• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity History, Vol. 2

~Darkness~

NJ All Day
    Years
    I've been a member since 2008 I think but I switched over accounts after I started posting again and here I am. Since this is a different account theres not much to say, no stories either. Oh well (:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I have been a member since April, and I knew my way through Internet forums since I was 9 years old. I always wanted to join this place in 2009, but it never loaded when I went on the url. I joined in April just after I lost my DSi and got Pokemon HeartGold, and i became a supporter immediately after I found out I could use my phone to donate, which was at August. I love this place, and aim to take part in the Unova Autumn Festival and any move event's to come.

(Pretty fitting post for a 450th, eh?)

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    I've joined Pokecommunity 6 weeks and I love this place~ And this is how I found PC...

One day, I was searching up FerrisWheelShipping on Google, and guess what I found? I found the Anime Shipping Debates on PC! XD I lurked around for awhile and decided to join when I found out that there are lots of FerrisWheelShippers! Just like me~

I became a supporter when I found out that they can make their profiles prettier~ XP

....... that's about it~

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I joined PC, so long ago, it seems like i've been here an eternity but I've taken a bunch of breaks away from posting so that's probably why. i found PC after looking up pokemon news and found serebii and then from there found you guys.

I haven't bought a pokemon game since leafgreen and when I had a gameboy sp. I'm working on getting a DS and the new pokemon games, but if it weren't for PC I wouldn't have been able to keep up on my pokemon information.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I, uh, joined in March of 2009 to, uh, download ShinyGold...>__> Yeah, I pretty much created an account, downloaded the beta, logged out, and didn't even think about the site for another year or so. I hadn't beaten the beta quite a while earlier, and I wanted to see if there had been an update. So I logged in, checked the topic, noticed there wasn't, and signed back out. A couple days later, it dawned on me, that hey, that's kinda rude isn't it? They provide me with a free Gold remake, and I don't even contribute to the site.

So I decided in May of 2010 to officially introduce myself. After kinda lurking for a while, and posting just enough to gain a little attention, I met XxRogue_TrainerxX due to trading with him. He and I continued to chat for a while until he decided to log off the forums for a while. I also met Live_Wire466 in this same manner. :D Then, I met TheSmartOne when she saw my avatar or profile pic (can't remember. XD) We started to talk, and we quickly grew to be close friends, as we still are. A while later, butterbiscuit messaged me about my sig (which we both agreed contained a "mistake" XD) and we continue to talk. Then, after a while later, I decided to join the Bleach Fan Club, where I met several other fans of the manga/anime who I love to laugh with about various Bleach (and Tvtropes) related things.

So yeah, that's me. ^__^ This was fun. :D

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    On day I wanted to join a forum so, I went to google and searched "Pokemon Forums" and this game up. I joined in June 2009 and sinced then it has been fun. There is so many of you to talk to and so many things to talk about. This is one of my favorite forums ever:D

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I had actually first learned of this place through Neopets, of all places. A friend of mine, Medaka (Then Cherish) was talking about it (Ironically during one of the crashes.) After a while she started pestering me to join. I was a bit anxious at first, but I did finally listen to her. And then I didn't even post anywhere for the longest time... I spent a month or so just lurking before I finally posted. And once I started doing so I started befriending people... I don't even know who came first... I had gotten a few friends to join but they have all but forgotten about the site. -lack of stories FTL-

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I apologize for the complete tl;dr this is going to be. It's been a whirlwind, my almost-three-years here at PC. :]

Okay so this whole thing began back in like 2007. I had just gotten into junior high/middle school or whatever you want to call it, and I was beginning to do that whole "grow up and find your niche" thing. I had a couple of friends, a couple of closer ones, and one really good one. I'm not so close with him any more and I really regret how we've drifted apart... but we were best buds back then. As y'all should know, Diamond & Pearl came out in 2007 - and that was probably the year I was most into Pokemon. Me and my friend, DJ, would actually bring our DS(es? how do you pluralize this) to school and battle Pokemon after classes and stuff, despite the risk of being taunted by people who are determined to be an ass to everyone. We never really did get noticed though, and we had our fun sitting there playing Pokemon and battling with wireless stuff. It was awesome.

