• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity History, Vol. 2

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    tl;dr story time~

Okey-dokey. I joined on March 10, 2007 simply because I wanted that ROM hack, ShinyGold (like a thousand other people haha). I seriously don't remember how I came across ShinyGold, why I wanted it, and how I managed to find PC, but I was here and I joined. My first username on this account was akaxrai - one of my friends used to call me "Aka Rai," which is roughly "Scarlet Thunder" (my old online alias) in Japanese (yes, it's not correct, but I digress). I added the "x" because I disliked underscores and "akarai" looked weird to me. XD;

BUUUUT ANYWAY. I joined in 2007, nabbed ShinyGold and left for about a year or so. What possessed me to come back in early 2008, I don't know, but I'm glad I did now that I look back on it. I somehow stumbled upon the DCC and it became my home ever since. There, I met a whole bunch of people who are still my friends to this day (including Harmony, kidpunk, and BeachBoy when he just joined; bawwww the memories ;o;). At some point then I changed my name to Scarlet Lynn and then eventually Saryka. The 2008 DCC is probably about half my current post count right now; I was the highest poster there by a long shot because I was ALWAYS THERE. D: Good times.

Most of my current friends I met over MSN through people I met on PC (namely the DCC). The MSN conversations of '08-'09 hold some amazing and hilarious memories. I still have some of the chat logs and I miss those days when our conversations were random and wildly inappropriate, haha. I met some amazing people, some of whom I still talk to to this day.

And in May 2008 and 2009, I met a few PC-ers irl by going to Anime North :D! I still laugh at some of the hilarious memories from those days and think about just how awesome it was to meet someone you've only ever talked to on MSN/PC in real life. I remember meeting Marz, Sorano, Lightning, Aegis, and Live in Color. Yaoi North 2008 still makes me lol/horrifies me greatly, that's all I'm gonna say. :'D Aaaand I met Kyoko irl last year too which made me happy. <3

About 2009-ish I lost interest in the site and kept leaving and coming back. Around then, I lost contact with a bunch of old friends, some of whom I have now regained contact with, others whom have remained lost. I still miss a few people I used to talk to. In the few times I came back, I changed my name to Aurélie Fey and Sariya for absolutely no reason. Thank goodness I was able to change back to Saryka before they removed name changing for good haha. :( I left for good-ish in late 2009 or something, I think and came back just last month. I miss being a part of this community because it's been so good to me. Without it, I wouldn't have met amazing people here and lol bawwww emotional sappy sentence. This forum's changed so much for me, most of the people I hung out with here have left (for good for the most part) so few people actually remember me. XD; S'cool. I love PC, though, and I have no intentions on leaving anytime soon.

So... yeah. Congratulations if you read that text mountain. (b'-')b

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Hmm, I don't know how to access my post history past the last 500, but I'm fairly sure my first post was in the introductions thread.

Not much was different when I joined two years ago - PC seems to have stayed relatively constant. We used to be able to change our usernames every four months or something back then, though. Actually, I think the loss of name-changing was a fairly recent event. Hmm.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    My Story goes like this:

I started way back in late 2009, where I was a total noob who wouldn't listen to anybody. I found this place and joined it after one of my friends told me about how cool this forum was and that I should join it. So, after some convincing I did that. I joined in with the username sspokemon because at that time my grammar and my use of trying to think of a decent username was just fail. and it still is anyway after being here for the first several weeks I made some really nice friends, just by talking to the friend who told me to join here in the first place. (benthekid was his username if you're wondering ;) ) However, during those weeks we use to have arguments about really silly things that weren't even a point of arguing in then, but after getting good advice from a Super moderator here, I took it and moved on. Christmas started coming closer and closer, I soon started to remember about the noobish things I did such as swear and argue with people so I apologized to all of those people and then started a clean new leaf.

During the time around 21st December I soon started to acknowledge that this forum was huge and it contained a lot of members and I mean A LOT. So, I started to post because my friend use to boast about How many posts he had and I was very competitive at that time; I first started to post in three or four different sections of the forum: OT, OV, OC, Pokemon general and the Art corner because those sections were pretty interesting to post in. After, I had reached about 100 and above posts I soon started to take more action in the OT section, now that is where I met more of my good friends and we're friends still now. (ahh.. memories are bliss) So, after 2009 ended I got my first emblem :D
    The 2009 emblem celebration looking one and I was so happy, but then I thought "these are pretty cool" and I wanted to get more somehow.
    Around January, I turned 16 years old and my activity started to gain on this forum. I met even more friends a long the way of posting here also, I started to gain what you call a "crush" on some of my friends, but I admitted all of those later in the year. Then on around April, I started to post more and more and also I started up a PC family and it is pretty huge now and around that time my Nan died so it took a while for people to settle in around me when I was depressed at times because of it all. I also started getting more and more into anime other than watching just Yu-gi-oh and Pokemon, I hunted down several animes and started watching them and now I am pretty much obsessed with them.

I also won PC's PPC around that time too and I started to gain more and more emblems :P

Then soon after around June, July I went from about a total of 3 pairings, but now I am in a very stable one. I hope. Considering the arguments started to happen again around then, I mainly blame hormones for that though. If I remember correctly, some of my friends started to leave the forum then because they either have had enough of it or they're busy with their lives. In September 2010, I also became Year 12. Yup, I am a 6th form student! and I decided I should come on more or maybe less because ya' know this year is defiantly important. Sure, it was! I loved 2010 here at PC it was the year I will treasure the most. I met the most coolest people ever. In October, PC's Halloween thing was on and I remember I entered a graphics contest and/or before that I also won second place in one of the art events for the Tiger I drew and still, I got people making jokes out of how bad my grammar can be. [ROFLMAO]

After having the great Halloween then, um.. one of my best friends left this place (WonderGirl), she's also like a little sister as well. So, once the New year events and the member of the year event came on too. I made sure I voted for her for most missed because she's one of the members I think, made this forum very lively. Also, around November it was my first anniversary of being a member here and that's when I donated and became a supporter and got another emblem (Yay for emblems!!) and one of my friends made me a thread (Thank you for that, Erik. I appreciate it). Soon later it became the end of 2010 and right at the beginning of it, my birthday was on January (17 years old.. ugh.) then I took several breaks from here because of the amount of stress I was having with my parents and friends at the time and now, here I am. A pretty much Happy PC member. still haven't got over 2,000 posts :/ (and also I started up a graphics thread, I think around April of last year too. Mainly because I was bored Idk).

Edit: and I got my username changed from sspokemon to Galukxy around February of last year too.

Last edited:
    Back