• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokebeach Video exclusives-Intro and Route 37.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    https://pokebeach.com/2009/07/soulsilve-demo-videos-intro-gameplay
    Intro-
    Lugia! I love how it flies in.
    Main Characters. Man that was cute.
    Goldenrod looks big but is small? Hmm. But hey entrance arch!
    And Ecruteak wow it looks small as well. Again Hmmm.
    SILVER! He is always looking evilly evil.
    The dogs. OOO the dogs. Suicune definetely going to get some focus.
    Rocket's New Admins?
    Boy and Girl. Face shots are awesome.
    Route 37-
    Chiko is so cute!
    I couldn't recognize it at all. Very good gamefreak very good. It seems like there is a new patch of grass as well.
    Battle Music. Oh dear lord thank the lord they did such a great job.
    WHAT. THE. HELL. From Level 16 chansey and jigglypuff they gave em level 15 Marill and Mareep. GAH!
    The bottom screen though is new as well. I love the new style of smooth circle boxes.
    AH DUNSPARCE! But one level lower. God damn you Gamefreak god damn you.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That woman at the end sounds so funny! I wanted to slap her.

Team Rocket seems to have new members! They look dangerous.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    I am very very happy right now. Even though it was just a small peek it was still awesome and I love the remix of the route's music!

And Neo Team Rocket Leaders wearing white!
    And it's awesome how the pokemon walking with you just slides in the battle instead of coming from a pokeball.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I am very very happy right now. Even though it was just a small peek it was still awesome and I love the remix of the route's music!

And Neo Team Rocket Leaders wearing white!
    And it's awesome how the pokemon walking with you just slides in the battle instead of coming from a pokeball.
    Well it should shouldn't it? I mean it is out of its pokeball already.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im most excited about the Team Rocket people. They look too similar to Team Galactic though.

Years
    OH **** OH **** THAT INTRO IS INCREDIBLE! Lugia looks awesome especially that background behind it. The camera moving up showing the two playable characters was awesome. Then the screens of New Bark, Goldenrod and Ecruteak look so cool. I really like the archway in Goldenrod. Silver looks SO CUTE! Oh my goodness! He's so cute! <3 Still my favorite rival EVER! <3 The three beasts with Unown oh my goodness awesome! Eusine rules! So happy he was added to this intro. Team Rocket looks so cool! I'm happy that the admins have similar wardrobe to Jessie and James from the anime. I must battle them! XD The two close up pics of Gold and Soul look adorable! Squee! XD The three starters in the intro look adorable! Lugia looks so epic! Oh my goodness! I like this intro better than the original one! XD

Route 37 looks really nice. I noticed the tree with the RED APRICORN! Yes! So happy it's back! :D Chikorita looks so cute as an ow. I like the green music note above it when you talk to it. The music that plays when the twins walk over to you sounds great. I love the battle music for this. The twins sprite looks so cute! :D I love their hair! The overworlds are sweet too. Chikorita and Pikachu look cute together. Marill's sprite and Mareep's sprite look cute, too. The buttons on the bottom screen look much better than I expected. I like it better than DPPt's. Did I mention that I love this battle theme? So cool! The Psychic sprite is the same as the one from DP, but that's okay. It's cool here, too. I really like Dunsparce's animation.

Lol at the ending. It was funny how he acted like he didn't know that he wasn't allowed to record it. I'm so glad that woman at the end didn't interrupt during one of the battles. I give the guy props for being able to film a lot of the gameplay.

Thanks for this thread, Todoroki. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think the new Team Rocket people are the admins that you battled in the original games...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont remember any Admins. Did the look remotely like that?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No, but they might want to make them look more distinctive this time...

EDIT: It wasn't like R/S/E/D/P/Pt; the admins didn't have individual names. Kinda like in FR/LG, in the Sevii Islands.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nope they are completely different.
    Pokebeach Video exclusives-Intro and Route 37.
    Pokebeach Video exclusives-Intro and Route 37.

Note how they are executives and not admins. I still think admins will show though.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Judging by the hair color it looks like them from the originals.

Years
    :D

I-i feel like something has grown, im going to state all the stuff i just went HOLY CHEESE at..

Intro-

That lugia flying in.. was the single most sexiest thing i've seen in a Pokemon game
    the main characters standing was cool. Definitely cool.
    Goldenrod and ercuteak look awesome as a donut.
    SILVER! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG - hyperventilates -
    The dogs awesome. suicune in longer, awesome. Unown pushing them away, awesome. Eusine, awesome.
    ROCKET ADMINS EXECUTIVES ZOMGWTFBBQ? Seriously, amazing.
    Face shots couldn't be better than that. really.
    3D Lugia FTW!

Route 37-

Its Chiko time XD
    Route 37's looking good, extra grass patch i see.
    battle music is.. like love.
    I miss Chanseh and Jigglypuff! And lower levels! Nooooez! This might mean.. THE GAME'LL BE EASIER?! GAMEFREEEEAAAAAAK!
    Erm.. the bottom screen's nice.
    DUNSPARCE ONE LEVEL LOWER! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

anyway, thanks Todoroki and PokeBeach for the awesome vids.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Well it should shouldn't it? I mean it is out of its pokeball already.

Well, I never actuakky thought about it until I saw it and yeah that would make sense.

I'm happy to hear a clearer version of the battle music and the music that plays when other trainers approach you.

Though, seeing the levels of the trainers, I'm starting to worry about them. Couldn't they at least raise them 2 or 3 levels?

Cid

Years
    The vids look awesome, exhibiting oh-so amazing eye candy.

I expected a fully 3D intro, though. XD

Anyway, I must admit that the intro we see here (and I'm guessing that this is the final product that we'll see) contains mostly expected things, though I expected that since it's an intro of a remake of a game. The downside is, I was kinda expecting more new stuff, though it IS just an intro, so I want to should be wrong.
    I definitely must stress on the fact that I'm superbly impressed at how it looks. It's making me want the game more.

The Route 37 vid, however, didn't get me all that impressed much. Yeah, I can see that the Pokemon is following you, can be interacted with, neat, but I wish they added more new stuff (to exhibit in this demo --e.g. night time, especially regarding the battle, which almost looks the same as in DPP, since even the attacks look the same, though don't get me wrong, it's OK since that's how it was with the RS->FR/LG transition, but still...). Also, I agree with Kerjo, I'm doubting the low levels that the trainers have. Though it's still awesome, and it's better than my first impressions of the remakes through CoroCoro scans.
    And this is only a demo, so I don't have the right to whine, since haven't seen everything.

Looks good so far (thanks Mitch...er, Todoroki, for linking, and PokeBeach, too, for taking these footages), especially because this is the first region that I encountered in my first Pokemon game, so I'm definitely buying it.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    The intro is nice. It could do with a little more 'pzaz' because I saw a lot of similaritites to DPPT. Also I think the secne with the rival is cool. (Where three parts split and he appears)

The route video just told us what we've seen in the pictures. Although is good to see some real action. I also love the intreaction with your Pokemon, It's so cute :3. The background music is heavenly. They kept the old music style and just re-formatted it for the DS. I alsways thought the original Gold and Silver background music was the best for a Pokemon game.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow, the new intro looks just... wow. I heard a bit of Eusine's theme in there and it sounded great. The new admins look like total win and already hint toward a stronger storyline.(I can't wait to see them in the manga)

Back