And then, one day at home, I was playing with Legos and I found one really cool piece. I have no idea what it was now, but I know it was one of those newfangled Bionicles things. I think it was like a wing. It was pretty badass. Anyway, I was just fiddling with it when I was like, damn, this would look like an amazing Pokemon. And I got to thinking about it more and more. It was a legendary Pokemon, of course. Only legendaries get random badass Lego-piece wings. And then it should definitely have like some amazing power so it could be like the title legendary for a game. I was totally into morbid things at the time so I was like "ohhhhhh it should be able to control dead things! no other pokemon can do that!" and I kept thinking of things it could do and moves it would have and how the player would interact with it. Gradually, I came up with a cute little storyline with my zombie-dragon with a Lego piece wing. And I was like, how do I take my ideas (which obviously were amazing because they were mine!) and make them into a real game??

I spent ages trying to figure out how the hell I was going to make a Pokemon game. Gradually I forgot about my zombie-dragon legendary's specifics, but the big idea was still there and I still wanted to make my own Pokemon game, with my own rules and my own Pokemon and my own stories and my own people. I talked to my dad, who is a computer programmer, about it, and he directed me to some very good resources for professional game designers... but I was twelve, so um no can do good sir! I got a book on the computer programming language Python but aside from the print command that basically took what you said and spat it out (i.e. print "hello world!" and when you run the program it goes "hello world!") I had no idea what was going on in that book. This didn't prevent me from still trying, though - I kept constantly looking for a new way for me to bring my ideas to life.

And one day, on YouTube, I came across something brand new to me - someone hacked a Pokemon game! I watched in awe as the player went through an introduction that involved Professor Birch spout derogatory terms without a care in the world, male genitalia growing on trees just outside of Oldgayle Town, and May asking the player for various... things. Oblivious to all of the, um, childishness going on there, I was still amazed at how they took the game and made something fresh out of it. (and I mean fresh)

So my next action was to figure out what the hell they did. I googled "Pokemon hacking" to get a lot of similar results - people crediting AdvanceText. Curious, I googled the program and learned that what they were doing was called "ROM hacking" - and I was totally into this. I stopped a few days in after learning that ROMs weren't exactly legal to have, but then I was like what the hell and progressed forward regardless. Naturally, the biggest (and only) place that dealt with Pokemon ROM Hacking was PC, so I found myself here.

Oh and I found my first post ever on PC. I never really went through the "noob" phase like a lot of our really good members have gone through. I was always Mr. Perfect, I suppose. ...I've degraded since then, haha. :(

Anyway, I worked as a loner for a long while. I tried to do something, messed it up, got pissed, downloaded a new ROM, tried again, messed it up, and just stopped trying. I couldn't do anything right, except work AdvanceText. Maybe that's why those awful YouTube hacks existed. But after a month or two of getting nothing done, I just left PC. I hated everything to do with hacking.

A couple of months later, I was cleaning my room for the first time in like six months (I was your average preteen boy okay) and I came across a sheet of paper I had printed out. It was a copy of thethethethe's scripting tutorial. That single piece of paper brought back all of my attention to PC, and I had a renewed interest in everything again. I actually worked for a solid amount of time on my hack, and I got the attention of some other new hackers like me. I started making new friends and relationships with people. And gradually, I realized that everything we were doing was noobish and trolly and young and immature and so I found myself finding new friends and leaving old ones behind. That's how it has to be, I suppose. People change. I don't really feel like talking about the people I've met and have known for a long time - if you want to know more about that, you can check out my two awful blogs about people who have been awesome to me and/or changed my life, here and here. I've met a lot of awesome people, haha...

