• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Poke-peeves or things that bugged you throughout D/P?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    i hate the surf speed. there is no way to surf somewhere in a hurry. The pokemon that i hate the most are all the pokemon that you encounter while surfing. they make it so much harder to get anywhere!

Years
  • Wow...what can I say about D/P that I hate....

- Geodudes/Zubat/Bidoofs
    - The loading lag as soon as you walk into a building (I once counted 3 seconds)
    - The save time (Saving A Lot of Data [13 seconds!])
    - How you can't bike indoors between sections of land (like the gates near hearthome)
    - Stupid cries of Bidoof, Dialga.
    - Cyrus....pissed me off with his high and mighty talk
    - the beginning intro takes forever to get to the title screen, and forever to get into the game.
    - on the continue screen, how the wifi light blinks every time....pisses me off for some reason.
    - the battle tower can't be played online in real time
    - no Item PC.....way to many items to sort thru just to get a simple repel.
    - munchlax.....and honey trees for that matter.
    - rock climb, defog.....stupid hm's
    - the pokedex is stupid and slow
    - in the pokemon viewer, I had trouble seeing who the next poke to be sent out was
    - bike music, twinleaf music, poke league music.
    - surf speed
    - how I have to steal pokes from my GBA versions.
    - touchscreen controls leave much to be desired (for example, i find i use the buttons to attack and use items. It's easier)
    - not all menus have a "back" button for the touchscreen, you have to press B
    - pokemon animations can't be disabled and overall speed of battling is way to long....even with move animations off.

....many more, I just have to think about them.....

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
  • -Arceus (Big ugly legend) =s
    -If you want a shiny starter, you can't just save before you encounter it because your rival keeps blabbering. Instead you have to save before you go into the lake, and hear all that junk again. (Takes too long) Dx
    -All the Pokemon that automatically whip up a sand/snow storm.
    -Cressilia is too hard to catch. Even if you put it to sleep it can still run away.
    -Chancey is easier to catch than Munchlax. ._.
    -You can't use Wi•Fi in the Underground.

Yeah. Those things bug me lots. And the cries are cute to me. ^^ None really bug me.

Metakazam

Is a Loon.
    Years
  • Why must your rival say "THUD!! What the? What was that all about?" nearly EVERY time you see him? Also WHY is Murkrow so hard to catch 40 ultra balls come on Azelf took less time(for me anyways).

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
    Years
  • I hate the people in the GTS, who will perhaps want a lvl 100 Regigigas for something like a lvl 30 Eevee.
    It's ridiculous.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
  • Dialga has the worst cry I've ever heard, it sounds like a deflating balloon. I'm not even going to start on Stunky's.
    Bidoof never really bothered me, probably because I never paid much attention to them. Bronzor, on the other hand, looks like a floating dish. Also I hope Purugly was made to be that hideous. Arceus is just plain ugly; and have you seen the new 'sky form' of Shaymin? WHY, NINTENDO, WHY?

They sooooo overdid it with the legendaries. There's nine obtainable in the game, plus Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus. Not to mention Giratina's, Shaymin's and possibly Regigiga's alternate forms. I guess Nintendo's never heard of too much of a good thing.

The contests scare me. End of story.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I hate when a Pokemon constantly uses Protect so I can't attack it. Just die already! It does fall eventually, but it's just annoying. Protect is a waste of space - just attack!

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Bidoofs. what were they thinking? At least i get to EV train against them =D and noseprobass (ned nosepass evolution i think) its cry on pokemon ranch

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2008
    I hate Krickitune's cry, and Palkia's is pretty nice but creeps me out a bit.

GTS, people want an lvl. 100 Entei for a BIDOOF. LEVEL 2 BIDOOF.

Hacks are given away frequently, got a level 100 Jirachi, had 2,000,000 EXP., maxed out contest attributes (Cool, smart, etc.) , ID 55555 (weird), cured PKRS. Pretty sure THIS isn't legit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2008
    what bothers me...

Surf speed like most others....

how my fav pokemon on sapp and ruby are gay and half usless on d/p

useless hm's defog is so GAY

why does team galactica have to have bug and poison pokemon?

Cyyrus is so stupid "I make pokemon's power my own." WTF?

