fi is not. Im going to stop for now my fingers are tired lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2008
    Well, I don't really LIKE pokemon, I just like the game. So whenever I fought a Bronzor I had no idea what type it was, it seemed like nothing did damage on it. You also fight the damn thing well over 100 times from trainers.

Also double battles with a pokemon with intimidate.

Years
    Status affects and flinching. When did astonish start causing pokemon to flinch 100% of the time? surfing speed. Dialga's cry......

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    i hate when you go to the battle tower defeat seven people and then you get 3bp and some of the prizes go up to 80bp and even beating the tycoon only gets you 20bp

thewolfpwns

Psh, Yeah...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2013
    Like many people around here, have said, I really don't like the surfing speed.

Likewise, the overall pace of the game was much slower. The GBA games seemed much faster...

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Yeah, definitely. I just can't stand Diamond and Pearl because it's just to dang slow! It's seems like forever between battle sequences.

Also, I just don't like the look of towns. I mean, they look so bland. It's like living in Nebraska for pete's sake! Nothing new really. (I especially hate Pastoria... but that's a different story).

For the most part, the story line was... meh. Nothing new that we haven't seen before, nothing exciting, no unique Pokemon (save for a few), nothing. Add the slow gameplay to that and it's almost unbearable! Plus, the old Pokemon we've seen constantly throughout the years. I swear, if I see another Zubat in the wild in the 5th Generation, everyone at Nintendo is going to be singing Soprano for a year!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Hmm... my biggest peeves would be...

1.) Other then Giratina the rest of the legendary's SUCK.
    2.) Team Galactic is like they're all one person. Get some personality
    3.) Has too many unnessessary evolutions(or pre evos) for awesome pokemon like Snorlax, Nosepass, ect...
    4.) The battle park just wasn't all too good.
    5.) The fact that Cyrus is so pathetic. He has to be the easiest team leader to beat. with the exception of Archie from Emerald.

And others, but these are the biggest reasons.

Back