Anyway, I got a thread for my hack, Rebirth, up. It was bad. Here's a link. Watch out, because blue does not go very well on black. Just sayin'. BUT THE BEST PART OF THAT THREAD WAS THAT I GOT A VOTE FROM ZEL FOR HACK OF THE WEEK AAAAH right before he left PC for the longest time, haha. Here's a link to that too. I swear, I squealed for ages about how the most famous Pokemon hacker ever liked my bad hack. I was so proud of that. :(

So yeah. I got involved in the community more, and I started posting around a lot more. I was all over the place in Emulation - one of the more notable times that I can remember off the top of my head was when I semi-flamed some guy... BrokenRoses was the name, I think. Hmmm.... here we go, this thread right here. I was so elitist back then... this really opened my eyes to watch out what the hell I was saying. I knew that I was right, but I didn't need to be an ass and try to impose that onto people who wouldn't accept it anyway. That was around the time that I met probably the best friend that I've had, online or not; this gent right here. I've been working on a condensation of our VM conversation to post in a blog someday probably. Honestly, I hope all you guys meet a person that's as good of a fellow sometime in your life. :(

Oh, yeah, PC history. After I established my one half-flame of all time, I soon figured out that that really wasn't the way to go if you wanted to get peoples' attention. I soon tried to join the ROM Hacking Newsletter (RHN), ran by the moderator of Emulation at the time, Thrace. I got in (because of my flawless grammar obviously ;D ) but the newsletter kinda flopped. This is where I feel like the generations that I've known kinda split - most of the guys I knew before were beginning to die out and leave, and I began to meet new faces that I'd never known before. I met Goodies (who is now known as Manipulation), Chibi Robo, and a lot of other guys that I had never really associated myself with before. With all of the oldies cycling out, I really feel like this is when I began to step up in the community and I tried to take a bigger role in everything that I did. After RHN had been picked up by two other people (Darthatron and ~Teh_Panda~, each flopping within two editions), Manipulation and I tried to pick up ROM Hacking ourselves. This new crowd that I immersed myself in gradually became the face of Emulation, and we tried to represent well.

Thrace and Blazichu, two people who had basically been mods the entire time I had been at PC, suddenly both stepped down, leaving only Christos to do the duty. A new mod had to be elected... but I had no idea what was going on. See, right around then (I think it was April 2009) I was having some irl troubles and stuff so I took a break from PC. Of course, my main man colcolstyles kept me up-to-date on all of the latest happenings when I could access PC, and when I got the chance I checked PC to find out that they had elected destinedjagold as the new moderator of Emulation. I didn't really know him, and I still wasn't really around much. I gradually got back into it, though, and I picked up activity fast. After a little while, destinedjagold stepped down as well, and for a while it was just Christos having to cover the whole Emulation section (which is a pretty rough job, let me tell ya). Manipulation and I quickly realized that we were basically the only candidates for mod in Emulation at the time - everyone else just... didn't seem like they could do the job. We spent ages telling each other that they'd get the job. I knew I was probably on the worse end of the deal, too, because Harry had all of his staffy connections and I really didn't know anyone on staff.

And it was August 13th, at one o'clock PM on the dot. I got a nice little PM from everyone's favorite assistant admin, Mork - telling me that I was banned for posting a ROM on some guy's profile... not, haha. No, I got a request to moderate the Emulation section. I happily accepted it, then rushed over to MSN to talk to Harry about it.

And then I found out he got the same PM too. And he also accepted the call of duty. Manipulation and I became what I think was one of the first dual-moddings at PC. The job was amazing - you got so many privileges (though I hear some have gone away recently, heheh) and all the tools were neat and you got to feel the complete POWER of being able to say "hey, lucario_master44, you can't bump month-old threads." and then be able to say in BOLD CAPITALIZED WORDS, "LOCKED".