The dang ballon pokemonn only on friday? Why only on one day of a week? Why not every night?

Offer using confusion ray and hypnosis

Starly zubat deodude bidoof need to have never been

and why does cynthia act like she never meet you in the e4? she should be like "suprised to see me her?" Because earlier in the game she says "i once also had an adventure with pokemon" meaning she is know devoted to studying.

thats it

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I'll just repost this from my locked thread:
    Why must the trading animation be so long? It's way over-the-top. The Pokemon comes out of your DS, into the sky, the two Pokemon meet up, it then falls out of the sky and into the other DS. It's completely unnecessary - in the original games it simply went through the cable and into your Game Boy - no fancy unnecessary animation.

I wish they could change it in Platinum, but they won't because if you trade from Platinum to Pearl/Diamond, you'd already have your Pokemon while the other player is still watching a long animation.

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    I hate the people in the GTS, who will perhaps want a lvl 100 Regigigas for something like a lvl 30 Eevee.
    It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I hate that too. Sometimes I need a Pokemon to breed, and I don't feel like going to catch it so I go to the GTS, and someone wants a lv100 Palkia for a little Lv.1 bred Smeargle...

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • My biggest peeve is the fact that Gym and Elite four leaders use dual types. Twice now I've restarted the game just because I was pissed off that my pokemon team wasn't prepared for dark/psychic (wasn't the point of dark to balance out psychics?) types, or dual fighting psychic in one case.

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • I was annoyed at how poor the storyline was. There was a huge moment with Dialga (cus I have Diamond you see), which was really awesome and I was like, oooh, what do we now?! Then Mesprit and the other Pokemon saved the day with a click of the finger. Hm, way to kill pretty much the most epic moment of the storyline which could have lasted a bit longer.

Darkgale

EV trainer and Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • D/P really had somethings wrong with it some of the things that i find most annoying are:

The surf speed
    The wild pokemon encounter rate is so much higher
    Moves that seems to have a 10% chance of burning you, always do
    The annoying move sets of some pokemon in the battle tower
    The snow and mud preventing you from running and very often stopping you
    How the time i saw a shiny abra, it teleported away -.-'
    And having to fight level 40 wurmples and zubats, i mean cmon evolve them at least!

Theres alot more things that piss me off in the game but overall the game is an advancement of nintendo and a good game nevertheless. This game gave us:

New Berries
    New items (poke Radar)
    The Underground
    WFC
    and many more little features.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Right,

• Dialga's Cry
    • Splash
    • Surf Speed
    • Game speed
    • People in GTS. Want lvl 100 Arceus for lvl 1 zubat.
    • The cave with Gible in. Why put strength there? why not Rock smash?
    • Stalkers (Bidoof, geodude, Zubat)
    • Pokemon encounter intro (too slow!)
    many more, just have to think

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
  • Everything was slow about this game, for one. Battle, trade, surf, or even walk around in d/p, pop in r/s, and the difference is disgusting. The encounter rate wouldnt bug me, but again, way to slow for it to be happening so often.
    Other things i hated was half of the new crys. I finally was able to warm up a bit to the new pokemons existence, but the crys were more pulled out of their asses then the pokemon themselves. They just wernt pokemon-esque (though there was a few exceptions, like chatot imo).
    Another thing that kinda bugged me was the 3d enviorments. It wasnt a big deal, but it was just one of those things that seemed unfitting to the series.

Its not like this game was a total geodude though. As Darkgale said, new items, beries, the underground, wifi, and more. One that kinda stood out for me was the pokemon watch (i refuse to call it its nickname). Though they dont have any sort of calling feature, it dominates most of the little tools the pokenav and pokegear came with, including some non-game related ones, like calender and calculator.

Gacs

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    • People in the GTS requesting a lvl. 1 Deoxys for a lvl. 5 Bidoof
    • Kricketune
    • The fact that the "fire-type" Elite 4 member has a Rapidash, Infernape, Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim. I mean, I know the lack of fire types in the Sinnoh dex, but this could've been fixed.
    • Left and right side of the Pokemon Mansion blocked by maids...well, this is more of a mystery to me, but it's been bothering me for quite some time now.
    • Slowness
    • Defog

Probably a couple more.

Back