It was fun, I'll admit. And then it got long. And then it got tiring. And then more and more noobs kept posting "The Revival of SHINYGOLD! I added a new map and you can get level 89 Raikous now!!". And then my schedule filled itself up. I was a member of my school's sophomore football team - meaning that I went to the sophomore game each week, I started the junior varsity game each week, and I watched the varsity game each week, essentially taking away three nights a week that I needed to do homework and things on. Including that with school, homework, chores, whatever tiny social life I actually had, and the basic necessities of living like eating and sleeping, I really had no time to mod. This intense pressure to get everything done really kind of broke me down, and I pussed out and asked to resign two months after being modded. Way to go, Vrai. :|

I took a break from PC for a while after I quit. I needed a break. And when I came back... everything just felt different. I found it hard as hell to post in Emulation. I just couldn't. I had no interest any more. I kept trying, but nothing good really ever came out. I accepted that and decided that I was going to move on from Emulation, really.

...so I got into a different section of PC, Strategies and Movesets. I had actually shown interest in being a part of S&M back when I was on staff - they had a "revival" thread where they were talking about bringing up tutoring people for competitive battling. I was interested, and I was partnered up with Wolflare (who is a total boss you guys should all talk to him all the time. tbh he deserves his modship more than most of the mods at PC we have right now, I think.). Of course, this is when my internet went bonkers and I left PC for a bit...

But I came back, with interest in S&M still. I met a cat named Vance, or .. Yeah, his username was ., but I'm going to refer to him as Vance because there is no need for extraneous punctuation that can lead to total confusion!!!?!?!

...yes well anyway I got into the competitive battling scene. I met guys like Dark Azelf and Anti and Luke and Syndrome (who was totally a jerk to me when I was a noob and had only been there for like a day but who is also a total boss if you get to know him). Competitive battling gradually became my "thing" and it became what I spent the majority of my time online doing. And that's really where I am today. There's a little bit more to it than that, but my days of competitive battling never really held as much drama as Emulation did, haha. I talk to a lot of people all the time and I like to think that I have several strong friendships at PC. I still spend my days trying to make quality competitive teams, but I think that I'm actually getting better at it, rather than not doing so like I usually do... Here's to sticking around for a little longer!

...and if you made it through all of that I commend you. :(
    someone else should post a tl;dr history so i don't feel like the only noob who has spent so much time on this

Years
    ^ OMFG! O_O;
    Definition on tl;dr there.

Well, when I first came here nearly 5 years ago. I wasn't that active much, since I felt like I didn't fit in and I was younger then, obviously, so I felt like if I didn't fit in, there was no point in sticking around.

I came back after a while and made good friends with Vendak and Fox. They were my heros when I was younger and I lived by their word.

Time passed and I grew to be on their level, being good friends and having many trolls together. Time passed once more and I grew more active and... things happened to one of them.

Now I am here. I am enjoying the site and I hope to be here for many more years.​

Years
    i joined this site since Oct 2010...this is my 2nd pokemon forum i joined..

i found this site when i google-ing to find rom hack for my chinese PMP and i bought a NDS after several weeks joined here..:D

the 1st person i VMed was MEGAS..i ask him about EV...i dont know what the hell is EV things...lol...

then i being friend with Migit78..hes a cool person here...i trade a lot stuff with him..he had complete shiny national dex..O.o

i really really love this site..

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My journey in the Pokemon fandom began a long long time ago...sometime in 2000. It was this year that thirteen-year-old me joined my first forum ever, a pokemon TCG trading site called Pokemon Trading cards Online, or PTCO. While there, I earned a reputation of being a complete n00b at both the TCG (that I've since then quit) and the game boy pokemon games. I eventually got banned over the spring of 2002 because an admin was convinced that I was a troll after I asserted that [Psychic/Transform/Headbutt/Rock Smash] was a good moveset for Mew. XD

With a new resolve to educate myself, I found solace in the first pokemon news site I could find, Pokemon Elite 2000, or PE2K. After educating myself as much as I could on the games, I eventually decided to join their forum in Dec. 2002, which at the time linked to PC's old database, so I could interact with the real experts.

For my first month or so at PC, I was most active in the TCG section and the roleplay section (two places I rarely visit anymore). I eventually branched out to the Pokemon gaming sections, Pokemon General, the Art gallery (which at the time didn't have any subforums), and classic postcount-boosters, OC and MVP (mixed voting polls, back before it was renamed to OVP). In these days, I relied heavily on an innocent, heavily Brockish and flirty persona to get attention. XD

In the spring of 2003, several things changed. PE2K split off from PC and took 90% of its active members with them and my first two PC friends joined, a young Arcanine and a young 22sa. Together the three of us had an unofficial postcount battle mostly occurring in Pokemon Trivia that resulted in the three of us in the top five posters by the end of the summer, right behind a lass named Dratini that had left with the other PE2K folk with a hefty and unattainable postcount of 2800. XD

Over the summer of 2003, Master Kwesi Nkhromah did something that I'm fairly certain hasn't been done since...he had open AIM interviews for moderators. with the courage given to me by my closest PC buddies, I sent an IM his way. I was amazed at how nice a guy he really was and we got along great. He never got back to me though...

...until that September, when PC moved from its old database to a new one, the one we're currently using, which mandated that everyone reregister. Kwesi popped up on AIM and told me that he wanted me to be one of the first people to register. I did and lo and behold, no less than five minutes after I did, my username was wearing the classic orange indicative of the S-mods. Needless to say, that was an accident on their fault. As soon as I clicked on the "Community HQ" forum, I was bumped down to a regular moderator. XD

My first day as a moderator was fun. I made several friends in the staff that I was too intimidated to talk to before like Erica (Lighting, then a regular moderator), Jake (Hiroshi Sutomura, also a regular moderator at the time), and Abby, a moderator that would go on to become the first in the Assistant Admin usergroup (or praetor as it was called back then).

Since the only section under my jurisdiction at the time was Pokemon Trivia (which would later split into PT and OT), moderating was easy. I just had to delete/edit posts that bypassed character limits and move the occasional thread to the Pokemon Video Gaming section. I recently dug into old PT threads and found one instance of me abusing power to edit someone's post, albeit the context was something like,
    Having fun being a moderator Tmbjr?

[tmbjr edit] Yes, yes I am. :P

Personally though the best thing about being a moderator from my experiences was the fact that newbies turned to you first in asking questions and getting people to help them. CQ&F quickly became one of the biggest sections for me, and as my sphere of influence grew to reach Pokemon General and Video Gaming, I was content with getting more and more respect around the community. XD

Then I started to muck things up.

If I were to dig up some of my old posts, I'll admit to being a terrible moderator in hindsight. I liked to insult members and I would often close threads with some generic condescending comment about how rules were made to be read and not pooped on. When I eventually did make S-mod in Dec. 2004, it was met with mixed reactions because of how big of a jerk I was. During my brief gig as an S-mod, certain people were modded that I despised and instead of doing the mature thing, I decided to instigate internal staff conflicts...I was a drama queen back then. After all was said and done, I was fortunate to have been left standing in my position, but it was obvious that the members really didn't like me, so I eventually elected to step down from the staff and disappear from PC altogether. D:

Five years later, I rejoined PC under my current username. It's similar enough to my old name that my old friends would recognize me, but different enough to symbolize how much I've matured in the interim. I'm grateful for the fresh start I had and for the good handful of friends I've made since this new account, and although I'm not nearly as active as I was in my prime. I'm here for the long haul. XD

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I joined in November 2007 mostly on advice from fan fiction mod Astinus. I originally joined to find another place to post my fan fiction, but as drama kept occuring more often on another forum I found myself on PC more and more often. About a year later, I changed my username to what it is now to distance myself from my old identity. At about the same time, I began branching out into other areas of the forums and spent less and less time on fan fiction, as my interest in that area was waning.

I've met some really great people on PC who haver helped me with trading over wi-fi, sprites and art, signature coding, and introducing me to new anime shows. In August of 2009, I decided to donate to PC and became an official supporter (and even more active on the site). And today I remain quite active on PC in a number of areas on the site. Although, as it happens, nowadays I rarely visit the section that got me started on PC - fan fiction.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Heh. tl;dr incoming...

What a stay it has been.

I joined back in 2004. Up until early 2005 I was active, I was happy, I was...a n00b?! Yes, I had n00b days. In hindsight it feels like I had more fun on PC then than I did now, but as they say "Ignorance is bliss" and lost innocence is impossible to regain.

So in early 2005, I dropped off the radar. Life as it were demanded my attention in such a way and prevented me from getting on PC. When I returned in early 2007 I was surprised to find things had changed much. Picking up where I left off was easy...but after the usual drama, what story is complete without drama, I rebooted. My username changes from that period were frequent enough, once I go into such a reformative state I tend to change forms several times before fixing on the one that suits. 2008-2009 brought a couple of semi-stable pairings, which lasted long enough. I'd gelled then to the form I was going to stay with. But of course life has it's way and the drama llama can never really be killed. that drama wasn't the destabilizing blow. Far from it...I was quite well off fairly quickly after all of that.

Life as it seems simply wasn't finished with me. In early 2010, I lost a family member, also being injured badly myself in the same accident. Of course, this has brought much change in me, some of which people refuse to accept quite so well. It's saddening in a way, but I can't help that people won't let go of what I was to accept who I am now. NDEs usually change people...and I really can't help that. So yeah, pardon the mess, this entity is undergoing remodeling of character in the forges of life. I do hope that people like the end result, even if the construction itself isn't pretty. x3

But yeah. I'm here, I'm well, I'm happy and I'm not going to let a few blind people put me off. Yeah, the drama llama likes to follow me around sometimes, but eh. I feel blessed that I don't have to put up with the crap that I see others around me putting up with. Considering the drama I experience and comparing it to the things I see makes me know that I've got it considerably easier than some, not that's something to brag about...just that it makes me feel lucky.

Ah well, I've always outgrown my friends. It's annoying as hell, because I hate leaving them behind, but I know that if I look forward and not back, there will always be more where that came from. Amazingly, people who I've outgrown usually come back to me anyway once they complete their own journey into the maturity.

For most people, the best you can hope for from me is silence...because it means I'm considering it. Expecting me to say you're right when I'm on the opposing side is the wrong thing to expect, because I'm far too headstrong. I certainly don't expect people to admit it regardless of how refreshing it is to hear those words.

I do not, not even for one lone moment, regret any of my PC experience. The people I meet, the resistance I see, the friends I make, the people who move on, the people I move on from myself, and even my enemies and rivals are all people I appreciate, though I seldom express it. I don't express it much mostly because where's the use in it? Telling an enemy "Thank you" seldom does much more to make them like you, and nothing you can do or say can change their feelings about you until they get over it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Lets see, the main thing I care about from my stay are my friends, so this will be a recollection of how I met 'em.

I joined back in February of 2006 when I was 14 years-old for the sole reason of reading fanfiction. I had joined SPPF because I adored Water Spirit's story so much, and I thought maybe there was another site like it with a pokemon fanfiction section? So I googled it and found myself here. Although at the time, the fanfiction section was more or less not too active, so I had to lurk out into other areas of the forum. I wasn't all OMG POKEMON YESSSS as much so off to off topic discussions I went :D

First, I started a Drew and the Coordinators Club which is where I met Aegis. We paired up within 2 weeks of our join date since he joined about a week before me :P we were such noobs back then hahaha. i typed leik tHis a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_____________________^ I then moved from those clubs to member fanclubs where I swear I accumulated over like 8,000 posts because that's where I spent like 3 years of my forum life. it's also how I met my friends :)

I met Chikara, my partner in crime, in a Fruits Basket club in '06 but she scared me and we didn't really talk until she joined my fanclub. I met Klippy in '06 by being his ex-wife since we both shared a son in our PC families (oh pc families hahahaha) and we met in Persona's fanclub. I think I may have also met Dawg 2005 and Emma there too. I met Marz in his fanclub after we both won April Motm in '07 but he ignored me for 2 weeks before finally pming me his apology and we've been friends since. I met Harmony in my 16th birthday thread in '07, and she also avoided me but is now one of my best friends hahaha >_>

finally, I met people like Metatron (who intimidated me like no freaking other but it's okay even after being friends for so long I scare him too :D), Amachi, Drummershuff, Midnight Beat (07), Saryka, Live in Color, and Sorano (08) via msn through the above mentioned people or though livejournal. sure things got crazy, but i'm so glad I met these awesome people. PC did me well in that respect. I even got to meet a couple of them irl last summer :D

tl;dr version: I came for fanfiction and there wasn't much, so I lived in MCG and member fanclubs until 08 since that's basically where all my posts went (and why despite being a member here for 5 years I seem to have no posts), met some awesome people, tried leaving a few times, and came back.

THERE YOU GO. and like my last history post...USERNAMES!: KyokoButterfly15, *Princess Seraphia*, Takara, Kyoko, Satsuki, Kyoko, Thaleia, Reine Blair, Stiletto, and finally Kyoko :)

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, no tl;dr here since I kept making typos left and write and it annoys me to erase everytime I type a word, so yeah. Let me sum up my years in PC.

I joined in Jan 2007, searching for Pokemon pics but forgot to hit the 'Image' button, didn't actually start to be active until a month later, After than, I kinda joined every Clubs in the Pokemon/Other Member/Other Clubs and manage to make lots of fanclubs for random people. That's how I kinda met friends here. I still remember asking Nica to save me in Mystery Dungeon. XD (Oh, I also used my very first XD in a PM to Nica, since she overused them back then, and I was there when Nica 'left' PC on her FC. That was SO hilarious! People started making threads to make Nica comeback to PC. XD April Fools, in August!) I also started playing in the OT extensively. I was there when The One Above was the hottest game, I was there where TCTI was formed, and so on and so forth. When I got bored, I wandered into the graphics section and saw banners made by Shiranui, and made friends there.That how I learned how to photoshop since I bugged the crap out of Macy, and when I learned the basics, I got too cocky and made a LOT of banner shops. I actually bothered the mod assigned there, I think she left PC but yeah. Two of her many name changes was mizuki and Loki.

So, anyways, got inactive for a while, actually for 6 months, and when I went online, I'm probably just lurking around, and yeah, here I am now. XD

I realized that I really am the kind of n00bs when I first joined in PC. When I see my old post, I want to hit myself in my head and ask myself: 'What was I thinking!?'

Oh, for nostalgia's sake. Past usernames were: RazoREdge, Ryouki, Rei Yuki, Ryouki, Feint, Jupiter of the Monkey, RYOUKI.

Ah, crap. I just realized that I change my name to Ryouki 4 times, and I'm counting Rei Yuki since that's how I pronounce my name in my head. Oh, and yeah, my name was once Feint. XD

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Nuthin so big for me:

Somewhere in the Middle of 2008 my school decided to take a Java Applet Plugin stopping me from my most obsessive game at the time "Arcanists" I was really annoyed at that time I had done nothing else but to play Aracanist. Being unable to play arcanist I went in search to find something else to do... somewhat I decided something Pokemon to do.
    Somehow I came across PC tbh... have no exact idea how?

.... And that's how I'm here today XD

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I joined back in Sep 30th once I left another site that I wasn't enjoying as much as I hopped. I wanted to enjoy a community that wasn't so strict as that one. I have found this site before but never decided to join or not. I finally joined and had made my first thread. A couple of my friends from other sites has joined but they didn't last for a while on PC. So I had to start by scratch by meeting new friends on the site.

I joined my first event which was the Halloween event and had gotten my first emblem. I never knew it was a actual event since I was knew and to be honest; I didn't know what a emblem was. Rukario became my first friend on here so I was glad that I become friends with Rukario. Soon I started posting in Pokemon groups and had joined the Pokemon special group. I started meeting more friends there and had gotten a lot active on the forum because of that thread. I finally joined the Pokemon Anime shipping debate and that was when I met TheSmartone, Mew, Regeneration, RubyJ, Jorah, Advancedk47 and other members who post in that thread all the time. I started to meet more people now once I joined a few more groups and had gotten into the chatbox. The events that happened during the Christmas event got me to want to join more in events. I won in one event for my first time which had broughten more of my coffidents. I trusted the site soon enough to donate money to the site back in January. My history is a little short but I'm so glad that I joined this site.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Ohkay... here goes.

I joined way back in 2004, just 3 days before my eleventh birthday. PC was pretty much my introduction to forums and the internet in general, and I was a total n00b, ohmygod. No idea what I was doing at all. Thought I was the smartest kid in the world, totally arrogant and egotistical. I made a few friends, mainly from games in FunTime in PokeLand, and paired up with shadowman321 at some point. That didn't last long, because he kind of vanished after about a month.

FunTime in Pokeland- The Nightclub and ToA especially- was a big part of my early days on PC. That's where I met most of the people I knew around then- Kiri, NiNGi, 1313666, Chairman Kaga, ~*Silent Tattsu*~, IceKitten (knew her as Tig), InuYasha, Kagome, Ami, KARR... so many people. I remember seeing others too, though I didn't ever really talk to them- Jeremy, Sachiko, Chatsy... All kinds of people.

Then there was drama, in mid-'05 or something, and I left PC. Popped back in a year later for a few days, talked to Chairman Kaga briefly, and left again. I didn't really come back until last year in July, when I just sort of remembered that PC existed. I came back humbler and wiser, made my first ever introduction thread, ended up in OT, hung around and played forum games for a while. Then I remade the Nightclub around the time I met people like Sammyskitty, Akita, BinaryPeaches, donavannj, Roswell, Zeffy, Pokestick... and lots and lots of people that were around OT. I also started talking to a few people over VMs, notably Pikapal642, since I liked his avatar at the time. I paired up with Sammyskitty and Akita at some point, which is cool because we stick together like glue anyhow.

Then I started getting myself out of OT and into the rest of the community, more so NU/W than anything. I met a few people because of NU/W, mainly Miss Doronjo and Erufuun. There was drama and stuff late in the year and I wasn't the one who left that time. After that I started moving out of NU/W and into Pokemon Anime as Best Wishes! began, started getting involved in Episode Discussion and Shipping Debates. I met AdvancedK47 that way, and AshPikastar and Mew~ and Regeneration and others. My obsession with Dent started to manifest around the beginning of this year, and because of that I made a fanclub for him. And CafeMochaShipping. I started hanging around Pokemon Groups more, especially when the "Evil Team Wars" began. My sister joined PC as Enlightened~Espeon and Pikapal642's brother Huzzah! joined and we started talking. At some point Sammyskitty dragged me into the IRC, where I met a few people and started talking more to people I had known before- Bloo, Live, Forever, Luke, Feign, twocows... all sorts. And I started talking to Nameless over MSN, too.

Looking back on everything I've typed, I can tell my attitude about things has changed drastically from when I first joined. Back then it was all about me, what I wanted, how I felt, how things affected me. Now, you can look at this and see... it's about the people I've met, what I've done with them, etc. It's not all about me anymore, and I think PC has helped me realize that and get to this point. I don't think like I used to, not at all... I can't even understand how I was anymore. I don't understand what I was thinking at all, or why I was thinking it. I've changed that much. It's kinda weird to think about.

But it's nice, too.

... I rambled a bit, sorry.

Back